Is the amount of bugs normal for an FM release?

It varies year on year. The game is such a vast decision tree with an unsolvable number of variables, the beta is simply a fantastic way to test the game on mass scale and help roll out a polished product in time for release day 

There is little doubt that there have been fewer major issues this year compared with previous versions.  The feedback has been mostly positive which has also been different from before.  Of course there will still be bugs and lots of reports but not many of the OMG type!

Also, don't correlate the amount of posts in the bugs forum to the amount of bugs in the game. A sizeable percentage of those posts are repeating the same issue, or posting about something which isn't really an issue at all. 

The game seems to be remarkably stable so far, borne out by the fact the biggest issue people are having is they're finding it too easy. 

This version has easily been the most polished beta SI have ever produced with the FM series. There are some relatively minor things I have come across, but in general this game would be ready for release as is once these are fixed.

Remember as well the beta is a pre release version, so there still being bugs is normal. Indeed one of the points of an open beta is to find and fix more bugs as well as getting feedback. Players will log far more hours than testers alone. 

1 minute ago, Stephen2021 said:

I have found that I need to save my game after each match I play, as the game has crashed and have lost maybe 3 or 4 matches, so have to play them again. 

Please report issues in the bugs forum. That's obviously not normal, so SI can look into it for you.