Leeds United Challenge

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, we got relegated. I kept my job (for now) but half the sqaud demanded a transfer. They aren't leaving on the cheap though

I think we got promoted a season too early so next season is hopefully going to be a masterclass in The Championship and LUFC will be right back up. I have three wonderkids, they aren't going anywhere :D

great to see so many guys playing the LUFC challenge, still hope more will join.. i will give a short update on my game so far, and i'm on my way to uefa cup already!!! :)

Season:

1 - promoted from coca cola league 1

2 - promoted from championship

3 - just stayed up in premier ship by 3 points

4 - finished in 12th place in premier ship

5 - 18 games underway, in 6th place :thup: but now i have to play man city and arsenal away...

if you want more screens, just ask.. and i've bought a brilliant striker! wanted to buy him, kept bidding for 2 years, and finally i got him, 9 mil euros (my whole transfer budget lol) and after a couple of matches, he is already a wonderkid! i will post some screens of him...

great to see so many guys playing the LUFC challenge, still hope more will join.. i will give a short update on my game so far, and i'm on my way to uefa cup already!!! :)

Season:

1 - promoted from coca cola league 1

2 - promoted from championship

3 - just stayed up in premier ship by 3 points

4 - finished in 12th place in premier ship

5 - 18 games underway, in 6th place :thup: but now i have to play man city and arsenal away...

if you want more screens, just ask.. and i've bought a brilliant striker! wanted to buy him, kept bidding for 2 years, and finally i got him, 9 mil euros (my whole transfer budget lol) and after a couple of matches, he is already a wonderkid! i will post some screens of him...

Pierre Le Van

http://i33.tinypic.com/e0n8kh.jpg

http://i37.tinypic.com/20p566x.jpg

Just to say i have been struggling to get to grips with this new game having had it a couple of weeks but after looking through the forums and finding this thread i thought what a fantastic idea. I am only 4 games into the season but i have won all my league games and took Bolton to penalties in the League Cup.

I have avoided making any transfers so there will be plenty of money left in the kitty at the end of the season and i have been able to get some excellent players in on loan which are:

- Michael Chopra (Sunderland)

- Paul Stalteri (Tottenham)

- Glauber (Man City)

- Kelvin Etuhu (Man City)

- Francisco Merida (Arsenal)

- Fabio Zamblera (Newcastle Utd)

I Have also made just the one signing and that was Craig Bryson from Kilmarnock (AMC).

Although very early in the season it is looking very promising.......will keep you updated!

If you have lots of money in the bank and board is being skimpy with transfer money, then try asking for extra wages...you can transfer lions share of that back into transfers later on.

I also think previous success in the transfer market (so fans happy with signing, real gem of a player, etc) makes a difference when the board consider your requests. Might be wrong, but it feels that way for me. Try waiting until you reach august before asking...play lots of friendlies against top opposition - hopefully your good month of income (including season tkts) will push them into opening the purse strings a little....

If you have lots of money in the bank and board is being skimpy with transfer money, then try asking for extra wages...you can transfer lions share of that back into transfers later on.

I also think previous success in the transfer market (so fans happy with signing, real gem of a player, etc) makes a difference when the board consider your requests. Might be wrong, but it feels that way for me. Try waiting until you reach august before asking...play lots of friendlies against top opposition - hopefully your good month of income (including season tkts) will push them into opening the purse strings a little....

Yeah, I tried that approach. In getting to the premier league, I spent only 1 million more than was brought in on selling players. I tried raising the wage budget; no luck.

My previous activities in the transfer market were nothing short of spectacular, and the board/fans agreed (confidence reached 'superb' on every signing). The board left me mistified as to why they wouldn't give cash, but this season is different. 21 million up front, then they offered to raise it to 29 million. The august window is closed, and I have spent only 6 million, I am going to save the rest for after promotion.

haven't tried that yet, nice idea to ask for wages... don't know if this works.... but the other part isnt correct. i have the same thing, cant get extra money! miss out on TOP players for only 7 mil euros because they wont give me money while i have 40 mil on bank... and my previous signings are superb... and everyone is happy with them.. by the way, i managed to get into the uefa cup!!! :thup:

http://i35.tinypic.com/2z4z7z8.jpg

Stan - great effort finishing 7th mate. Top achievemnent in so little time. Also, you were right about my fortunes changing.

I'm just coming to the end of my 2nd season. Got 4 games left, and I sit in 7th in the Champonship. I'm 1 place and 1 point outside the playoffs. Its very tight. 3rd have 67 points, then 4th, 5th and 6th have 66 points, and I have 65 points. I cant finish 2nd. Portsmouth and Wolves have got 80+ points in 1st and 2nd. Its a nail biting finish.

We're now unbeaten in 9 games, winning 7. Running away with the league right now, and in the third round of the league cup. It looks like this could be a great season. My bargain-buy youth players are finally coming in to their own and generating great performances.

Possibly the most dramatic end to an FM season I have ever had.

It comes down to the final game to decide wether I get to play in the play-offs or not. My last game is an away game to Birstol City who currently occupy 5th. Cardiff are 6th and I sit in 7th.

This means I need to beat Bristol City, and Cardiff need to lose. Cardiff are playing 22nd placed Preston away.

Before the game the table looks like this:

4th Derby 71 points +24GD

5th Bristol City 71 points +7GD

6th Norwich 71 points +4GD

7th Cardiff 70 points +17GD

8th Leeds 69 points -1GD

So. To the match. Bristol City take the lead after 41 minutes. I was upset. At half time I changed my tactics to a 3-4-3 and went all out for the win. Prutton levelled things up after 70 minutes, then Showunmi scores after 77 minutes to put me in front. I didnt want to change anything in case I ruined this. Bristol get a corner in the 86th minute. They send their keeper up for it. The ball is cleared and Beckford cooly slots home from about 30 yards away to put me 3-1 up. I change back to a 5-4-1. Bristol score a goal after 90+1 minutes courtesy of Lita. It makes for a a nail biting finish to the game. But I managed to win.

I wasn't sure if this was enough as I assumed that Cardiff had got a result at Preston. They Hadn't. This meant I finished 6th. just scraping a playoff place.

I'll do a proper update after the play-offs.

:D

i won in the 3rd play-off of the uefa cup with 1-0 and 2-0 against Lyn, playing superior.. got loadssss of money now 30 mil euros budget for transfers... and am going to buy me a brand new striker lol.

have to choose betweet milevsky and tiago luis, both around 18 mil euros, both offered contract but i can only buy 1.... i think i go for the brazilian lol.. i love brazilian strikers! and he is just 24.. artem milevsky is already 28.. have to think about the future.. i will post a screen of my transfers and squad later today, or tomorrow..

this year I try to aim at being consistent, place 4-7 ... i'll keep you updated! nobody with requests for screenies??

Well the playoff semi finals are over.

I played watford. Drew 1-1 at their place which was good. The second leg was at Elland Road. It was 0-0 all the way up to the 95th minute, when Soriano (a DM I had signed earlier this season) headed home from a Parker cross. I was delighted. There was only meant to be 5 minutes of injury time, but the referee played 8 additional minutes which kept me on the edge of my seat.

So, I play Derby at Wembley!!

Fingers crossed...

Championship Playoff Final

Derby v Leeds

Leeds are favourites for the match, but i'm slightly concerned.

0-1 We take the lead the lead after Showunmi slots home after a glorious run from halfway in the 25th minute.

1-1 Derby get the equaliser through Rob Hulse after 31 minutes.

2-1 Rob Hulse scores again in the 42nd minute.

So leeds trail at half time, and i decide to change things to a 3-4-3.

2-2 Jonny Howson levels things up with a diving header after 65 minutes.

The game finishes 2-2 and moves into extra time. I decide to keep the 3-4-3 formation.

2-3 Jonny Howson scores his second of the game after a goal mouth scramble, and Leeds are in front for the second time.

I decided to change to a 5-4-1 to try and see out the game,

3-3 After a long period of pressure from Derby, Leeds are finally overcome, and on the 118 minute mark, Rob Hulse gets his hattrick.

Penalties!! I was not happy about this at all, as over the two seasons my Leeds team have been dreadfully terrible at penalties.

It finished 3-2 to Derby after penalties. In the Championship for another year.

That sucks! What year are you on in this game? Don't worry, by the way, I have noticed that Leeds start producing incredibly good youngsters by 2010/2011. Half my team is made up of academy products, at a combined worth of around 60 million, in the championship (equivalent of 150 million in the premiership). Give the youngsters a chance, after upgrading the facilities, they will not disappoint you.

My record for this year stands now at won 19, drawn 3 lost 1, I believe, and we've racked up more than 50 goals. My strike force cost me 3.2 million, plus academy scouting and development. LUFC are like middlesborough, they will always produce some of the nations top talent. The game carries this fact very, very well. Six of my youngsters started the last U21 game in 2013, that was just for England. 24 got called up for international games. Again, barely any of these are over 24 years old and cost me next to nothing (apart from time)

That sucks! What year are you on in this game? Don't worry, by the way, I have noticed that Leeds start producing incredibly good youngsters by 2010/2011. Half my team is made up of academy products, at a combined worth of around 60 million, in the championship (equivalent of 150 million in the premiership). Give the youngsters a chance, after upgrading the facilities, they will not disappoint you.

My record for this year stands now at won 19, drawn 3 lost 1, I believe, and we've racked up more than 50 goals. My strike force cost me 3.2 million, plus academy scouting and development. LUFC are like middlesborough, they will always produce some of the nations top talent. The game carries this fact very, very well. Six of my youngsters started the last U21 game in 2013, that was just for England. 24 got called up for international games. Again, barely any of these are over 24 years old and cost me next to nothing (apart from time)

That was the end of the second season, so i'm now in 2010. Board have given me £2.8m for transfers, so hopefully a little bit of strengthening and I should be out of the Championship in no time.

That was the end of the second season, so i'm now in 2010. Board have given me £2.8m for transfers, so hopefully a little bit of strengthening and I should be out of the Championship in no time.

Cool.

June 2010 was the first time in the game that a hot prospect was produced by the academy. Hopefully it will do the same for you.

update:

good start in the competition, lost first match home aston villa, but won the next four, good 3rd place already...

uefa cup, won all qualifying matches, drawn in a group (new uefa cup style, only 4 teams and first 2 will qualify) with monchengladbach, marseille and galatasaray... poule of death..

drew my first match marseille away, good result! so i'm happy..

and tiago luis scored 3 in 4 matches already :) so i made a good choice!

Update for my game at present: It's the turn of the year in The Championship. We have 55 points from 23 games, a goal difference in the league of +29, 9 points clear at the top of the table :D

well done simon!! start saving cash for the premier ship... and 1 big tip, dont buy to much talents! you will need experience who you can sign for free.. for example i got Edu and Zokora for free. i for sure without them i would relegate, a team of only future stars.. is a shitty team lol, cause there will be no leader! dont forget that part.... :)

Coming to the end of January, we are still 9 points clear, only defeated twice in the league all season.

I made a few key signings, based on the fact that the asking price was ridiculously low; Bojinov and hopefully Kalou (contract stage) now Leeds players, and they cost me a grand total of 4 million between them. I sold a few reserve players to balance the books.

I did a season the other day with leeds utd which I was really enjoying, then I was totally put off by the totally unrealistic bid I recieved from man city for David Lucas of £16m. Really spoils what could be a very enjoyable challenge.

Sorry if I'm repeating what some of you already knew

I wouldn't pay 16p for him

Kalou turned the contract down, even though it's what he asked for, then Chelsea accepted a 2 million bid from West Brom, he signed for them and took half the wage. How strange

not only money is a factor mate lol.. also prestige, and managers appreciation. always start praising players as a fantastic signing, or quality player when more teams are interested and the player will have a good feeling when he thinks of you, and the chance you will sign him will increase.. (not 100% but it definitly increases).. hope this will help you with future transfers...

Here we gooooo... half way through the season, getting my points where i need them... winning liverpool away and drawing man city away for example... and maybe on my way to champions league already! uefa cup i won 3-0 galatasaray away with whole b-squad. now first knock out round sevilla... and if i will get through palerma most probably.. what a draw!! with all those crap teams still in... but we'll see if i will survive... here are my standings in the league

http://i33.tinypic.com/2yy38na.jpg

How much money do Leeds start off with ?

been a long time already since i started my game, but not a lot as far as i remember... guess 800k transfer budget or something? correct me if i'm wrong... but with the reputation you can get good players for free and on load.. one good experienced played i got in was jean claude darcheville from rangers in my first season! now on my way to champions league!

been a long time already since i started my game, but not a lot as far as i remember... guess 800k transfer budget or something? correct me if i'm wrong... but with the reputation you can get good players for free and on load.. one good experienced played i got in was jean claude darcheville from rangers in my first season! now on my way to champions league!

I think its just over £600k iirc.

i made it to the league cup final! beating arsenal in the semi final.. i lost the away match 3-1 so i didnt had much chance.... the return i got behind 1-0 in the 2nd minute but i didnt give up! coming back.. 1-1 2-1 and 3-1 in the dying seconds! into extra time i scored 4-1 in the 118th minute.. now play newcastle in the final...

in uefa cup i won my away match against sevilla! 3-2.... hard battle.. lets hope i can keep this form and maybe even win a cup and qualify for champions league already! now in season 6 (2013/2014)

not only money is a factor mate lol.. also prestige, and managers appreciation. always start praising players as a fantastic signing, or quality player when more teams are interested and the player will have a good feeling when he thinks of you, and the chance you will sign him will increase.. (not 100% but it definitly increases).. hope this will help you with future transfers...

I know that's how it works, it always has. With that in mind, it made it all the more weird given the fact that we were 15 points clear at the top of the table, WBA were 13th. My reputation is national, as was the WBA manager, and the reputation of the club on all levels is greater than WBA.

To add to that, I did an interaction saying I would love to land him, he said he would welcome the move. WBA did nothing, no interaction at all.

On all levels, this transfer bucked the trend of the game. Not least was the fact that WBA weren't even listed as interested.

I just set it as automatic. Choose whatever you want. And most importantly - enjoy!

agree... and welcome joining the challenge! i just crushed sevilla in the return! 5-0.... byebye!! just a couple of days and i'm playing the league cup final... but i think my team will be very very tired playing so many matches.... i'll keep you updated

Archived