How do I mark a player who is lurking outside the box?

I use the option lurk outside the box for my set pieces, but i dont know how do I defend from it.

When the opponent's are taking their set pieces they often have a man lurking outside the box, but my players never mark that player. I dont see any option in individual players instructions for it.

So how do I do it?

Man mark?

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.

If you set the man mark it will be there for the entire game, so not a good solution.

There is a lack of this option to set your players to try and cover the out of the box opposition during corners.

Man mark?

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.

In individual players instructions there are options for defending free kicks and corners. There are some options: mark man, mark tall player, mark small player, close down... There is no option to mark the man who is lurking outside the box.

I hope that you dont mean that i just man mark the whole opposition team . The player who is lurking outside the box can be anyone of 11 players of the opponent, so i should man mark the whole team.

Anyone have an answer to this?

My DC who's set to "mark tall player" seems to like marking the person lurking outside the box...

I have both my cb's set to mark tall player, but tall players are always infront of the goal trying to score. I Usualy the player lurking outside is small, and no good in the box, like Snejider. He scored a goal against me like that just a game or two ago.

I have both my cb's set to mark tall player' date=' but tall players are always infront of the goal trying to score. I Usualy the player lurking outside is small, and no good in the box, like Snejider. He scored a goal against me like that just a game or two ago.[/quote']

Oh yes, the player outside the box is small, but that doesn't seem to stop my DC marking him when told to mark tall players...

I'm not saying that this is the way to do it, just that my DC is an idiot :p

Oh yes, the player outside the box is small, but that doesn't seem to stop my DC marking him when told to mark tall players...

I'm not saying that this is the way to do it, just that my DC is an idiot :p

You are making no sence. The player outside the box can be any player on the pitch. The opposition team can set their gk to lurk outside the box. It is irrelevant is the player big or small, what is relelevant is that one player is lurking outside the box, and i have no option to mark this man.

Does anyone know how to mark this player?

Archived