FMM compatible with Bluestacks?

Hey @Marc Vaughan,

I came across this software called "Bluestacks". Apparently it is an Android emulator for pc, made for running Android apps (mainly games) on Windows. 

It's free to download and use, so I might give it a go either way, but just wondered if you have tested FMM on this emulator by any chance?

You link your Google account to it and download your apps, so there's no piracy or anything. Still gotta buy the game(s). 🙂

Edited by Footix

I've used Bluestacks, but it was long ago and it was very slow at at the time (emulators often are). I've also used Nox, which was a little quicker, but not a great experience. Maybe they've improved since? 

What I use these days is a program called Vysor, which mirrors your phone to a Windows PC. The game is actually running on your phone, but shown on the PC and it's much faster with very little lag (at least for me). You probably need to buy the premium version though, as the display quality of the free one is pretty low. Another benefit is that then there is only one device, so only one save. With the emulators I was copying the save back and forth between them and my phone, which was a massive pain.

Out of interest, why do you want to run it on your PC? If you don't have or can't run it on a phone then I guess Vysor will be no use! 🙂  

I mainly do it because my eyes are not what they were and FMM's text is often too small, even with a decent sized phone (S20+). I can play it on the phone obviously, but if I'm near my computer I'll choose to use that and give my eyes a break. 

While I do have a phone capable of running the game, the phone quickly heats up while gaming, resulting in massive lag. After 10-15 minutes of gameplay, matches are near unplayable really. (Galaxy S9 Exynos, if anyone's interested). Besides, with all the small text, icons and details everywhere, I'd rather play the game on PC. I usually buy FMT too, but figured I maybe could play just FMM this year. FMM is getting increasingly complex with each iteration and now seems to have hit that perfect sweet spot. If I got it to run on a bigger screen, that is.

And no, I'm not buying a tablet! :lol:

Haven't tried Bluestacks yet. I did some more research and some forum posts suggests the software may include some malware too. Although Bluestacks of course say the software is perfectly legit. Not fully convinced ... 

Perhaps I'll check out Vysor instead, but if it mirrors the phone I suppose I will have to interact with the phone to play? I play on the phone and the image is shown on the PC? If so that's not what I'm looking for.

Edited by Footix

• SI Staff
4 hours ago, StephenCronin said:

I mainly do it because my eyes are not what they were and FMM's text is often too small, even with a decent sized phone (S20+). I can play it on the phone obviously, but if I'm near my computer I'll choose to use that and give my eyes a break. 

If it helps my eyesight is pretty awful (I'm only just able to drive legally) and I've made sure FMM21 is playable on my iPhone7 for me :D

(as I was a little disappointed with some of the text sizing on it for FMM20)

1 hour ago, Marc Vaughan said:

If it helps my eyesight is pretty awful (I'm only just able to drive legally) and I've made sure FMM21 is playable on my iPhone7 for me :D

I don't know what you did but the font this year doesn't hurt my eyes, can actually read confortably, so thank you! 

7 hours ago, Footix said:

Perhaps I'll check out Vysor instead, but if it mirrors the phone I suppose I will have to interact with the phone to play? I play on the phone and the image is shown on the PC? If so that's not what I'm looking for.

The game is running on the phone (so maybe no good for you as the lagging and overheating will still happen) and it shows on the phone screen as well as the PC, but the controls are all done through the PC. Ie you use your mouse and keyboard to control the game instead of the phone. Good luck with it whichever way you go. 🙂

3 hours ago, Marc Vaughan said:

Oh, that's great then! I haven't yet played FMM21 much (still finishing a FMM20 save), but from a brief look it seemed about the same (a different font, but around the same size). Hopefully I'll find it better when I really get into it.

I don't want to overstate it - it's definitely playable - but when I play for hours on end, my eyes defintiely feel the strain! 😄

• 3 weeks later...

I purchased FMM for both iPhone and Android (as I do every year). Obviously, FMM on iPhone Xs outperforms the budget Android (some super cheap $50 Samsung), but surprisingly, the game is very playable on it even with enhanced match engine (albeit quite choppy but would do if all I could afford was a cheap phone). No overheating :D Need to install it on the $150 Nokia I got as a media player (as much as I love my iPhone I need to side load some apps not available in my countries store; Android is perfect for that).

Point is, probably the $50 Android will run FMM better than Bluestacks which I tried long ago and gave up after 5 minutes.