Affiliate Club

Small thing.

So I am FC Bayern, ( go them to get to know the game mechanics and Coaching badges up to Gold ) and I asked for an affiliate club.

Season 3 Board said ok, been no since start, and I get Colchester. So, that might be ok, I expected a lower League German club, but no worries.

But, can we actually see in a menu anywhere who the Affiliated clubs are ? Thought they might be listed in General info, but can't see them?

TIA

4 hours ago, Marc Vaughan said:

That was where they were initially - there were issues with placing them there which weren't development related (ie. licencing).

yeah, no worries chief, once you know where it is it is fine. 

• SI Staff
28 minutes ago, AndrewDriverNo1 said:

Is it possible to cancel an affiliation with a club and are there any plans to allow us to choose our own affiliate clubs in the future? 

You can't cancel an affiliation presently - but you can choose not to take advantage of the benefits of it if you so choose.

I'll definitely consider allowing users to choose affiliates in the future - but there would have to be restrictions to prevent me selecting Barcelona as a Brighton feeder club obviously ;)

You can't cancel an affiliation presently - but you can choose not to take advantage of the benefits of it if you so choose.

I'll definitely consider allowing users to choose affiliates in the future - but there would have to be restrictions to prevent me selecting Barcelona as a Brighton feeder club obviously ;)

It would be great to be able to pick the affiliate, or maybe even just the League or level of affiliate you want, but I'm presuming that would be a big change that would take a while to get in the game. 

In the meantime, would it possible to get a Yes/No event to confirm the affiliation? Ie, "The board is planning to enter into discussions with Colchester about an affiliate arrangement. Do you feel they would make a good partner? Y/N". That way we wouldn't end up with affiliations we're never going to use.

I'm guessing some people will try and try again until they get a club that suits, and they may have collected a dozen that didn't fit! 😄 So if there was a way to say No before they became an affiliate, then it would prevent a long list of affiliate clubs in the 'offer player to clubs' section. Just an idea though.

• SI Staff

That's fair enough and I'll see what I can do - it won't be in the first couple of patches though as those will be resolving critical issues (and do also bear in mind I need to reacquaint myself with both sleep and my family after several months of working long hours getting the game ready for release :)).

3 hours ago, Marc Vaughan said:

That's fair enough and I'll see what I can do - it won't be in the first couple of patches though as those will be resolving critical issues (and do also bear in mind I need to reacquaint myself with both sleep and my family after several months of working long hours getting the game ready for release :)).

Thanks. I understand. Hope you get to step away for a while soon - as much as we all love FMM, family is more important.

This is most likely going to be a stupid question, but how to do I send my players on loan to my affiliate?

I can’t seen an option in ‘actions’, do I have to wait for the transfer window to open? I have no loan restrictions in place though.

1 hour ago, j0sharp said:

This is most likely going to be a stupid question, but how to do I send my players on loan to my affiliate?

I can’t seen an option in ‘actions’, do I have to wait for the transfer window to open? I have no loan restrictions in place though.

you do it like offering a player to other clubs, then there will be an action, loan to affiliate.

• SI Staff
30 minutes ago, AndrewDriverNo1 said:

Obviously number one choice would be to be able to pick our own, I haven’t once been offered a Scottish one yet 🙄 but could it be that at least we were only offered choices from loaded leagues? Seems pointless sending players to clubs who don’t play any fixtures.... 

I'll check but I believe you can be offered them in inactive leagues - as you'd expect they'll simulate matches while there (as the clubs own players do) so they will be active.

On 26/11/2020 at 23:06, Marc Vaughan said:

Isso é justo e verei o que posso fazer - não será nos primeiros dois patches, pois eles resolverão problemas críticos (e também tenha em mente que preciso me familiarizar com o sono e minha família após vários meses de longas horas de trabalho preparando o jogo para o lançamento :)).

Could you also think carefully about the possibility of paying to improve the facilities of the affiliated clubs? Since it makes perfect sense to want the best possible facilities available to my young player, even if I have to pay for it.

Sorry English, I'm using a translator.

• SI Staff
14 minutes ago, brunotoddy said:

Could you also think carefully about the possibility of paying to improve the facilities of the affiliated clubs? Since it makes perfect sense to want the best possible facilities available to my young player, even if I have to pay for it.

Sorry English, I'm using a translator.

If you can find an example of a club doing this in real-life then I'll consider putting it into the game.

PS - Your English is great ... google translate is pretty solid in the main, what I generally do is translate in both directions if it still comes out legibly then you know it's fairly solid (to translate say French to English, then put the English in and translate it back to French ... if its still understandable you know the translation is most likely sound).

12 hours ago, Marc Vaughan said:

If you can find an example of a club doing this in real-life then I'll consider putting it into the game.

PS - Your English is great ... google translate is pretty solid in the main, what I generally do is translate in both directions if it still comes out legibly then you know it's fairly solid (to translate say French to English, then put the English in and translate it back to French ... if its still understandable you know the translation is most likely sound).

Can you please help my board says they agree we should set up a new affiliated club but then nothing happens i look in finance screen and its all still the same 

Screenshot_20201202-050249_FM21 Mobile.jpg

Screenshot_20201203-003350_FM21 Mobile.jpg

6 hours ago, Marc Vaughan said:

They may not have been able to find one - I'll check to make sure the news item for that situation is working correctly (its fairly rare unless you're a small club).

Thank you Gloucester City where in the vanarama north at the start and i just moved into the conference but just find it strange there was not a single message back from the board to say something like they can't find anyone 

• 1 month later...

Hi there, I’ve come across a bug. I’ve taken over Udinese and the club has nine affiliate teams.

When loaning a player to an afíliate the maximum teams displayed in the widget is eight. Without the ability to see all teams (scroll bar?) or remove the affiliate relationship im unable to loan out players to that club.

it wouldn’t be a big deal but the ninth club is the only one that don’t pay their players in spaghetti as the rest of the teams are dreadful.

43B39B28-1536-4954-954E-08D4F94A0774.png

15A7D10B-1E53-4575-80D2-0A4BFE4E1601.png

7CC075F4-7AEF-4CFF-8D48-F59D4101171F.png

7AECDA69-934B-454D-9137-EEE0C3E5E947.png

On 11/01/2021 at 11:30, TheBallBoy said:

Hi there, I’ve come across a bug. I’ve taken over Udinese and the club has nine affiliate teams.

When loaning a player to an afíliate the maximum teams displayed in the widget is eight. Without the ability to see all teams (scroll bar?) or remove the affiliate relationship im unable to loan out players to that club.

it wouldn’t be a big deal but the ninth club is the only one that don’t pay their players in spaghetti as the rest of the teams are dreadful.

43B39B28-1536-4954-954E-08D4F94A0774.png

15A7D10B-1E53-4575-80D2-0A4BFE4E1601.png

7CC075F4-7AEF-4CFF-8D48-F59D4101171F.png

7AECDA69-934B-454D-9137-EEE0C3E5E947.png

Wow how have you got 9 clubs i have asked my board every 6 months and they wont agree past 5 it sucks as only 2 of them are any use to me and 1 of them is a parent club when i was lower league i have now passed the league and there is no use to them being part of my group now.   Really can't wait for an option to cancel links. 

4 ways that the affiliate programme can be improved 

1.  You can cancel links.

2 you can make a suggestion to the board who you would like to join up with.

3. You can request they look in a certain for a link and this in return can help you at the youth programme promotion at the start of the season as you may get a youngster from this country.

4.  You can set up a loan club that can help you get players work permits. 

I’ve got no idea mate. When I took over they already had them and I’ve never been able to get more than 5 in any of my other saves.

I agree with the first two. I think they’d be quick wins to significantly improve the afíliate option. The final two seem like a lot of work for the mobile version which is supposed to be a ‘light’ version of the game. 

• 1 month later...
  • SI Staff
11 hours ago, TheBallBoy said:

Hey Mark how’s it going. Was wondering if you had an estimated time when you think this will updated/fixed?

Hopefully the last update (with the January transfer data) should contain fixes for the affiliate stuff, I'm not sure if it included the option to remove affiliates or not off hand, but it should have fixed any other issues.

(if deleting existing affiliates is present then you'll be able to do it by going to the affiliates squad page and selecting 'remove affiliate' as an option either from their bottom bar or action menu depending on what skin you're using and the options available)

Hopefully the last update (with the January transfer data) should contain fixes for the affiliate stuff, I'm not sure if it included the option to remove affiliates or not off hand, but it should have fixed any other issues.

(if deleting existing affiliates is present then you'll be able to do it by going to the affiliates squad page and selecting 'remove affiliate' as an option either from their bottom bar or action menu depending on what skin you're using and the options available)

Doesn't seem to be present, at least I can't find a remove affiliate button anywhere. 

On 11/01/2021 at 17:50, Marc Vaughan said:
2 hours ago, Marc Vaughan said:

Ok chances are that'll be in the next update when the other transfer windows close, the issue where you had weird news with affiliates should be fixed in the current update.

Ok, thanks for the update. Appreciate it! 

• 1 month later...

Hello sir,

Is FM working on ‘choosing its own affiliate’ club?

I noticed that we barely offered affiliates from same nation league, I really want same nation league affiliates to grow my players.

For example, I need an affiliates with same level (EPL) or below (championship, league one, league two) affiliates.

• 4 weeks later...