Help with an obscure Nation

I'm managing Southport (won the Vanarama North League in my first season and am top the of the Vanarama National) and for a laugh I applied for the Togo manager job.

I've been offered it and accepted it but I've just found out they have about 40 players that are anything like decent (and by decent i mean players with two legs etc ) really and I was wondering if there is a way I can load all players from that Nation into the game to give me a better pool of players to pick from or is this just what happens when you manage a no mark country ?

Before I get slagged off by people on here for being rude, I am not being nasty to Togo and or its people I'm simply asking if there is a way to at least make them more competitive without it being a farce !?

If I'm not able to widen the national pool then I think in future I would only apply for National jobs if they are at least better represented in the player pools

Hope somebody can help

6 minutes ago, leetomo30 said:

I'm managing Southport (won the Vanarama North League in my first season and am top the of the Vanarama National) and for a laugh I applied for the Togo manager job.

I've been offered it and accepted it but I've just found out they have about 40 players that are anything like decent (and by decent i mean players with two legs etc ) really and I was wondering if there is a way I can load all players from that Nation into the game to give me a better pool of players to pick from or is this just what happens when you manage a no mark country ?

Before I get slagged off by people on here for being rude, I am not being nasty to Togo and or its people I'm simply asking if there is a way to at least make them more competitive without it being a farce !?

If I'm not able to widen the national pool then I think in future I would only apply for National jobs if they are at least better represented in the player pools

Hope somebody can help

You could always look for a Togo league file and hope you get some regens who come through. If anything it will expand the amount of players you can manage.

Also look at players you can try to persuade to represent Togo who have dual nationalities etc.

2 minutes ago, leetomo30 said:

Thanks for that, so what would a togo league file look like and where might i find one, hint hint

Either in here if anyone has done the African leagues yet which they might not have or it might be stable but if you look in here you might something.

https://community.sigames.com/forum/834-editors-hideaway-download-forum-fm21/

Either that or try https://www.fmscout.com/ or https://sortitoutsi.net/ as they might have something in there.

Also if you go into Steam then click on FM2021 and then click on Workshop you could search for a Togo league file in there.

Right thanks to you being a genius i think ive managed to find a togo league database and ive downloaded it (found it in a massive database file called Megapack by Timo on here)

Ive singled out the Togo database and ive gone in and created a database folder in my FM21 file so how do i now make that active.

I'm assuming that nothing will become active until the following season either way but a little more help would be amazing

Cheers

15 minutes ago, leetomo30 said:

Right thanks to you being a genius i think ive managed to find a togo league database and ive downloaded it (found it in a massive database file called Megapack by Timo on here)

Ive singled out the Togo database and ive gone in and created a database folder in my FM21 file so how do i now make that active.

I'm assuming that nothing will become active until the following season either way but a little more help would be amazing

Then in your game you go into add leagues and you should be able to add the Togo league but yeah it will not be active for a while. 

Cheers

Whenever you download a database file you put it in the editors data folder.

So basically go into your file explorer on your computer/laptop then click on documents then click on Sports Interactive. Then click on Football Manager 2021 and then finally into the editors files folder. If you don't have a editors data folder just add one in the Football Manager folder.

Edited by Ronaldo Beckham

• 1 month later...

I'm currently managing Ghana in FM17, I'm hoping to win the African Cup of Nations (probably my favorite international tournament after the World Cup) then get a good World Cup run. I highly recommend it as a save. I'm not managing any clubs just now but I might if I get offers, I have a load of African leagues loaded. I'm surprised they offered you the job though, everyone's been making a big deal out of my manager not being Ghanaian.