Release The Editor Earlier Than The Game

Ellis_D

As the title suggests. It's the thing I'd like more than anything to be a "thing" in future FMs. Release the editor a week or two before the full game, maybe at the same time as the Beta, or a week after the Beta is released.

Just so people like myself can have all the editing done (or some of it anyway!) in time for the game's release, so we can start to play on the same day as everyone else.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
On 23/11/2020 at 16:15, Ellis_D said:

As the title suggests. It's the thing I'd like more than anything to be a "thing" in future FMs. Release the editor a week or two before the full game, maybe at the same time as the Beta, or a week after the Beta is released.

Just so people like myself can have all the editing done (or some of it anyway!) in time for the game's release, so we can start to play on the same day as everyone else.

exactly mate .. now have to wait weeks till can play !! so annoying 

On 23/11/2020 at 17:15, Ellis_D said:

They don’t finish editing data within the game till between the beta and full game, so why would they give an unfinished database to people

On 11/11/2021 at 10:28, tomi6 said:

They don’t finish editing data within the game till between the beta and full game, so why would they give an unfinished database to people

I'm pretty certain that's not true. I think I've seen it said several times before that there are no database changes between the release of the Beta and the release of the full game. They are working on things within the game in that time, bugs, etc, not the database.

So again, I see absolutely no reason why they cannot release the editor at the same time as the Beta.

5 hours ago, Ellis_D said:

I'm pretty certain that's not true. I think I've seen it said several times before that there are no database changes between the release of the Beta and the release of the full game. They are working on things within the game in that time, bugs, etc, not the database.

So again, I see absolutely no reason why they cannot release the editor at the same time as the Beta.

False... Manager sackings and hirings that happen between the beta release and official game change, even last year Musaiala got a PA update between the two releases so things do change. 👌

• 2 months later...

As an editor mod I would be very happy with an earlier release for the editor, but consider it unlikely at this moment.

When the beta is released, the aim is to finish up the game. Adding the editor and the complexity some files add to the game gives extra complexity to analyse and fix any issues that pop up.