Why does SI Games Ignore the EHM Franchise?

Hello and serious question, 

FM is their flagship game, clearly, but EHM is very much loved and from the best estimates on sites that are available it sold relatively well this time round, so why no more love or attention for EHM? Surely with the revenue that FM alone brings in some more could be done to push their other title?

We were vaguely... I don't want to say 'promised' because it will be denied but, advised that if the game was well-received there was a small chance of a regular release - but then total silence after it came out? 

We are all extremely grateful for Riz and his hard work on EHM and the coming 1.5 update but it'd be nice for SI to explain the reason for the lack of attention to the game series at some point. 

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, dArK_mAgE said:

probably they couldn't get enough people to play the game to justify developing another version.

I'd say this for 100 percent.

If the sales figures were strong enough, they would be probably be releasing new versions.

The fact that they allow Riz to continue working on it tells me that they must think something of the game, otherwise they'd just prevent Riz from updating it and let it die. 

23 hours ago, Colorado said:

I'd say this for 100 percent.

If the sales figures were strong enough, they would be probably be releasing new versions.

The fact that they allow Riz to continue working on it tells me that they must think something of the game, otherwise they'd just prevent Riz from updating it and let it die. 

On 28/11/2020 at 04:54, dArK_mAgE said:

probably they couldn't get enough people to play the game to justify developing another version.

Well Mr SI Miles Himself said in an interview it's not solely the performance during early access sales that will determine if we see more EHM - whatever that means?

Going off guestimates that I can find based on the number of steam reviews the game looks to have sold up ~ 60k plus copies, if that is correct that is a decent number for a niche game! 

The new update will bring some interest so that's going to be good. 

• 4 months later...