(Suggestion) Hard difficulty Mode

kingking

Hi Devs

I suggest we add a Hard mode where A.I has an advantage over the human such as perfect morale and unaffected by unhappiness etc. (easy, medium & hard mode) 

Because the game is too complex for A.I to compete with humans over a long period of seasons, as we have better recruitment, player dynamic management and squad management skills over long career modes.

This all makes more fair for the A.I in order for them to be able to compete with humans.

Edited by kingking

• kingking changed the title to (Suggestion) Hard difficulty Mode

If they brought in a difficulty mode, I don't think I'd bother with FM anymore.

There are already difficulty levels within the game - how experienced you make your manager, doing challenges such as the youth challenge, and of course, which club you choose to manage. Plus several other things.

There are a few ways I believe "difficulty" can be manufactured in the game.

One method already exists. By setting your manager's player knowledge and youth knowledge attributes lower, the attribute masking/Fog of War is more in play. Requiring more scouting before you can see a player's ability and contract details.

The rest would be changes required on the development end.

First, is a mandatory Director of Football model delegation. When I am first hired by a club with a Director of Football in place, transfers, loans, contracts, hirings, scouting assignments should be delegated to the appropriate staff member. As I progress towards the club vision, either achieving/exceeding the stated goals, more responsibility is delegated to me. This would make some of the in-game functions (transfer targets, development list, unwanted list) more frequently used.

Second is that player attribute representation can be obfuscated. One method would be to replace numeric values with broader categorization. Attributes are rated on a scale of blank(Unscouted), Inadequate, Subpar, Average, Good, and Exceptional.

Another method would be that attribute values are dynamic, relative to the league/team they are in, statistical output, and staff's JA rating. In practice, this means we would see players in lower leagues with 14+ ratings for attributes, because they are at the top end of talent for the league they are in. As a player is transferred into a higher quality league, the attributes calibrate over time as my coaches get a longer look at the player in training and the performance analysts get a larger sample size of data in matches at a higher level. Attributes may become over-rated due to statistical output or lack of quality in a side or under-rated because of dips in form or tactical misuse.

Alternatively, SI could provide a "No-Attribute Skin." All individual attributes are removed from being visible in the game. The attribute panel is replaced by the 8-point attribute analysis radar (currently optional on the attribute panel selection). Stat radars, scout reports, coach reports, and player comparison becomes the primary tools to gauge player abilities.

Edited by Harper

17 hours ago, FrazT said:

This has been brought up before and SI have said that a difficulty mode is not in the short to medium term plans for the game.

Oh ok, hopefully they change there mind in the future 

and hopefully in FM22 a new headline feature is "REVAMPED A.I SYSTEM"

Edited by kingking

2 hours ago, Harper said:

There are a few ways I believe "difficulty" can be manufactured in the game.

One method already exists. By setting your manager's player knowledge and youth knowledge attributes lower, the attribute masking/Fog of War is more in play. Requiring more scouting before you can see a player's ability and contract details.

The rest would be changes required on the development end.

First, is a mandatory Director of Football model delegation. When I am first hired by a club with a Director of Football in place, transfers, loans, contracts, hirings, scouting assignments should be delegated to the appropriate staff member. As I progress towards the club vision, either achieving/exceeding the stated goals, more responsibility is delegated to me. This would make some of the in-game functions (transfer targets, development list, unwanted list) more frequently used.

Second is that player attribute representation can be obfuscated. One method would be to replace numeric values with broader categorization. Attributes are rated on a scale of blank(Unscouted), Inadequate, Subpar, Average, Good, and Exceptional.

Another method would be that attribute values are dynamic, relative to the league/team they are in, statistical output, and staff's JA rating. In practice, this means we would see players in lower leagues with 14+ ratings for attributes, because they are at the top end of talent for the league they are in. As a player is transferred into a higher quality league, the attributes calibrate over time as my coaches get a longer look at the player in training and the performance analysts get a larger sample size of data in matches at a higher level. Attributes may become over-rated due to statistical output or lack of quality in a side or under-rated because of dips in form or tactical misuse.

Alternatively, SI could provide a "No-Attribute Skin." All individual attributes are removed from being visible in the game. The attribute panel is replaced by the 8-point attribute analysis radar (currently optional on the attribute panel selection). Stat radars, scout reports, coach reports, and player comparison becomes the primary tools to gauge player abilities.

fascinating suggestions, I agree with the player attribute representation one, attribute numbers replaced with average, good and exceptional sounds cool

• 2 months later...