[FM21] Stuniverse's FM21 Adventure

Stuniverse

On 25/12/2020 at 04:20, Bitner said:

Not a bad job, considering you team is amateur, and i already stressed how tricky they are.

Cheers,
Bitner

Thanks, @Bitner.

How do manager contracts work at Amateur Clubs? On my Club Vision it says my contract expires at the end of the current season (in four games time) but when I view my Contract Information there's no expiry date.

use.png.e3c77bc2ba61a928d7408edb3eaa47d5.png

use.png.68b787cdd3706ff5d2a9b6855a15da54.png

• Replies 535
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Monday 31st August 2020

UNDRID'S 2. DEILD RUN-IN

Torshavn Sports: Undrid Fotboltsfelag have four league matches remaining this season as they chase down an unlikely promotion to 1. deild . With no playoffs, the top two teams in 2. deild will be promoted automatically. Undrid are currently 4th, five points adrift of the second promotion spot after their promotion hopes took a massive hit with a 1-0 defeat to 2nd placed Nes Soknar Itrottarfelag III.

use.png.2d76e26fc3a40818757a16775e607434.png

use.png.7f52367be80064df2608e0faca59f415.png

Edited by Stuniverse

Sunday 6th September 2020

STAN THE AGENT CALLS

*** Incoming video call ***

zzzz_StanleyBaryla1.png.8e9c1667ed2b1433dd0d1305a7fe61a8.png

Stanley Baryla: Hello, Stuniverse. How are you?

zzzz_Adventure_Stuniverse5.png.3bfb6e39a6c9ac889460d021f511e77b.png

Stuniverse: Very good, thanks, Stan. How are you?

Stanley Baryla: Yeah, I'm good. I thought Annika might pick up again.

Stuniverse: No, she's gone out somewhere with her mum.

Stanley Baryla: I was sorry to see the Nes Soknar Itrottarfelag III result. That's going to make promotion a challenge now?

use.png.585080f9a8e641412b0c1058e7920dfa.png

Stuniverse: Yes. Promotion was always going to be a long-shot but, mathematically, we're still in with a shout so we have to keep going, doing our best and hope as it's out of our hands now. The 3-1 win over top club FC Suduroy gave us all belief but the next two games were disappointing 1-0 defeats to  Tofta Itrottarfelag Boltfelagid 1968 II and Nes Soknar Itrottarfelag III. I don't know if it's an attitude or mental thing with the players but they perform brilliantly as underdogs but when the result of a game actually means something, they struggle. We've had two great chances to go second with a win this season and both times we've blown it.

Stanley Baryla: Given the pre-season media expectations of 8th, Undrid will have had a great season with you as manger. Wherever you finish.

Stuniverse: Thanks. But I really thought I could get Undrid promoted this season. Before those two defeats we were so close to having our fate in our own hands. We can still go up, but we're back to being the underdogs again now with the odds against us.

Stanley Baryla: I love that ambition, drive and desire to win things in you, Stuniverse. Have you thought any more about what we spoke about last time?

Stuniverse: Yes. And I think we should go for it. I'm loving it here at Undrid but it's an amateur club, I'm not being paid, and I need to start earning a living. I don't want to be managing in the Faroe Islands for the duration of my career.

Stanley Baryla: How does Annika feel about that?

Stuniverse: Annika understands. And it's not like I need her permission, it's not like we're married or anything. Annika's a home bird, she loves it here on the Faroe Islands but she understands I need to stretch my wings.

Stanley Baryla: And you're ok with that. If it's likely to create an issue for where you're willing to manage, I need to know about it.

Stuniverse: No. I'm fine. Annika knows I'm not going to be spending the rest of my life on the Faroe Islands. Annika and I will need to have a talk at some point, but right now I'm the manager of Undrid Fotboltsfelag and there's no other options on the table. I'm ready to take the next step in my career if there's anybody out there that wants me to manage their football club.

use.thumb.png.439908d0845ce7d2ed6acfee69739bf5.png

Stanley Baryla: OK. Good to know. Well there are a lot of manager vacancies in Scandinavia right now. Your name is being talked about, but you're not the favourite for any of the jobs so I can't guarantee anything but we can at least test the water and find out if owners and chairmen think you're ready or if you may need to do another season at Undrid first.

Stuniverse: OK. What do we do?

use.png.4d89f5d5f095b9e63de532e872274c03.png

Stanley Baryla: You're no longer under any obligation to Undrid Fotboltsfelag as you've fulfilled all your promises to Chairman Arnar Lognberg and the Board so I suggest I start applying for available jobs on your behalf and see if any owners or chairmen are interested in short-listing and interviewing you for their managerial vacancies.

Stuniverse: OK. Sounds good. I'd like to finish the season with Undrid if possible.

Stanley Baryla: That should be fine. There's only four matches remaining but they are drawn out a bit with a game every two weeks. That time frame should work for us but you need to understand three things right now.

Stuniverse: Sure. What are they?

Stanley Baryla: First, I'll do everything I can for you but, with no playing experience, and only one season managing in Faroe Islands tier three, your reputation may not be enough to land a paying job in football management yet. I can't guarantee anything, you're a relative unknown rookie.

Stuniverse: Understood. I was getting nowhere on my own in any case so I welcome your involvement.

Stanley Baryla: Although we can ask to start a new job at the end of the 2. deild season, and can also ask for delays to make a decision, as a relatively unknown rookie that won't carry much weight with owners and chairmen.

Stuniverse: Understood.

Stanley Baryla: So, I need to be crystal clear here, Stuniverse. Given a choice between seeing the season out with Undrid Fotboltsfelag or starting a new salaried job as a football manager somewhere else, which is it?

Stuniverse: The paid job.

use.thumb.png.f26a1952a927b1c7ab3d274faa82b4cd.png

Stanley Baryla: And is there anywhere you're not prepared to manage?

Stuniverse: No. Ideally, I'd like to stay in Scandinavia. I'm picking up Faroese well so I'm confident of learning other Scandinavian languages.

Stanley Baryla: With Annika's help?

Stuniverse: Ideally, yes. But I'm sure I can learn other languages with or without Annika. We're good friends, I think, perhaps, that's all we ever were...

Stanley Baryla: OK. Finally, and most importantly, word will get out and Undrid Fotboltsfelag might not take kindly to you applying for other jobs. Arnar Lognberg may sack you. Is that a risk you're willing to take? We could wait until the end of the season, but there may not be as many, or even any managerial vacancies then.

Stuniverse: No. Go for it. I'm ready for the next step in my career. I've enjoyed my time here at Undrid Fotboltsfelag but they aren't paying me anything (other than board and lodging and, even that, Mr and Mrs Vestergaard have me working behind the bar and waiting tables to earn my keep) so I don't feel I owe Arnar Lognberg or Undrid Fotboltsfelag anything. And, I've twice requested they fund a coaching badge for me and Arnar refused point blank both times. No, go for it, Stan. Do what you have to do.

Stanley Baryla: Leave it with me. I'll be in touch when I have some news.

*** Video call terminated ***

Edited by Stuniverse

5 hours ago, Lodi Lemmer said:

I thoroughly enjoyed the conversation with your agent. I'm eagerly awaiting to hear of offers as if it were I applying! Best wishes, Stuniverse!

Thank you, @Lodi Lemmer for taking the time to say. My agent, Stanley Baryla, was an addition part-way through my FM20 Adventure as I looked to find a fun way to convey to the readers the many elements going through my head regarding staying or moving to other clubs. Stan the Man landed very well on my FM20 Adventure and I decided to keep him for this FM21 Adventure. I’m glad you’re enjoying the conversations with Stan.

Edited by Stuniverse

4 hours ago, Mrlee.1986 said:

I could be wrong but I’m fairly sure as an amateur team, the manager is basically under a non contract agreement which is ‘reviewed’ at the end of every season in a meeting and you’re either ‘re-signed’ or ‘let go’

Thanks, @Mrlee.1986. We may find out soon on this save... if Undrid don’t fire me before the end of the season that is. Of course, I may get another job before then, but I’m not sure as I may be getting ahead of myself and my reputation may not warrant another job yet... It wouldn’t be the first time, in these circumstances, that I’ve been too clever and ended up unemployed.

Edited by Stuniverse

Tuesday 8th September 2020

TEXT MESSAGE FROM AGENT

I've contacted all the clubs in the Faroes, Finland, Norway and Sweden with managerial vacancies. Wheels are in motion but no guarantees. Good luck. You may get some reaction from Undrid. Best, Stan

use.thumb.png.e74cecffc06e2834333eeea8f0c5ffdd.png

use.png.ae94f1e08813d70fa81e1e889e9a0c32.png

use.png.88c99761a18464815bca6efbe068fc68.png

use.png.1782b5ce79230d8b4eba94d8086ae59d.png

use.png.879eb2c4c6e5a99aa3780b0f5074ca37.png

use.png.be673f941f2f12b3d09516b3acb9b23c.png

use.png.eeb12f94322067d1fc7b4ee50e846f53.png

use.png.87d5fd044905eb3ff26e82c3bfdb699d.png

use.png.c37137260f3b54cc702d1375ae4b0378.png

use.png.064e495e6548f1b17132bddc838ba361.png

use.png.a4aa6b4b3e6799663ecd8e1341f128db.png

use.png.d2f9b60f4a25d695f1352371b80f6f17.png

[Jack Wilson has joined the Zoom call] 

Allen: Now that the new guy is here lets talk about some places we should focus our content one, I'm thinking some of the lesser known places in Europe. 

Olivia: Well Scandinavia seems to be on the up and up, lots of young players moving to big name countries. It seems like a great place to check out. What about you new guy, what do you think?

Jack: Well first off I just want to say thank you from letting me be apart of the Beautiful Game YouTube channel, I'm really excited to turn this passion of mine into a job. I agree that Scandinavia is a great place to focus but instead of a team focus like how Netflix and Amazon do their series I think we should follow a new or a manager with a small amount of experience and see where he goes.

Allen: I think that's a great idea Jack but I think we can do both, Jack I want you to go ahead with your idea and Olivia I want you to go more big picture and make content about teams from Sweden, Denmark, Finland, and the Faroe Islands. Does that work for the both of you?

Oliva & Jack: Works for us

Allen: Jack do you have a manager in mind?

Jack: Actually I do, there's this manager from England with no coaching or playing experience who has taken over an amateur team in the Faroe Islands. I googled his name and found his agent's contact information and I'm hoping he'll ask his client Mr. Stuniverse to let me tag around.

Allen: Well seems like you've got this planned out pretty well lets get to work.

[Zoom call has ended]

Saturday 12th September 2020

POSITIVE REJECTION FROM KARSLUNDS IF

Text: Swedish Division 1 (Third Tier) side Karslunds have said no but don't be disheartened they said they thought you were capable of doing the job, but there were stronger candidates. This is always the tough sell at the start of a career. Something will turn up. I'll keep trying. Stan

use.png.59af786a9aef1ac5923cd085412aeb46.png

Edited by Stuniverse

Saturday 12th September 2020

CHATTING WITH ANNIKA

zzzz_AnnikaVestergaard4.png.dc45f04f396ad3072d0114affcc4c7ff.png

Annika Vestergaard: Is that another text from your agent?

zzzz_Adventure_Stuniverse_icon.png.3c8f271c3c1fff6c2d5dd6dd7493b965.png

Stuniverse: Yes.

Annika Vestergaard: And?

Stuniverse: Another rejection. Not even shortlisted. They did say, and I take this as a back-handed compliment, "You would have been an acceptable fit for our scaled down vision, but there were stronger candidates." Stan's telling me not to get too disheartened.

Annika Vestergaard: I hope he's not building your hopes up unrealistically, Stuniverse. I'd hate for you to get hurt.

Stuniverse: I don't think so but, even if he is, I have to try and make the step up to being a paid football manager at some point. As Stan says, now is a good time to test the water.

Annika Vestergaard: I understand that, I just worry that it's too soon and you're going to end up disappointed.

Stuniverse: I'm made of strong stuff, but I guess we have to wait and see.

Annika Vestergaard: I hope it works out for you, I really do. I'll miss you, but I know this is what you want to do and, from what I've observed at Undrid Fotboltsfelag, you're very good at it too.

Stuniverse: Thank you. You know if I do land a paying job, you can come with me. I'd love for you to come with me... and I'll need help with the language.

Annika Vestergaard: Is that all you want me for? My linguistic skills?

Stuniverse: No, of course not. You know that.

Annika Vestergaard: I know. I'm teasing you. Seriously though, I hope I'm wrong, but I don't think you'll be earning enough in a first paid manager's job to keep the both of us. Undrid Fotboltsfelag have looked into going semi-professional and they can't afford it, so I know how much you're likely to earn and it wouldn't be enough. Besides, I'm three years older than you.

Stuniverse: Three years is nothing and we'd make it work. You could get a job in no time, I'm sure.

Annika Vestergaard: I don't want another job. I'm happy working in mum and dad's hostelry. I'm pretty much managing the bar and the restaurant and I love it. One day the hostelry's going to be mine, when mum and dad retire, maybe even before then.

Stuniverse: You're a home bird.

Annika Vestergaard: Yes, I suppose I am. Is there anything wrong with that?

Stuniverse: No, nothing at all.

Annika Vestergaard: One thing I don't get though. Undrid Fotboltsfelag are my football club, I've supported them since they were formed. They are close to my heart, as they are for my mum and dad, the Board, the season ticket holders, all the supporters and the local community.

Stuniverse: Yes...

Annika Vestergaard: Well, if you've already decided you don't want to be Undrid Fotboltsfelag's manager any more, how can you give your all during the run-in as we chase down an unlikely promotion?

Stuniverse: Because I want it as much as anybody. I want to win every game. That isn't always possible, but I always try to win. My future doesn't matter during training and on game day, I'm currently the manager of Undrid Fotboltsfelag and I'll do everything I can to try and win every game. I'd love to manage Undrid Fotboltsfelag to promotion.

Annika Vestergaard: Fair enough. Fancy another beer?

Stuniverse: Yes, please.

Edited by Stuniverse

Sunday 13th September 2020

PREVIEW: Skala Itrottarfelag II v Undrid Fotboltsfelag

Skala_0-0_Undrid_pre01a.png.f52d7b2b2877572359fbdc51fd530554.png

Skala_0-0_Undrid_pre01b.png.9b3dd4336f0dc9c9dc111583c3d3eb78.png

Torshavn Sports: Last time out you narrowly lost 1-0 to Nes Soknar Itrottarfelag III and missed out on the opportunity to leap-frog them into 3rd place.

zzzz_Adventure_Stuniverse_icon.png.8d6efbc88cdb86fe72fd0dce3ac5c332.pngzzzz_AnnikaVestergaard1.png.7535d5244ed71a260c0f50b9a5d363d1.png

Stuniverse (translated by Annika Vestergaard): Yes. It was a pretty even game so it was very disappointing to be on the wrong end of the result. We had far more possession than Nes Soknar Itrottarfelag III, created about as many chances as them, but we didn't have our shooting boots on and failed to get enough attempts on target to seriously test their goalkeeper.

Torshavn Sports: Was Dalsgaard a big miss in that respect?

Stuniverse (translated by Annika Vestergaard): Yes, I think so. Bjarni Arnason Dalsgaard has been briliant for us since he signed mid-season, but he was still recovering from a twisted knee and, whilst he was passed fit to play, we didn't want to risk aggravating the injury and named him on the bench.

Torshavn Sports: Will Arnason start today?

Stuniverse (translated by Annika Vestergaard): I'm not going to give that away but Bjarni is fully fit and available for selection.

Skala_0-0_Undrid_pre02_lgTab.png.43cf785a9de87c5d194b91433dd2d972.png

Torshavn Sports: Today you're away at Skala Itrottarfelag II who are three points ahead of you with four matches left to play. Is it fair to say you must win today to keep your promotion hopes alive?

Stuniverse (translated by Annika Vestergaard): I think so, yes. Nes Soknar Itrottarfelag III in 2nd beat Vikingur Gota III 1-0 on Friday and are now eight points ahead of us. After today's game, there'll only be nine points left to play for, so anything less than a win against Nes Soknar Itrottarfelag III will make it very difficult for us to finish in the Top Two.

Please LIKE if you enjoyed this update and FOLLOW the thread so you don't miss future updates.

To: Jack Wison Beautiful Game

Date: Sunday 13 September 2020

Subject: Beautiful Game YouTube Channel

Hello Jack,

Thank you very much for your email. I am intrigued by your proposal for a reality TV style documentary following my client Stuniverse but I need to understand your proposal in more detail, particularly the demands on Stuniverse's time and the football club he manages.

Could you arrange a zoom call with me for us to discuss your proposal in more detail. Once I understand the proposal fully, I'll know whether it is something I can run by my client and Undrid Fotboltsfelag.

I look forward to hearing from you.

zzzz_StanleyBaryla2.png.61099253616887104fc8ddf3ea5d8fc6.png

Stanley Baryla

Football Agent

12 hours ago, JaytheGreat said:

[Jack Wilson has joined the Zoom call] 

Allen: Now that the new guy is here lets talk about some places we should focus our content one, I'm thinking some of the lesser known places in Europe. 

Olivia: Well Scandinavia seems to be on the up and up, lots of young players moving to big name countries. It seems like a great place to check out. What about you new guy, what do you think?

Jack: Well first off I just want to say thank you from letting me be apart of the Beautiful Game YouTube channel, I'm really excited to turn this passion of mine into a job. I agree that Scandinavia is a great place to focus but instead of a team focus like how Netflix and Amazon do their series I think we should follow a new or a manager with a small amount of experience and see where he goes.

Allen: I think that's a great idea Jack but I think we can do both, Jack I want you to go ahead with your idea and Olivia I want you to go more big picture and make content about teams from Sweden, Denmark, Finland, and the Faroe Islands. Does that work for the both of you?

Oliva & Jack: Works for us

Allen: Jack do you have a manager in mind?

Jack: Actually I do, there's this manager from England with no coaching or playing experience who has taken over an amateur team in the Faroe Islands. I googled his name and found his agent's contact information and I'm hoping he'll ask his client Mr. Stuniverse to let me tag around.

Allen: Well seems like you've got this planned out pretty well lets get to work.

[Zoom call has ended]

Tagged: @JaytheGreat

Sunday 13th September 2020

STUNIVERSE LOOKS TO BOOST MORALE

Torshavn Sports: Undrid Fotboltsfelag manager Stuniverse held a team meeting after the 1-0 defeat to Skala Itrottarfelag II in an attempt to lift the players morale after three straight 1-0 defeats.

use.png.1d43ff2ae39b3e400879bbc9a6d9a10a.png

use.png.57758b934891ecfd8c0fe5adf80bac27.png

use.png.b3d9c9d2609d79faa19a8fa2cfcce843.png

Edited by Stuniverse

Saturday 19th September

UNDRID TO REMAIN AMATEUR

zzzz_Adventure_Stuniverse_icon.png.a1e739c379b09dde17df96fe0966cc99.png

Stuniverse: I had a chat with the chairman today about the possibility of Undrid going semi-professional.

zzzz_AnnikaVestergaard4.png.530a5adcc6f3a06c238a8e0b053c2a5e.png

Annika Vestergaard: Really? I would've loved to have been a fly on the wall for that conversation. What did Mr Lognberg say?

Undrid_pro_status.png.6a2d2c91f4a5c9e1a0c9e433db570a70.png

Stuniverse: No. Arnar basically said no. He explained how Undrid Fotboltsfelag had been formed as an Amateur football club in 2005 and got promoted to 2. deild in 2010. Undrid have never played at a higher level than 2. deild and Arnar is keen to stabilise at their current level in the pyramid.Taking financial risks isn't part of the current club vision. I get that, it just doesn't help me. Arnar also said he was very pleased with my leadership of the team.

use.thumb.png.ffa93bb1f40c096b84d7bae6fb55c9cd.png

Annika Vestergaard: That's great that Arnar and the Board realise how well you're doing as manager. It's just a shame that they can't afford to pay you a salary and will lose you as a result.

Stuniverse: I know. I'm really enjoying managing Undrid but I need to be earning a salary.

Annika Vestergaard: I know, Stuniverse. I do get it and I support you in your ambition.

Edited by Stuniverse

Sunday 27th September 2020

PREVIEW: Undrid Fotboltsfelag v Fotboltsdeild EB/Streymur II

Undrid_0-0_EB_pre01a.png.8b6c2b6d39e43563fce292a55d107893.png

Undrid_0-0_EB_pre01b.png.5065274a92805f175df7932d78a512c9.png

Torshavn Sports: Again you narrowly lost 1-0 to Skala Itrottarfelag II last time out, your third consecutive 1-0 defeat, how do you explain this current poor run of form?

zzzz_Adventure_Stuniverse_icon.png.4ce46cc9ac599c5f317399576f7a69c9.pngzzzz_AnnikaVestergaard1.png.b6eca36597250b65fa6486a3fbfc8c4f.png

Stuniverse (translated by Annika Vestergaard): It's frustrating, to be honest, because we're not doing a whole lot wrong. All three of those games have been fairly even, possession has been even, attempts on goal have been pretty similar, but we've struggled to get our attempts on target and that makes it difficult to score goals. Like I say, it's frustrating, because we weren't having this issue earlier in the season.

Undrid_0-0_EB_pre02.thumb.png.37bb0e4ecf9488030fcbc49a6cd3a7ed.png

Torshavn Sports: Results yesterday mean you need to win all three of your remaining matches and Nes Soknar Itrottarfelag III and Skala Itrottarfelag II need to lose both of their remaining matches for Undrid to secure promotion. Is it fair to say your chances of promotion are over?

Stuniverse (translated by Annika Vestergaard): Well, mathematically we can still go up as we already have a better goal difference than the two teams above us but, yes, realistically we need a miracle now to go up.

Torshavn Sports: Your remaining three matches are all against teams in the bottom half of the 2. deild league table. Can you end this poor run of form and end the season strongly?

Stuniverse (translated by Annika Vestergaard): We hope so. We had a very positive team meeting after the Skala Itrottarfelag II defeat and we've been working very hard on the training ground. In training we have no problem getting shots on target and we need to get back to doing that in competitive games.

Torshavn Sports: Your mum and dad have made their first ever trip to the Faroe Islands, I understand, to watch the match today.

Stuniverse (translated by Annika Vestergaard): Yes, they are here in J & K Vollur somewhere. And it was a complete surprise to me as I had no idea. Annika arranged for my parents to come over and they flew in last night, after watching Derby County draw 2-2 with Blackburn Rovers. Like I said, it was a total surprise to me and the first I knew about it was when they were sitting in the restaurant when I came down for breakfast. It was amazing to see them in real life and not on a video screen. Thank you, Annika.

Torshavn Sports: Let's hope they enjoy the match and their first ever visit to the Faroe Islands.

Stuniverse: Thank you.

Please LIKE if you enjoyed this update and FOLLOW the thread so you don't miss future updates.

Edited by Stuniverse

Let's hope you can win those matches and finish on a high.

And your reputatiion doesn't boost till the end of the season, so i'd wait a little bit more to apply.

Cheers,
Biter

Edited by Bitner
Typo

7 minutes ago, Bitner said:

Let's hope you can win those matches and finish on a high.

Thank you, @Bitner, I hope so too.

7 minutes ago, Bitner said:

And your reputatiion doesn't boost till the end of the season, so i'd wait a little bit more to apply.

Well I’ve already applied via Stanley Baryla (agent) but if unsuccessful as is looking likely at the moment, there’ll be more vacancies at some point after the season’s ended...

Edited by Stuniverse

Sunday 27th September 2020

Undrid Fotboltsfelag v Fotboltsdeild EB/Streymur II

01_Undrid_0-0_EB.png

02_Undrid_0-0_EB.png

03_Undrid_0-0_EB.png

04_Undrid_1-0_EB.png

05_Undrid_1-0_EB.png

06_Undrid_2-0_EB.png

07_Undrid_2-0_EB.png

08_Undrid_2-0_EB.png

09_Undrid_3-0_EB.png

10_Undrid_3-0_EB.png

11_Undrid_3-1_EB.png

12_Undrid_3-1_EB.png

13_Undrid_3-2_EB.png

14_Undrid_3-2_EB.png

15_Undrid_3-2_EB.png

16_Undrid_3-2_EB.png

Undrid Fotboltsfelag will have to play the last 25 minutes with 10 men as left-back Poul Thomas Dam needs to go off injured and Undrid have already made their allotted three substitutions.

17_Undrid_3-3_EB.png

18_Undrid_3-3_EB.png

19_Undrid_4-3_EB.png

20_Undrid_4-3_EB.png

21_Undrid_4-3_EB.png

22_Undrid_4-3_EB.png

Edited by Stuniverse

Monday 5th October 2020

AN INTERVIEW AT LAST

*** Incoming video call ***

zzzz_StanleyBaryla1.png.1cf02a10e7f4baa3cc75c104de3d5021.png

Stanley Baryla: Good evening, Stuniverse. How you doing?

zzzz_Adventure_Stuniverse_icon.png.4e9ffed7eb90b95200af1bd2f43564bf.png

Stuniverse: Hello, Stan. I'm fine, thanks. How are you?

Stanley Baryla: Good, thanks. Boy, what a match against Fotboltsdeild EB/Streymur II. How are your nerves?

Stuniverse: It was an incredible game. I'm thrilled we ended up winning it in the end after playing the last 25 minutes with 10-men, because of injury, seeing a 3-0 lead pegged back to 3-3, only for us to go on and grab a late winner for 4-3.

Stanley Baryla: Did your parents enjoy it?

Stuniverse: Yes, thanks. Mum loved it. I think Dad did too, although he told me where I'd gone wrong afterwards. Apparently it was a mistake making my substitutions so early and I should've shut-up-shop as soon as we went down to 10-men following the injury to Poul Thomas Dam.

use.png.cce178db077d6f9d4d8c20fc80d7a153.png

Stanley Baryla: Any way, I have some news for you... but don't get too excited. Vikingur III want to interview you for their managerial vacancy.

Stuniverse: Vikingur III? I know I still get confused sometimes by the reserve, second and third teams in the Faroe Islands pyramid, but aren't Vikingur III in the same division as us? And currently in the relegation zone?

use.png.6203ae068980153c44e5b52c6aa1096d.png

Stanley Baryla: Yes, that's them. They sacked their manager because of the looming relegation threat. It's also an amateur position.

Stuniverse: I don't see the point then, Stan. I don't want to disrespect Undrid by leaving for another amateur club. I'm happy at Undrid, I just need to be earning a living so it would be disrespectful to leave them for another amateur club.

Stanley Baryla: I thought you'd say that and, for the record, I agree.

Stuniverse: So, now what?

use.thumb.png.2d1d276d990afbf457991bbc99310e56.png

Stanley Baryla: We keep doing what we're doing. You keep managing Undrid as well as you are doing - congratulations on the record points haul, by the way - and I keep talking to clubs about their vacancies. You still have some applications in I'm waiting to hear from, and there's also a host of clubs you've applied to who are currently seeing how their caretaker manager gets on. Hopefully, something will turn up. If not, we keep applying as other manager jobs become available.

use.png.b10ced9e9435e4b6603566834631ff5e.png

Stuniverse: And at the end of the season? We only have two games remaining?

use.png.debd903c26d8e38bbd2ab34a9b3aa09d.png

Stanley Baryla: Different amateur clubs do things differently but, I expect, at the end of the season the Board will review things and either keep you on or let you go. Have they said anything about you applying for other jobs?

Stuniverse: No. Nothing. Not a dickie bird.

use.png.698067c82a33412b94a0a6b7fe763f97.png

Stanley Baryla: That's a good sign then. I know they are very pleased with you and my take on them not saying anything is that they're hoping you stay. So we wait and see what happens there but, if nothing's turned up, I recommend we delay as long as we can. At some point, they'll give you an ultimatum at which point we'll have to decide whether you stay for another season or walk out. But let's discuss that if we get to that point. OK?

Stuniverse: OK.

Stanley Baryla: So Vikingur III, then. What do I say to them?

Stuniverse: Tell them thanks, but no thanks, Stan.

Stanley Baryla: Will do. I'll be in touch when I have some more news. Keep up the good work at Undrid.

Stuniverse: Thanks Stan. Thank you for everything you're doing.

*** Video call ends ***

use.png.04b0eab4113d9706a9ca65c087baba73.png

zzzz_AnnikaVestergaard4.png.3a13f0fe3aae6184635ee31b6ca7da80.png

Annika Vestergaard: What did he have to say?

Stuniverse: I've been offered an interview with Vikingur III.

Annika Vestergaard: Is that the best he can do for you? Vikingur Gota III could well be playing in the division below Undrid next season. What did you say?

Stuniverse: I said no.

Annika Vestergaard: Good for you. Now get yourself scrubbed up, we need to be ready to go out in about half-an-hour.

Edited by Stuniverse

Saturday 10th October 2020

PREVIEW: Tvoroyrar Boltfelag II v Undrid Fotboltsfelag

Tvoroyrar_0-0_Undrid_pre01.png.c406483d7c03bc324d32d9133f684ac8.png

Tvoroyrar_0-0_Undrid_pre01b.png.0f21ed34c17c7aa12bd3f4a6df5e0d36.png

Torshavn Sports: That was some match last time out against Fotboltsdeild EB/Streymur II. A superb 4-3 win, but you had to overcome adversity in the second-half to get the three points. What did you make of it?

Stuniverse (translated by Annika Vestergaard): We were fantastic in the first-half and thoroughly deserved our 2-0 lead, which we stretched to 3-0 just before the hour mark. But we somehow, and Fotboltsdeild EB/Streymur II deserve credit for this, let them get back on level terms at 3-3, although we weren't helped by injuries to John Villi Leo an Poul Thomas Dam which left us with only 10-men as we'd already made our three substitutions by the time Poul was injured.

But, at 3-3, the players showed tremendous character and spirit. We got our noses in front again at 4-3 and then defended for our lives. Fortunately, we kept them at bay in the closing minutes and picked up the three points.

Torshavn Sports: Did your mum and dad enjoy the match?

Stuniverse (translated by Annika Vestergaard): Yes, they did, thank you. Very much. Although I think my dad enjoyed explaining where I'd gone wrong after the game even more.

Tvoroyrar_0-0_Undrid_pre04_inj.png.574912bdd686490126fdf0e225646826.png

Torshavn Sports: How is the injury situation?

Stuniverse (translated by Annika Vestergaard): John Villi Leo (hamstring) and Ivan Holfgaard (groin) are both fit and available for selection. Poul Thomas Dam (calf) is touch and go and Lennert Dalsgaard (hip) is definitely out.

Tvoroyrar_0-0_Undrid_pre03_lgTab.png.7a60795d514df9b4fed16c6d0e26a8be.png

Torshavn Sports: You need a win today against rock bottom Tvoroyrar Boltfelag II to keep your slim hopes of promotion alive.

Stuniverse (translated by Annika Vestergaard): I'd say the odds are worse than slim. We need to win both our remaining games and Nes Soknar Itrottarfelag III and Skala Itrottarfelag II both need to lose both of their remaining games, which I can't see happening to be honest. Irrespective of that, we want to finish the season strongly, winning both games if we can, starting today away at Tvoroyrar Boltfelag II.

Tvoroyrar_0-0_Undrid_pre02.png.679c4bb902e1aaede3c058f465a91f33.png

Edited by Stuniverse

Thursday 15th October 2020

UNDRID SIGN VITTENBACH

Torshavn Sports: Undrid Fotboltsfelag have signed 21 year-old midfielder Frederik Vittenbach on a free transfer.

use.png.4fb2cfb9fe5389b4019655607e026d6e.png

use.thumb.png.711370708b08b026a89fca0eacac4cf4.png

Thursday 22nd October 2020

COACHING COURSE UPDATE

zzzz_Adventure_Stuniverse_icon.png.349e40aea08dee9010c7d664089bc905.png

Stuniverse: I spoke to the chairman again today about a coaching course.

zzzz_AnnikaVestergaard4.png.9bfb3f65b8b64b6838616648a3b55b9e.png

Annika Vestergaard: And what did Arnar [Lognberg] say this time?

use.png.21fb31397eed350d182d753fd8898762.png

Stuniverse: No. Arnar said no.

Annika Vestergaard: I don't know why you keep asking. You know Undrid Fotboltsfelag don't have any money to throw around.

Stuniverse: I know. But I'm getting disheartened with all the shortlist rejections I'm getting and I just thought if Arnar and the Board would fund a coaching course for me it would make it easier to stay at Undrid for another season.

Annika Vestergaard: Something will turn up. You just have to be patient.

Stuniverse: I know. But patience isn't one of my strong points.

Annika Vestergaard: It's not like you have much choice. I just hope Stan knows what he's doing because I hate to see you wound up like this.

Edited by Stuniverse

Saturday 24th October 2020

PREVIEW: Undrid Fotboltsfelag v Boltfelagid Royn

Undrid_0-0_Royn_pre01.png.1511bac70dd222f3c69d901fa86c5c27.png

Torshavn Sports: A 2-2 draw last time out at Tvoroyrar Boltfelag II which ended your slim chances of promotion.

zzzz_Adventure_Stuniverse_icon.png.c46cb796eb960b7e247cf31b99b47ad6.pngzzzz_AnnikaVestergaard1.png.f0a3a575f5aeb3a1eb868e2a72a544d5.png

Stuniverse (translated by Annika Vestergaard): As it turned out, even if we'd won our promotion dream would've been over any way based on results elsewhere. Tvoroyrar Boltfelag II were, and still are, battling against relegation and I thought, on the day, they looked like they wanted it more than us. At least we showed a determination not to lose, which pleased me, as we twice came back from a goal down to equalise.

Undrid_0-0_Royn_pre02.png.26c6e7170aecdc83746652117e3915a0.png

Torshavn Sports: A decent home crowd is expected at J & K Vollur for your final match of the 2. deild season against Boltfelagid Royn, who are a place and seven points behind you. How do you see this one going?

Undrid_0-0_Royn_pre04_lgTab.png.1f861b0506653beacd5045480ff66c3d.png

Stuniverse (translated by Annika Vestergaard): We're hoping to finish the season in style with a win in front of our home supporters. We have a good record against Boltfelagid Royn this season having already beaten them 4-0 at J & K Vollur and 5-0 at their place more recently. But Boltfelagid Royn, who were in a relegation fight for most of the season, have climbed into the top half of the league table on the back of a tremendous run of form that has seen them win five of their last six games so I'm expecting a much tougher test than in our two previous games against Boltfelagid Royn. We're confident of ending the season on a high with a win though.

Undrid_0-0_Royn_pre03.png.c630dd23d5e36c1d84acd9a8f0092342.png

Torshavn Sports: Whatever the result today, Undrid are guaranteed to finish 4th. How do you reflect on your first season as a football manager?

Stuniverse (translated by Annika Vestergaard): The season isn't over yet - we still have one more game to play - so I haven't really thought about. Given everybody expected us to be in a relegation fight I imagine I'll look back on it with a lot pride, tinged with disappointment because we had an opportunity to turn a successful season into a promotion season but we weren't quite good enough, or consistent enough, to make that dream come true.

Torshavn Sports: Good luck today.

Stuniverse (translated by Annika Vestergaard): Thank you.

Edited by Stuniverse