FMT iPad review. MOJO BACK!

12 minutes ago, StuartMurray said:

Just to be clear as well, I absolutely love FMT. I’ve bought every version that’s been released on iOS and played the mobile version prior. I hammer the game each year and never have had a negative word to say. Of course there are always a few issues on release, I get that. This year has been a big disappointment so far. Released almost 2 weeks ago and I’ve not played a competitive match yet, I’m finding it unplayable until the bugs are resolved. 

I’ve stopped playing as well due to,the bugs. It was clearly released a bit too early but they’re under so much pressure from super fans!

I think of it as an unofficial beta,

I think some of the things you mention will be resolved by update. I think it’s good the game has changed, otherwise it’s literally just an update. It was time to be a bit brave, and then go,for small and incremental again next year. 

Edited by steam just is

12 hours ago, steam just is said:

I’ve stopped playing as well due to,the bugs. It was clearly released a bit too early but they’re under so much pressure from super fans!

I think of it as an unofficial beta,

I think some of the things you mention will be resolved by update. I think it’s good the game has changed, otherwise it’s literally just an update. It was time to be a bit brave, and then go,for small and incremental again next year. 

Under pressure? That’s pressure they’ve brought on themselves for ripping features out of a game for streamlining purposes. FMT20 was a whole lot of fun, there was no need to dumb down any feature of the game.

The new additions to this years game I like, but I feel this version is one step forward two steps back. Most the bugs/glitches, as you say, will eventually be ironed out. The concerning thing is there doesn’t seem to be any intention to add the features removed as they were taken out by design. That’s my issue that the development team on this years game seem, from the outside, to have taken inspiration from EA in the art of removal of features while boasting its more in depth than ever before.

10 hours ago, Joedw said:

Under pressure? That’s pressure they’ve brought on themselves for ripping features out of a game for streamlining purposes. FMT20 was a whole lot of fun, there was no need to dumb down any feature of the game.

The new additions to this years game I like, but I feel this version is one step forward two steps back. Most the bugs/glitches, as you say, will eventually be ironed out. The concerning thing is there doesn’t seem to be any intention to add the features removed as they were taken out by design. That’s my issue that the development team on this years game seem, from the outside, to have taken inspiration from EA in the art of removal of features while boasting its more in depth than ever before.

I can’t see any major features missing. They’ve added shouts. What am I missing here??  @StuartMurraymentioned a few but I think they’re mostly bugs. Apparently contract renewals have been stripped back but I’d take a better more realistic  ME, graphics and shouts over detailed contract renewals any day of the week. 
I find this love of 20 with its repetitive matches, incessant feeding of ball to wings, no obvious differences between players ability and poor graphics really strange. If you’re missing depth there is a game for you......FM20!

56 minutes ago, steam just is said:

I can’t see any major features missing. They’ve added shouts. What am I missing here??  @StuartMurraymentioned a few but I think they’re mostly bugs. Apparently contract renewals have been stripped back but I’d take a better more realistic  ME, graphics and shouts over detailed contract renewals any day of the week. 
I find this love of 20 with its repetitive matches, incessant feeding of ball to wings, no obvious differences between players ability and poor graphics really strange. If you’re missing depth there is a game for you......FM20!

That’s fair enough, the ME has been greatly improved and from what I’ve read is far better than FM20. But, transfer negotiations are a massive part of football. I can pay a player less a week and move his salary into bonuses/clauses to save money on my weekly wage budget, but due to streamlining in FMT21 I can’t do that. The overall game looks impressive, but these features being stripped back is a turn off.

The Shouts feature is a gimmick, if they’ve stripped features back for that then IMO that’s embarrassing. 

36 minutes ago, Joedw said:

That’s fair enough, the ME has been greatly improved and from what I’ve read is far better than FM20. But, transfer negotiations are a massive part of football. I can pay a player less a week and move his salary into bonuses/clauses to save money on my weekly wage budget, but due to streamlining in FMT21 I can’t do that. The overall game looks impressive, but these features being stripped back is a turn off.

The Shouts feature is a gimmick, if they’ve stripped features back for that then IMO that’s embarrassing. 

The ME has been greatly improved and it’s nice you acknowledge that. I get what you’re saying about negotiations being a massive part of football but I’m also sure you’d agree that the match is the most important bit. 
im still not seeing where the key features are missing (apart from the many bugs).

i hope I’m not coming across as argumentative Joe. I get your points and I’ve been hyper critical the last few years. But if I’m happy to be critical (I found the ME appalling) I think it’s right I should be complimentary when changes have been made.

I like the shouts. Someone said they’re too overbearing and influential and now you say they’re a gimmick. IRL Managers shout a lot. It changes the way a team plays. I think it’s great SI are adding to the match experience. That’s the point of FMT. tactics, transfers and the game itself.

5 hours ago, steam just is said:

The ME has been greatly improved and it’s nice you acknowledge that. I get what you’re saying about negotiations being a massive part of football but I’m also sure you’d agree that the match is the most important bit. 
im still not seeing where the key features are missing (apart from the many bugs).

i hope I’m not coming across as argumentative Joe. I get your points and I’ve been hyper critical the last few years. But if I’m happy to be critical (I found the ME appalling) I think it’s right I should be complimentary when changes have been made.

I like the shouts. Someone said they’re too overbearing and influential and now you say they’re a gimmick. IRL Managers shout a lot. It changes the way a team plays. I think it’s great SI are adding to the match experience. That’s the point of FMT. tactics, transfers and the game itself.

The ME looks as though it’s far better than FMT20. The UI I like a lot, it’s buggy which can be patched and will, I think it’s a very clean look. For the most part it’s definitely an improvement.

But I don’t want some things like training (can’t train a player on their weaker foot) or the transfer/contract engine to be too simplified. I don’t want it to feel like a freemium game. 

3 hours ago, Joedw said:

The ME looks as though it’s far better than FMT20. The UI I like a lot, it’s buggy which can be patched and will, I think it’s a very clean look. For the most part it’s definitely an improvement.

But I don’t want some things like training (can’t train a player on their weaker foot) or the transfer/contract engine to be too simplified. I don’t want it to feel like a freemium game. 

Lol come on Joe! This ain’t got the feel of freemium. Even in a bad year FMT is one of the best games in the App Store. And this is not a bad year!

Youre saying all the big things are much better, UI and ME etc. I’m pretty confident training and contracts will be updated as they can’t be major drains on resources.

🤞 so you love it too

15 hours ago, steam just is said:

Lol come on Joe! This ain’t got the feel of freemium. Even in a bad year FMT is one of the best games in the App Store. And this is not a bad year!

Youre saying all the big things are much better, UI and ME etc. I’m pretty confident training and contracts will be updated as they can’t be major drains on resources.

🤞 so you love it too

The game is better in most areas, ME is night and day compared to last years game.

The contract stuff won’t be fixed fully and that’s been said in the bug forum. It’s a shame, and I hate complaining lol, but I guess it just irks me they stayed quiet about it till it was released. My hope is they add some of the bonuses/clauses in, get the bugs fixed which they will do and then in the new year I can reevaluate the game.  

1B7BF30D-DC63-4320-A35D-22751A7949ED.jpeg

• SI Staff
On 13/12/2020 at 13:02, Joedw said:

The contract stuff won’t be fixed fully and that’s been said in the bug forum. It’s a shame, and I hate complaining lol, but I guess it just irks me they stayed quiet about it till it was released.

We don't announce every single thing we change in the game every year - there's a lot! We felt some of the clauses and bonuses added to FM (and therefore FMT) in more recent years were adding extra complexity to Touch that doesn't fit with its ethos as a more streamlined, straight-to-the-action version of FM, and they were things that would make the game less accessible to newer players. Obviously if you've seen them in previous versions then it feels like we're just taking things away, but the aim is to keep the overall gameplay experience one that is as focused as possible.

As Harrison said, if there are specific bonuses or clauses you feel you are really missing then we'd be keen to hear about them.

This is really a bad call.

I mean, i hope one day you guys don't decide that in FMT manager can't make substitutions, in order to get the game more streamlined.

Removing clauses from contract negotiations, isn't makeing the game more streamline, it's removing tools from a key part of the game.

There are some core areas of the game that, no matter if it's the full fat version or the touch version, should be the same. And in my opinion contract negotiations are one of that core areas.

Really hope that SI are paying attention to this forum, and make a step back in FMT22. :thdn:

• SI Staff

As I say, please tell us which bonuses and clauses you have a major issue with losing. Most of the ones removed already had other very similar clauses which were kept - it was a case of removing clauses which were slight variations and didn't add much in terms of gameplay, only additional complexity.

8 hours ago, Keyzer Soze said:

I mean, i hope one day you guys don't decide that in FMT manager can't make substitutions, in order to get the game more streamlined.

I can assure you that we are not ever planning to remove substitutions from the game. :) 

I can see why they made the change to contract negotiations. I was starting to think they were getting a little crazy. I never complained about it anywhere but I bet others did.

FM Touch never used to have this many things to negotiate on a contract. I think some things were added over the years and now they feel they added a little too much. I can see how someone new to FM, looking for a streamlined experience, would get irritated at all these options. I bet people have settled on a contract for a new player not realizing there's a clause that makes it double after 5 games etc.

You can always argue what should be in a streamlined experience but I can see some logic behind this decision.

3 hours ago, Alex Pitt said:

As I say, please tell us which bonuses and clauses you have a major issue with losing. Most of the ones removed already had other very similar clauses which were kept - it was a case of removing clauses which were slight variations and didn't add much in terms of gameplay, only additional complexity.

I can assure you that we are not ever planning to remove substitutions from the game. :) 

I’d say pretty much all of the bonuses, I do like to spread it out to save money on my weekly wage budget. Surely a newbie to the game wouldn’t be too frightened by these options? I understand that adding in all these options isn’t a gimme, so was wondering if a MOD would create a new thread with a poll of the bonuses/clauses that we want added back into the game?

Plus what would the timeframe be on this being patched, if you can give one?

C1DC79E2-61DB-4585-976A-82C3B03A3982.jpeg

12609BD5-95F7-4083-8AF9-E0DF90DC33D5.jpeg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Honeywood said:

Anyone got a 5 league fmv link to use on Ipad pro version of FM21 Touch?

Do agree with others that more powerful tablets should be able to have more leagues going.

try that before, but then xG and reserve broken. no data whatsoever. so i would not recommend 5 leagues fmv

• 6 months later...

Thought i'd join in on this. I like most look forward each year to FM Touch coming out for iOS - especially on the ipad. This years iteration has been very disappointing for me both from the game, and also from developer support. I dont have any problems with the match engine. It runs perfectly on my iPad with no issues. The problem i have is the bugs that exist in the game but didnt get fixed. I'm no developer, but for SI to drop their update with DB updates and not fixed any of the major bugs is a massive kick in the teeth especially after we drop £20 on it or more. We expect full support from the Devs and they should look to resolve these issues. I've logged 10 or more bugs and then was told that no more updates will be getting released. Not even to fix these. I've not played since February now as i feel i dont get the satisfaction from it with the UI bugs. Oh and one feature that was added to this years edition also had "Training" but there wasnt any info on how it worked etc. So not sure if it was completely finished.

I am however giving SI the benefit of the doubt here and am hoping that due to covid they were unable to fix these bugs..... who knows. I do expect the next game to be fixed though or else i wont be buying again.

Should SI require any help with beta testing before going live though i am happy to assist.

Edited by NEO-BAHAMUT-

18 hours ago, NEO-BAHAMUT- said:

Thought i'd join in on this. I like most look forward each year to FM Touch coming out for iOS - especially on the ipad. This years iteration has been very disappointing for me both from the game, and also from developer support. I dont have any problems with the match engine. It runs perfectly on my iPad with no issues. The problem i have is the bugs that exist in the game but didnt get fixed. I'm no developer, but for SI to drop their update with DB updates and not fixed any of the major bugs is a massive kick in the teeth especially after we drop £20 on it or more. We expect full support from the Devs and they should look to resolve these issues. I've logged 10 or more bugs and then was told that no more updates will be getting released. Not even to fix these. I've not played since February now as i feel i dont get the satisfaction from it with the UI bugs. Oh and one feature that was added to this years edition also had "Training" but there wasnt any info on how it worked etc. So not sure if it was completely finished.

I am however giving SI the benefit of the doubt here and am hoping that due to covid they were unable to fix these bugs..... who knows. I do expect the next game to be fixed though or else i wont be buying again.

Should SI require any help with beta testing before going live though i am happy to assist.

Unfortunately I completely agree. I would go further still. FMT should be really focused on the match. Tactics and transfers is it’s MO. so why on earth have they stripped the match back? Less information, no highlights, can’t click on players to see the name, inferior graphics to a version 5 years ago. I don’t know who runs development of FMT on iPad but they’re making it worse. Games should improve. For several years now FMT has been going backwards.

you say the ME is good. I would dispute that. It’s barely any better than 17. For years it was terrible. What are they doing?

Every year we give them £20 hoping the game reaches past glories. Every year it spectacularly fails.

FMM and full fat move forward. FMT gets worse. They need to invest in its uniqueness. They’re letting it drift.