[WIP] [FM21] England down to Level 11

1 minute ago, D3BU9 said:

Hey messi, SI has just released 21.3 database, will your fmf file be conflicted with the SI database? Seems that you make a lot of changes in database. Anyway, thank you, the rule is perfect.

I will be putting a update out soon.

There was a couple of duplicate teams in some of the leagues after the si update which i have now removed.

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

17 hours ago, ratio1618 said:

If there was a way to do an advanced search in the graphics folder you could find the total number of files in every "normal" folder for each logopack and compare.

Roughly 63,000 from the Metallic pack supplemented by 693 extra in the TCM pack (Italy & Turkey have a few more) then 61 from FMV (41 are the new English teams added in FM21) and then 970 from the Standard Pack (a number seem to be typos on ids but this seems to have a lot of the new NZ teams).

I think these four packs are updated on a reasonably regular basis & at different times from each other, so one or more is going to have logos that aren't in other packs - I like the Metallics, which is why they come first in my hierarchy. One pack is probably sufficient - unless of course you want to close off gaps in your obscure Syrian or Uzbeki teams...  

3 minutes ago, AhMostyn said:

Roughly 63,000 from the Metallic pack supplemented by 693 extra in the TCM pack (Italy & Turkey have a few more) then 61 from FMV (41 are the new English teams added in FM21) and then 970 from the Standard Pack (a number seem to be typos on ids but this seems to have a lot of the new NZ teams).

I think these four packs are updated on a reasonably regular basis & at different times from each other, so one or more is going to have logos that aren't in other packs - I like the Metallics, which is why they come first in my hierarchy. One pack is probably sufficient - unless of course you want to close off gaps in your obscure Syrian or Uzbeki teams...  

I was never able to get the club logos or competion logos you did for my database to work.

The cities worked though and the stadium pictures worked as well but the logos would not work, even took all my logos that i had out but still would not work.

I might download another logo pack to try and get it to work.

3 hours ago, AhMostyn said:

Dud ei want as many clubs as possible to have logos. I guess i will follow what you have done

So for clarity its just a case of downloading  each pack and then simply putting them in the graphics folder organized alphanumerically?

3 hours ago, lionel messi said:

*New update on 1st page*

Taken the sports interactive duplicate teams out.

Fixed a problem where alot of north west clubs was going into the wessex leagues due to the wrong division being set on league boundaries.

Bloody legend now i can finally play FM21!

22 minutes ago, ratio1618 said:

Dud ei want as many clubs as possible to have logos. I guess i will follow what you have done

So for clarity its just a case of downloading  each pack and then simply putting them in the graphics folder organized alphanumerically?

Yes

22 minutes ago, ratio1618 said:

image.png.fcfb76c7ce0bdbbd1924f3b9ead64625.png

That meeting was a absolute nothingburger

The leagues did nothing last year when the seasons were 75-80% complete so it's hardly surprising that this time around it's more of the same.  The obvious difference though is "curtailed" vs "null and void" which is the mistake they made last year.

It looks likely the 8th step 4 division re-structure will happen so at least there'll be some progress made but the step 1-2 re-structure will have to wait until the end of 2021/22.

Edited by andydick

2 minutes ago, andydick said:

The leagues did nothing last year when the seasons were 75-80% complete so it's hardly surprising that this time around it's more of the same.  The obvious difference though is "curtailed" vs "null and void" which is the mistake they made last year.

It looks likely the 8th step 4 division re-structure will happen so at least there'll be some progress made but the step 1-2 re-structure will have to wait until the end of 2021/22.

Its BS dont aim for a perfect pyramid and only complete the first part of it. Defeats the purpose, hopefuilly they can use this time to get it all started and Non league can start fresh next year with the new system 

hace 18 minutos, lionel messi dijo:

You need to enable add key staff when you start a new game.

oh i didn't know that i thought they would be created. is it normal that the lower division teams have generated players and not real ones? sorry for these newbie questions lol

7 hours ago, Xterno50 said:

oh i didn't know that i thought they would be created. is it normal that the lower division teams have generated players and not real ones? sorry for these newbie questions lol

Yes it is normal for the lower division teams to have generated players, to create the real ones would take forever to do.

20 hours ago, Xterno50 said:

In amateur football at that level, without contracts players come and go all the time anyway.

• 4 weeks later...

Good Evening, firstly really good work with this expansion. I am manager of Moreton Rangers who play in the Counties League (L10) and do not compete in the FA Cup but there are other L10 divisions (Andover Town) who do compete in FA Cup, is there a reason for this?

7 hours ago, Mattjohn said:

Good Evening, firstly really good work with this expansion. I am manager of Moreton Rangers who play in the Counties League (L10) and do not compete in the FA Cup but there are other L10 divisions (Andover Town) who do compete in FA Cup, is there a reason for this?

Some teams will and some teams wont at level 10.

I think its random or it could be setup where the best teams enter. I cant remember what i set it as.

On 29/03/2021 at 05:19, lionel messi said:

Some teams will and some teams wont at level 10.

I think its random or it could be setup where the best teams enter. I cant remember what i set it as.

Thank you, is there anyway to change this?

8 minutes ago, Mattjohn said:

Thank you, is there anyway to change this?

Not without messing about with the numbers which can be quite hard to get it right.

There is more teams in my FA Cup than normal (954)

There is only normally around (736)

Most teams in level 10 are entered in my file, only about 3 or 4 teams from each level 10 division are not entered.

It gets the best teams from each division at level 10 so one season you might get entered and the next season you might not.

1 hour ago, lionel messi said:

Not without messing about with the numbers which can be quite hard to get it right.

There is more teams in my FA Cup than normal (954)

There is only normally around (736)

Most teams in level 10 are entered in my file, only about 3 or 4 teams from each level 10 division are not entered.

It gets the best teams from each division at level 10 so one season you might get entered and the next season you might not.

I've just had quite a palava in my save. I played TEN matches in the FA Cup and was the season's highest scorer with 15 goals. Got knocked out in the First Round.

Almost every match - pre-qualifying round, 4 qualifying rounds and the first round went to replays. What with my water-logged pitch in addition, I was ten games behind everyone else in my league by the time New Year came around. That was in Level 10.

25 minutes ago, phnompenhandy said:

I've just had quite a palava in my save. I played TEN matches in the FA Cup and was the season's highest scorer with 15 goals. Got knocked out in the First Round.

Almost every match - pre-qualifying round, 4 qualifying rounds and the first round went to replays. What with my water-logged pitch in addition, I was ten games behind everyone else in my league by the time New Year came around. That was in Level 10.

What team are you?

I will update the file soon.

Im taking the Relegation stage out at Level 8 and the Promotion stage at Level 11 out.

History is not created for teams at this level due to these stages, also these levels cant be scouted either for some reason.

Im also changing the number of relegation places at Level 8 from 14 to 28, and the promotion places from 14 to 28 at Level 9.

Level 9 Relegation & Level 10 promotion will be changed slightly too.

Hi, how's leagues set up from season 21/22 in this db? Are the numbers of team then corrected so they will reflect the numbers usually in the different leagues? There's some leagues with odd numbers of teams, most of them because some team folded etc And will be replaced from 2021/22 by reducing numbers relegated this season and more getting promoted.

Apart obviously from those leagues mentioned that are restrcturing, I don't expect you have this up in your db? If so, a many thanks.

I am very thankful for your effort to make a good game much better!

14 minutes ago, l.s said:

Hi, how's leagues set up from season 21/22 in this db? Are the numbers of team then corrected so they will reflect the numbers usually in the different leagues? There's some leagues with odd numbers of teams, most of them because some team folded etc And will be replaced from 2021/22 by reducing numbers relegated this season and more getting promoted.

Apart obviously from those leagues mentioned that are restrcturing, I don't expect you have this up in your db? If so, a many thanks.

I am very thankful for your effort to make a good game much better!

I have tried to do it many times, i have tried to return the national league back to 24 for the following season as well as national south back to 22 and a few other leagues a bit further down the pyramid.

I have just not been able to get it to verify proper and there is always a problem with national league north/south.

I might have another go at it but i dont think it will work.

One thing that does happen after the end of the 1st season is the calendar returns back to normal with the season starting in august and replays in the FA competions.

6 hours ago, lionel messi said:

I have tried to do it many times, i have tried to return the national league back to 24 for the following season as well as national south back to 22 and a few other leagues a bit further down the pyramid.

I have just not been able to get it to verify proper and there is always a problem with national league north/south.

I might have another go at it but i dont think it will work.

One thing that does happen after the end of the 1st season is the calendar returns back to normal with the season starting in august and replays in the FA competions.

I managed to get this working on mine, the problem I had was level 10 verifying, probably because there arent enough teams after the restructure higher up. If you are going to look into this i'd happily send you my file.

I am going to use your file rather than spend more time trying to fix mine. I have had a look around and it looks quality, even better than previous years might I add. I have a few things I have noticed which I hope you don't mind me feeding back?

- Isthmian League Cup is now a group stage then knockout

- Essex Senior League has an additional league cup "Gordon Brasted Memorial Trophy"

- Collingham are missing a local region and City

Great work! Looking forward to playing.

Edited by aaronpassfield

1 hour ago, aaronpassfield said:

I managed to get this working on mine, the problem I had was level 10 verifying, probably because there arent enough teams after the restructure higher up. If you are going to look into this i'd happily send you my file.

I am going to use your file rather than spend more time trying to fix mine. I have had a look around and it looks quality, even better than previous years might I add. I have a few things I have noticed which I hope you don't mind me feeding back?

- Isthmian League Cup is now a group stage then knockout

- Essex Senior League has an additional league cup "Gordon Brasted Memorial Trophy"

- Collingham are missing a local region and City

Great work! Looking forward to playing.

yeah thats the problem getting all the teams to add up from one season to the next, i was only trying to put the national leagues numbers back to what they was but i could not get it to work.

I can have a look at your file if you wish.

Yes i left the isthmian league as it was just to make it easier to do.

I dont really want to more than 1 league cup in per league but feel free to put it in if you want to.

I will sort collingham out thanks.

If you notice any other things let me know.

Edited by lionel messi

44 minutes ago, lionel messi said:

yeah thats the problem getting all the teams to add up from one season to the next, i was only trying to put the national leagues numbers back to what they was but i could not get it to work.

I can have a look at your file if you wish.

Yes i left the isthmian league as it was just to make it easier to do.

I dont really want to more than 1 league cup in per league but feel free to put it in if you want to.

I will sort collingham out thanks.

If you notice any other things let me know.

Pitch sizes - There is a minimum and maximum outlined by FA and can be found in the Handbook . I noticed on previous games when this wasn't set some teams would use the 120 x 90 in game max which is huge.

http://handbook.fapublications.com/#!/book/36

image.png.cfd5387c844c2958f7cc634f69618e95.png

This is a fantastic achievement, but, to nitpick, the Premier League's full name is mis-named as "Premier Division".  The short name of "Premier League" is correct.

Bizarrely, everything is verified when I load the file, but attempting to make this trivial fix myself results in the file failing verification, apparently due to there being three too many teams in one of the U23 leagues.

4 hours ago, anon45 said:

This is a fantastic achievement, but, to nitpick, the Premier League's full name is mis-named as "Premier Division".  The short name of "Premier League" is correct.

Bizarrely, everything is verified when I load the file, but attempting to make this trivial fix myself results in the file failing verification, apparently due to there being three too many teams in one of the U23 leagues.

It verifys fine for me.

To be more precise, the file is verified when I open it in the editor, but when I ask the editor to re-verify it without having made any changes at all, it immediately declines to verify the Premier Division (aka Premier League), stating:

"ERROR IN NATION RULES"

"U23 Division 3, Number of teams in competition (23) doesn't match expected number of teams from rankings (20)."

All other levels (2-11) remain verified.

I'm not going to let it spoil my enjoyment, though.

Edited by anon45

17 minutes ago, anon45 said:

To be more precise, the file is verified when I open it in the editor, but when I ask the editor to re-verify it without having made any changes at all, it immediately declines to verify the Premier Division (aka Premier League), stating:

"ERROR IN NATION RULES"

"U23 Division 3, Number of teams in competition (23) doesn't match expected number of teams from rankings (20)."

This is a known error with the editor, there is a thread on it in the forum and fix which requires you to edit the .fmf files. Alternatively, you could download a real name fix from one of the fan sites or buy the in game editor and edit yourself when you start a save. Hope this helps.

Edited by aaronpassfield

41 minutes ago, anon45 said:

"ERROR IN NATION RULES"

I have changed the name on mine and verified no problem.

I have never seen that error before and i have not changed anything to do with U23 divisions.

3 hours ago, aaronpassfield said:

This is a known error with the editor, there is a thread on it in the forum and fix which requires you to edit the .fmf files. Alternatively, you could download a real name fix from one of the fan sites or buy the in game editor and edit yourself when you start a save. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the very helpful information Aaron.  

I can't find the thread in question using the search function; please could you point me in the right direction?

3 minutes ago, anon45 said:

Thanks for the very helpful information Aaron.  

I can't find the thread in question using the search function; please could you point me in the right direction?

Hello messi, I like that you are doing England, my favorite country for playing FM! I have some questions.

Is this update fully playable? Is it compatible with updates by pr0? 

I want to start new long term save. I see you update this file very often. Has it a lot of bugs? 

26 minutes ago, id99 said:

Hello messi, I like that you are doing England, my favorite country for playing FM! I have some questions.

Is this update fully playable? Is it compatible with updates by pr0? 

I want to start new long term save. I see you update this file very often. Has it a lot of bugs? 

This update is fully playable yes.

I dont know if it is compatible with updates by pro or not, you would have to try it.

I update the file often, i am constantly improving the file, it has no major bugs that i know of, you could test it for a while if you want to see if everything is good.

*Just updated the file to include ticket prices for levels 7-11 (alot of clubs dont have any set) also took press conferences out for levels 7-11*

In FM19 and FM20 I made careers with London Samurai Rovers from the dbs I got from this forum,on previous versions this team produced Japanese regens but this year that is not the case why did you get rid of that feature?

8 minutes ago, berk026 said:

In FM19 and FM20 I made careers with London Samurai Rovers from the dbs I got from this forum,on previous versions this team produced Japanese regens but this year that is not the case why did you get rid of that feature?

I have not done anything on my db to stop that, i dont why they are producing japanese re gens anyway.