Can You Request A New Larger Stadium?

You CAN request a new stadium, but you can't specify how big. The conditions of the request being granted are various but include such things as what country you are in, what division you are in, how successful you have been, how high your attendances have been in comparison with the size of your current stadium, the size of the town/city you play in, plus several other factors.

Can you please answer is it possible, that if you choose small club in small town, like Forest Green, that it will ever get big stadium even you play it longterm save to premier league? So is there somekind of limit of maximum attendance depending where club is located or is it depending just reputation or what? Mainly if your club is in a town of like 20.000 but there is close by big cities, or is it just town itself what counts and clubs reputation?

Edited by toni2244

The size of available fan base is one of the factors that affects new stadiums and their capacity- a small town close to a big city with a few large clubs is realistically not going to be able to sustain a massive stadium-upgrade will be possible but an enormous new stadium unlikely

Several years ago, I took a non league side to the Premier League, we got a 16,000 new stadium. I had that stadium (we improved it to around 26,000) for about 30 years. During that 30 years, I won about 20 Premier League titles, 5 or 6 European Cups, plus several other trophies.

The board then decided to build another new stadium, and I'm pretty sure that one held at least 50,000.

So, yes, it is possible to do with a very small club in England, but you need to be selling your current stadium out and being very successful. I grew my team into the biggest and best in the world.

1 minute ago, FrazT said:

The size of available fan base is one of the factors that affects new stadiums and their capacity- a small town close to a big city with a few large clubs is realistically not going to be able to sustain a massive stadium-upgrade will be possible but an enormous new stadium unlikely

But it is possible theoretically if you outplay those big other clubs in next 20-30 years and get higher reputation? So what i was really asking is, :D that is there some pre-coded fanbase value in every club that you just cant overcome no matter what you do, and if there is can i see it in pre or in-game editor?

As I said, the fanbase is only one of the criteria that the board take into account- it is not the only one and I am sure that in a long term save when club reputation will increase a lot, you will have the option- I doubt however that a massive stadium will be available

So those dreaming of a world class stadium named in their honour, might want to take a look at "sleeping giants" with a stadium that's unusually small for a club of their former stature. 

So think Chelsea in a couple of years.

Only joking Chelsea fans, you'll always be my 10th favourite league club in London. 

Edited by Nonlondoner

23 hours ago, Ellis_D said:

Several years ago, I took a non league side to the Premier League, we got a 16,000 new stadium. I had that stadium (we improved it to around 26,000) for about 30 years. During that 30 years, I won about 20 Premier League titles, 5 or 6 European Cups, plus several other trophies.

The board then decided to build another new stadium, and I'm pretty sure that one held at least 50,000.

So, yes, it is possible to do with a very small club in England, but you need to be selling your current stadium out and being very successful. I grew my team into the biggest and best in the world.

I've also had this experience before, so I think the game does ultimately reward this kind of long-term success.  Takes a bit of patience, tho...:)

8 hours ago, Matt ex SEGA said:

I've also had this experience before, so I think the game does ultimately reward this kind of long-term success.  Takes a bit of patience, tho...:)

Yes, a lot of patience, and time. I have never got that far in a save since. For some reason, things like work, wife and kids take up a lot of my valuable FM playing life! However, with this one being faster than the previous few, I'm hopeful of completing at least 30 seasons this year :)