[WIP] [FM21] England down to Level 11

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Messi, thank you for this amazing file that you produce year after year. I have been playing your 2019 file until now and it has worked flawlessly and given me hours of entertainment. The level of detail you put in makes for such an enjoyable save and it is reall appreciated.

Made a small donaton to your paypal so you can buy yorself a well deserved drink when things start looking up.

:applause:

15 minutes ago, henderj said:

Messi, thank you for this amazing file that you produce year after year. I have been playing your 2019 file until now and it has worked flawlessly and given me hours of entertainment. The level of detail you put in makes for such an enjoyable save and it is reall appreciated.

Made a small donaton to your paypal so you can buy yorself a well deserved drink when things start looking up.

:applause:

Very much appreciated, thankyou very much.

Anyone know or able to check if you can use a create-a-club for this type of save this year?

Last year you weren't able to with custom databases but if someone could check for us would be great.

Otherwise going to have to create using the editor which is a pain...

3 hours ago, Malicious Penguin said:

Love this Messi! Thank you - the only issue I've seen (and it's tiny) is Ludlow have similar coloured kits; the away kit should be blue (shirts/shorts/socks). 

Literally, the only "flaw" I've found so far!

Your welcome.

I will put this in on the next update or you can do it for yourself.

Am 27.12.2020 um 02:45 schrieb lionel messi:

Added missing kits to 10 of 20 Level 10 Leagues now.

Attendances done all the way down to Level 9 + Level 11 (some have none set at all and some have attendances set at 10,000)

I think all data down to Level 9 + Level 11 is fully complete now.

Just the 10 remaining Level 10 Leagues to do the missing kits for, + the facilities & attendances to do at Level 10.

I think in about another 3 days time i will be adding the Leagues to the structure and create the rules for them, promotion/relegation, playoffs, league boundaries etc etc.

Hi Messi, really great work, thank you very much! Have started a testrun with your file. Minor issue: created clubs Gobowen Celtic and Albrighton have attendences set at 10,000.

4 hours ago, ghfkhfg987gjhgjhgg said:

Hi Messi, really great work, thank you very much! Have started a testrun with your file. Minor issue: created clubs Gobowen Celtic and Albrighton have attendences set at 10,000.

I will fix that, if you notice anything else let me know.

Edited by lionel messi

On 05/12/2020 at 01:33, AhMostyn said:

No idea at this time, I just went through the new (& set to active) English teams in the default database, without any in-depth checking against real life leagues (there appear to be a fair few new level 10 teams added by SI, but whether that means all level 10 teams are now in the default db I don’t know - only got FM21 this morning).

As and when the db is released, then I’ll endeavour to cobble together a logo pack for the additional teams that are added.

Do you want to do the logo pack for this database for clubs & competions.

2 hours ago, postman123 said:

Hey Messi 

The logo pack would be the icing on the cake 

Thanks 

Chris 

I dont know how to do them but if there is anyone out there who wants to do them then that would be excellent.

Im using one from a few years back, but alot of the clubs at Level 11 are not done, plus some of the competions have changed sponsor names.

Edited by lionel messi

Thanks for this, it's much appreciated and the reason for me holding off purchasing the game until now.

Spent a few hours last night, looking to find a good Level 11 story and long term career save.

Only things I could possibly find were (could well be correct..) Annfield Plain FC had Adequate Facilities & Avg. 1000 attendance.  And Newcastle Blue Star a rather large stadium. Otherwise everything ran and looked good!

35 minutes ago, Dan_987 said:

Thanks for this, it's much appreciated and the reason for me holding off purchasing the game until now.

Spent a few hours last night, looking to find a good Level 11 story and long term career save.

Only things I could possibly find were (could well be correct..) Annfield Plain FC had Adequate Facilities & Avg. 1000 attendance.  And Newcastle Blue Star a rather large stadium. Otherwise everything ran and looked good!

I will look into that.

1 hour ago, Dan_987 said:

Yes that was there old stadium, i have now put the new stadium in which has a capacity of 1,000

1 hour ago, lionel messi said:

I will look into that.

I noticed all clubs in the wearside & shropshire Leagues had attendances set to 10,000 and had really good facilities.

I have fixed this now.

Discipline rules fixed.

Also added the new premier league sub rules of 3 from 9.

New update available very soon.

4 hours ago, lionel messi said:

Do you want to do the logo pack for this database for clubs & competions.

Give me a couple of days & I'll put something together - in the meantime I'd recommend that for those who haven't downloaded a logo pack which covers the teams that were already in the SI database, that they do so (a Google search for FM Logo Pack will bring back plenty of options - I like the metallic ones myself) as I'll only cover the ones you've added plus the new leagues.

1 hour ago, AndreaSSL said:

@lionel messi North West Counties League Division One North and South  have both 4 promotion spot. In your DB only the first classified get the promotion

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020–21_North_West_Counties_Football_League

I'm pretty sure that's a one-off for reorganisation.

4 hours ago, AndreaSSL said:

@lionel messi North West Counties League Division One North and South  have both 4 promotion spot. In your DB only the first classified get the promotion

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020–21_North_West_Counties_Football_League

Thats because there is a proposed structure change for next season.

Which im not doing .

27 minutes ago, lionel messi said:

How is everyone finding the database?

Is everything running good?

I  holidayed it for 30 seasons overnight and when in work and it all looks great, I'm no expert but the teams looked to be in the right leagues geographically etc

Only thing I noticed was that it doesn't record league history sometimes.  Stalybridge for example dropped down to level 8 and it just had the generic description of all 3 leagues below and it was blank for that season.  They did however play games so this seems purely cosmetic.

Great stuff Messi, thanks

Edited by Brother Ben

4 hours ago, Brother Ben said:

I  holidayed it for 30 seasons overnight and when in work and it all looks great, I'm no expert but the teams looked to be in the right leagues geographically etc

Only thing I noticed was that it doesn't record league history sometimes.  Stalybridge for example dropped down to level 8 and it just had the generic description of all 3 leagues below and it was blank for that season.  They did however play games so this seems purely cosmetic.

Great stuff Messi, thanks

I will have a look at this.

I thought all histories were created automatically.

Is it happening with other teams as well?

49 minutes ago, lionel messi said:

I will have a look at this.

I thought all histories were created automatically.

Is it happening with other teams as well?

Yeah here's a few just picked randomly.  It basically looks like it would if those levels weren't loaded but they are

https://i.gyazo.com/f6f83a5df05e1af96eea198418417ab4.png

https://i.gyazo.com/b20287d99660a76d5e389c0adf55d965.png

The leagues shown to be blank are seemingly random too.  Like I said though its purely cosmetic

Here's Margate in 2038/39, their history says they were in the tier below

https://i.gyazo.com/7cc9c823d87ccc4a9fa68108b6e4c3c0.png

https://i.gyazo.com/bbfca7bfc1e83f4ae9759bec117c3514.png

15 hours ago, Brother Ben said:

Yeah here's a few just picked randomly.  It basically looks like it would if those levels weren't loaded but they are

https://i.gyazo.com/f6f83a5df05e1af96eea198418417ab4.png

https://i.gyazo.com/b20287d99660a76d5e389c0adf55d965.png

The leagues shown to be blank are seemingly random too.  Like I said though its purely cosmetic

Here's Margate in 2038/39, their history says they were in the tier below

https://i.gyazo.com/7cc9c823d87ccc4a9fa68108b6e4c3c0.png

https://i.gyazo.com/bbfca7bfc1e83f4ae9759bec117c3514.png

Im looking at trying to fix this.

Is this mainly happening at Levels 7&8 or is it happening for Levels 9-11 also?

19 minutes ago, lionel messi said:

Im looking at trying to fix this.

Is this mainly happening at Levels 7&8 or is it happening for Levels 9-11 also?

I only ran down to level 9 so I'm not sure.  Maybe that made a difference?

Happy to put it on overnight again to find out for you

1 minute ago, Brother Ben said:

I only ran down to level 9 so I'm not sure.  Maybe that made a difference?

Happy to put it on overnight again to find out for you

Yes would be good to find out, im in the process of trying to do something to see if it fixes it.

Im using other stage actions and add history.

9 hours ago, AhMostyn said:

Club & Competition Logos for Messi's DB

Download here

Some sample screenshots:

ByPSUPhl.jpg

6O2Xbwhl.jpg

tMInOydl.jpg

What the pack contains
- English lower league team logos down to level 11 covering the added teams in Messi's database
- English lower league competition logos

What the pack does not contain
- No logos for those teams/competitions that are in the default SI database (i.e. those down to level 9 & most of level 10.) - there are plenty of existing logo packs available elsewhere on the internet, so there is no point in re-inventing the wheel & they're done to a far higher standard then I could ever hope for. If you don't already have the relevant logo pack, type "FM21 logo pack" into your search engine of choice and pick the style that appeals to you (personally the metallic style is a favourite of mine).

The quality of the logos is variable & depends on what I've been able to find on the internet/had already.

The filenames for the logos have team/competition names rather than the team ids - it is the config.xml in each folder which does the work of matching the team name to an id - in theory, this will allow people in future years to update only the config file to whatever values are assigned to the teams by Messi's next iteration rather than also have to go through and work out what logo is for what team & then adjust filenames.

*** NOTE - This pack has not been tried alongside any other custom databases - use of additional databases may change the ids of the teams within Messi's database and mean the config files no longer work correctly - in my game, the first of the created teams begin with the following ids & I'm hoping that everyone elses does as well otherwise the config.xml won't work properly ***

Qqn7fbyl.jpg

Installation instructions

Download the file using the link above.
Unzip the file using winrar or 7-zip or equivalent;
Copy the files to the default location on a PC -  \Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2021\graphics\pictures\ (I think the MAC equivalent is along the lines of Users\YOURNAME\Library\Application Support\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2021\graphics\pictures\);
Ensure that preferences are correctly set within FM21 - go to preferences -> advanced -> all and find the 'skin' section - untick the "Use caching to decrease page loading times" and tick the "Reload skin when confirming changes in preferences" boxes & then press "Confirm".

Im having trouble getting it to work, i must be doing something wrong in preferences.

This looks great and i'm going to give it a go.

Just one thing i have spotted - Euxton Villa - the ground is set as Runshall Hall Lane - it should be Runshaw Hall Lane 

My most local club so was just having a look with the idea of starting with them and spotted that. 

Glad to see someone else thinking of some West Lancs league action @batch.  My closest club is Bamber Bridge (about ten min walk away) but they are far to high to take me on so I have had a hankering for a Lostock St. Gerrard's save for some time :)

33 minutes ago, bazhsw said:

Glad to see someone else thinking of some West Lancs league action @batch.  My closest club is Bamber Bridge (about ten min walk away) but they are far to high to take me on so I have had a hankering for a Lostock St. Gerrard's save for some time :)

Probably Charnock Richard for me (just) but too high a level.

Live in Eccleston so the dream would be to get the Mid Lancs League in there for me to take Eccleston and Heskin FC to the top

3 hours ago, lionel messi said:

Im having trouble getting it to work, i must be doing something wrong in preferences.

Some things to check (and apologies if I'm repeating things you already know / have done) - has the unzipped folder gone somewhere like this:

FmismVG.jpg

Then the preferences within FM are as follows (the "Show screen IDs in Title Bar to assist skinning" is optional but might be needed if you're still not getting logos displayed - or the wrong logos for teams - as it will provide an indication as to if the config is being affected by additional db addons):

SL2uDt8.jpg

Let me know if this helps & if not we can work through other options.