Why are default DB English rules still a mess?

ratio1618

Why for the second year running after all the complaints last year did you stick with not being able to edit the Vanarama N/S and below relegation places in basic? Why does England still fail to verify in advanced?

Why is it called "teans" instead of "teams" for league one? Why does league 1 have defunctional rules for Bolton and the 2019 season if we cant even play it?  Is this another year of not being able to create an accurate lower league expansion file?

Has this all been copy pasted over from last year? 

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

25 minutos atrás, ratio1618 disse:

To awswer this, yes.

Portuguese rules, for exemple, have the same number of teams on required teams from FM2020. So guess what? Advance rules failed, because the number of teams in same divisions changed.

1 minute ago, TH3 K1LL3R said:

To awswer this, yes.

Portuguese rules, for exemple, have the same number of teams on required teams from FM2020. So guess what? Advance rules failed, because the number of teams in same divisions changed.

Thanks for the confirmation bro. Such a shame to see.

Screw us for wanting to make content to keep the game relevant and fresh for a game cycle huh? 

6 minutes ago, TH3 K1LL3R said:

To awswer this, yes.

literally having the same problem, can't activate polish 3rd level because this year is 19 teams not 18 and can't change this because 'maximum 18 teams is required', found 19. Hope this will be fixed, I encourage you to post in bugs section below as well :thup:

https://community.sigames.com/forum/830-pre-game-and-in-game-editor/

4 minutos atrás, Bigpole disse:

literally having the same problem, can't activate polish 3rd level because this year is 19 teams not 18 and can't change this because 'maximum 18 teams is required', found 19. Hope this will be fixed, I encourage you to post in bugs section below as well :thup:

https://community.sigames.com/forum/830-pre-game-and-in-game-editor/

Already done.

But you want to know the best? if you try to run without the required teams, try to delete all competition with error or even change the number to correct, also will fail, at least in Portugal.

I remember this from last year.

Part of the issue seems to be the fact that there are 23 teams in the National and they wont let you change the rules as even when only removing Brexit from the game the database fails to verify! So i cant even make a no Brexit patch let alone add my local team.
I remember it took a few tries last year but i got there with the advanced editor.

3 minutes ago, NexusSix said:

I remember this from last year.

Part of the issue seems to be the fact that there are 23 teams in the National and they wont let you change the rules as even when only removing Brexit from the game the database fails to verify! So i cant even make a no Brexit patch let alone add my local team.
I remember it took a few tries last year but i got there with the advanced editor.

But thats the thing, it starts in 20/21 with 21 teams with 1 relagation and then in 21/22 it goes to 24 teams with 4. The basic ruleset doesnt even reflect real life.

4 hours ago, ratio1618 said:

Why for the second year running after all the complaints last year did you stick with not being able to edit the Vanarama N/S and below relegation places in basic? Why does England still fail to verify in advanced?

Why is it called "teans" instead of "teams" for league one? Why does league 1 have defunctional rules for Bolton and the 2019 season if we cant even play it?  Is this another year of not being able to create an accurate lower league expansion file?

Austria , Belgium , Germany , England , Croatia , Denmark , Greece , Spain , Portugal , Polonia , Czech Rep. , Romania , Russia , Scotland , Italy , Slovakia , Turkey , Ukraine , Hungary countries with known issues trying to verify and Wales can be added....they dont give a damn about the editor

7 minutes ago, Roy Race 9 said:

Austria , Belgium , Germany , England , Croatia , Denmark , Greece , Spain , Portugal , Polonia , Czech Rep. , Romania , Russia , Scotland , Italy , Slovakia , Turkey , Ukraine , Hungary countries with known issues trying to verify and Wales can be added....they dont give a damn about the editor

They sure dont, its almost as if they dont like us expanding leagues at this point. I t was a massive problem last year and even worse this year with not ONE word from anyone on the team and i doubt we will hear anything about all this crap this year either.

48 minutes ago, ratio1618 said:

They sure dont, its almost as if they dont like us expanding leagues at this point. I t was a massive problem last year and even worse this year with not ONE word from anyone on the team and i doubt we will hear anything about all this crap this year either.

mate it has been like this for years 

Ive just tried to mass edit 120 players, not 120,000 (basic editing the editor is frozen) its poor

Ive had a brief look at it and found over half a dozen bugs so whats the point

47 minutes ago, Roy Race 9 said:

mate it has been like this for years 

Ive just tried to mass edit 120 players, not 120,000 (basic editing the editor is frozen) its poor

Ive had a brief look at it and found over half a dozen bugs so whats the point

Hopefully someone actually reads this and tries to fix them

1 minute ago, Wolf_pd said:

Bugs are only fixed if logged in the Bugs forum.

Dw bruv they were reported by us on that forum like an hour after the Editor went live. Is that Jerry Collins in your display picture?

5 minutes ago, ratio1618 said:

Dw bruv they were reported by us on that forum like an hour after the Editor went live. Is that Jerry Collins in your display picture?

:thup: Hadn't checked the bugs forum yet. Just logged in after a long night ;)

Yeah, that's Jerry Collins. Met him when New Zealand played Scotland in the 2007 Wold Cup. Cool guy. Passed away way too early.

1 minute ago, Wolf_pd said:

:thup: Hadn't checked the bugs forum yet. Just logged in after a long night ;)

Yeah, that's Jerry Collins. Met him when New Zealand played Scotland in the 2007 Wold Cup. Cool guy. Passed away way too early.

I was in the stadium when he pissed on the field. Funfacts. RIP big guy.

Anyways sup dude, new year same problems. Fun stuff.

10 hours ago, ratio1618 said:

But thats the thing, it starts in 20/21 with 21 teams with 1 relagation and then in 21/22 it goes to 24 teams with 4. The basic ruleset doesnt even reflect real life.

My thought process on this is as follows -

Edit the leagues down to reflect a "Real life season" I think assume a club has gone bust and been removed from the tier system thus causing the change in rules. 
So what I might do is pick a lucky club from the VNN or S and promote them to make 24 then bump another team up from Tier 7 to replace them and then one from tier 8 to replace that.
Its then about deleting the 2021 ruleset and just going with the rule set that they are going to use going forwards.
(In the Data management there seem to be a 2021 ruleset and a 2019 rule set I will seek to use the 2019 ruleset.

Before being jumped on I also want to make it clear I am only editing for the following reasons 

-Play as a local Tier 7 Team who I always like to be

- Remove Brexit consequences from UK and rejoin the EU from game start.

(Toying with making another version removing VAR from the Prem as well )

Im happy to share my results / outcome but I am not interested or overly bothered on the "Real Life Immersion" or knock on effect this will have on the lucky promoted team or the 2021 season. 

Anyone got any thoughts on this line of logic? Will probably start playing with it around 8- 9pm this evening. Shouldn't take me longer than an hour or two even with bugs.

1 minute ago, NexusSix said:

Edit the leagues down to reflect a "Real life season" I think assume a club has gone bust and been removed from the tier system thus causing the change in rules. 
So what I might do is pick a lucky club from the VNN or S and promote them to make 24 then bump another team up from Tier 7 to replace them and then one from tier 8 to replace that.
Its then about deleting the 2021 ruleset and just going with the rule set that they are going to use going forwards.
(In the Data management there seem to be a 2021 ruleset and a 2019 rule set I will seek to use the 2019 ruleset.

Before being jumped on I also want to make it clear I am only editing for the following reasons 

Im happy to share my results / outcome but I am not interested or overly bothered on the "Real Life Immersion" or knock on effect this will have on the lucky promoted team or the 2021 season. 

Anyone got any thoughts on this line of logic? Will probably start playing with it around 8- 9pm this evening. Shouldn't take me longer than an hour or two even with bugs.

Yeh this is what i resorted to last year, i believe their may be a way with required team section and using two sets of tier 7 league rules.

Give a crack and let me know, im in NZ so cant edit RN its late If you can verify with them it means i can easily replicate the Lower league expansion.

Its a good workaround until they fix it and i wouldnt hold my breath

1 hour ago, NexusSix said:

Had a play around and got it to validate. needs testing though. i addeda some random tier 10 teams to leagus that needed it as a band aid

League .fmf

Getting it to validate is a start, so seems it can be done then! 

Good point about band aiding certain leagues. That unfortunately will change things a little and im sure some fans of UpperLoweringham Utd will be irritated but its the only way to make it work at this point.

Once validated I always load myself into a game and set myself on holiday for 3  - 5 years and then come back to make sure there is not like 1 team in League 2 or that the FA cup stopped or something crazy.

So long as everything measures up in 2025 I would say that's the database issues cracked :D

Edited by NexusSix

Set it for 10 years go to bed and see what its like when you wake up? Ive done that a couple of times to deep test something. 

Depends on how long it takes your PC to sim a season. With one Nation loaded it should take about 15-30 minutes on a SSD 

I've put some time in making a level 10 DB for England but I am stuck at "National League North/South not having rules for 43 teams"

I can provide my work so far if anyone might be able to get it validated.

All teams and divisions have checked against all real-life leagues and names changed for sponsorship etc

English Football Pyramind - Level 10.fmf

I’ve only got an error message in the nation rules for not enough teams in U18 Division Four South which is a parent competition.

I had a look and Watford (sorry Miles if you’re reading this!) are in there but there’s no teams in U18 Division Four North.

I think that’s what the problem is, the parent competition doesn’t show up anywhere in the xml of my nation rules so I can’t change any of it.

Everything else is fine.

1 hour ago, matt-selbytownfc said:

I've put some time in making a level 10 DB for England but I am stuck at "National League North/South not having rules for 43 teams"

I can provide my work so far if anyone might be able to get it validated.

All teams and divisions have checked against all real-life leagues and names changed for sponsorship etc

English Football Pyramind - Level 10.fmf 100.5 kB · 3 downloads

image.thumb.png.aa4bd02d79f4a1c0d987258c444408d7.pngHere's your problem. For the Pitching In Premier Division, you need to set the mode to flexible format rules. When I made this change, all 10 levels were verified, and the resulting fmf is attached. There's no guarentee that it will actually work in the game though, though hopefully this might be a breakthrough.

2140489197_EnglishFootballPyramind-Level10.fmf

Edited by BoyInGreen

54 minutes ago, FCUtdWill said:

I’ve only got an error message in the nation rules for not enough teams in U18 Division Four South which is a parent competition.

I had a look and Watford (sorry Miles if you’re reading this!) are in there but there’s no teams in U18 Division Four North.

I think that’s what the problem is, the parent competition doesn’t show up anywhere in the xml of my nation rules so I can’t change any of it.

Everything else is fine.

In reply to myself, I’ve now got all nation rules to validate and they’re all verified.

2 minutes ago, FCUtdWill said:

In reply to myself, I’ve now got all nation rules to validate and they’re all verified.

Chuck us the file i wanna have a look, is it easy enough to expand step 4 to 8 leagues?

27 minutes ago, BoyInGreen said:

image.thumb.png.aa4bd02d79f4a1c0d987258c444408d7.pngHere's your problem. For the Pitching In Premier Division, you need to set the mode to flexible format rules. When I made this change, all 10 levels were verified, and the resulting fmf is attached. There's no guarentee that it will actually work in the game though, though hopefully this might be a breakthrough.

2140489197_EnglishFootballPyramind-Level10.fmf 100.57 kB · 1 download

I will test this out for you mate

21 minutes ago, ratio1618 said:

Chuck us the file i wanna have a look, is it easy enough to expand step 4 to 8 leagues?

I’ve not got that far and I probably don’t intend to go to 8 divisions for Step 4.

I can’t select any of level 7 to 10 on game start now though despite them being in the nation rules and verified.

Just now, FCUtdWill said:

I’ve not got that far and I probably don’t intend to go to 8 divisions for Step 4.

I can’t select any of level 7 to 10 on game start now though despite them being in the nation rules and verified.

I've also had this issue, I'm now looking through a separate forum where I think a workaround was found...

I'm currently just trying to pump about an extra 80 teams into the inactive divisions below the conference north/south, the ones which filter into the newly promoted teams each season to add some variety in the teams that come up in my journeyman save. I do this each year. Due to this, I'm only editing the existing nation rules. I'm getting the ''not enough teams'' error for each division. Does anyone have a workaround on this yet? :)

7 minutes ago, NexusSix said:

If someone can help me sort the blocked out Relegation places i can sort it.

Its locked at 6 ( think it did this last year) need to change it to 8. Really frustrating as i cant start my game until T7 is added.

image.png.9b36a790dd79a4713f8ba04f4afb0a21.png

You shouldn’t need to change it to 8, you can still make it work with 6.

7 minutes ago, Domoboy23 said:

I'm currently just trying to pump about an extra 80 teams into the inactive divisions below the conference north/south, the ones which filter into the newly promoted teams each season to add some variety in the teams that come up in my journeyman save. I do this each year. Due to this, I'm only editing the existing nation rules. I'm getting the ''not enough teams'' error for each division. Does anyone have a workaround on this yet? :)

Why are you putting teams in inactive divisions at level 7 when they’re already there?

Edited by FCUtdWill

1 minute ago, FCUtdWill said:

You shouldn’t need to change it to 8, you can still make it work with 6.

Why are you putting teams in inactive divisions at level 7 when they’re already there?

Just realised I don't need to fiddle with the nation rules! Simple put as many teams as I want into the inacitve division and sub divisions and they will be in the pot to get promoted. Silly me :D

4 minutes ago, NexusSix said:

How? 

You need to edit the nation rules in xml to change the minimum and maximum number of teams in the parent competition.

However, the game doesn’t recognise levels 7-10 when you add them to the nation rules.

1 minute ago, FCUtdWill said:

You need to edit the nation rules in xml to change the minimum and maximum number of teams in the parent competition.

However, the game doesn’t recognise levels 7-10 when you add them to the nation rules.

Great.... so T7 and below is not going to happen until SI fix this...... no idea why they dont just spend an hour adding them officially.

Just now, NexusSix said:

Great.... so T7 and below is not going to happen until SI fix this...... no idea why they dont just spend an hour adding them officially.

They dont have the license, They should probably spend an hour fixing the damn editor first. Also we should vote with our wallets and not buy the game until we know the editor has actually had time spent on it. 3 years of this BS and they dont even talk to us outside of locked stickies.

6 minutes ago, NexusSix said:

Other countries have the same issue when custom leagues are added, it’s not just England.

5 minutes ago, ratio1618 said:

They dont have the license, They should probably spend an hour fixing the damn editor first. Also we should vote with our wallets and not buy the game until we know the editor has actually had time spent on it. 3 years of this BS and they dont even talk to us outside of locked stickies.

I’m unsure if it’s to do with the license when they’re already in the editor. I’ve managed to fix the editor issues tonight, I just can’t get them to load on game start.