Scottish league

I’m incredibly disappointed with the representation of the scottish league in the beta of fm21. Players in the scottish league transfer prices are ridiculously low in comparison to other leagues. E.g. Alfredo morelos who got 25+ goals last season for rangers transfer price is £13.25m whereas Sebastien baller who scored 7 goals in all competitions transfer price is £26m for a West Ham team that finished 16th in the league. Aswell as this players in Scotland’s CA & PA are incredibly low and don’t represent the players actual abilities which makes it clear that scouting or watching of scottish teams is very low. Feel that all of these need addressed in time for full game release because it’s a joke that championship players have better ratings and prices than rangers who this season are unbeaten in 20 games, in the Europa league and when you look at last seasons record aswell. 

Edited by Reiss Munro

As a rangers fan and season ticket holder who attends all games it pisses me off to see our players get such bad stats and abilities when they perform to such an amazing level in the league and on a European stage where we have considerably less money than other competitors.

5 minutes ago, Reiss Munro said:

Hopefully something, it’s a joke year after year scottish league gets no better. Out of the rangers team only 4 starting 11 players have a PA of 4. Which is a joke and shows they don’t watch the league. 

Not sure if you follow what's happening, but the head of research for Scotland IS Scottish. And he does watch a fair amount of Scottish football. Even Ter, who works for SI, is a Rangers fan. If you have something to report, please do so here but read the OP first : 

19 minutes ago, Reiss Munro said:

Hopefully something, it’s a joke year after year scottish league gets no better. Out of the rangers team only 4 starting 11 players have a PA of 4. Which is a joke and shows they don’t watch the league. 

That's a good description of the Scottish league no?

I would say Rangers and Celtic as a whole are upper Championship standard with 2-3 players each who are lower Prem standard.

You're also using the 20 games this season as justification, however everything is set before the league starts as far as I'm aware so is irrelevant.

In my opinion the game is just reflecting what it is in reality.

Comparing it to the values of players in the EPL especially is not a good idea.

When you think of some of the players in recent years that have left the Scottish league for peanuts in the grand scheme of things when it was obvious their value would be much higher had they played in a different league such as the EPL.

Take players like McGinn and Robertson etc Both left clubs under £5 million. Even at the higher end looking at Tierney, if he was in EPL moving across clubs his transfer fee would have been a lot more. Take Chilwell, same position, similar age and £20,000,000 more.

Then you look at some of the signings EPL teams have made for players that are pretty unproven or at least not playing on a consistent basis going for high values. Take Solanke, Ibe and more recently Brewster.  £23.5 mill for a player that had played 1 season in championship. 

Its just what it is really, they are different markets. 

I think 14 million or so for Morelos right now would be about right. Apart from KT he's probably the most marketable asset in Scottish football in recent time and given that Tierney only went 25 million pre-Covid times it makes sense.

9 hours ago, Reiss Munro said:

I’m incredibly disappointed with the representation of the scottish league in the beta of fm21. Players in the scottish league transfer prices are ridiculously low in comparison to other leagues. E.g. Alfredo morelos who got 25+ goals last season for rangers transfer price is £13.25m whereas Sebastien baller who scored 7 goals in all competitions transfer price is £26m for a West Ham team that finished 16th in the league. Aswell as this players in Scotland’s CA & PA are incredibly low and don’t represent the players actual abilities which makes it clear that scouting or watching of scottish teams is very low. Feel that all of these need addressed in time for full game release because it’s a joke that championship players have better ratings and prices than rangers who this season are unbeaten in 20 games, in the Europa league and when you look at last seasons record aswell. 

Erm, surely you know things like wages are taken into account with a players overall value. Hallers wages dwarf hat of Morelos. Also If Morelos left Rangers it wouldn’t be for more than 25 million because scoring in Scotland doesn’t really count to be honest.  

Also you are hilariously over rating Scottish football and Rangers performances. Rangers were average last season domestically. In Europe they beat giants such as .... Braga. Getting to the last 16 of the Europa league is hardly cause for a mass uplift in players attributes. Didn’t Celtic lose comprehensively to Slavia Prague and Copenhagen? Should those teams now get massive upgrades and higher valued players? 

Disagree with the OP, as a fellow Scottish fan, I felt the past years FM has over-rated Scottish football to be honest. Sure it's getting better (slowly) with 2 teams now being in the CL qualifiers from next year and Scotland now getting in the euros but the truth of the matter is, when it comes to transfers - players sell less in Scotland. Always have done,

In previous editions, I was seeing crazy figures of up to £50 million for players like James Forrest (no joke, screenshot is available) which is ridiculous and naturally he went to the PL played about 15 games in 3 years and then moved again.

First impressions for me are the transfers a little more realistic but I have noticed when the players in-form, it's still very easy to inflate the prices, the most obvious example I've saw is Ajer (who's stats are again a little OP in the game from someone who watches him every week), first season, getting offers of £8 million, by January their offering close to £25 million.

Rangers from an AI perspective certainly seem better, more consistent with results and putting up more of a challenge while repeating their RL success in Europe by getting to the last 16 of the EL.

But aye, from my first season - I think it's more realistic than it has been for many of years.