Football Manager 2021 Touch Compatible Devices

• SI Staff

The FM21 Touch Compatible Devices list for iPad and Android is now available here: https://www.footballmanager.com/news/fm21-touch-compatible-devices

Please accept our apologies for the list being published later than usual this year. We always aim to ensure that any device included on this list has been thoroughly tested to ensure it runs the game to a level we're satisfied with, and unfortunately the COVID-19 situation and the fact we're all working remotely without easy access to all our available devices has made that much more difficult this year, with devices regularly having to be couriered between different members of the team for development and testing.

Please note that if your Android tablet isn't on this list, it may not necessarily mean it cannot run the game, it just means we can't guarantee being able to offer support for it, though we will always try our best to do so in the bugs forums.

Hi I have the Huawei Mediapad m5 8.4, despite it being on the compatibility list last year, people were getting the 'not compatible with your device' message on Google play. Do you know if the issue is definitely sorted? 

I was able to download it, but the thread in which people were discussing the problem, ended, without a clear resolution 

25 minutes ago, Alex Pitt said:

Please note that if your Android tablet isn't on this list, it may not necessarily mean it cannot run the game, it just means we can't guarantee being able to offer support for it, though we will always try our best to do so in the bugs forums.

Does this mean I'll be able to buy it from the play store even though it's not technically supported?

What about the new SAMSUNG Galaxy Tab Α7 10.4'' ? It is has better specs than other Samsung devices in the list ( 3GB RAM ).

In addition , which version of Huawei T5 is supported? There are versions with 2, 3 and 4 GB RAM. 

3 minutes ago, Gerara said:

What about the new SAMSUNG Galaxy Tab Α7 10.4'' ? It is has better specs than other Samsung devices in the list ( 3GB RAM ).

In addition , which version of Huawei T5 is supported? There are versions with 2, 3 and 4 GB RAM. 

My Tab S6 Lite has 4GB of RAM and much better processor than at least half of the android devices.

Perhaps SI have to test these devices personally, and didn't have the A7 and the S6 Tab Lite.

Here's hoping.

• SI Staff
1 minute ago, shaunwwfc said:

Perhaps SI have to test these devices personally, and didn't have the A7 and the S6 Tab Lite.

Here's hoping.

Exactly this - we're hoping to add these two soon but those two in particular have slightly different chipsets to the other Samsungs we have so we don't want to add them until we've been able to test them thoroughly.

48 minutes ago, SaintPaul said:

Hi I have the Huawei Mediapad m5 8.4, despite it being on the compatibility list last year, people were getting the 'not compatible with your device' message on Google play. Do you know if the issue is definitely sorted? 

It's really difficult for us to say unfortunately as it was an issue on Google's side - all we can say is the device runs the game well and it is showing as supported in the Google Play console. If anyone encounters the same issue again this year we will chase it with Google to see if we can find a resolution.

34 minutes ago, Sc0ttzilla said:

Does this mean I'll be able to buy it from the play store even though it's not technically supported?

Yes, potentially, but please remember you buy the game for a device not on our compatible list at your own risk and we cannot guarantee support if there are issues with the game on that device.

28 minutes ago, Gerara said:

We've tested on the 3GB version - the 2GB version should run the game OK, but at 16GB its internal storage is a bit on the low side: https://www.gsmarena.com/huawei_mediapad_t5-9412.php

15 minutes ago, Alex Pitt said:

Yes, potentially, but please remember you buy the game for a device not on our compatible list at your own risk and we cannot guarantee support if there are issues with the game on that device. 

Fair play, on a Lenovo Duet and it runs 20 like an absolute dream so will cross my fingers 

50 minutes ago, Alex Pitt said:

Exactly this - we're hoping to add these two soon but those two in particular have slightly different chipsets to the other Samsungs we have so we don't want to add them until we've been able to test them thoroughly.

Thank you for replying Alex and confirming the position on it.

If you do get chance to test, I would be most grateful!

• SI Staff
5 hours ago, Keyzer Soze said:

Are all the new features the ones already point out in the FMT page? 

Nothing new in terms of nation limits for the android/ios version? 

Or perhaps an increase in the seasons limit? 

Editor? 

Not the right thread for this question, but no to all of those questions I'm afraid.

1 hour ago, EVH5150 said:

My Amazon Fire HD10 tablet is not listed in the compatibility list, but the Play Store says it is compatible, and allows me to make a purchase. Can you advise? Thanks!

Wouldn't want to speak for SI and confirm anything but I've had touch 20 working on my dad's fire HD 8 through the playstore without any issue. The match graphics are very low on it but it's definitely more than playable, especially in 2d

• SI Staff
1 hour ago, EVH5150 said:

My Amazon Fire HD10 tablet is not listed in the compatibility list, but the Play Store says it is compatible, and allows me to make a purchase. Can you advise? Thanks!

That's news to us as FM21 Touch doesn't support any Amazon Fire tablets! Basically it's a case of buy at your own risk as we can't guarantee the game will run well, or at all, on an Amazon device.

I am so happy that the game finally  plays on my Sony Z4 tablet fine so far. I bought this device several years ago in order to play FMT 16. The game runs very smoothly in 3D and there is no lag at all so far. I must admit that you have produced an amazing game this year. Well done guys!

Hi, can anyone please tell me if this runs well on the Galaxy A 10.1 (2019)?

Im tempted to purchase device but am slightly put off by some negative comments regarding issues with last year's release. 

Any input would be greatly appreciated. 

Edited by Craig15

15 hours ago, shaunwwfc said:

My Tab S6 Lite has 4GB of RAM and much better processor than at least half of the android devices.

Here's hoping.

Im running it on s5e and it's running brilliantly! SI have said in the past the can't test every device and they test on the ones they've got access to. I'd say if it's running on s5e it'll do fine on s6 lite.

@Alex Pitt

I purchased this for my S6 Lite.

I can confirm it runs.. beautifully!

Wont jinx it just yet, as it does come up as "not optimised for this device" but I have had time to load the game, create manager, pick team, pick tactics and play my first friendly.

No issues thrown up. But will report back if any do. 

Very impressed with generally how Touch runs though on my tablet. In the past I have found it quite clunky and slow. This is a breeze and I may just be putting the laptop down and going the full FMT route.

Runs nice and smooth on Lenovo Duet in 2d. Menus feel a tiny bit less responsive than last year but it's still remarkably playable considering it's a Chromebook running an Android emulation. 

3d can be a bit choppy with certain types of stadiums but I'm a 2d pitch man anyway!

I know this is frowned upon, but the game works perfectly on my Samsung S10+.

Obviously, the writing is slightly small, but in terms of running football manager on a phone, I'm utterly impressed. 

The improvements to the match engine make all the difference this year.

Just need a compatible skin now so I can start modding   :)

4 hours ago, Craig15 said:

Im tempted to purchase device but am slightly put off by some negative comments regarding issues with last year's release. 

It should do. It runs fine on my mate's Galaxy A 10.1 (2016). Not the best 3D graphics, but it runs fine.

Edited by darkangel137

On 01/12/2020 at 09:49, Craig15 said:

Hi Craig  have you tried it on that tablet yet? I am looking at same tablet but have same concerns as you. 

4 hours ago, Flamazing88 said:

Hi Craig  have you tried it on that tablet yet? I am looking at same tablet but have same concerns as you. 

An update to my reply to Craig earlier.

My mate has a Galaxy A 10.1 (2016), he has just completed his first season with no hassles. The game runs fine on his tablet and he never had any crashes or any error messages popping up.

Edited by darkangel137

• SI Staff
On 01/12/2020 at 13:25, Reeeeeeeeeeeee said:

Showing up on the play store as not optimised for the HUAWEI MediaPad M5 10. Downloaded and it wouldn't run after downloading the extra data. Refunded for now. 

That's strange, can you post a thread in our bugs forum so we can look into this please?

On 01/12/2020 at 13:28, shaunwwfc said:

I purchased this for my S6 Lite.

I can confirm it runs.. beautifully!

Good news, thanks for the info.

On 01/12/2020 at 13:43, Sc0ttzilla said:

Runs nice and smooth on Lenovo Duet in 2d.

I can't even find this device in the Google Play Console so no idea how we support it, but glad you're happy with the game!

On 01/12/2020 at 14:22, freakydancin said:

I know this is frowned upon, but the game works perfectly on my Samsung S10+.

Good to know this issue with Google Play is still there... (we only support devices with a screen size of 7.9"+ and the S10+ shows as Unsupported in the Google Play Console)

On 01/12/2020 at 15:22, Geoff02 said:

Can you add Chrome OS système for the Touch version? It's a Android app on PC, for Google Chromebook. Please!

We're looking into supporting Chromebooks in the future but not for this year. There are a handful of ARM-based Chromebooks which run Android apps natively which should be able to run the game but we don't officially support them.

On 01/12/2020 at 22:06, jayjay1001 said:

Why is it compatible with iPad Pro 10.5 2017 but not iPad Pro 12.9 2017?

Thanks for flagging this - just an oversight, the list should be updated now, apologies for the confusion.

On 03/12/2020 at 18:57, elipe said:

Is a Apple TV version planned?

No.

On 01/12/2020 at 00:35, Sc0ttzilla said:

Wouldn't want to speak for SI and confirm anything but I've had touch 20 working on my dad's fire HD 8 through the playstore without any issue. The match graphics are very low on it but it's definitely more than playable, especially in 2d

On 30/11/2020 at 23:24, EVH5150 said:

Might be me being stupid but can't even get Touch (only mobile) in the Play store on my Amazon Fire 10. Has anyone managed to run it on their Fire successfully yet?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just upgraded from the Samsung S10 (which isn't listed as a compatible device, but it worked fine) and now have the Samsung Z Flip 3.
FM21 Touch is not available in the Play Store so I cannot download it to even test it.

Anyone know if they plan to remove the restriction so that it can be downloaded on the Samsung Z Flip 3?

@Alex Pitt

Hi, I'm buying the new xiaomi tablet, the mipad 5, that was just released. 

Will FMT21 be available to download in the play store? 

Because it's a newer tablet is not on the compatibity list, but the xiaomi mipad 4 is, and the mipad 5 has much better specs. 

Edit:

Well, the tablet arrived yesterday, and I could installed FMT21 without any issues. It runs very well and the 3D graphics are so much better, in comparison with the graphics in the Xiaomi Mipad 4.

Edited by Keyzer Soze