[FM21] BoyInGreen's English Pyramid (down to Step 6/Level 10 + FA Vase)

Hi guys, I've managed to get Levels 7,8,9 and 10 fully working in the game, complete with accurate* promotion rules for this year, so that Vanarama N/S will have 24 teams next year, while the Level 7 leages will still have 22 teams, and all Level 8, 9 and 10 leagues will have 20 teams. In addition, Level 8 has 7 subdivisions in 20/21 and 8 for 21/22, Level 9 has 14 for 20/21 and 16 for 21/22 and Level 10 has 20 for 20/21 and 17 for 21/22, just like in real life. Teams in the top three new levels are now entered into their accurate FA Cup (where the qualifying round draws have been regionalised) and (for the first two) FA Trophy rounds as well. The FA Vase has also been added with regionalised rounds, albeit with the byes abstracted so that the best 32 clubs enter at the second round and the next base 32 enter at the first round. Also added from 21/22 onwards are league cups for Steps 3 and 4, including the group stage for the Alan Turvey Trophy.

As quite a few database edits were necessary to make Level 10 playable, this file may not compatible with some editor data files.

If anyone has any comments, please feel free to let me know and everyone is more than welcome to use this file as a base for your own expansions. All I ask is that I am credited in the download post.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/kcriabs2tt5wle4/England_Step_6.fmf/file

*Due to issues with calculating regional divisions in the editor, which effectively make inter-divisional playoffs impossible, promotion between Levels 8 and 9 and between Levels 9 and 10 is not strictly speaking accurate, though I believe the fix I have applied is keeping with the thinking behind the playoffs. Basically, there is no relegation from Level 8 for 20/21 only, while three teams are promoted from the Northern, North West Counties and Northern Counties East, one from the Wessex, Spartan South Midlands and Eastern Counties Leagues and two from the other leagues. The three leagues chosen to promote only one were picked on the basis on the reputation of the second-most reputable club in each division. While not ideal, this will allow for the accurate pyramid set-up for 21/22 onwards.

Edited by BoyInGreen
Step 3-4 league Cups now added

IS this using BoyinGreen's file or your own?
If your own then yeah there are fundamental issues with team allocations which messes up validation as soon as you switch to advanced rules.
If its BoyinGreens work then that's very odd because I managed to remove Brexit and Verify.  (I am going to post up a No Brexit version of this patch on Steam later but obs will give BoyinGreen full credit)

On 26/11/2020 at 11:11, NexusSix said:

IS this using BoyinGreen's file or your own?
If your own then yeah there are fundamental issues with team allocations which messes up validation as soon as you switch to advanced rules.
If its BoyinGreens work then that's very odd because I managed to remove Brexit and Verify.  (I am going to post up a No Brexit version of this patch on Steam later but obs will give BoyinGreen full credit)

Did you manage to do this? if so do you have a link?

2 minutes ago, ratio1618 said:

Wow you are incredible. Did the update help you?

Sadly no. The issue was the play-offs between Step 4 and Step 5. Apparently any competition containing sub-divisions cannot support cross-divisional playoffs. Hence why I had to introduce the workaround.

Arent there only meant to be playoffs in 20/21 becuase in 21/22 it expands to 16 leagues making the 2 up from each league possible?

What was the workaround, 

Also where did you decide to put the new leagues? Did you follow Nonleague Forums suggestions

The three leagues chosen to promote only one were picked on the basis on the reputation of the second-most reputable club in each division. While not ideal, this will allow for the accurate pyramid set-up for 21/22 onwards.

What a lad, this is perfect dude. Now you got me ****ed up, iwas gunna start a NZ save now i wanna do a Isle of Man save

15 minutes ago, ratio1618 said:

The three leagues chosen to promote only one were picked on the basis on the reputation of the second-most reputable club in each division. While not ideal, this will allow for the accurate pyramid set-up for 21/22 onwards.

What a lad, this is perfect dude. Now you got me ****ed up, iwas gunna start a NZ save now i wanna do a Isle of Man save

As the Isle of Man are at Step 6, you might need to sim a season or two before they are playable. I do plan to add Step 6 though sometime next week, which will be the last step to be added before I start focusing on the cups.

2 minutes ago, BoyInGreen said:

As the Isle of Man are at Step 6, you might need to sim a season or two before they are playable. I do plan to add Step 6 though sometime next week, which will be the last step to be added before I start focusing on the cups.

Oh i thought they were step 5.

What cups are missing?

30 minutes ago, ratio1618 said:

Arent there only meant to be playoffs in 20/21 becuase in 21/22 it expands to 16 leagues making the 2 up from each league possible?

What was the workaround, 

Also where did you decide to put the new leagues? Did you follow Nonleague Forums suggestions

The issue is that cross-divisional playoffs and regional divisions seem to be mutually exclusive, whether as the result of a bug of otherwise. Once you add play-offs across divisions, you can no longer use that competition to calculate regional divisions in subsequent seasons, even if you use multiple rulesets like I did. It should be technically possible to add the Step 4-5 playoffs as a separate competition as a workaround, though I'm not sure if it is worth it if it will only ever be used for one season.

Just now, ratio1618 said:

Oh i thought they were step 5.

What cups are missing?

FA Vase and the Step 3-4 league cups.

The FA Cup and the FA Trophy have all the qualifying rounds added though. Next step will be to regionalise the earlier rounds like in real life.

Nicely done.

I've been using your initial Step3 file since last week and so far all's well. Playing with Corinthian Casuals.

Might just download the latest Step 5 file you've shared above and give it a go once I'm bored with my current save. 

1 hour ago, BoyInGreen said:

Sadly no. The issue was the play-offs between Step 4 and Step 5. Apparently any competition containing sub-divisions cannot support cross-divisional playoffs. Hence why I had to introduce the workaround.

Yes i had that same issue last year, it just could not be done no matter what i tried doing.

6 minutes ago, lionel messi said:

Yes i had that same issue last year, it just could not be done no matter what i tried doing.

End of the day 

a) most people dont knwo the real set up anyways it wont be noticed
b) its for one season then the actually good non league system is in place, noone will see it if they are starting in step 5 etc

2 minutes ago, ratio1618 said:

End of the day 

a) most people dont knwo the real set up anyways it wont be noticed
b) its for one season then the actually good non league system is in place, noone will see it if they are starting in step 5 etc

yeah that what i thought last year, for 1 season it was not worth going through all the trouble.

On 25/11/2020 at 22:25, BoyInGreen said:

Hi guys, I've managed to get Levels 7,8 and 9 fully working in the game, complete with accurate* promotion rules for this year, so that Vanarama N/S will have 24 teams next year, while the Level 7 leages will still have 22 teams, and all Level 8 and 9 leagues will have 20 teams. In addition, Level 8 has 7 subdivisions in 20/21 and 8 for 21/22, while Level 9 has 14 for 20/21 and 16 for 21/22, just like in real life. Teams in the three new levels are now entered into their accurate FA Cup and (for the first two) FA Trophy rounds as well. Please note that I have not added the league cups nor the FA Vase at this stage as I want to make sure that expansion to Level 9 was feasible first.

As few database edits were made for this file and no additional data objects as all were created, this file should be compatible with most editor data files.

If anyone has any comments, please feel free to let me know and everyone is more than welcome to use this file as a base for your own expansions. All I ask is that I am credited in the download post.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/1q3zu9bchgujzpf/England_Step_5.fmf/file

*Due to issues with calculating regional divisions in the editor, which effectively make inter-divisional playoffs impossible, promotion between Levels 8 and 9 is not strictly speaking accurate, though I believe the fix I have applied is keeping with the thinking behind the playoffs. Basically, there is no relegation from Level 8 for 20/21 only, while three teams are promoted from the Northern, North West Counties and Northern Counties East, one from the Wessex, Spartan South Midlands and Eastern Counties Leagues and two from the other leagues. The three leagues chosen to promote only one were picked on the basis on the reputation of the second-most reputable club in each division. While not ideal, this will allow for the accurate pyramid set-up for 21/22 onwards.

I have noticed Kidderminster Harriers U23's are in the Midland League Premier Division at the start of the game, I think that was a problem in FM20 also where the U23 team had to be removed.

I have not checked all the leagues but i noticed Histon & marlow was in the Northern league 1 midlands after the 1st season, i think they should be in one of the southern leagues.

Edited by lionel messi

Step 6 has now been added, completing the league structure for this file. The link can be found in the description. Future updates will focus on adding more cups (including the FA Vase), adding cities and stadia to clubs where this is missing, more accurate regional league allocation and adding awards to the newly added leagues. Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

• BoyInGreen changed the title to [FM21] BoyInGreen's English Pyramid (down to Step 6/Level 10)
6 hours ago, BoyInGreen said:

Step 6 has now been added, completing the league structure for this file. The link can be found in the description. Future updates will focus on adding more cups (including the FA Vase), adding cities and stadia to clubs where this is missing, more accurate regional league allocation and adding awards to the newly added leagues. Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

Wow, amazing work dude this si bloody incredible.

I will share this with whoever i can.

• BoyInGreen changed the title to [FM21] BoyInGreen's English Pyramid (down to Step 6/Level 10 + FA Vase)

Well done on getting this to work - is it possible to put Easington Colliery back into Northern League Division Two (and possibly Cirencester Town Development into Hellenic Div One West & Kidlington Reserves into Hellenic Div One East - and the four reserves into the Eastern Counties Div 1 North)? 

I've had a quick try to do it but get an error with the Nation Rules: English Eastern Counties First Division North: could not find rules for division with 21 teams 

EDIT - resolved it - needed to deduct the number of teams I added (7) from the number of extra lower division teams originally being added at the end of the 20/21 season to the Step 6 leagues (46).

Edited by AhMostyn
Fixed issue

47 minutes ago, AhMostyn said:

Well done on getting this to work - is it possible to put Easington Colliery back into Northern League Division Two (and possibly Cirencester Town Development into Hellenic Div One West & Kidlington Reserves into Hellenic Div One East - and the four reserves into the Eastern Counties Div 1 North)? 

I've had a quick try to do it but get an error with the Nation Rules: English Eastern Counties First Division North: could not find rules for division with 21 teams 

EDIT - resolved it - needed to deduct the number of teams I added (7) from the number of extra lower division teams originally being added at the end of the 20/21 season to the Step 6 leagues (46).

Further edit to add Retford to Northern Counties East D1

A further update has gone up tonight. This adds the league cups for Steps 3 and 4 from 21/22 onwards, and in addition the FA Cup qualifying rounds have been regionalised using the same number of groups as in real life. A number of bugs have also been fixed, including one where the three northern Step 5 leagues were not playable, as well as the missing teams mentioned by @AhMostyn above (The reserve teams have already been included in the appropriate leagues if you look in the Reserve teams section for each competition).

As always, the link can be found in the description and feedback is welcome!

6 hours ago, BoyInGreen said:

A further update has gone up tonight. This adds the league cups for Steps 3 and 4 from 21/22 onwards, and in addition the FA Cup qualifying rounds have been regionalised using the same number of groups as in real life. A number of bugs have also been fixed, including one where the three northern Step 5 leagues were not playable, as well as the missing teams mentioned by @AhMostyn above (The reserve teams have already been included in the appropriate leagues if you look in the Reserve teams section for each competition).

As always, the link can be found in the description and feedback is welcome!

Yo are an actual machine well done dude.

Am 25.11.2020 um 23:25 schrieb BoyInGreen:

Hi guys, I've managed to get Levels 7,8,9 and 10 fully working in the game, complete with accurate* promotion rules for this year, so that Vanarama N/S will have 24 teams next year, while the Level 7 leages will still have 22 teams, and all Level 8, 9 and 10 leagues will have 20 teams. In addition, Level 8 has 7 subdivisions in 20/21 and 8 for 21/22, Level 9 has 14 for 20/21 and 16 for 21/22 and Level 10 has 20 for 20/21 and 17 for 21/22, just like in real life. Teams in the top three new levels are now entered into their accurate FA Cup (where the qualifying round draws have been regionalised) and (for the first two) FA Trophy rounds as well. The FA Vase has also been added with regionalised rounds, albeit with the byes abstracted so that the best 32 clubs enter at the second round and the next base 32 enter at the first round. Also added from 21/22 onwards are league cups for Steps 3 and 4, including the group stage for the Alan Turvey Trophy.

As quite a few database edits were necessary to make Level 10 playable, this file may not compatible with some editor data files.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/kcriabs2tt5wle4/England_Step_6.fmf/file

*Due to issues with calculating regional divisions in the editor, which effectively make inter-divisional playoffs impossible, promotion between Levels 8 and 9 and between Levels 9 and 10 is not strictly speaking accurate, though I believe the fix I have applied is keeping with the thinking behind the playoffs. Basically, there is no relegation from Level 8 for 20/21 only, while three teams are promoted from the Northern, North West Counties and Northern Counties East, one from the Wessex, Spartan South Midlands and Eastern Counties Leagues and two from the other leagues. The three leagues chosen to promote only one were picked on the basis on the reputation of the second-most reputable club in each division. While not ideal, this will allow for the accurate pyramid set-up for 21/22 onwards.

Very impressive work - thank you very much! Tested it for a while with no occuring problems. Except for Alan Turvey Trophy, which seems to produce no past-winners-history.

12 hours ago, ghfkhfg987gjhgjhgg said:

Very impressive work - thank you very much! Tested it for a while with no occuring problems. Except for Alan Turvey Trophy, which seems to produce no past-winners-history.

The Alan Turvey Trophy was not included in the base game, so I had to create it from scratch, hence why there is no winner data. Adding competition history is something I would like to add, though at the moment it is down the priority list so to speak.

Meanwhile, I have added another update, accessible from the description above, this adds awards to Step 3 and adds cities, stadia and kits to any clubs in Steps 3 to 5 that were missing them.