How to prevent a Person being a Director at Game Start?

cwattyeso

Trying to play around with the FM21 Editor and one thing I want to do is change Edwin Van Der Sar from Director of Ajax into a Director of Football role instead, because ideally I'd like to sign him if I ever play as Manchester United. However when changing him from Director to Director of Football in the editor saving the data and then starting a new save he now appears as a Director with a secondary job as Director of Football at Ajax. I then tried just moving him to the United Team giving him a contract start date of 1/7/2019 and end date of 30/6/2023, saved the data again and started a new save and now he's Director at United with a secondary role of Director of Football. Where is the editor storing this Director info, and how do I remove it? I just want him to be an ordinary staff member who I can interact with.
If I try to edit the data so he is not attached to any club and therefore should be a free agent when the game starts, he doesn't appear in the database at all when you start a game.