[FM21]I Heard You’re A Player.Nice To Meet You,I’m The Manager.

B.W.G

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, darkstars said:

fantastic progress so far. Any chance we could see your 4231? I cant quite make it work on my save so I would love to see what you are playing with

Thanks!

As for the tactic in which I must warn you,it could depending on what level you are using it at,leak a lot of goals as well possibly cause disciplinary issues due to get stuck in.

0abe9c88be8521a85ea7981c468c966a.png59ba5ae18e82e4ed4164331b2e1b0fd5.png

0380941d7000e6530f569dba18728eee.pngde31e606941427e70aab0d427c7aaab7.png

41df89db427c8fe0f7330f3249c58add.png

Dempo SC - Hero I-League - Pre-Season - 2042/43

Season Preview - Expectations

Transfers - Released - Youth

We released fourteen players in the offseason for two reason,the first to keep the wage budget down while the second reason is to try and help strengthen the league up as a whole.I could have of tried to cash in on them as they were in the last season if their contract but I thought it would be better to let them leave for free so other sides could strengthen which in the long term would help the league,eight of the fourteen have already found new clubs in the I-League while three others have joined clubs in the ISL which leaves three players left over.No one came in during the off season as the player I was looking at signed a new contract while five players have left on loan for developmental reasons.

Pre-Season Fixtures 

Same old story of no one wanting to play us this early into the season,I miss having friendlies in the Summer!

The Team

2769caf095ea1fd0f26e29bdaf99c95c.png

Samir Lawrence

Amadou Mansaray

Anand Roy

Joe Pal

Hassan Salih

Manager's Thoughts

The off season this time was more about off loading fringe players and players who were not going to make it at the club in an attempt to help strengthen the league as a whole while sending others out for developmental reason which could help strengthen us in the long run,the reason why I decided to do it this way is due to the money from the Champions League as it has left us in a very solid position so I could afford to let them go for nothing.We've had enough money to upgrade Junior Coaching and Youth Recruitment which is beneficial in the long run and the youth faciltiy upgrade will be done in December so that only pushes us further away from the rest of the league and this was also factored into my decision of letting the players go for free.

As for this season,this is unchartered territory for me as I am entering my fifth season as the manager at a single club which is unheard of from me and I am actually considered a club icon which is also a first from me.What I am expecting off the players this season is helping push us for another domestic clean sweep,this is definitely possible as we are pulling away from the rest of the league due to playing continental football as the Champions League has already netted us £1.5 million.Talking of the Asian Champions League,I am not expecting to go much further as we are playing Al-Ain in August but I will keep my faith in the 4-1-4-1 which has gotten us this far.Time to carry on our journey!

28 minutes ago, Sonic Youth said:

Going to be interesting to see what happens in Asia. The rest this season is maintaining what you have and moving it forward to this position (or better) start of next season. It’s still quite a journey to do all that I think.

I think we stand a fantastic chance of reaching the semi-final of the Champions League this season as we have a 2-1 lead over them going into the home leg.The two biggest problems of the Champions League are Al-Hilal and Beijing Guoan but both are currently down in their respective ties going into the second leg so the Champions League is anyone's at this moment in time as there is no Shandong left in the competition and they've won eight of the last eleven.

b31f4fdf706b791175c45858840d4de2.png

Yokohama F.Marinos are nothing more then a team full of greyed out players,there are also two Australian teams in the quarter finals which has now happened three times since the save began so it is a really weird one this year.

Also I think Malaysia and Singapore could be difficult due to the low youth ratings so the players coming through are not the best (both rated at 35/200) while Hong Kong is rated at 47/200 so Hong Kong is more likely to produce better players.Singapore is but of a weird one as there is a team who produce nothing but Japanese regens.

August 2042

Fixtures

c9514358b99929c0b473de3d8ab05cfc.png

Durand Cup Stages

5048bfaf9c840076d4b0c64d48cecbec.png

c0f597c8f160f96c2dfbfdb24c34f15e.png

Manager's Thoughts

I think this was the easiest defence of the Durand Cup I will ever make as we completely dominated the competition with five goals being the least amount I scored in a single game,Mansaray went absolutely crazy when it came to finishing chances as he scored 16 goals in these five games which isn't a bad return for someone with 5 finishing.We also played in the Champions League in which we beat UAE side Al-Ain 2-1 away from home and that is a massive result as we were missing 17 players due to u19 and u23 international tournaments.

Just the one game in September which is the Quarter final second leg of the Champions League,we hold a slight 2-1 advantage but I am slightly worried about the situation with players as they may still be on international duty to the ongoing tournaments and we have a player suspended as well.The first leg saw us have 15 players available,the next leg could see us with fourteen but we will try our best.

September 2042

Fixtures

33e0d92ed55f16a4a45c6f073f4a959c.png

Champions League Semi-Final first leg

98a5a0b5737baae87933e5026b24be10.png

Manager's Thoughts

The second leg against Al-Ain was a bore draw in which neither team looked like scoring and probably wouldn't of scored if you added another ninety minutes to the game,the draw meant we went through 2-1 on aggregate.As for the first leg of the semi-final,looking at the stats it was a really even game between ourselves and Central Coast Mariners but we somehow ran out 7-3 winners which is a completely bizarre result but we look really good for a spot in the Champions League final.

Just the one game in October which sees us play Central Coast Mariners in the second leg of the semi-final,all we need to do is avoid getting beat by four goals or more to ensure we reach the Champions League final,going off the stats of the first leg,we should be able to do that.The winners of this tie will face Beijing Guoan or Jeonbuk,surprisingly Jeonbuk are going into the second leg with a 2-0 lead.

October 2042

Champions League Semi-Final Second Leg

b4a2e5f57523cd4d546f65151b116f41.png

Manager's Thoughts

What the hell was that match!?

We were 3-1 down at one point so to come back and win 4-3 on the night is amazing and something I was completely unexpected.It was a very even game in which we edged them on shots despite Central Coast Mariners edging us on possession.We won 11-6 on aggregate which ended an amazing spectacle for the neutrals over two legs.Champions League final here we come!!!!

November sees us play two competitive games which will be the Champions League final.The final is a real underdog final as we are facing South Korean side Jeonbuk Hyundai as they knocked out Chinese giants Beijing Guoan,we have already knocked out Suwon Bluewings and they are regarded as the biggest team in South Korea so we stand a chance at the trophy.What an absolutely crazy year this has been in the Champions League.

November 2042

9ff1d37ffb7307b22d34256bb6c998af.png

Manager's Thoughts

The fairy tale ending turned into a nightmare!

We were up against too much in both games as Jeonbuk ended up winning the tie on away goals with both referees help.In both games we committed a lot less fouls and ended up with more yellow cards,the accumalation of yellow cards meant three of our defenders were suspended for the second leg.The second leg saw an offside goal in the 80th minute to give Jeonbuk the away goal victory,guess what.....there's no VAR in the Asian Champions League,might as well gave the ref a Jeonbuk shirt!

December sees the start of the league section of the season and we will be playing eight times.My aim is to finish the month at the top of the table as I want to assert my domestic domination quite early in the league,we actually kick off the season against Gokulam Kerala and they were the only team to beat us last season so I want revenge,the most difficult tie of the month is against Salgaocar but I am confident we will be top going into the new year.

December 2042

Fixtures

c692ae295b97b9c0352b024f6853957c.png

League Table

d4e11ea299215f6931fc02c404b408cc.png

Manager's Thoughts

It was a fantastic start overall as we won seven out eight as we finished the month at the top of the table with a four point gap over NEROCA.We just had the one blip against Real Kashmir but it was just one of those days where nothing went right for us as we threw everything including the kitchen sink to no success.I do have to note that our first choice keeper Subhash Singh has been out injured for seven of these games so I am really pleased to see Deni D'Souza step in and help us despite the loss.

Just the three games in January which are all league games (I will explain why in a separate post),we will be facing Aizawl,Chennai City and Shillong Lajong.We sould be able to beat the bottom two with very little problem but Aizawl will be a tricky game as they have started very well and we are missing players due to internationals so it's a case of wait and see what will happen, hopefully Jamie and Mansaray can help us progress towards the title.

Youth Intake Preview

The HoYD has finally done something!

b664d0c3c97d9613d0ffa3509d5194e7.png

This is actually my first intake since 2039!

I actually really like this intake as we are short on high potential centre backs so that is a massive plus for me,seeing full backs is also a plus but I am hoping they are DR's as we don't have many options in that are.Another striker coming through is something I can work with as this means I can let Momoh go and bring in another foreign player to help improve the squad.

Asian League Rankings

6392f7b928fa61899e6a08b27469e088.png

What a load of rubbish this is,I got to the final of the Champions League and the league hasn't moved what so ever.To make this even worse for us now,Malaysia are literally one spot behind us which is annoying as they get more Continental spots than we do so they could overtake if more than one team do well.Singapore is slowly catching up as they are now 24th (up from 27th last season) while Hong Kong has moved up to 37th (was 38th last season).

Just now, Sonic Youth said:

:eek: So close!

These results must have been good for the league rankings.

That semi aggregate victory is such a wild couple of games.

I thought we could take them but it happens.

The results did nothing for the league rankings and that has annoyed me :seagull:

January 2043

Fixtures

4b729419808df5922cc2ebe95de93ffc.png

League Table

bd0d1e450ac0d7595884bcac5cd40e2a.png

Manager's Thoughts

Two wins in the league have kept us at the top although we do have two games in hand on NEROCA so we are still in a strong position if we can win the games in hand.We have also progressed to the Champions League West Playoff with wins against Shahr Khodro and Al-Ahli (KSA),the game against Al-Ahli was a bit nervy and it was only when Lawrence scored that my nerves calmed,other than that all I can say is all hail the 4-1-4-1.

We play six times in February,five in the league and one in the Champions League.If we can get twelve points then we should be on course for the title,we do have a couple of very tricky games as we are playing both NEROCA and Churchill Bros but I am confident we will be able to handle anything thrown at us.In the Champions League we are facing Al-Ain,we actually beat Al-Ain in the Champions league in the quarter finals so I am confident we can beat them,I will be keeping my faith in the 4-1-4-1 which has done me so well in the competition.

Continental Clean Sweep is on!!!
d75d46e6049776888fb9ebec3c2ac4f1.png

I generally have zero idea of how this has happened as it didn't happen last season but we are in both the ACL and the ACC,god help my fixture list in a couple of months!

7 hours ago, B.W.G said:

I generally have zero idea of how this has happened as it didn't happen last season but we are in both the ACL and the ACC,god help my fixture list in a couple of months!

Unfortunately for you and your team that is how you singlehandedly bring Indian Football kicking and screaming into prominence. Unfortunately for you this isn't Cricket or Field Hockey Manager!

8 hours ago, B.W.G said:

:eek: 
It’s on! :lock:

5 hours ago, Hootieleece said:

Unfortunately for you and your team that is how you singlehandedly bring Indian Football kicking and screaming into prominence. Unfortunately for you this isn't Cricket or Field Hockey Manager!

There will be a lot of kicking or screaming,it will either be me dragging the team or me being dragged out :lol: 

4 hours ago, Sonic Youth said:

:eek: 
It’s on! :lock:

We should be able to win the ACC but it isn't too concerning if we lose as it is only listed as "preferred" which is a 2/4 ranking so I will be mainly focusing on the ACL.

February 2043

Fixtures

7878fe14721da925ae2974b6ed573651.png

Tables

57d76448e1941679c73814662c329753.png

6cb8718fe3943de65ae8fce684519be7.png

Manager's Thoughts

A bit of an inconsistent month in the league as we picked up ten points from fifteen which has left us four points ahead of NEROCA with a game in hand so we do still have a slight advantage,I am not starting to develop a hated for Goukulam Kerala as they have now beat us in successive seasons and are the only team to actually do so.The Champions League has been really tough so far,we got past Al-Ain on penalties just to get to the group stage but I am still unbeaten on penalty shoots out with a record of 5-0.The group stage saw us get a very respectable draw against Al-Nassr while we easily beat Sepahan in the other game so I am very happy with the start.

We play five more times in March,three in the league,one in the ACL and one in the ACC.In the league we are facing Salgaocar,Indian Arrows and Real Kashmir,if we can win all three and Neroca slip up then that should give us the title in March but we need to be at our best as if we slip up then NEROCA can put pressure on us which is not what I need.In the ACL we are facing Al-Wasl,looking at their team I generally feel we can beat them and clinch three points as they look a lot easier to face than Al-Ain were.In the ACC we kick off our campaign with a game against W.A.P.D.A,I don't even see them as a threat and we should easily pick up three points against them.

March 2043

Fixtures

27e29be4f64edcbe3a54603291703ceb.png

Tables

e0c9ae8035cf5dbeb576556c050676cf.png

4d354fc0bfb897dcc9b936e44bb92909.pngfbf6502da4810e8eecc6164310f6c376.png

Manager's Thoughts

It turned out the seven points from three games was enough to secure us the title due to NEROCA losing to Punjab as well as Salgaocar also dropping points to Punjab at the end of the month so I will like to dedicate this title victory to Punjab who helped us massively in clinching the title in March.For the game we dropped points in,I did get a good laugh in as Salgaocar's scorer is called Salgaocar!The Champions League saw us clinch a very tight victory as we ran out 1-0 winners,this meant we finish matchday 3 at the top due to Al-Nassr drawing against Sepahan.No problems in the ACC as we ran out 6-1 winners against W.A.P.D.A,we should top this group easily as the only difficult team in it is ISL side Bengaluru.

Six games in April,two in the league,two in the ACL and two in the ACC.In the league we finish our campaign off with games against Aizawl and Chennai City,these games are not a priority for me this month as we have the title wrapped up and we have bigger fish to fry.In the Champions League we are facing Al-Nassr and Sepahan,I think we could pick up four points from these two games and that would be the same points picked up against them in the previous two games so I will be aiming for that.As for the ACC,we are facing Bengaluru and Abahani KC,if we win both of these games then that will put us in pole position in the gorup.April will also see some off the field action as the next youth intake is due.

Youth Intake 2043

22c33539193fae053daf8493c5f5bf99.png

Adil Peixoto

Balaji Gaikwad

Mana Antony

Manager's Thoughts

Not as good as previous seasons when it comes to stand out individuals but it is still a pretty solid intake when it comes to adding depth to the team as the top seven will all be signed from this intake.

Peixoto is the stand out star of the intake but I don't use the AMC role unless I am lacking strikers but the advantage of Peixoto is that he can be retrained as a MC and a DM so that can be done and he will be very useful for the 4-4-2 and the 4-1-4-1 formations we use.Gaikwad could easily become a first team player as his versatility to play naturally in two positions is ideal and he is a player I will be looking to loan out in the future.Antony is a victim of unfortunate circumstance as he could become a very good keeper but we had a better keeper a come through a couple of years a go who has started making first team appearances so Anton'y path is blocked at the minute.

April 2043

Fixtures

ea0ff31903fc6398ecd6b3bd4c41fc73.png

Tables

f76b72c87e2ce283e52ffe571c1705f7.png

014b0d6d047bb01c03e0e31bb4299bf9.png b12b9e8f237fc04c3ddf4b7bc7ac1acf.png

Manager's Thoughts

We finished off the league campaign with a hard fought victory over Aizawl and a demolition job of recently relegated Chennai City as we somehow finished eleven points clear at the top as both Salgaocar and NEROCA failed to win in April.In the Champions League we somehow won both games,an extremely late winner saw us beat Al-Nassr while we played for over thirty minutes with ten men as Naik was sent off for two bookable offences.No problems in the ACC as we easily won both games to take control of the group.On the pitch everything was rosy,off the pitch saw a disaster happen as Mansaray has been ruled off for 3-4 months with a hip injury which means we won't see him till next season!

May and June are nothing but cup fixtures,we have five fixtures in May and one in June (at the minute).On the domestic front we are playing Gokulam Kerala in the Confederation Cup,they are one of two teams to beat us this season so I want revenge for that.The ACL sees us finish our group stage campagn up with a trip to Qatar to face Al-Wasl,we are already through so I don't care about this game but I know we will be playing the second round of the ACL as well but I have no clue on who we are facing yet.We finish our ACC group stage campaign with three games and all we need to guarantee ourselves qualification is seven points and I am very confident we can do that.

May/June 2043

Fixtures

5dfba996cc2e13ef8cacf07fd61bf42c.png

Federation Cup

2d2eea80153890dfc8b17ff6041e7e13.png

ACC Table

7def7698e5d917f9d254cf1b04b4d122.png

Manager's Thoughts

Well the Federation Cup saw two firsts occur in one game,this was my first loss in a domestic competition and it was my first loss in a penalty shoot out in a save so I am really gutted,the board are whining that I didn't win it but I played over an hour with only ten men as my left back Ratkip got his marching orders for a stupid challenge,it's just  a shame that the lottery of a penalty shoot out didn't go my way,We made progress in the Champions League as got past Al-Rayyan with a 2-1 aggregate victory in the second round,the draw has been favourable to us for the quarter finals as we will be facing  another Qatari side!As for the ACC,I wanted seven points as that would see us qualify and we got seven points so that was the objective met as we moved on to the Interzone semi-finals.

End of Season update to follow then onto the 43/44 season we go!

Season Review41df89db427c8fe0f7330f3249c58add.png

Dempo SC - Hero I-League - End of Season - 2042/43

Season Review

Other then those who were released in the off season between 41/42 and 42/43,no one else permanently left the club.In total nine players left the club on loan,all of whom I let out for developmental reasons as I felt getting first team action could give them a bit of a boost instead of just sitting in our u18's or not playing.No one joined us this season which is a bit disappointing as the one I was after signed a new contract at his club and didn't want to join.

Fixtures 1 - 2 - 3

Competitions

Hero I-League - Winners

52ac1e2a822cd3b0a818c915ac7636b0.png

Another league title in the bag as we ran out victors with an eleven point margin,it wasn't impressive as any of the last two seasons but we got it done.We did however set a new record as our 11-0 win over Chennai City is now the biggest win ever in the league.

Asian Champions League - Quarter-Finals

20cdc81b9f23874a4be71d42260662d3.png

Another season of overperforming in the league.In the playoffs we beat Shahr Khodro,Al-Ahli and Al-Ain (via penalties) to reach the group stages.We topped our group with a record of 4-1-1 which was pretty good with the only points dropped being against Al-Nassr and Al-Wasl.In the Second round we just about got past Al-Rayyan,we really should of won by more but our attackers had an off day twice!As you can see we will be facing Al-Gharafa in the quarter final and I am confident we can beat them again after playing them last season.

Asian Confederation Cup - Interzone Playoff Semi-Finals

d9594c7dc085bd270e3a3bcd5dfa4c26.png

I wasn't expecting to play in this competition based off the fact we didn't season so competing in this came as a surprise.We entered at the group stage and topped the group with a record of 5-1-0,no issues about the draw as it came in the last group game where we had already qualfied.I won't find out who we will face till later on but the Interzone playoff semi-final is usually played at the end of August and the start of September.

Durand Cup - Winners

dd92ef2db9b6a954f222cbc342f3c0be.png

We had zero issues in retaining the Durand Cup as we gave a beat down to every one faced.When the minimum goals scored in a single game is five then you know you have completely destroyed the competition.

Federation Cup - Runners-Up

1999a3d0d148dd9733442f604674bf3f.png

Well this is highly unusual as this is the first domestic competition I have not won in India.We didn't really have any issues against Gokulam Kerala in the quarter finals as even a fully rotated side in the second leg managed to beat them.We faced Churchill Bros twice in two days and beat them 4-0 both times which is remarkable as I changed the entire eleven for the second leg.The final itself was a disaster and we could of lost it in normal time,let alone penalties.We reduced to ten men in the 32nd minute when Rakip was sent off,we then equalized in the 93rd minute to make it 2-2 and send it to extra time.We took the lead in extra time but we couldn't hold on as Aizawl pulled it back and punished us on penalties.

Players,Stats and Awards

Overall Best XI

Best XI - Accolades 1 - 2

The Team

cc8ddb3772ff368f04fa2a159c2b4bc0.png

Samir Lawrence

Amadou Mansaray

Pratik Chauhan

Joe Pal

Jamie Richardson

Manager's Thoughts

This season turned out to be more competitive than I first thought it would be after out dominating display in the Durand Cup,the league was really competitive until March where both NEROCA and Salgaocar dropped points towards the end of season.The Federation Cup was disappointing but at least it has given me the perspective that next season could be even more competitive as we lost in the Federation Cup which is our first loss in a domestic competition.On the continental front,we are going great and we stand chance to further progress in both competitions as we had a favourable draw in the ACL and we stand a decent chance in the ACC as we are one of the stronger teams left in the competition.

For next season,I am expecting an even more competitive season than this season and things are slowly getting difficult as the teams are improving in all aspects.I have seen two players I want to sign and they both play for NEROCA,one is a striker and one is a DLC,we stand a good chance of getting both players as neither player have recently signed a new contract and both have some interest in joining.To further our chances of getting them,we have received quite a lot of money from playing the ACL so both players are affordable and would cost us about £100k in total.This would allow us to offload Momoh and get another foreigner in to help strenghten the team.Time to carry on moving towards the Champions League title.

Career Stats

Link (For entire career)

41ecb401d1ac29182557a7c9dabf828e.png

13 hours ago, Sonic Youth said:

Last season’s Asian run has given you a good financial foothold. If that helps you speed up the process of winning the Champs League, I say use it and buy what you need :onmehead:

I've bought in the two players I wanted,I estimated about £100k for them both and I got them for a total of  £86k,this was step one to improving the team as the striker Thomas Rime is Indian which is a plus and he will be replacing Momoh as Rime is around the same level of ability but has a much higher potential than Momoh.Momoh will be going at some point this season which will free up a foreign spot that is going to a Syrian DC who I have played against in the ACL and will be joining us in December on a free transfer.

Edited by B.W.G

41df89db427c8fe0f7330f3249c58add.png

Dempo SC - Hero I-League - Pre-Season - 2043/44

Transfers Released - Youth

Three players were released by the club,all three didn't really have a future at the club as they would have been emergency backups at best.Three players have gone out on loan for developmental reasons while Mascarenhas joined NEROCA on a free,he will more than likely be replacing Thomas Rime who we signed off them.We also added a defender in from NEROCA as we are lacking in that area,Faird is also versatile as he can play both DL and DC naturally so that is a massive plus in my book.We will be adding another defender to the team but they will be joining in December.

Pre-Season Fixtures

To quote last season:

Same old story of no one wanting to play us this early into the season,I miss having friendlies in the Summer!

The Team

ad8e1b857c15ae770f88552b203a6ce4.png

5d0d4fcba44c6982e0a2a5285f66dace.png

Samir Lawrence

Joe Pal

Allan Coutinho

Jamie Richardson

Bruno Jadhav

Manager's Thoughts

I am feeling pretty good about the upcoming season as we have two new players bought in from NEROCA who help strengthen the team as a whole and we have a defender coming in December who will be one of the stand out stars in the entire team,this unfortunately means Ahmed Momoh will be the sacrificial lamb as I am looking to take the club that one step further as I want to push for the Champions League title.I do have a bit of a conundrum when it comes to the goalkeeper role as both my Singh and D'Souza are rated at 2.5* as the latter has improved from this time last season so we may see a change in that position.The one thing which has come as a surprise is that Mansaray is no longer considered in the top five for the best players,the injury has probably hampered his development so it isn't too surprising.

As for this season,I want the Confederation Cup for definite as that is some continental success for us.I also want us to carry on winning domestically but I am expecting it to be even more difficult than last season as the other sides are improving which showed when we lost in the Federation Cup last season.As for the Champions League,I am confident that we can win our quarter final tie against Al-Gharafa,the semi-final would give us the biggest road block possible barring a miracle as the winner of our tie will either face Melbourne Victory or Shandong Luneng!I would of fancied my chances against any of the other four teams in the competition than potentially facing my old club.Time to carry on moving forward to the ultimate goal.

August 2043

Fixtures

cbd7eb25dbad1b3df0f0d6bda373e1ab.png

Durand Cup Stages

4c16b0927e178a3e8ef21bf551aa3b29.png

8bf1804a727ff9a4b188945ce482d576.png

Manager's Thoughts

Don't let the number of goals we scored fool you as this was a hard fought cup win,even recently relegated Chennai City gave us a bot of a fright and we beat them 11-0 the last time we met.Surprisingly the easiest match of the tournament was against Salgaocar as we easily could of scored seven or eight if we finished our chances.The Punjab game could of finished at any score as they only converted one of their twelve chances as we ran out 5-1 winners.The final was one of the more one sided games but they were still annoying to deal with for periods of the game.In the Champions League we edged Al-Gharafa 1-0 in the first leg it was a very close game but we just about edged the match to my great relief and we didn't concede an away goal which is a bonus going into the second leg.

Just the three games in September,one in the Champions League and two in the Confederation Cup.In the Champions League it is the second leg of the quarter finals in which we lead Al-Gharafa 1-0,it's a very slender lead but we didn't give up the away goal so that is a slight advantage going into the match but it means nothing if we don't play to our best as they are a tough team to come up against.In the Confederation Cup we are facing Vietnamese side Hai Phong,we should be able to beat them with little problem so I am expecting to win both game to progress as we are one of the strongest teams in the competition.

I'm facing who!?

beed1554538ef4bb889990dcdbe47629.png

Well we got through against Al-Gharafa,the semi-final draw had already been made in which we would face the winners of Melbourne Victory or Shandong Luneng.Shandong won the first leg 1-0,Melbourne in one of the most clinical halves of football won 3-0 in the second leg with all goals coming after the 60 minute mark.

The final is set.....DempoSC/Melbourne Victory vs Yokohame F.Marinos/Suwon Bluewings! No Chinese team or Jeonbuk in my way this time!

September 2043

Fixtures

d00e4ffb9e69e7d27b7f09742862135f.png

Manager's Thoughts

The Champions League performances stole the show in September as we finished the month with one foot in the final.We drew the second leg with Al-Gharafa 1-1 which meant we went through 2-1 on aggregate,it was a pretty dull affair as there was a total of fourteen shots between both sides.The semi-final first leg saw us go 4-2-3-1 due to a problem up front and in the DM position,can't say I was expexting to run out 4-1 winners although two of the goals did come from the penalty spot but we are in a really good position to get through.As for the ACC,it was actually pretty embarrassing in both games,drawing at home in the first leg agaisnt a team we should be thrashing was a very poor result,my strikers then decided to have an off day in the second leg as it was our midfield that mainly spared our blushes as we went through 4-2 on aggregate.

Three games in October,one in the Champions League and two in the Confederation Cup.The Champions League will sees us play the return leg against Voctory,if we avoid a defeat by three goal (just 3-0) or more then we will be through and that is all I want from the game.In the ACC we will be playing both legs of the Interzone final against Altyn Asyr,the only think I know about them is that they are from Turkmenistan,we're at home first though so I will be going all out to get the best possible result against them.

October 2043

Fixtures

c3eb40d4e0bd54d18a0a310152df33cb.png

Manager's Thoughts

The Champions League saw us hang on as Melbourne Victory were the architects of their own downfall as they squandered far too many chances as they had twenty five shots and only managed to score once as we went through 5-2 on aggregate.In the Confederation Cup we had no problems what so ever as we beat Altyn Asyr 8-2 on aggregate,great performance in both games and a well deserved place in the ACC final.

We play three times in November,first up is the ACC final in which we will be facing Al-Zawra'a and this match up is actually a repeat of the 2041 ACC final which we won 5-2,I am hoping we can beat them again to claim some silverware for our continental quest.In the Champions League final we will be facing Japanese side Yokohama F.Marinos,they  are the first Japanese side to reach the final since 2027 so that is bit of a lean spell ended for Japan.This will be a weird one for us as Yokohama have one non-greyed out player in the team!

93bafe4b2e04b61838e73cdf0c510bc9.png

I am not sure what to make of this but fingers crossed we can come out on top!

November 2043

Asian Confederation Cup Final

8e82c624dbde709e62c02fcd60f597d3.png

We were completely in control of the ACC final as we ran out 5-1 winners,they barely threatened us with their only goal coming from the penalty spot and all I can say about the penalty is that it was a soft penalty as the player involved didn't even get booked.The forward partnership of Lawrence and Mansaray is what won us the tie as they netted four times.

Asian Confederation Cup number two!!!

Asian Champions League Final First Leg

f64821374ba408377e27905b42c503c9.png

A tight game which we deserved to win as we were the slightly better side,the game itself struggled to get going due to all the fouls committed so it was very stop-start.An excellent win in the first leg as it meant we would go into the second leg with a lead as well as two away goals.The only other comment on is the performance of the referee due to him showing bias towards the home side not that it helped them,not sure how I got five yellow cards form fourteen fouls when Yokohama received five yellow cards from twenty nine fouls!

Asian Champions League Final Second Leg

5e8d786fbdcd5b09a9943d0e681909d8.png

A bit of a weird game as we had most of the shots but Yokohama had more of the possession.Weirdly we somehow found ourselves 2-1 down at the break after conceding twice in the same minute.The second half saw us put a clinical show on as we scored three without reply and even missed a penalty as we ran out 4-2 winners on the night.The referee went the other way in the second leg as he favoured us more than Yokohama and we easily should of received more than one yellow card.

Dempo SC....Double Champions of Asia!!!

25 minutes ago, Hootieleece said:

I was thinking Cricket, Field Hockey, then Football....just edging out Polo!

Dancing a bit too cultural to be second :lock:

As I used to play hockey, I know how popular it is in India! The only sport where you can swing a club, I mean stick, and if the person comes in the wrong way it’s your foul!

12 hours ago, Rikulec said:

:applause:

Thanks!

11 hours ago, Sonic Youth said:

Top work on the Asian Champions League :applause:

Is that India completed now?

Thanks!

That's India completed now but I will still be here for a bit longer as there isn't any jobs going in Malaysia's top flight at the minute. 

1 hour ago, Hootieleece said:

India has been dragged "Kicking and Screaming" to prominence....but It will always be the "Third Major" sport in India.

:hammer:

Do a little dance....!

Third Major sport is better than not being acknowledged at all :D 

Think I can get behind some dancing to celebrate 

giphy.gif

The Winds of Change blowing again

055e2c89a22ac33a801b2a77b5c6003d.png

My original plan was staying in India till a job in Malaysia's top flight came up,it just so happened that two jobs came up on the same day so I am guessing it was the season reset date for Malaysia hence being two jobs being available.

With that said,the changes in the leagues is listed below

3cf077f195bed0ab1e17897b70b54f7d.png

With India leaving as it is now completed,we are down to the three worse nations in the entire game who also have the three worse youth ratings in the entire game so we're going to be at this stage for a while now.Coming in to replace India is Colombia who have held the third spot is South America for years.

97c91e0f176ce4f56b9b481be7b34e7a.png

Melaka - Astro Liga Super Malyasia - Club Takeover - 2044

9fcf5a6e7a3d7c818f529b141d03fa17.png

Club Background

f4cb3f8aa095bcdaaaf5e1379105aebb.png

The Team

e75ffcadc0daffb299d1217c00fd39a4.png

Manager's Thoughts

This one of the two jobs which became available on the same day so I am over the moon to get the better one as the job Kuala Lumpur would need an absolute miracle worker that even I think I wouldn't be able to do.I'd say the club I am at is middle of the pack when it comes to the set up as there are three stand out teams who we are no where need.The team seems pretty solid but I will need to add players in the ML role as we only have one player,I also want a second choice keeper as well but other than that,the squad isn't too bad considering they want us to avoid relegation.I will be going with the usual 4-4-2 or 4-1-4-1 which I have used in Indonesia and India.The foreign player limit is the same as India which was four foreign players (1 Asian foreign player + 3 other foreign players),Rory Brown doesn't actually take up a spot as he is English/Malaysian so I so have room for an Asian Foreign spot which will either go to ML or ST.

Thankfully I have a month to build the team as the season doesn't start till the end of January.

97c91e0f176ce4f56b9b481be7b34e7a.png

Melaka - Astro Liga Super Malaysia - Pre-Season -2044

I was only responsible for the last three transfers on the incoming side of things as everything else was done by the previous manager.Roslan has come in on a free and he will be our first choice ML while Syafiq Husseing is third choice for the same position as we were really lacking in that area.Chua Jiawen comes in as first choice striker who also fills the spot of Foreign Asian player at the club,we did have some money to spend but it really isn't worth it as there isn't much quality in Malaysia and you can get the same quality on a free transfer if you're lucky.

Pre-Season Fixtures

017868740cb3422cb952889d96c3f873.png

How I have missed this,friendlies that are actually played before the season starts.I wanted to face lower league sides to keep morale up as well as gain some match fitness as I feel those two things will play a massive part in our survival attempt this season.Based off what we did in the friendlies,I will be primarily playing 4-4-2 like I did in India and Indonesia.

The Team

5c76b8c8d87c8102c396af1724a20d7d.png

6b5cec1fd9b73cfd7c626aa53971de73.png

Arindam Roy

M. El Mourakchi

R. Mohd Yusof

Aminuddin Azizul

Chua Jiawen

Manager's Thoughts

Well that didn't go to plan like I wanted,the club has only just been promoted to the top flight and this left me in a position where pretty much no one was interested in joining us which is quite annoying.Due to this situation my aim is simply to avoid relegation and then build up from there,this could be the country where it may take me more than one team to complete the country as we are nowhere near the quality of three of the top four teams in Malaysia when it comes to setup.I think we will be able to survive but it could get a bit scrappy due to poor quality but all it takes is a couple of players to be inform and that could see us safe due to lack of quality among the bottom teams.

Off the field,I have built a back room team so that is a plus and will help us to start developing the players we have at the club currently.The facilities are at a step above being the worse while youth recruitment is at fairly basic which is just below the halfway mark.Junior Coaching is actually pretty good as it is at a adequate level which is a plus and means it's probably easier to rely on youth players if they are at a competent level when the come through.The biggest surprise at the club is actually the stadium itself as we are playing in a 40,000 seater stadium,I doubt we will be able to fill it but the potential is there that we could possibly make money in the future from gate receipts alone and I would welcome that with open arms as we are £117k in debt!

Time to begin our slow climb in Malaysia!

January 2044

Fixture

89a7a4155f4ac1a0cc227e33dfb08538.png

Table

d53a259be6b3ef4b31c6d8511d7fbd60.png

Manager's Thoughts

We won our first game of the season in a very narrow but extremely vital win for us.The reason it is a vital win for us is that Terengganu are one of the sides who will be fighting against relegation this season along side ourselves,Negeri Sembilan and Kuala Lumpir so picking up points like this is a necessity.The only downside to the game was the needless sending off in the 89th minute as we finished with ten men.

We have five game in February,four in the league and one in the Piala Malaysia.In the league we are facing one really good side,two teams predicted to be in mid-table and we are also face Negeri Sembilan.The Negeri game is one we have to target to win but I want to pick up as many points as possible as 26 points seems to be the magic number for survival so the more we pick up now then the better for us.In the Piala Malaysia we are facing Penang FA,they are in the league below us,they are the best team in the second tier so we have to be careful or otherwise we could find ourselves being the victim of a cup upset.

Edited by B.W.G

February 2044

Fixtures

6edd01f07e01c3bde1268fc5cc6358f0.png

League Table

7e04be9c30a209120e1d40cd18c62d98.png

Manager's Thoughts

I am over the moon with how we have started so far as we went through February unbeaten in all competitions.We picked up ten points from twelve in the league which is a fantastic return as that leaves us thirteen points and we are already half way to my target of twenty six points not sure how long we can keep this going so I will enjoy the good times while they last.We avoided an upset in the Piala Indonesia as we ran out 5-2 winners against Penang FA,it was actually a very nervy match until Jiawen netted his second goal but we've progressed which means we are one step closer to meeting the board's expectations of the quarter finals.

Just the two games in March,one in the league and one in the Piala Indonesia.In the league we are facing Johor Darul Ta''zim,this will be our toughest test to date as they are the favourites to win the league this season so I will be going in not expecting anything as I don't want any pressure on us in that game.In the Piala Malaysia we are facing Manjung City,going off their league history I am guessing they are a in a much lower division as they don't have any league history so we should be too strong for them but we still need to be careful if we are to progress.

March 2044

Fixtures

2bd8e33a85e33f055ce2527ac7810560.png

League Table

038128ebdb21e49399feadef91c4285e.png

Manager's Thoughts

The league game against Johor Darul Ta'zim was a baffling one as we somehow walked away with a point thanks to a injury time equalizer and this after being 3-1 down at the break,we shouldn't of got anything from this game so I will take a point as it was inexpected,if I was the opposition manager then the team would of been in for it after throwing a two goal lead with much better players.No problems in the Piala Malaysia as we easily disposed of Manjung City to progress.

April brings us six more games,four in the league and two in the Piala Malaysia.We do have a very difficult game in April as we will be facing Selangor but we do have two easier fixtures as we are facing both FELDA Utd and Kuala Lumpur so I am confident in picking up some points,I will be over the moon if we can pick eight points up in April.The Piala Malaysia sees us face Negeri Sembilan in the quarter finals,the quarter and semi-finals are now two legged affairs so we will have to fight for 180 minutes if we are to progress,I do think we can go further than the quarter finals so it's a case of seeing what happens but the board are happy with our performance.

April 2044

Fixtures

40e93af5744fd53dd04a8ff5cb6aff47.png

League Table

0a603750b2b13538160ac86d66aa370a.png

Manager's Thoughts

We've somehow kept our unbeaten run going as we picked up ten points from twelve which has left us sitting at the top of the table with a three point gap over Selangor which is down to our win over them at the end of the month.Surprisingly the team we dropped points to was FELDA in a bore draw which was a bit embarrassing for us as Felda finished with ten men and we couldn't take advantage of the opportunity.The Piala Malaysia saw us put in two solid performances as we ran out 5-1 aggregate winners over Negeri Sembilan to progress to the semi-final,our progress here has now exceeded the board's expectations which is great.

Six more league games in May,all we need is two points for survival which was my primary aim this season but I want to carry on picking points up as we are in the battle for the title at the minute.I am expecting to drop some points towards the end of the month as we will have to start rotating the team as we will be playing twice a week and we do have a couple of tricky games coming up as we will be facing Perak and Terengganu during May,if we are in the top three come the end of May then that will be fantastic but if we are still top come the end of May then I will be aiming to be in the title fight for the remainder of the season.

Youth Intake Preview

f117527257811e655a73077b7b0ee98c.png
This intake doesn't show a lot of pluses but the most vital part of it is the potential to be a real golden generation for the club.With how little depth we actually have in the team then I will be welcoming the whole lot so roll on August when the actual intake day is!