[FM21] Octagon/Attribute Analyser help

_Ben_

Looking for some assistance on a small issue I've ran into please...

I'm trying to extend the analyser to encompass the following areas:

9b6b452b2cc4011c296bd679afb74510.png

(excuse the poorly worded attributes, I was thinking out loud)

But I can only get to this far:

e0d41e14616800279a16825a81688b3a.png

I have renamed all of the titles and added (what I believe to be) the correct short names for each attribute but I can't get it to work. The GK one is untouched, at present, and works, but this one does not.

I have attached the problematic xml if anyone would be kind enough to guide me/change the xml to something that does work!

Many thanks

player attribute analyser outfield.xml

9 hours ago, wkdsoul said:

If i remember right, they both have to be  the same. so update the g/k one as well .

Done that - now I have this for both goalkeepers and outfield players:

cfa5ec557148c817f9f77e0b03c05be5.png

If I'd got the strings wrong, I'd get it - but it's not even updated the names of the areas. A bit stuck here!

EDIT: Also, I don't want the GK to be the same as the outfield one as it doesn't include any goalkeeper attributes. I wanted to build another, separate one for the GK once I'd done the first one.

Edited by _Ben_

Title issue is caused by your translation ids - you need to find the ids that correspond to the text you are using, or change the line to a string one instead of translation and remove the translation stuff.

It might also be best to check against players who you have full knowledge on so you are sure it's a code issue.

5 hours ago, michaeltmurrayuk said:

Title issue is caused by your translation ids - you need to find the ids that correspond to the text you are using, or change the line to a string one instead of translation and remove the translation stuff.

It might also be best to check against players who you have full knowledge on so you are sure it's a code issue.

Got there in the end, thanks!
6e3f88d94c87b4afb5276a73cd29ac5c.png

I've been playing and it looks like, by removing the translation ID, I can name things however I want?

8fa649834d3e4262b55d0bba19af4b59.png

Is this likely to cause issues in the future?

---

Next job is to get the SciSports performance octagon on the profile. I've got the selector working but no octagon shows up, even after using the one shared by @bluestillidie00. Any ideas?

32 minutes ago, _Ben_ said:

I've been playing and it looks like, by removing the translation ID, I can name things however I want?

8fa649834d3e4262b55d0bba19af4b59.png

---

Next job is to get the SciSports performance octagon on the profile. I've got the selector working but no octagon shows up, even after using the one shared by @bluestillidie00. Any ideas?

When reanming the titles for each remove the translation_id="285374" for each one, leave the rest and jsut over type 'Defending' etc

2 hours ago, _Ben_ said:

---

Re: translation_id, if you plan on releasing the skin, it'll cause issues for people in other languages. The IDs there correspond to the language files, if you're not planning to then just bin them off.

Re: Performance graph, in the xG file you pointed to in the selector, it'll have this line on line 11.

<widget class="data_analyst_visualisation_widget" id="visU" hidden="true" visualisation_type="3" data_type="2"  category="5" file="player/tcs/selector/attribute/xg graph">

The bolded text is what you'll need to change. Either point it towards where you'll have the file, or move the file to that directory

5 minutes ago, bluestillidie00 said:

Re: translation_id, if you plan on releasing the skin, it'll cause issues for people in other languages. The IDs there correspond to the language files, if you're not planning to then just bin them off.

Re: Performance graph, in the xG file you pointed to in the selector, it'll have this line on line 11.

<widget class="data_analyst_visualisation_widget" id="visU" hidden="true" visualisation_type="3" data_type="2"  category="5" file="player/tcs/selector/attribute/xg graph">

The bolded text is what you'll need to change. Either point it towards where you'll have the file, or move the file to that directory

Ridiculous how I missed this! I have literally messed with every option inside the xG graph file and ensured that the selector panel pointed in the right place but missed this one. Now to just mess with the sizes.

Thanks so much.

---

R.E: Translation stuff. Not planning to release so no issues with that. Thanks

6 minutes ago, QP said:

@_Ben_

If It is possible can you share last version of the panel?

Will do once it's done!

38 minutes ago, bluestillidie00 said:

Any idea how to rename the strings?

71a877a7f635404c588559a9e9d010a7.png

I just want Dri/90 for example...

2 minutes ago, _Ben_ said:

Will do once it's done!

Any idea how to rename the strings?

71a877a7f635404c588559a9e9d010a7.png

I just want Dri/90 for example...

Not possible as far as I'm aware. Like i said originally, 

"It is very finicky and doesn't really work well so it'll only work in containers with tons of space." 

Any chance you can take a look when you're free mate? @michaeltmurrayuk

2 minutes ago, bluestillidie00 said:

Not possible as far as I'm aware. Like i said originally, 

"It is very finicky and doesn't really work well so it'll only work in containers with tons of space." 

Any chance you can take a look when you're free mate? @michaeltmurrayuk

Yeah, getting that impression now! I'd like it to take up a much smaller space by reducing the size of that string but that's not working at the moment. Thanks anyway and thanks in advance @michaeltmurrayuk if you have any luck!

@_Ben_

I tried the octagon based on your attribute listing in the op but there are couple of duplicates in there and that causes an issue with the line graphic, can you share the listing or the categories again?

On 30/11/2020 at 21:49, _Ben_ said:

Ridiculous how I missed this! I have literally messed with every option inside the xG graph file and ensured that the selector panel pointed in the right place but missed this one. Now to just mess with the sizes.

Thanks so much.

---

R.E: Translation stuff. Not planning to release so no issues with that. Thanks

Did you manage to place the analyse-graphic with goals/90 Minutes... into the player profile? At the moment I'm trying to put this analyse into the player comparison overview.xml instead of the graphical attribute-octagon, but unfortunately it won't appear in-game... :/

Screenshot 2020-12-04 at 23.51.18.png

Edited by Fritzle_1893

13 hours ago, QP said:

@_Ben_

I tried the octagon based on your attribute listing in the op but there are couple of duplicates in there and that causes an issue with the line graphic, can you share the listing or the categories again?

Not sure what you mean here? I can share the analyser panel if you want?

13 hours ago, Fritzle_1893 said:

Did you manage to place the analyse-graphic with goals/90 Minutes... into the player profile? At the moment I'm trying to put this analyse into the player comparison overview.xml instead of the graphical attribute-octagon, but unfortunately it won't appear in-game... :/

Yeah - I have the panel working from the 'small panel selector' on the player profile as seen below. It's pointless making it big at the moment because I can't change the text length to make the actual polygon a good size.

c08f5a1f86e33a7344f7c72fb7188945.png

--

IIRC when I was adding it - check in both of the xml files to make sure path names are correct and names are matching. That is what did me first time! Also - the container has to be large for it to be any use.

Could it be that this polygon compares to league average but comparison could be with anyone? i.e. the data isn't available for that player?

14 minutes ago, _Ben_ said:

Yeah - I have the panel working from the 'small panel selector' on the player profile as seen below. It's pointless making it big at the moment because I can't change the text length to make the actual polygon a good size.

c08f5a1f86e33a7344f7c72fb7188945.png

--

IIRC when I was adding it - check in both of the xml files to make sure path names are correct and names are matching. That is what did me first time! Also - the container has to be large for it to be any use.

Could it be that this polygon compares to league average but comparison could be with anyone? i.e. the data isn't available for that player?

At the moment I'm not that sure about the two xml files needed. The first is the one, I want to put the polygon in (player comparison overview.xml) and the second should be...?

It may be total nonsense, but I'm really new in editing skins and in my first try I just copied the section from the player coach reports.xml and put it into the player comparison overview.xml instead of the <!--Stats comparison graph-->:

<!--Stats comparison graph--> (hopefully <!--Stats compared to league --> soon)

<container>

<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="all" inset="0" apply_to_children="true" />

<widget class="player_additional_stats_panel" id="staP" file="player/player additional stats mini report">

<record id="object_property" get_property="objt" set_property="objt" />

</widget>

<widget class="data_analyst_visualisation_widget" id="visU" hidden="true" visualisation_type="3" data_type="2"  category="5" file="widgets/data analyst visualisation mini">

<record id="object_property" get_property="objt" set_property="objt" />

</widget>

</container>

<container class="main_box">

<layout class="arrange_vertical_attachment" layout="-1" offset="0" gap="8" />

<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="horizontal" apply_to_children="true" inset="0" />

I guess there is a problem with the path names as well, since I do not not where to find the correct path. :D

Screenshot 2020-12-05 at 13.24.57.png

On 05/12/2020 at 14:58, _Ben_ said:

Not sure what you mean here? I can share the analyser panel if you want?

Edit: Now fixed everything it works great, problem was the attribute ids i found the right ones and it works.

If anyone was searching for the analyser in the player comparison panel, it is player comparison attribute analyser outfield.xml

DimScreen_2020-12-07_02-48-29.png

Edited by QP

18 hours ago, QP said:

Edit: Now fixed everything it works great, problem was the attribute ids i found the right ones and it works.

If anyone was searching for the analyser in the player comparison panel, it is player comparison attribute analyser outfield.xml

DimScreen_2020-12-07_02-48-29.png

Is there any chance that you could upload your panel please?

On 29/11/2020 at 09:58, _Ben_ said:

Done that - now I have this for both goalkeepers and outfield players:

cfa5ec557148c817f9f77e0b03c05be5.png

If I'd got the strings wrong, I'd get it - but it's not even updated the names of the areas. A bit stuck here!

EDIT: Also, I don't want the GK to be the same as the outfield one as it doesn't include any goalkeeper attributes. I wanted to build another, separate one for the GK once I'd done the first one.

I have ended up in a similar position to you. I have everything how I want it, but I don't actually have the white lines on the polygon. Was the problem because you hadn't done the same for the goalkeeper or was it something else?

3 hours ago, EnigMattic1 said:

I have ended up in a similar position to you. I have everything how I want it, but I don't actually have the white lines on the polygon. Was the problem because you hadn't done the same for the goalkeeper or was it something else?

Did you put correct Ids of attributes into the player attribute analyser outfield.xml because the one in the op had wrong Ids.

18 minutes ago, QP said:

Did you put correct Ids of attributes into the player attribute analyser outfield.xml because the one in the op had wrong Ids.

I sorted it in the end. I had to make sure that the player comparison analyser and the player analyser had the same code

Another question kind of related to this...

I've seen @wkdsouland a couple of others manage to fit more than one polygon in the panel. How is that possible? I now think I can get it customised to what I want but have been unable to get two, or more, in the same panel. This is the example that I've been working from:

dfc960a8eaafbeda866cd9b86a54c734.png

15 minutes ago, _Ben_ said:

Another question kind of related to this...

I've seen @wkdsouland a couple of others manage to fit more than one polygon in the panel. How is that possible? I now think I can get it customised to what I want but have been unable to get two, or more, in the same panel. This is the example that I've been working from:

dfc960a8eaafbeda866cd9b86a54c734.png

Never have them in the same folder. stagger them down a few folder at a time. 

So player/hex 1

player/player/hex2

player/player/player/hex3

45 minutes ago, QP said:

Ah, thanks anyway though it looks really great.

If/when i get round to making a sking for 21 i'll prob give it a go again.  i'll give it a go, nbut you can try wozzies skin form last year that had a couple of hexs in one page.