[FM21]I Heard You’re A Player.Nice To Meet You,I’m The Manager.

B.W.G

September 2027

Fixtures

c4cf5c7692bc1a5a3a5bc16c163262b0.png

League Table

6596021be3041a22c1f3cea528c51b70.png

Manager's Thoughts

What a month that was as we won all three games which included beating our local rivals Cape Town Spurs and you really can't get much better than that.The results during September meant we finished the month at the top of the table with a three point advantage over Mamelodi Sundowns,the Sundowns also featured in one of the most thrilling games I have seen as they beat golden Arrows 7-5!

October is a really quiet month as we play twice,once in the league and one in the Telkom Knockout.We kick the month off with the game in Telkom Knockout where we will face AmaZulu,they're not doing too badly in the league but we have been in fantastic form and I see no reason why we can't beat them and progress.In the league we will be facing Kaizer Chiefs,hopefully we can get a good results so we can keep Mamelodi Sundowns at a distance from us.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

October 2027

Fixtures

df95c85d3798b7bfaa8094d8c6153d8b.png

League Table

249c18ff72019fc8d0f007d3b9f7ac93.png

Manager's Thoughts

Definitely wasn't the best of months we have ever had as we lost to Kaizer Chiefs despite being the better team.Mamelodi Sundowns took advantage of our loss and now sit on the same amount of points as us,we're only top due to goal difference.The Telkom Knockout was almost a disaster as we just about beat AmaZulu on penalties to progress,we should of been out of sight by the time they equalized but we weren't and we won it on a lottery.Although I am now 3-0 on penalty shoot out wins in this career so that is a plus!

We play four times in November,three in the league and one in the Telkom Knockout.In the league we will be facing Golden Arrows,Black Leopards and Tuks FC,we should at least win two games here with Black Leopards being a tricky match as they are the only unbeaten team in the league,I also want much better performances after the disaster that was the Kaizer Chiefs game,In the Telkom Knockout we are facing Chippa Utd,I would like to win this match as that would put us in the semi-final which means we would have met board expectations.

8 hours ago, Sonic Youth said:

Enjoy your latest jaunt :onmehead:

You still make this look easy, and looking like your still playing FM20 :brock:

This has been anything but easy,the smaller Asian countries will probably make me cry :lol:

7 hours ago, abulezz said:

Off to Africa - the continent of my birth!

Think I will be here for at least 3 years!

November 2027

Fixtures

1bc464cafa67d594fda33d47a8801ee5.png

League Table

6c0d4ad2cce429538be1d9ea4e9279a7.png

Manager's Thoughts

I'm really happy to see us win all the games during November.The three wins in November as seen us keep within touching distance of Mamelodi Sundowns,we are only three points behind them but we do have a game in hand so things are tight at the top.I am over the moon with our performances in the the Telkom Knockout,first up we beat Chippa Utd in the quarter final and then we went and knocked out our rivals Cape Town Spurs in the semi-finals,it's always nice to knock out your local rivals late on in a competition!

December is quite a busy month as we play six times,five are in the league and the other match is in the Telkom Knockout.In the league we will be facing SuperSport United,AmaZuleS,Orlando Pirates,Black Leopards and Swallows,I would love us to continue our form but we are having a few injury problems at the moment,If we can go into the new year at the top of the table then that will be brilliant.In the Telkom Knockout final we play the only team to who have beat us this season and that is Kaizer Chiefs,the final would be the perfect place to get revenge on the league defeat but I know it will be a very tough game,I will be ignoring their league form as one cup games are completely different!

Edited by B.W.G

3 hours ago, karanhsingh said:

Look away for 2 days and you completed North America! Smashing it.

Look forward to the next chapter and certainly when you eventually get to India :brock:

My time in America was fun and I also learnt how to negotiate contracts right down to the last detail due to salary caps so that will come in handy in future!

I think Africa will be a pretty short chapter,China and South Korea could be pretty short as well although China's registration rules look like they will give me a headache,Australia could take a bit longer due to their Salary Cap of £34k p.w.As for Indonesia,India and the other Asian nations,those of the stuff of nightmares,I'm going to be in Asia for a very long time :lol: 

December 2027

Fixtures

495526bccc39cf9e65b3781ef443c46a.png

League Table

9f23a7b97842f9c610fcce7505c44fc1.png

Manager's Thoughts

It was a month of a twist and a turn as we dropped points in the league against SuperSport United,Mamelodi Sundowns seemed relentless as they kept winning until they lost their last game of the month against our local rivals Cape Town Spurs!This has meant we go into the new year at the top of the table with a one point lead.The big news during December would be our Telkom Knockout victory over Kaizer Chiefs,we got revenge for our league loss against them by lifting my first piece of silverware in Africa.The funny things about the game is that is said it was at a neutral ground,the neutral ground being Cape Town stadium which just happens to be my home ground!

We have January off so we will be returning to action in February where we will play four times,three in the league and one in the Nedbank Cup.In the league we will be facing TS Sporting,Mamelodi Sundowns and Chippa Utd,all eyes will be on the Mamelodi Sundowns match as whoever wins that will more than likely be the favourites to win the league.For the Nedbank Cup,I don't have a clue who we are facing as the draw hasn't been made yet but the board want us to reach the semi-final so we have to win.

February 2028

Fixtures

4b0f8285c766ba69675d8b2ea0f202ef.png

League Table

24e15a3b42708e7f19817b1d54691329.png

Manager's Thoughts

The league went well as we won all three games which left us with a ten point lead at the top over Mamelodi Sundowns although we have played a game more than them.The Nedbank Cup was a disaster,this is the national cup for South Africa and exiting in the first round is terrible,we had 31 shots and we couldn't even put the ball in the net.The only other negative news to come out of February was in the 4-2 win over Chippa Utd,Linda Pierterse received a torn hamstring in the game which has ruled him out between 2 and 3 months,this is a bit of a disaster as Pieterse has been one of our best players this season!

We have four games in March and all of them are in the league,during March we will be facing Cape Town Spurs Maritzburg Utd,Kaizer Chiefs and Stellenbosch.My only aim is to keep our league form going,if we are ten points clear then that will be amazing but as long as we are ahead at the top then I will be over the moon.

3 hours ago, Hootieleece said:

If you keep up the current points pace you should easily win the league. My rule of thumb is average 2.00 points per game and make the European places or Win the League in most leagues.

I fully agree with that although March started with me losing to Cape Town Spurs so it has come down a bit!

March 2028

Fixtures

f0a07fb1bdf256e84dcffcc8343c72d2.png

League Table

c11264f7575b10ae64245c98b66f27d7.png

Manager's Thoughts

This was a real mixed month as we won two and lost two,we sit seven points clear at the top but we have played a game more than Mamelodi Sundowns,if they win that then the gap is down to four and that will turn the pressure up on us.We may have had and still going through a torrid time with injuries but as you can see we have a major problem with our defence at the moment so I will need to look at that as the defence should not just go as bad as this in the space of a month!

April brings us four more league games and we will be facing Golden Arrows,SuperSport Utd,Tuks FC and Black Leopards.I am actually starting to get worried now,we have a seven point lead but the combination of having a injury crisis and a defence that is leaking massively is a major problem.This could mean that the seven point gap could diminish further so I need to change things around ASAP.The other thing April will bring us is the Youth Intake,I am quite excited as I was told it was an excellent group of players so I am very interested to see who is in the intake.

Youth Intake 2028

00740a0f0688126a074d7145d6db61fd.png

Shane Kammies

Jayvin joshua

Manager's Thoughts

Excellent group of players my ass!

Kammies and Joshua are the only players who are guaranteed to be kept on.I will probably sign on the next four players after the top two to help fill the team out but this is a poor intake from my perspective. 

Remember that 2 Star Players are considered average players on a team or in a league by the stars rating system. Anyone 3 stars or better is a STAR player. 

Because FM Managers want reinforcement of the fact they ate better managers than Guardiola, Klopp, and Mourinho in the Virtual World than they are in the Real World". We like to have 11 Messi's or Ronaldo's in the team to prove it!

3 hours ago, abulezz said:

LOL - all excited for a few months only to taste the bitterness of disappointment. 

It happens,maybe this the HoYD giving me false hope as a last laugh as he knows he is retiring at the end of the season :lol: 

1 hour ago, Hootieleece said:

Remember that 2 Star Players are considered average players on a team or in a league by the stars rating system. Anyone 3 stars or better is a STAR player. 

Because FM Managers want reinforcement of the fact they ate better managers than Guardiola, Klopp, and Mourinho in the Virtual World than they are in the Real World". We like to have 11 Messi's or Ronaldo's in the team to prove it!

It's not that,it's more that I was spoilt when I moved here due to the quality in my youth teams.

I have a 16 year old 5* PA,a 17 year old 4.5* PA and a 17 year old 4* PA in the u19's.The u21's have a 18 year old 5* PA,a 18 year old with 4.5* PA and a 19 year old with 4..5* PA!I also have an 18 year old 5* PA in the reserves who I use as a fringe player.

Also with me being in South Africa,a 5* PA here isn't a guaranteed Messi or a Ronaldo like player.Due to the youth rating of South Africa (below 100 on FM20),it is highly unlikely I would get a world beater like the two you mentioned.I have a AMR who has 4* CA and 5* PA who is really good for this level but can't even get into the media dream XI shows you how large the difference between two players CA and PA can be despite reports saying there the same.

April 2028

Fixtures

322ab3c41e4286de18383a0d8b6512de.png

League Table

782a3d8112dfff6262ee1d83b02c18c6.png

Manager's Thoughts

After the mixed bag of results and goals flying in everywhere,I decided to change the formation from a 4-2-3-1 to a 4-4-2 wide diamond formation.We still conceded goals in every game but I can say we were a lot more solid as we picked up four wins from four.We currently have a thirteen point lead at the top but we have played three more games than Mamelodi Sundowns so this isn't over by a long stretch.I know the teams we faced are not the best but it is an encouraging start for the tactic but we need to face some bigger teams to see how well it truly does.Also an explanation for having played more games the Mamelodi Sundowns,they are also in the Nedbank Cup and the latter stages of the Champions League so whereas we have one competition we are concentrating on,they are in the latter stages of two cups!

We're heading into May which is the final month of the season and we will be playing five times in the league.In the league we will be finishing off our campaign with games against Bloemfontein Celtic,Orlando Pirates,AmaZulu,Swallows and TS Sporting.The first three fixtures will be very useful to us to see if the 4-4-2 diamond is any good as the opposition are all top half teams.The title is now in our hands now as I doubt Mamelodi Sundowns can win every game,if we can win three of the remaining five then will give us the title.Time to see what we are made of!

Champions League qualification Secured!

b9341900b67666bd6e6faff2ea246fb5.png

DSTV Premiership is number one!?

47dbb32d82a475ea239ea5b85bde2f37.png

The season hasn't even finished yet and we received these two news articles.Of course Champions League qualification is great but I was surprised to see that the DSTV Premiership is the biggest league in Africa,I was actually expecting it to be The WE League in Egypt!The pressure is on us now to do well next season in the Champions League!

May 2028

Fixtures

b0a7ae9d4e589e1a39d3342a59577017.png

League Table

88321bfc0c6a76d1071c5c088c70664b.png

Manager's Thoughts

Three wins and two draws was enough for us to clinch the title with a nine point lead over Mamelodi Sundowns.I should be happy with the title win but again the defence has been an issue as we conceded eight goals in five games and we have had one clean sheet in sixteen games which is quite frankly atrocious (last clean sheet was 9/2/28 in the league!).Back to the drawing board I go with regards to tactics but I am happy with a double in my first season with Cape Town City.

End of Season update to follow then onto the 28.29 season!

483184346bdcbd8e2c36a754d64dd6cf.png

Cape Town City - DSTV Premiership - End of Season - 2027/28

General - Vision - Facilities - Finances - Financial Summary

Transfers - Released - Youth

Two players were sold for a combined fee of £275k,another player left due to being involved in a part exchange while another two went out on loan as I promised them I would do so although with the injuries we had in the second half of the season,I would of kept at the cub!We bought in six players for a combined fee of £600k,the only one of the five who isn't getting first team action is Severin Klee who is our second choice keeper.Our highest paid fee might seem a lot but he now has Porto sniffing around him so we should be able to easily get more than what we paid for him,

Schedule 1 - Schedule 2 - Schedule 3

Competitions

4cc6375442c8c8ed56fb55bad375e21b.png

DSTV Premiership - Winners

218230e319d0de389ebbbfca6326e96f.png

Excellent Season with us winning it by eleven points,an amazing first season but we had a ropey defence towards the end of the season as we kept one clean sheet in fifteen league games!Would love to see more of the same next season.

Nedbank Cup - 1st Round

a1e5bab17b1919e27547ad4380fc717f.png

That happened...let's move on!

Telkom knockout - Winners

b5f3e87ecefa8007d0c31ec2c655496d.png

Excellent tournament win which saw us beat Kaizer Chiefs in a nervy final.

Players and Awards

Accolades - Best XI

The Team

8231cce6b73057e0ff60eeeb82f2c8a0.png

Linda Pieterse

Gustave Onana

Tebogo Meyer

Waseem Fraser

Roger Zwane

Manager's Thoughts

What a season that was as we walked out with a double of the league and Telkom Knockout in our first full season in South Africa,althouth the less said about our Nedbank Cup performance the better as that was a disaster!I am really pleased with the attacking side of things but the defensive side was a big issue in the second half of the season as one clean sheet in sixteen games (in all competitions) is really terrible so I'm probably going to look at things to try and find the right balance between defence and attack as we need to be better at the back with what is to come for the club in the upcoming seasons.

For the transfer window,I will definitely need to bring in a DR and a AML to strengthen those positions as they are the weakest areas according to the squad depth chart.I also want to add depth to the DM roles and DL roles but these are more for backup as we got fantastic starting players in those positions.As for next season,we will be in five competitions which are the three we were in this season along with the Champions League and the MTN8 so we will need that extra depth so we don't have any worries when it comes to rotating the team.We've also had to upgrade our youth facilities which will be done next season because they were downgraded at the end of the season so've we have to pay out over £800k on youth facilities just to get them back to the level they were at!I still think South Africa will take 3-5 years to finish so the Champions League next season will be the testing phase to see how we do and how the team needs to be imrpoved.

Career Stats22beb4a89cfa5f2cb0bd6383cb28dbbf.png

17 hours ago, abulezz said:

Next season you got the African Champions League - its actually a really fun competition. 

It looks it from what I've seen,two knockout stages then a group stage and then more knockouts.The CONCACAF Champions League is boring in comparison :lol:

Cape Town City - DSTV Premiership - Pre-Season - 2028/29

General - Vision - Facilities - Finances

Season Preview - Expectations

As I've mentioned before,the cut off date for the transfer is weird.We actually only released one player on a free while two players left on a free.We also had five players go out on loan,four of these are for developmental reasons whle the fifth is loan with a chance to buy at the end of the spell.We bought three players in total for a combined fee of £595k,we bought in a midfielder,a right back and a versatile player who can play in DC,DM and MC.

Pre-Season Fixtures

87eea3b5a2c0b7ab2e5592227986a6f5.png

It turned out to be a shorter pre-season then I was originally going to have as I didn't know the Champions League started so early and we also have a game in the MTN8 so there hasn't been much time to prepare.We came back to pre-season on 15/7 and start the season on the 5/8,three weeks doesn't seem a lot especially as I wanted to try a new tactic out.

The Team

7c8e01ff25447a390782535a16279340.png

ae4825ce6e8960fd064009e9dc8c1fda.png

Linda Pieterse

William Gahadzikwa

Nana Asamoah

Gustave Onana

Armand Koudou

Manager's Thoughts

Well that was a quick pre-season as there wasn't much we needed to do as I'm very happy with the team we have at our disposal as we should be able to challenge at the top again this season.The pressure will be very high this season as the board have upped their expectations as we have to be in the top two in the league,get to the finals of the domestic cups and reach the semi-finals of the Champions League,with that said I do believe we have a team at our disposal to do so if we can avoid any injuries which leaves players out for months.

The finances are in a stable position as we currently have £1.9 million in the bank but we are also in two extra competitions which could help with the finances through getting to the latter stages of the competitions which will also could see a rise in money received from the gates on match day.Winning the Champions League is a potential £1.9 million added to the clubs coffers,that money could then be used to upgrade facilities if the board allowed but staying in the Champions League is a must year in and year out as that is how I think Mamelodi Sundowns ended up being so strong.The youth facility upgrade will be done in November,this is being upgraded due to it receiving a downgrade last season.Africa I hope your ready for the madness that is about to come your way!

2 hours ago, abulezz said:

Can't wait to see how you do in the African Champions League. 

Only played one leg of the preliminary round.We played Liberian side Gardnersville and beat them 10-0!

August 2028

Fixtures

0e4e653f918b2e4afca86aae65fffd78.png

Manager's Thoughts

It was bit of a weird month as we only played cup games despite the fact the league has started and some of the teams have played twice!We've made a brilliant start in the Champions League as we beat Garnersville 17-0 on aggregate.We also played in the MTM8 during August and we have progressed to the final,the 4-4 draw against Cape Town was a weird one as three of my defenders scored above 7 in the ratings,even the keeper got a 6.8!We did get past them but it was a tight second leg but we went through with a 5-4 aggregate victory over our local rivals.

We play seven times in September,four in the league,two in the Champions League and one in the MTN8.In the league we will be facing SuperSport Utd,Richards Bay,Mamelodi Sundowns and Cape Town Spurs,I want to get off to good as start as possible and would like to finish the month around the top spots.In the Champions League we will be facing Ghanaian side Hearts of Oak,thye are usually a Confederation Cup side so I think we should be able to beat them and progress to the group stages.The big match of the month comes in the MTN8 final as we will be facing Mamelodi Sundowns in the final,I would love to win it to get some early silverware!

September 2028

Fixtures

b2458369c7ce83ae535d06293f33297e.png

League Table

f82bd07b123f685e8384c0333d73422b.png

Manager's Thoughts

The big news of the month was the penalty shoot out win against Mamelodi Sundowns in the MTN8 final,this was massive for us as the winners got £1 million in this competition which is brilliant for the long term,the penalty shoot out win also means I am now 4-0 in penalty shoot outs in this save!We made a good start in the league as we picked up nine points from twelve,we kind of blew it against Mamelodi Sundowns as our attackers let us down as they were more clinical.No problems in the Champions League as we beat Hearts of Oak 14-0 on aggregate to progess!

Four games in October,three of them will be in the league and the other in the Telkom Knockout.During October we will be facing Tuks,Free State Stars and Kaizer Chiefs,I would like to win at least three but pick up ten points at least from the month as that will keep us in the title fight.In the Telkom Knockout we will be facing Free State Stars,we should be to strong for them as I will be playing a strong team to ensure we get through,we still need to be careful as upsets can happen.

Edited by B.W.G

October 2028

Fixtures

066515fc45fb2827de9ae061554b1d6a.png

League Table

17530938ed6cbd3a82ff24a7b35bdf4b.png

Manager's Thoughts

Three wins from three have seen us move up to third,we are only second due to goals scored as Mamelodi Sundowns lost to Orlando Pirates during the month.We weren't troubled by any of the teams we faced but none of the teams we faced are exactly doing well.In the Telkom Knockout,we started our defence with a 6-2 thumping of Free State Stars,no real problems but I was annoyed with the lapse in concentration at the end.

November is a busy month with seven games to play,five in the league,one in the Champions League and one in the Telkom Knockout.In the league we will be facing Maritzburg United,Stellenbosch,Chippa United,TS Sporting and Orlando Pirates,it is important that we do well to keep the pressure up at the top and we do have a huge game against Orlando Pirates which is one I would prefer to get a result in.In the Champions League we start our group stage with a trip to Cameroon to face Coton Sports,we should be too strong but we still need to be careful as they do have some decent players.In the Telkom Knockout we face Bloemfontein Celtic,this will be a tricky match but they are just having a dip in form so hopefully we can take advantage of that.

November 2028

Fixtures

c734f857f174c40cfe32984019427799.png

League Table

2d8b91e667b0a0b1a47121503baf706b.png

Manager's Thoughts

It was a great month in the league as we won every game which saw us move to the top of the table with a three point gap over Mamelodi Sundowns,other than the Maritzburg match,we were solid in all the games so I feel that these were the correct results.The Champions League saw us open up our group stage campaign with a win against Coton Sport,it was a tough game but we were able to come out with the victory.As for the Telkom Knockout,our defence of the trophy came to an end against Kaizer Chiefs in a tight affair,quite annoying as the board wanted us to reach the final but it is what it is.

Six games in December,four are in the league and two in the Champions League.in the league we will be facing Bloemfontein Celtic,Stellenbosch,Golden Arrows and AmaZulu,I want us to keep our form going as we are facing two of the lower teams so I know we can win these games but AmaZulu will be a very tough match as they are massively overperforming (predicted to finish 10th!),they maybe tough but it isn't our toughest match of the month.The toughest match of the month is the game we open up December with as we play Egyptian side Zamalek,it doesn't get much tougher than this and we will need to be at our absolute best to get anything out of the game,the other team we face in the Champions League is C.D Primeiro de Agosto,they are an Angolan side who are the weakest in the group so we should be beating them with little problem.

December 2028

Fixtures

2a0eeb6d77f34a2f2e31824de9b51c94.png

League Table

ff4b44e0f456ac090539e281b763ec5c.png

Manager's Thoughts

Bit of a mixed month in the league as we picked up ten points from fifteen as we somehow stayed top of the table with a three point lead,I have no complaints with the points dropped against Bloemfontein Celtic as a draw was a fair result but the loss to Golden Arrows was just flat out embarrassing,if it wasn't for stupid mistakes in defence and poor finishing then we would have got somethings as we hand more shots on target than they had actual shots!In the Champions League.I can only describe our performances as we won both games which leaves us at the top of our group after three games.

We have January off which I am thankful for due to six players being called up for international duty.We will be back in February where we will play six times,four in the league and two in the Champions League.In the league we will be facing Richards Bay,Kaizer Chiefs,SuperSport United and Tuks FC,we need to better both Mamelodi Sundowns and AmaZulu's results if we are to stay at the top as it is very close at the moment,at worse we need to still be in the top two as that will keep the board off my back.In the Champions League we will be facing Zamalek and Coton Sport,if we can pick up four points from these games then that should see us through to the quarter finals.

P.S.G being P.S.G

e5eace3581e235fde7f2e08c89d2cfb7.png

Despite all of the money spent,this is the second biggest transfer (biggest still Neymar to PSG according to the game!) but it did beat out the £189 million Man City spent on Mbappe.Needless to say by 2029,everything seems to be back to normal with regards to some teams!

12 minutes ago, B.W.G said:

P.S.G being P.S.G

e5eace3581e235fde7f2e08c89d2cfb7.png

Despite all of the money spent,this is the second biggest transfer (biggest still Neymar to PSG according to the game!) but it did beat out the £189 million Man City spent on Mbappe.Needless to say by 2029,everything seems to be back to normal with regards to some teams!

That beats anything I've seen in my saves so far!

February 2029

Fixtures

8489197c0df4216691617c0d6f86b2c9.png

League Table

fd547697724d4b2888cf73e44f6cba80.png

Manager's Thoughts

Two wins from two in the league have kept us at the top but we do now have a game in hand as well which is an added bonus as it gives us the opportunity to open a gap up at the top.Champions League was a fantastic experience all around as we won both games which means we are through to the quarter finals,although I am surprised with the fact that Coton Sport put up more of a fight than Zamalek and even had the opportunity late to get a point as they missed from the penalty spot in the 89th minute!We also played in the Nedbank Cup and I am pleased to announce that we have gotten further than last season!

March is a busy month as we play seven times,five in the league,one in the Champions League and one in the Nedbank Cup.In the league we will be facing Mamelodi Sundowns,Cape Town Spurs,SuperSport United,Maritzburg and Kaizer Chiefs,this is a very tough month of league football as we play three of the top six so if we can get good results against them then that will boost our chances of retaining the title,although Mamelodi Sundowns are one of two teams to beat us this season so we will need to be at our absolute best agaisnt them,In the Champions League we face off against C.D Primeiro de Agosto,the Angolan side are actually second in the group but as we have qualified I can play sabotage by fielding a weak team (if I wanted to) to make sure Zamalek and Coton Sport don't get through!In the Nedbank Cup we face Ubuntu Cape Town,we need to beat them to keep the board happy as they want us to make the final of this competition.

Also one more thing to note,we are going into March and I have not had a Youth Intake Preview despite the intake supposedly being in April!

March 2029

Fixtures

32e6b083a98ff9a814914f0e6079f1a5.png

League Table

d755b04169d4807f0d2fdd5ca7081b2b.png

Manager's Thoughts

We didn't do too badly in the league as we won three out of the four games we played,of course we managed to lose to Mamelodi Sundowns who I might as well just call my South African kryptonite.,we still finished the month at the top with a five point gap and a game in hand.I can now say that I am feeling pretty confident in retaining the league.In the Champions League we finished the group stage off with a 5-0 win,we even played the first leg of the quarter finals in which we beat Wydad Casablanca 2-0 away from home and I can say that is a massive result.In the Nedbank Cup we beat ubuntu Cape Town 3-1 to move onto the quarter finals.

April brings us five games at the moment but that could change due to the Champions League.In the league we will be facing Kaizer Chiefs,Free State Stars and Stellenbosch,my only aim is to keep our form going in our quest for the title.In the Champons League we will be facing Wydad Casablance in the second leg,we currently have a 2-0 lead so there is no room for complacency as we should easily get to the semi-finals,if we get through then we have to face ES Setif of Mamelodi Sundowns.In the Nebank Cup quarter final we are facing Mbombela Utd,they are the weakest team left in the competition so we should be beating them but I will still be fielding a strong team.

Still nothing to report on the youth intake preview,April is where we should be getting the intake but I have no idea if we will get one.

Youth Intake 2029

ecea17d5c8aeec28e8af5620cd2af5e3.png

Vusi Buthelezi

Siyabonga Mahlangu

Manager's Thoughts

Nice to see us get an intake as after not having a preview I wasn't expecting anything.I think this is the most attack heavy intake I have ever had,we had fifteen players come through and out of the fifteen,two were defenders and one was a keeper.I do really like the top two come who have come through,I also like the next four but I will need to retrain Nathan Gordon as I use a AML so it shouldn't be too difficult to re-train him as he is a competent AML.Hopefully next season we can have the opposite intake with mainly defenders coming through as the youth teams are really heavy in midfield and up front!

Edited by B.W.G

April 2029

Fixtures

d293375ee129f91b4af0fc2ab2cfde8f.png

League Table

c28ccc85ef53f99c1f7d765088b96f17.png

Manager's Thoughts

We our two league games in April as we finished the month at the top in which we only have a five point lead over third so we could be in for absolute carnage in May,no complaints from either performance as we dominated both games.The Champons League is up next,we beat Wydad Casablanca 3-1 in the second leg to give us a 5-1 on aggregate as we moved onto the semi-final,the semis saw us finally get one over Mamelodi Sundowns as we beat them 2-0 in teh frst leg before a back to the walls jobs in the second leg saw us scrape through 2-0 on aggregate (record against Sundowns this season is 1-1-3!).We crashed out in the Nedbank Cup semi-final to Cape Town Spurs,annoying we lsot to the them but it was a tight game so it will be interesting to see if they can retain the trophy.

May brings us absolute carnage as we play eight times in twenty one days!We play seven times in the league and one in the Champions League.In the league we will be facing Stellenbosch,Chippa Utd,Bloemfontein Celtc,Orlando Pirates,TS Sporting,AmaZulu and Golden Arrows.The league is going to be a run through hell with the stand out game being against AmaZulu and with five points separating ourselves and them in third,I am really feeling the pressure as failing to get top two could result in me getting sacked.In the Champions League we will be facing Tunisian side ES Tunis in the final,they beat Zamalek to get to the final so they can't be underestimated and they are Tunisia's biggest clubs so we will need to be at our absolute best if we are to beat them!

Title out of my hands

1d5f40fe41a5c3b4a728150c974d16bd.png

368120530e3824d7b690d4471267fe6e.png

We had a really bad run at the league stage winning one of our last five league games.This means we have now played all our league games and Mamelodi Sundowns have one game left to play,they are facing the team I last beat and they only need a point.Really would like a miracle about now.

May 2029

Fixtures

af4d28e145f5b9cc17a79d13e7c95682.png

League Table

a872849b3c6a22772edc97689b47d313.png

Manager's Thoughts

Well on the plus side we won the Champions League therefore Africa is now finished so we will be moving onto Asia,two late goals against ES Tunis saw us finally overcome the Tunisian side to clinch the Champions League.The league ended up being a disaster as all the games so close together finally caught up with us,suspensions,injuries and tired players caught up with us as I endured my worst run in this save win one win from five gamsThere was no miracle for me as Mamelodi Sundowns beat TS Sporting 3-1 in their final game to clinch the title.

End of Season update to follow then onto Chapter 3 of my journey...The Eight-Asian Alliance!

Cape Town City - DSTV Premiership - End of Season - 2028/29

General - Vision - Facilities - Finances - Financial Summary

Four players went out on loan,three for developmental reasons while Joabinho went out on loan with a view to sell in the future,we had to sell Fothoane as Porto met his buyout clause,it was a massive loss but we were able to replace him.Two players came in for £300k,Lwazi Jacobs was the signing to replace Fothoane.We did sign two other players but they appear on last seasons incoming players despite the fact signed them in July 2028.

Fixtures 1 - Fixtures 2 - Fixtures 3 - Fixtures 4

Competitions

DSTV Premiership - 2nd Place

a872849b3c6a22772edc97689b47d313.png

We were doing so well right up until the end of the season when we had a massive fixture pile up,one win in the final five games saw us slip up massively and give Mamelodi Sundowns the title.

Champions League - Winners

ba12d9d54af25504e4e6660859c6b7d6.png

What a performance in the Champions League as we won it in our first attempt at the competition.We beat Gardnersvlle and Hearts of Oak in the preliminary round and first round.We then topped our group with a 100% record to move onto the quarter finals.We then beat Wydad Casablanca (5-1 on aggregate) and Mamelodi Sundowns (2-0 on aggregate) to reach the final.The final itself was a tightly contested affair but two late goals saw us clinch the title against ES Tunis.

Nedbank Cup - Semi-finals

aad0a0ca1bdd7868ca7d403ce39ef460.png

A much better performance than last season as we made it to the semi-final where we crashed out to Cape Town Spurs.

Telkom Knockout - Semi-finals

a5953a0d6070578fa20578cf56f57793.png

We were the defending Champions going into this seasons Telkom Knockout,we made it to the semi-finals where we lost to Kazier Chiefs.At least I can say we lost to the eventual winners.

MTN8 - Winners

a3b88801f3debceaebd8f67e2a672577.png

First time in the competition and we won it.It was a tough run as we just about got past Cape Town Spurs in the semi-finals before it took a penalty shoot out to beat Mamelodi Sundowns in the final.

Players,Stats and Awards

Overall Best XI

Accolades 1 - Accolades 2 - Best XI

The Team

24972e4b50c2a0f809429fc6b9276b95.png

Mzikayise Phiri

Gustave Onana

Kim Young-Ki

Siphiwe Mtshali

Tebogo Meyer

Manager's Thoughts

This is the first time in a season where I have felt absolute joy and absolute agony in a space of a month.The absolute joy of winning the Champions League followed up by the agony of losing the league like we did as the fixture pile up caught up with us at the worse possible time,if we had just won one of the games we lost then we would have won the title and we did lose some stupid games like losing to Golden Arrows twice!I don't normally single out players but I have to single out Tebogo Meyer for praise as he scored 33 goals in 44 appearances as a shadow striker which was amazing for us,he was more consistent than Atchom who scored 32 in 52 but there partnership was amazing for us as we walked out with a double this season.

With Africa now being done,we will now be entering our third continent which will be Asia and this is where the difficulty of my challenge amps up.As three of the playable nations (Singapore,Hong Kong and Malaysia) are the equivalent of trying to win the European Champions League with a Welsh Premier League team!

Career Stats

92ad9438848c4971240597c7b0060aab.png

The Asian situation 

d6c5dde60bb0aba952e6797c79d71496.png

I've filtered the league to show which are the only playable ones in the game.South Korea should be pretty easy to win the Asian Champions League as they are the second biggest in Asia (Saudi Arabia are 1st).China will be actually more difficult than I first thought due to the wage restrictions but it is doable.Australia is the middle ground between the MLS and Canadian Premier League as it has a salary cap which is a lot more than Canada but less than the MLS.Depending on which club in Australia I manage,that will depend on how long the stay may be as Melbourne City and Western Sydney Wanderers have by far the best set ups and could make things easier due to them always producing good regens.

Things get more difficult with India and Indonesia but it is still doable as there are no salary caps looking at the leagues but with the possibility of having to go through the Asian Confederation Cup,that could make things long winded as that part of qualifying for the Asian Champions League is a headache by itself.

We then have the three smallest nations in Asia which are Singapore,Hong Kong and Malaysia.This is where the difficulty of the challenge I have set myself comes to show as each of these nations will pretty much building the nation up firsts before I can even think to challenge for the Champions League title!

22 hours ago, Hootieleece said:

I say use a Australian team because of your avatar or Chinese because there aren't many Chinese League Career Updates!

I will be managing in South Korea as a job has come up but you can quote me on this next part.....I will manage in both China and Australia at some point of this save!

3aceeb303b4b547c784c6b8f1984ff50.png

FC Seoul - K League Classic - Club Takeover 2029

87c4314f94eb38f0f71d40d02f00d049.png

Club Background

5b5a54f9790afa43d79d88e993e3cde0.png

Takeover Position

21d42b22d1caf5026a1b4873d072199a.png

Manager's Thoughts

Well I've come into a job which is in the second half of the season and we are battling against relegation despite being the fifth biggest team in South Korea.We actually have a decent team so I am confused at how the club are doing so poorly,The goalkeeper position is the poorest position in the team but it is also the most difficult to fill as non of the teams are allowed to sign non-South Korean keepers!There is a transfer window coming up in July so I will look to sign some players as we do have a transfer budget of £5.1 million so we do have quite a bit of money we can spend.

I am pretty confident that I can get off to a good start and we will be facing FC Anyang,Daegu and Busan IPark to start my stint in South Korea off,I would like to pick up seven points in those three games,We don't have many strikers so I will have to use a one up top formation so it will either be 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3 that we will be playing.Probably go with a Shadow Striker AMC and a advanced forward ST as we had success in that at Cape Town City.

Time to get this show on the road!

Youth Intake Preview

95e429beb85a1da6052814d43e6a75f0.png

That is a massive intake preview!It's a great to see that it could be an excellent group of players coming through but the line which has got me hoping is "There is a glut of strikers coming through",we are lacking in that particular area so that has got me excited as it could be a very cheap way to fill the lack of depth!

June 2029

Fixtures

f264298b3d71adc2dc226d692372620f.png

League Table

8f21867665f00ab4c2a86fdd808ee69a.png

Manager's Thoughts

It was a great start for me as manager of FC Seoul as we won both games which has left us sitting in eighth place but we do have a game in hand on some of the teams around us so that could push us further up the table if we do win it,if we however lose it then we could be in serious trouble as the game in hand is against Busan IPark.Only other thing to note is that I have been building the backroom up,the coaching team is complete and we are only a physio away from having the medical team complete as well,this leaves the recruitment team which will be three scouts as I don't generally use a Director of Football and I have never had a technical director so I wouldn't actually have a clue what a TD does in FM!

We play six times in July,five in the league and one in the FA Cup.In the league we will be facing Busan IPark,Jeju Utd,Incheon Utd,Bucheon FC and Sangju Sangmu.This is a perfect opportunity to pull away from the bottom as we play all four teams who are lower than us which means this is a massive month for us.We will be playing Jeju Utd in the FA Cup, I would like a good cup run as that will could take attention away from the clubs unspectacular league performance this season.I will also be finishing the Recruitment team off along with Medical team so everything will be great in regards to staffing.

July 2029

Fixtures

8d12f54f4d1278f09934d6bda980767e.png

League Table

e89c42f359d634a41a8a413e74e3dc6b.png

Manager's Thoughts

A couple of bits of transfer news as we sold a player for £450k (possibly rising to £1.2 million) and bought in two players for £145K.In the league we were really impressive as we won every game during July as we moved up to third place and we are far away from the relegation fight which is great news.As for the FA Cup,we lost in the first round which shows I may be amazing in the league but I am dreadful in the main national cups (six out if six for faiing!),we really should of beat them but it turned out to be one of those games.

We play four times in August as we face Suwon Bluewinfsa,Jeonbuk Hyundai,Ulsan Hyundai and Pohang Steelers.This is the toughest possible month we could get but I will get to see what the team is made of and where I could possibly improve in the futures,if I can carry picking up points to keep up the challenge for a Champions League spot then that will be brilliant.