Football Manager 2021 Mobile *Official* Feedback Thread!

Thanks for the prompt response!

do you have any tips on getting the squads work rate up? When signing players it says whether they are professional or not, but doesn’t always mean they are hard working. Is there a way of getting an idea of work rate from scout report or personality? 

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

49 minutes ago, Geo87 said:

Thanks for the prompt response!

do you have any tips on getting the squads work rate up? When signing players it says whether they are professional or not, but doesn’t always mean they are hard working. Is there a way of getting an idea of work rate from scout report or personality? 

Yeah Professional and Work Rate are two separate values.

The Teamwork attribute is made up of two hidden attributes: Unselfishness and Work Rate. There's no way to tell the indivdual values for each of those, but you obviously get some clue from the Teamwork attribute itself. Ie:

• If they have 18, then both Unselfishness and Work Rate are high.
  • If they have 3, then both are low.
  • If it's 11, it could be that both are 11 or it could be that one is 3 and the other is 18 or vice versa - so there is no way to know for these people.

If you're trying to lift the squad's work rate, then (obviously) try signing players who have a high Teamwork attribute and avoid anyone with a low Teamwork attribute.

Also, it's probably worth checking out who's bringing the value down now and seeing if you really need them.

If you go to the main team Dynamics screen and click/press on the text next to the rating for Work Rate, it will pop up with a list like this:

image.png.5e306b03521d8d2d36d3b91ebec62564.png

In my case, it's pretty good, I have an A rating already. But if you have players in here with Red in the Effect column and you don't really really need them, you could look at selling them. 

But you'll probably never get it perfect and it's something you'll have to slowly tweak over time. Which makes sense and is like a real club (in my eyes anyway).

EDIT: I didn't realise this was page 4! I thought it was a new question, so I might have covered old ground here with some of the answer.... 🤦‍♂️

Edited by StephenCronin

I have noticed that the display is not looking right and by that I mean in the top corners of my device which is an iPhone 12 - the curved corners cut off little parts of the continue button for example. Same goes for the top left corner but this is subtle. I feel I could be zoomed out a little my display settings are already set to standard so is zoomed out as much as it needs to be. 

Second thing

I noticed the scroll can be rather erratic at times when scrolling through the squad screen for example. Just seems oversensitive to every little move/scroll and jumps so far at the smallest of touches.

Has anyone else noticed similar to myself? I am running the latest public iOS 14 (14.3) and the latest version of FMM in the app store.

Hi! Dunno if it's the right place, but I have some complaints.

1. Game still needs an reputation tweak. After winning the Irish Champions Cup, David Healy gained an International reputation. In FMM20, club reputations was wierd too. My club didn't gain a rep after winning the champions leauge. I only gained rep after winning my national leauge. National team reputations never changed in FMM20. I've won the Euro Cup after couple years of successful performances by my rep was still 3 stars. I couldn't confirm if they still exist in FMM21 too but commenting just in case anyone else also encounters it.

2. Why are leauge coefficients are different in game than real life? I feel like game arbitrarily determines gained coefficient. I run a test save to calculate them myself but numbers didn't add up. I want to play in a lower leauge and gradually increase in ranks and have other teams in the leauge get richer and stronger in the progress. But the way it is right now breaks the immersion for me. I had this FMM20 too. In the year I've won Champions Leauge and one other team was a runner up in Conference Leauge, our leauge coefficient for that year was 4. It's absurd. It was somehow even lower than year before where everyone performed worse.

3. There is something wrong with regens in my save. I'm running 4 leauges France, Germany, Spain, Turkey (leauge I'm playing in). But almost every regen is French. There is only one single Turkish player among them. It looks like a bug, I never had something like this in FMM20.

4. Team dynamic resets after a season. Same players that affected it year before now does nothing. Their social group and hierarchys are the same. I have two influential players that positively affecting the morale but it's still C in the dynamics screen.

Apart from these problems, I liked the game so far. Expanding on social aspects was needed. Player interactions are much better this year. I would also like to see an economic overhaul and club cultures implemented in the game (without abandoning the streamlined purpose of the game of course.)

Note: Please inform me if I have to post this in bugs section. I can also post my savefile if needed.

Edited by le_havle
typos and grammatical fix

• SI Staff
21 hours ago, le_havle said:

Note: Please inform me if I have to post this in bugs section. I can also post my savefile if needed.

If you can send in the save file (details on how to do with are in the tech support forums) then that would be much appreciated.

Features I'd really appreciate...

1. When you request a new affiliate - the board gives you a selection of 4 teams to choose from. At least 2 come from other playable divisions and are no more than 2 stars lower than you in reputation. The random affiliates you acquire who you have no use for is really frustrating.

2. The ability to add/delete new affiliates through the edit tab.

3. The ability to choose the kit you use for an away game, my team decides to only use 1 kit all season and it's frustrating.

4. Ability to arrange multiple friendlies use a monthly calendar option rather than scrolling through the weekly bar.

5. Reserves set up weekly friendlies for themselves if not in a playable league.

6. Ability, like in the full game, to transfer/loan players to other clubs (including fees and clauses) through the edit function.

7. Ability to see jobs available from all leagues in the game, and if you want to accept one from a non-playable league you get to choose a playable league to remove to enable the new playable league to accept the job offer.

8. Ability to agree to move to manage a new club at the end of a season, rather than it always be immediate.

• 2 weeks later...

I’d like to request that you change the Leeds United badge. Surely a badge that includes a ship should be reserved for a coastal town/city? Sorry, but as a fan i find that really annoying. Leeds is a large inland metropolitan city. Just a simple blue/yellow or even white shield with no icon would suffice. 

• SI Staff
40 minutes ago, Wolflikeme said:

I’d like to request that you change the Leeds United badge. Surely a badge that includes a ship should be reserved for a coastal town/city? Sorry, but as a fan i find that really annoying. Leeds is a large inland metropolitan city. Just a simple blue/yellow or even white shield with no icon would suffice. 

I'll have a think about this (the non-licenced teams just get randomised badges and there is no way to know which towns are coastal at present).

In the meantime please consider it an homage to HMS Ceres (the Naval Reserve at Leeds).

Really enjoying this years Version, I’m finding is some clubs are making ridiculously low bids,  for a player not even on transfer list, although could be on purpose to unsettle player. Another thing is, is it possible to have the stadium zoomed out so you get full view of pitch like on an iPad?

D204FC38-8645-470A-ADBD-2F5D903F7320.jpeg

C33D06B8-C07E-4108-BC2C-3EAC8ECBDFA5.jpeg

Edited by zakbrown96

• SI Staff
4 hours ago, zakbrown96 said:

Really enjoying this years Version, I’m finding is some clubs are making ridiculously low bids,  for a player not even on transfer list, although could be on purpose to unsettle player. Another thing is, is it possible to have the stadium zoomed out so you get full view of pitch like on an iPad?

The amount of stadium visible varies somewhat depending on the device I'm afraid - this is simply because we have to keep the pitch aspect ratios correct, otherwise you could end up with really long narrow pitches on some devices.

Hi Marc Vaughan and FM Mobile team. 
I’ve really like the new features in this year’s version, so thanks. 
My feedback is that it’s unrealistically easy sometimes, which unfortunately reduces the playability and addiction. I took Dresden from the German 3rd div, and won the 3rd, bundesliga 2 and then the bundesliga in successive seasons. No editor used / net spend 19.5 mill. I even tried to ‘throw’ the bundesliga by putting out weakened teams when I realised I was going to win, but all that happened was the other top sides seem to suddenly lose as well, like there is some kind of handicap. 
At least I’m getting more hostile bids for players (I set lowish release fees for players to make it more interesting). I’ve not noticed more injuries at all. 
Do you agree this feels unrealistic, and any thoughts for the future versions with some kind of variable difficulty level?

As others have said, this is another strong version of the game and it’s fun. I still think rich teams are not strengthening their squads quite enough. It’s better than last year but I’ve  seen mega rich clubs like Real Madrid and Chelsea drop from five star rated teams to four star over a few seasons. But others such as Bayern Munich and PSG strengthen as expected and have several £100m plus players even when you’re not playing their leagues. I think that’s one reason why the game is easier at the higher levels.

On the post match screen which follows immediately after a match, I’ve seen players score hat-tricks and more but only state that they’re satisfied with their performance. Perhaps a new rating showing that the player is delighted with their performance could be added. Likewise a new rating showing that a player is devastated with their performance could be added for those who’ve had a particularly poor game.

Finally, some of the Coach Report news items seem a bit off as they’ll tell you that one of your young reserve players is turning into a fine player and is one to watch when they’re never going to be good enough for your first team and they should be asking you to sell them, like they sometimes do.

The new version (ie Winter update) says only:

WHAT’S NEW
January Transfer Update
Many other fixes and improvements

Is there any way to get a list of what the "Many other fixes and improvements" are? I get you can't list every single change, but knowing what the major ones are would be great! 

• SI Staff
9 hours ago, StephenCronin said:

The new version (ie Winter update) says only:

Is there any way to get a list of what the "Many other fixes and improvements" are? I get you can't list every single change, but knowing what the major ones are would be great! 

The reason that we don't generally list them is a that a lot of them don't make a huge amount of sense to the outside world ..

eg. From an actual changelist I did internally:
Prevent post-match experience page clicking so easily on player name when user tries to scroll (was activating on both depress and release - now only does it on release).

This is the page after a match completes, which shows the experience players gained. It was 'twitchy' when you tried to scroll (ie. selected players too easily if you swiped in the wrong area) - this fixes that. Its something that only a small proportion of users have probably noticed and will hopefully make things a nicer experience for those but the description of the fix isn't that meaningful to move people.

15 minutes ago, Marc Vaughan said:

The reason that we don't generally list them is a that a lot of them don't make a huge amount of sense to the outside world ..

eg. From an actual changelist I did internally:
Prevent post-match experience page clicking so easily on player name when user tries to scroll (was activating on both depress and release - now only does it on release).

This is the page after a match completes, which shows the experience players gained. It was 'twitchy' when you tried to scroll (ie. selected players too easily if you swiped in the wrong area) - this fixes that. Its something that only a small proportion of users have probably noticed and will hopefully make things a nicer experience for those but the description of the fix isn't that meaningful to move people.

OMG, that's a terrible example Marc, that's driven me crazy for the last couple of years. I'm so happy that's fixed! And that's just the sort of info I'd love. 😁

I do appreciate I'm probably not the average user though.

And as a software developer myself, I know you can't list 100 things - but a list of the 8 things you think will mean most to people beats "Many other fixes and improvements" every time.

Anyway, thanks for the update and especially for fixing that issue mentioned above.

1 hour ago, StephenCronin said:

OMG, that's a terrible example Marc, that's driven me crazy for the last couple of years. I'm so happy that's fixed! And that's just the sort of info I'd love. 😁

I do appreciate I'm probably not the average user though.

And as a software developer myself, I know you can't list 100 things - but a list of the 8 things you think will mean most to people beats "Many other fixes and improvements" every time.

Anyway, thanks for the update and especially for fixing that issue mentioned above.

Yes, I agree. I;m a sucker for comprehensive release notes.

I imagine the majority of users on here are experienced enough with the game that fixes like the example above will make some sense, so it'd be good to see more details on here even if it's not referenced on the respective app stores.

• SI Staff
4 hours ago, StephenCronin said:

That's bloody typical ;) - in all honesty it was just the last change-list I'd implemented and had to hand.

I'll see what can be done going forward - but do realize that making such things takes time - for the example I gave for instance I had to rewrite the CL from our source control, sanitize it (ie. remove our bug logging information from it) ... in some cases it'd also require rewriting from internal jargon into English etc.

If we do an extended notes for you chaps then it would still be a sub-set of the full notes because some changes are iterative or internal to the game itself and I'd want to just mention things which you guys would have some chance of (1) having an interesting in, (2) understand, (3) care about ....