How to extract continental club and international files from editor - tutorial

krlenjushka

22 minutes ago, krlenjushka said:

Many people ask how to extract files such as UEFA Nations League, EC qualifying, Copa America....

This is tutorial how you can do it.

Add some nation to file you want to extract. In this case ECQ - added country is Serbia.

Screenshot_182.thumb.png.e82d21db26eb22eb625ba58acc9f6e16.png

After that add nation rules ---> choose Serbia and select "Add lower divisions and cups".

Screenshot_183.thumb.png.5df037f33a8e3e3239ae7e3b17b0daa6.png

You will get Basic Rules screen - you need to convert to advanced rules.

Screenshot_184.png.959d8ea35a255318fcf6196dfefcdb09.png

When converted - you will get ECQ file at serbian nation rules list.

Screenshot_185.png.b649db22b5f641c7bc38926462667214.png

Go to the "list" section

Screenshot_186.png.69749e04b1e79343de9630901661747a.png

and mark all files except ECQ

Screenshot_187.thumb.png.0f5851a2e130b648d0ef1a35c9dacfe1.png

Click remove and you will have only ECQ file in your advanced list.

Screenshot_188.thumb.png.463cb3cc8a6ff96de432cfb1c6489db4.png

Now we must delete that 1 database change we created - we added nation to ECQ.

Go to Database Changes section, mark that one record and click remove.

After that click "reload ratabase and apply undeleted changes"

Screenshot_189.thumb.png.4847f35c6852d7aaa5ccdb05155e25f2.png

Now we have ECQ file in our advanced list without any database changes. Only thing left is to get rid of Nation Rules. For this we must edit xml file. First we need to save this file as xml.

Go to File---Export and export your file as xml file. Choose name of your file and save it at some location where you can find it :)

Screenshot_191.png.18844d4387d394a72544a31cced38310.png

I saved my file as ECQ.xml

Its located on display in my case. You need to open and edit this file manualy. Notepad ++ is good option for that.

When you open your file you will get something like this

Screenshot_192.png.b5afd916b31fd2406d131c4be740a0ec.png

Click somewhere at line 3 - "rule_group" line. Its start of Basic editor nation rules section. When you click somewhere on that line you will see red line Screenshot_193.png.00c6275ba15a51efe3211df8fea692d5.png

Scroll down with your mouse and you will see where that section (red line) ends. In this case its line 289.

Screenshot_194.png.a2b1cb8576718e4dc25c81ecb37692d9.png

We need to mark everything between line 3 and 289 (including those lines) and to delete it

Screenshot_195.png.b01b289a99b9d4f7778f39c1a1623136.pngScreenshot_196.png.cec00943d09dd6341dd8a79b5b0595b2.png

When you mark this just click backspace button at your keyboard and you will delete those lines (basic text editing -has nothing to do with FM).

You will get something like this:

Screenshot_197.png.c8f17119a9c687344601fadab7fd5f1d.png

Delete that empty line again with backspace button.

Screenshot_198.png.5c30468473962a342a0f601fa2cdd302.png

Go to File---> Save and save your file.

Thats it. Now you have extracted ECQ file without anything else. You can load(import) it to editor if you wanna change something.

Thank You so much

Thank you very much Krlenjushka ! I've  seen it works with a nation like Serbia.

I have a question though. I have created my own nation (like the Isle of Man) in basic rules, I have added a nation (mine) to the UEFA Nations League, and then I converted the rules in advanced rules. But the Nations League doesn't appear in my nation advanced rules list. How did you do that for the Isle of Man file ?

Edited by Monsi9958

I created that Nations league file before i did everything else. This have nothing to do with your fictional nation. After you extract nations league file - you can add it to your fictional nation xml file (best way is to manualy copy to xml competitions list using notepad ++) and solve all other issues related to registered teams list...

BTW i just realized i made typo in threads name.  @Wolf_pdcan you fix i? :)

• Wolf_pd changed the title to How to extract continental club and international files from editor - tutorial
On 29/11/2020 at 10:12, krlenjushka said:

Many people ask how to extract files such as UEFA Nations League, EC qualifying, Copa America....

This is tutorial how you can do it.

Add some nation to file you want to extract. In this case ECQ - added country is Serbia.

On 29/11/2020 at 10:12, krlenjushka said:

Where do you find files for ECQ and that?

7 minutes ago, krlenjushka said:

Just read this tutorial. If you cant figure out this with my tutorial and pictures - there is no way how can i explain it to you.

The only thing i dont know is how to set a nation like Champions League to Serbia

Edited by JorgenSrna

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the tutorial. The funny thing about the European Championships Qualifying is that there's no stage in it. :lol: To be fair, there wasn't any in previous versions of FM as far as I know. So my question is a bit tangential to the topic of the thread: let's say I would like to add or actually remove countries from Europe without having to redo all the international and continental competitions from scratch. For example, I want to resurrect Czechoslovakia, so I would need to remove the Czech Republic and Slovakia before adding Czechoslovakia: in total, I would have one less nation in Europe. With an example such as Czechoslovakia, I would have one less group with 6 teams but keep everything the same otherwise. I cannot edit the Stages rules because there is no Stages rules to be edited. Do you think just editing the Registered Teams list be enough to solve this problem? When I mean "Registered Teams" list, I mean this screen below. Thanks in advance.

editor_2020-12-27_10-23-38.thumb.png.853aa1528466a2f2635c03e6a5c743dc.png

Edited by Xavier Lukhas

2 hours ago, Xavier Lukhas said:

Thanks for the tutorial. The funny thing about the European Championships Qualifying is that there's no stage in it. :lol: To be fair, there wasn't any in previous versions of FM as far as I know. So my question is a bit tangential to the topic of the thread: let's say I would like to add or actually remove countries from Europe without having to redo all the international and continental competitions from scratch. For example, I want to resurrect Czechoslovakia, so I would need to remove the Czech Republic and Slovakia before adding Czechoslovakia: in total, I would have one less nation in Europe. With an example such as Czechoslovakia, I would have one less group with 6 teams but keep everything the same otherwise. I cannot edit the Stages rules because there is no Stages rules to be edited. Do you think just editing the Registered Teams list be enough to solve this problem? When I mean "Registered Teams" list, I mean this screen below. Thanks in advance.

editor_2020-12-27_10-23-38.thumb.png.853aa1528466a2f2635c03e6a5c743dc.png

Withou further testing i cant answer this. For example - back in fm15 or fm16 - not sure - i tested champions league with different number of countries in europe.  With 49-54 countries in europe - CL and EL worked somehow. On next version that number was different.

My opinion - you need to re-do everything related to that country. 1 more/less country is very big deal for many comps so best option is to make everything from scratch.

Thats why this is very difficult - people always ask those kind of questions.

About ECQ - its like this for many years i think. Its probably hardcoded somehow. Some other comps are also set like that.

Take a look at similar threads here - people wants to swap 1 country and they have to change lot of things. Imagine what you have to do in order to decrease number of nations.

il y a 13 minutes, krlenjushka a dit :

With 49-54 countries in europe - CL and EL worked somehow. On next version that number was different.

Thanks for your answer. I guess one day I'm bored enough I'll try to see if it works, but as usual I'm not holding my hopes up. I'll quote this part just to say that last time I've checked the CL rules, they use a flexible amount of teams instead of a fixed one, hence why it tends to work most of the time. At least that's what I remember.

3 minutes ago, Xavier Lukhas said:

Thanks for your answer. I guess one day I'm bored enough I'll try to see if it works, but as usual I'm not holding my hopes up. I'll quote this part just to say that last time I've checked the CL rules, they use a flexible amount of teams instead of a fixed one, hence why it tends to work most of the time. At least that's what I remember.

Its always best to re-do everything. Without that you need to test everything and thats almost imposible. You cant know all possible scenarios and what can go wrong.

Anyway its not easy to mess with this kind of files because you have lot of hardcoded things...

Apologies for more questions, but I followed the instructions as such trying to export the European World Cup Qualifiers and with Serbia (as displayed in the pictures above) and when converting to advanced rules, it doesn't load the Euro WCQ at all.

I don't know if I'm missing a step or that I'm dumb 😂 but I tried this with China and South Korea to have the U-19 Asian Qualifiers and also failed :/

image.png.e1fdd2fc1d0b59a7c15897faa337ed84.png

Edited by Il_Maestro
Photo as proof.

1 minute ago, krlenjushka said:

Hmm i will let you to decide :D

Indeed, I am dumb :D

Another thing, can the original tournament be changed for another one? Let's say, we have the U-19 Asian Tournament as the original tournament, is it possible to change it for the U-16 Asian Tournament?

Oh, and how do I delete two nation rules for two different tournaments in the same Notepad++ file? Is it the same as deleting just one rule (as stated in the pic above)?

Apologies for these questions, I'm hooked up with this discovery :P

1 minute ago, Il_Maestro said:

Another thing, can the original tournament be changed for another one? Let's say, we have the U-19 Asian Tournament as the original tournament, is it possible to change it for the U-16 Asian Tournament?

Im not sure i understand this. If you wanna change that comp to u-16 - you can try. Never tried anything similar.

3 minutes ago, Il_Maestro said:

Oh, and how do I delete two nation rules for two different tournaments in the same Notepad++ file? Is it the same as deleting just one rule (as stated in the pic above)?

Apologies for these questions, I'm hooked up with this discovery :P

If you wanna add 2 or more nation rules to 1 file (if this is your question) - then yeah its the same. And yeah you can have mutiple nation,continental or international rules in one editor file. Only without basic rules part. BTW in previous years i discovered that several bugs are related to basic rules - when i deleted that from xml - everything was ok.

1 minute ago, krlenjushka said:

Im not sure i understand this. If you wanna change that comp to u-16 - you can try. Never tried anything similar.

Indeed, I want to recreate the U-17 WC but since the game doesn't allow U-17 NT, I'll do it with U-18 NT plus a -2 year offset (which gives the effect of an U-17 NT).

So far, I've managed to do the South American, North American and Oceanic U-17 (U-18) Qualifies but I'm having a hard time trying to recreate European, African an Asian tournaments from scratch.

I really need some help in terms of rule creation and everything that lays with it, so if you are interested on helping me out, I'd appeciate it for sure.

Oh, and tested the SA, NA and Oceanic tournaments and now the game spawns more 15 yo than ever before :o

1 hour ago, Il_Maestro said:

I really need some help in terms of rule creation and everything that lays with it, so if you are interested on helping me out, I'd appeciate it for sure.

Sorry but really dont have time for that. I can help only with some advice.

• 2 weeks later...
Le 27/12/2020 à 13:14, krlenjushka a dit :

Its always best to re-do everything. Without that you need to test everything and thats almost imposible. You cant know all possible scenarios and what can go wrong.

Anyway its not easy to mess with this kind of files because you have lot of hardcoded things...

As a side note, I tried editing the default rules except for the U21/U19 UEFA competitions. Basically everything works... except the UEFA European Championship Qualifiers never get scheduled. The main competition still works regardless apparently for some reason, but the qualifiers do not. That being said, the format I used for the Nations League may be at fault as well. While you're still right, it's better than my past experiences on previous FMs where the game would just crash around the scheduling dates. Recent FMs really are more resilient to changes and modifications, that's pretty great.

Thanks for the post krlenjushka. I'd figured out the first half of this but would have never known what part of the tect to edit without this tutorial, so very helpful. 

I've got a question that I haven't seen answered anywhere- perhaps it's impossible to do.

Is it possible to edit the advanced rules of a continent so that you can reassign the number of clubs assigned to each continental competition from each nation?

This tutorial allows you to make advanced changes to the continental competitions themselves, including the stages, prize money, ect. but doesn't let you change which teams qualify for the competition. I know it's possible to recreate the European club qualification system from scratch, which others have done, but this doesn't consider the coefficient of each nation. What I'm looking to do is edit the existing qualification system. 

Any advice? Many thanks in advance.

33 minutes ago, L55DS said:

Is it possible to edit the advanced rules of a continent so that you can reassign the number of clubs assigned to each continental competition from each nation?

This tutorial allows you to make advanced changes to the continental competitions themselves, including the stages, prize money, ect. but doesn't let you change which teams qualify for the competition. I know it's possible to recreate the European club qualification system from scratch, which others have done, but this doesn't consider the coefficient of each nation. What I'm looking to do is edit the existing qualification system.

Unfortunately - no.  This system is hardcoded and cant be edited.

3 minutes ago, krlenjushka said:

Unfortunately - no.  This system is hardcoded and cant be edited.

Thanks very much for the reply. A short follow up.

Re-creating the qualification system is probably the only way then. However, that causes a bug that...bugs me. 

This database does just this, but the completed leagues no longer show which teams have qualified for which continental competition. The author of that database suspects it's to do with the continental coefficients. Have you any idea how these can be maintained if a new European continental qualification system is created? Do you know what causes these 'statuses' to display? 

image.png.9ef105bbf317ea7e65d56e4325435877.png

• 2 months later...

krlenjushka,  thank you for posting this. 

This is my first season trying advanced rules.  Thanks to helpful posts like this and individuals who have taken the time to help me in posts and PMs I've had success with domestic leagues.  My next goal is to learn how to edit UEFA Champions & Europa Leage and then World Cup and major continental international comps (Euros, Copa America, African Cup of Nations) and their qualifiers. 

I had a terrible time following "simple" instructions!   I am not at all experienced in anything like this.  I FINALLY was able to succesfully complete the process.   I thought I might share some of the mistakes I made along the way in hopes it might help someone else who is making the same mistakes I made. 

First mistake I made following the instructions is when I got to this step

On 29/11/2020 at 04:12, krlenjushka said:

Now we must delete that 1 database change we created - we added nation to ECQ.

Go to Database Changes section, mark that one record and click remove.

After that click "reload ratabase and apply undeleted changes"

I didnt see the "reload database and apply undeleted changes" was on the screen where I removed the change.  Instead of clicking on that ON THAT VERY SCREEN, I I went to the top left File menu and selected Load Database.  

Second BIG mistake I made was that I didn't know that Notepadd++ was a different program from the default Notepad on my computer.  I couldn't figure out why I didn't get the red line krlenjushka's instructions showed.  I kept trying to figure out how much to cut out and never got it right.  

I think those were the two big "failing to follow simple instuctions" mistakes I made.  There were probably several others that I'm forgetting.  

I was able to succesfully export and load/important the UEFA Champions League, but it seems I can't do the one thing I wanted to do - change the Squad Registration rule.  I wanted to either increase the 25 player max and/or make U21's eligible without being registered.  

If anyone knows how to do this, I'd appreciate assitance.

I am going to attempt to repeat this process with the World Cup Finals, Qualifiers and maybe European Finals/Qualifying and Copa America to increase substituttes to 5+1.   

Again, if anyone has any suggestsion, including "that cant be done" I'd apprecaite it.

Thanks again to all those who have been generous with their time and sharing their knowledge.   

21 hours ago, DominicForza said:

krlenjushka,  thank you for posting this. 

This is my first season trying advanced rules.  Thanks to helpful posts like this and individuals who have taken the time to help me in posts and PMs I've had success with domestic leagues.  My next goal is to learn how to edit UEFA Champions & Europa Leage and then World Cup and major continental international comps (Euros, Copa America, African Cup of Nations) and their qualifiers. 

I had a terrible time following "simple" instructions!   I am not at all experienced in anything like this.  I FINALLY was able to succesfully complete the process.   I thought I might share some of the mistakes I made along the way in hopes it might help someone else who is making the same mistakes I made. 

First mistake I made following the instructions is when I got to this step

I didnt see the "reload database and apply undeleted changes" was on the screen where I removed the change.  Instead of clicking on that ON THAT VERY SCREEN, I I went to the top left File menu and selected Load Database.  

Second BIG mistake I made was that I didn't know that Notepadd++ was a different program from the default Notepad on my computer.  I couldn't figure out why I didn't get the red line krlenjushka's instructions showed.  I kept trying to figure out how much to cut out and never got it right.  

I think those were the two big "failing to follow simple instuctions" mistakes I made.  There were probably several others that I'm forgetting.  

I was able to succesfully export and load/important the UEFA Champions League, but it seems I can't do the one thing I wanted to do - change the Squad Registration rule.  I wanted to either increase the 25 player max and/or make U21's eligible without being registered.  

If anyone knows how to do this, I'd appreciate assitance.

I am going to attempt to repeat this process with the World Cup Finals, Qualifiers and maybe European Finals/Qualifying and Copa America to increase substituttes to 5+1.   

Again, if anyone has any suggestsion, including "that cant be done" I'd apprecaite it.

Thanks again to all those who have been generous with their time and sharing their knowledge.   

is it possible for you to share the files you created doing this? Thank you!

Yes. If/when I've succeeded and tested them.  Or I can send you my work in progress and try em out...at your own risk!

I do hope to be able to pass along what others have helped me with.  I am...hesitant to share files yet, cuz I'm really just learning myself.  

Edited by DominicForza
added info

7 hours ago, DominicForza said:

Yes. If/when I've succeeded and tested them.  Or I can send you my work in progress and try em out...at your own risk!

I do hope to be able to pass along what others have helped me with.  I am...hesitant to share files yet, cuz I'm really just learning myself.  

if you like you can send it to me.I only want to use it for my own personal database.Thank you!

• 3 weeks later...
En 10/12/2020 a las 16:56, Jas80 dijo:

How can I set fixture rules for Champions League?
I extracted the xml but I can't find fixture rules.
I want to edit the registration rules.

I'm insteresting in this. It's possible to set real groups?

• 3 months later...

So i followed every step you did but when i opened up notpad++ i had some stuff there u dident have (pic2), but i deleted stuff like u did(pic2 is after i deleted it). Then i tried to import i back to the editor and then this happens (pic1). Have i done something wrong or? 

Skjermbilde (156).png

Skjermbilde (157).png

1 hour ago, JorgenSrna said:

So i followed every step you did but when i opened up notpad++ i had some stuff there u dident have (pic2), but i deleted stuff like u did(pic2 is after i deleted it). Then i tried to import i back to the editor and then this happens (pic1). Have i done something wrong or? 

Skjermbilde (156).png

Skjermbilde (157).png

You probably deleted something. Often case when you use manual text editing.

On 09/08/2021 at 16:26, krlenjushka said:

You probably deleted something. Often case when you use manual text editing.

Well i have tried it again sometimes and as you can see i get (down under) and i see you dont have that, can that mby be why i get the problem?

<boolean id="verf" value="false"/>
    <integer id="vrvr" value="0"/>
    <record id="rule_group">
        <unsigned id="id" value="1919706994"/>
        <integer id="nation" value="802"/>
        <unsigned id="version" value="2768"/>
        <list id="required_teams">

Skjermbilde (164).png

4 horas atrás, JorgenSrna disse:

Well i have tried it again sometimes and as you can see i get (down under) and i see you dont have that, can that mby be why i get the problem?

<integer id="vrvr" value="0"/>
    <record id="rule_group">
        <unsigned id="id" value="1919706994"/>
        <integer id="nation" value="802"/>
        <unsigned id="version" value="2768"/>
        <list id="required_teams">

Skjermbilde (164).png

You haven't seen the instruction correctly.

You need to delete all the record.

Starting in         <record id="rule_group">

to         </record> located before the line     <list id="files">

After this, the file have to be like this

<record>
    <list id="verf"/>
    <list id="files">
        <record>

in the beginning.

Hi

The new fifa club world cup is ruining my enjoyment of my edited European competitions file.

If I follow the instructions above (at the beginning of this thread), can I change the fifa club world cup format back to how it was originally (before 2021)? I don't like the new format where it plays every 4 years using 24 teams. I want to go back to the 7 team format. And if I can do that can I incorporate them into my current edited file of European competitions, or does that have to be treated separately (ie load 2 edt files at the start of a new career save setup)?

Thanks in advance for any help and direction.

On 16/08/2021 at 18:07, cleiria said:

You haven't seen the instruction correctly.

You need to delete all the record.

Starting in         <record id="rule_group">

to         </record> located before the line     <list id="files">

After this, the file have to be like this

<record>
    <list id="verf"/>
    <list id="files">
        <record>

in the beginning.

Well in the beginning i get 

<record>