Football Manager 2021 Xbox Edition *Official* Feedback Thread

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, will12300 said:

Somebody please helpp. Just paid £30 for this on xbox as it says it’s compatible on pc and you can use a keyboard. I can’t use a keyboard or mouse at all. I’m on Xbox one X. This renders the game totally useless to me. Can I fix this?

If you have a Win10 PC you can download if form the MS store as it's a Play Anywhere title.

As for using Mouse and Keyboard in the Xbox I'm not sure how it works. I have seen other posts on here saying it does though. 

As a side note don't you have a controller for your Xbox? How is the game useless if you can just use that?

2 hours ago, AlcoholicSocks said:

If you have a Win10 PC you can download if form the MS store as it's a Play Anywhere title.

As for using Mouse and Keyboard in the Xbox I'm not sure how it works. I have seen other posts on here saying it does though. 

As a side note don't you have a controller for your Xbox? How is the game useless if you can just use that?

Yeah man I have a controller but I don’t think I’ll ever find that comfortable to play on. They must be able to fix this for us xbox players in a patch maybe?

11 hours ago, Timbukchu said:

Hello all,

I need help!! 

I bought the game on Xbox One S and plugged a mouse in. The mouse works, but I cannot see the cursor on my screen at all, I can just see when its highlighting things.

Its incredibly frustrating because playing with a controller on this game is difficult enough.

Can anyone help me?

You need to click the left stick on your controller then you will see the cursor using a mouse

• SI Staff
31 minutes ago, purolatino said:

Squad Numbers.

Is there squad numbers in this game?

Have not seen it, so I was just wondering if it was squad numbers in the game?

There are

Firstly I just wanna say how much I'm enjoying the game so far. I'm having a blast playing! It feels very smooth and runs very fast, even on my original Xbox one. 

One feature I feel is missing from the game however is the ability to add/remove leagues within a save. Not sure if this was by choice or a bug (as I saw a hint in game saying it could be done, but couldn't find the option anywhere), but with the 5 nation limit and no ability to add/remove playable leagues I find it stifles my save and stops me doing a journeyman or exploring those smaller leagues and nations.

14 hours ago, penza said:

anyone got tons of injuries? I am having lots since switching from full to fm touch.

Yes but mostly niggles for a few days.

Seems we need to keep an eye on staff reports for injury prone players and adjust their training intensity on an individual basis

Morning all, just here to say how much I'm loving the game on Xbox and to highlight a few things that could do with improving or general fixing :-)

First thing I noticed and the one thing that is bugging me the most are the player instructions. For the life of me I can't scroll down to the crossing instructions, which means a part of detailing my tactic is simply missing, very frustrating.

The other issues I'm having are less intrusive so I will just list them below;

1) Unable to set "play with reserves until match fit" for any player

2) Swapping/moving positions on the pitch can be a faf as the game doesn't always register the correct position. For example, I want to move ST(CR) into ST(C), takes about 5-6 attempts for the game to place him in the right position.

3) No frequent interviews/press conferences/team talks/player talk is a shame

4) Staff contracts renew automatically, haven't found a way to do them manually or terminate manually.

5) The d-pad function in the inbox doesn't always register properly, not even after multiple cursor/d-pad clicks

6) This is more of a question really, but sponsorship money seems inbalanced? I went from Belgian 3rd tier to top flight, playing Euro Cup II even. Game says average sponsor income in the league is £25M but I am stuck at £1.1M even after the recent sponsor deal ended. My club's rep is 2.5 stars and am the 15th highest in the nation for rep. Is this normal as I have now hit a ceiling in terms of what budget I have available.

1) Unable to set "play with reserves until match fit" for any player - bug

3) No frequent interviews/press conferences/team talks/player talk is a shame - thats FM Touch, has always been like that for the streamlined approach. The touchline shouts are as good as team talks and you actually have a useful indicator of how it has affected your players

Am currently in a save on Xbox one with a few mates and every time we finish a match it comes up with ‘ compiling press office reports’ and after waiting long periods of time it does not load. Does any body know how to fix this or a way around it please?

• SI Staff

Sorry to hear you're having that issue @Mettyboy, we're working on getting an update out to fix it as soon as we can.

Some users have found potential workarounds in the meantime in the bug thread for the issue:

Will you please fix the add second manager thing. It's absolutely ridiculous it's not there. I want to play with my friends on the couch. I also want to manage 2 different clubs at once sometimes (eg Roda JC and Man Utd) I really don't understand why such a simple feature is missing and why you keep stating the obvious to is asking about it. We can quite clearly see that it's not available. We didnt come on a forum to ask about it, just to be told it's not there. Sort it out! 

My feedback is simply Thanks. Thanks to Miles & all the devs involved. I'm finally able to play a proper Manager game on console again. I enjoy being able to click the left stick & use the cursor ... I know it might be a hardware thing but I'd take the fully beefed up game no matter how unoptimized it is with the controller FM has always been a game made for a different pace, so even if it needs 18 clicks to promote a player ... I'm happy to do it 

18 hours ago, Alpay Acar said:

I cant load custom tactics on xbox edition? Is there any solution or will be?

No it cannot be done and never will be possible as the save is on the cloud this time.

You can copy people's tactics from the screenshots them save them

Thank you SI!

Was surprised to see that an update has gone through Microsoft certification already, thanks for the hard work getting some fixes out.

The UI fixes have made things vastly improved, being able to send players to the reserve team for fitness is going to help me so much, it's surprising just how much you miss that option when it's not available.

Hopefully a cursor speed option comes in a later update but for now, I am very happy with the tidying up of the game this update has done.

Has anyone worked out how to unlock the career earnings achievement now it's available again and also the 30 years one?

Both failed to unlock as were glitched but still haven't unlocked for me on my save even though I have met the requirements

• SI Staff
10 hours ago, teggit said:

Has anyone worked out how to unlock the career earnings achievement now it's available again and also the 30 years one?

Both failed to unlock as were glitched but still haven't unlocked for me on my save even though I have met the requirements

If you load the save where you got to 30 seasons and continue until you get the dialog telling you you have reached the season limit, it should then unlock.

The Money, Money, Money achievement, should unlock in existing saves which have already earned over that amount, so we'll look into that. If you start a new game in the meantime it should be reasonably easy to achieve if you manage a big club.

12 hours ago, Alex Pitt said:

If you load the save where you got to 30 seasons and continue until you get the dialog telling you you have reached the season limit, it should then unlock.

The Money, Money, Money achievement, should unlock in existing saves which have already earned over that amount, so we'll look into that. If you start a new game in the meantime it should be reasonably easy to achieve if you manage a big club.

Yeah got 30 seasons but had to start a new holiday save as if failed to unlock on my Bayern Munich save in 2050 even though the dialogue kept popping up.

Thanks for your help.

The go 30 games without conceding achievement is actually impossible without cheating.

Please leave that out next year.

10 without conceding and 20 too.

I could come up with 3 more unique and fun achievements.

If your back in Xbox you need to revamp and put more effort into the achievements.

The challenges are great...3 more of them would be better

Hello everyone, I have a little problem, when I am on the page to change player numbers, I cannot select the number to change it on Xbox one ... hope you will know me  help because it's a bit annoying to play with starters who have numbers that don't suit them.  Thank you 😁

I was tempted to get this as don't own a pc to play it anymore, the only thing putting me off is the static elements on my TV as I own an oled, is there an oled friendly skin to prevent potential burn in.

If not do you have  plans to make one.

Anyone playing this on oled?

Hi.

loving the Xbox version - thanks

on match day is there any easy way to get from tactics set up to the full squad (like in touch where you could hide the tactics?) it’s currently very difficult to see more detailed stats (like recent ratings) when choosing your squad, as you have to leave the match setup screen - likewise it makes it difficult to remove a player from your bench if not directly replacing them with another player.

thanks!

Hi I have had a few different saves on the game but there is often a problem where the save game can’t be loaded. Is there a way to prevent this? It’s gone back from the 7 last games of the season which will be really disheartening to have to replay again as it feels like save scumming

Hi,

I’ve seen a few comments on here about starting an online career with friends but they haven’t received a response. On the Xbox edition I have tried to start an online career with my friend but it just won’t let me online. When I go into the “Game Status” page it says I have no network connection. It won’t let my friend join my game at all. Can anyone help? 

On 27/12/2020 at 22:37, minigod said:

I've got a save that is nearly 2 seasons old and not had any issues with saves not loading.

I always play with rolling autosave and the option for manual save that continues the autosave 

I had rolling auto save every month but I saved the game before turning off my Xbox aswell so I’m still not sure why the save wouldn’t load

On 01/12/2020 at 02:59, BadNews said:

Is there a way to use a cursor to navigate through the UI? I know on the switch version it had it, but having no cursor at the moment feels very hard to navigate through the menu 

Click in on the left joystick and it enables the cursor mode! I have noticed sometimes this doesn’t work, simply quit the game fully and start again and you should be sorted!

On 27/12/2020 at 18:53, blackberrychris said:

Hi.

loving the Xbox version - thanks

on match day is there any easy way to get from tactics set up to the full squad (like in touch where you could hide the tactics?) it’s currently very difficult to see more detailed stats (like recent ratings) when choosing your squad, as you have to leave the match setup screen - likewise it makes it difficult to remove a player from your bench if not directly replacing them with another player.

thanks!

Not a helping reply but rather just agreeing with the above  that changing players in the match set up screen seems to be difficult. I have to come out of the squad setup (on match prep screen) and go to the squad screen on the left tab in order to change team and bench players with other players in squad.

On 21/12/2020 at 20:10, KK_82 said:

Please add dynamics and quick chats they are in mobile so I don’t see why they couldn’t be added into the Xbox Version. 

Agreed on the quick chats, would be great to have players chats back like on the PC etc as you can’t tell the players what you think etc unless certain parameters are met (e.g they fall below I think like 5.5 in previous match).

would be useful (and I think realistic) to be able to have conversations available 

Loving the game finally being back on Xbox. I don’t have a PC (New Xbox’s etc almost up to that standard now anyway) so it is a welcome addition to the gaming lineup!

so a few things I’m noticing that I’d hope will be sorted eventually:-

1. training/ staff - on PC (back in the day ... 🤦🏼‍♂️) you could assign coaches to area specific trainings (so someone who’s good at attacking you can specifically ask them to coach the team in attack). This version seems to have little to no input on training, only that it’s run by you as manager or your assistant and the only input then is to choose what style you want, e.g. attack to then have a breakdown in % at the end of the month of what your players have been trainer in. For a detailed game I’d hope that we will see an update showing training specific areas via certain staff etc.

2. database size - there seems to be no option to sort database size. Some very high profile transfer targets not even available on the game and it’s nothing to do with age (for the most part) so as in it’s not because players are protected by child protection laws etc. some of the players I’m talking about are available on the PC version because he seen videos with them in, can’t understand why the options aren’t available on Xbox version?

3. Player chats - I’ve already replied to a couple of questions about this but you used to be able to have chats with players at the drop of a hat. This isn’t available on this one and would be ideal to have back available.

4. youth set up - I’m assuming this is because of new child protection laws but I believe you used to be able to get your own youth candidates in to the youth sides (aside from the clubs on youth intake process) I liked doing this because generally speaking the youth intake is garbage so you could add some other prospects to the ranks. This doesn’t seem to be an option on this years and would be good to have available. Could anyone advise on this?

5. Match set up screen - seems to be difficult to get players from ‘squad’ to change with starting 11/bench in the match set up screen. Hopefully this will be looked at

these are just a few bits I’ve noticed. Hopefully we’ll see updates but otherwise a great game and very much enjoying!

On 02/01/2021 at 18:39, Chino_M3 said:

Not a helping reply but rather just agreeing with the above  that changing players in the match set up screen seems to be difficult. I have to come out of the squad setup (on match prep screen) and go to the squad screen on the left tab in order to change team and bench players with other players in squad.

I agree with these comments. The tactics screen is not as useful as in touch 20. I am also having issues with setting up team and getting the right players for the right roles.

I have ended up using the squad screen for this now. I have had at least 4 hard crashes in one session swapping players in and out of the team which is really frustrating. 

I just buy it and play my first match and this what i feel bad about it .

Adding . Add new manager options we need it so much  and the editor if it's possible 

I need mouse support it's will be nice to from you . 

Thanks for the game .

Edited by Husalw

Please allow those using the so-called "FM21 XBox Edition" on a PC - ie FM21 bought from the Microsoft Store - to import .fmf tactics files like every other version of the game.

I don't hate myself enough to set up 16 separate set pieces manually from scratch: according to the achievement stats only 0.11% of FM21 users do.  So at least allow those of us who are using FM21 XBox Edition on a PC (I only use it on a PC) to import the same tactics files as every other version of the game.  Or advertise it as crippleware, because I'd have gone to the steam store if I'd known that the Microsoft Store version was cut-down functionality.

Some people have claimed that this is because all saved tactics are now saved in the cloud.  This is wrong: using FM21 XBox Edition on the PC you can load and save tactics files from the local disk. But the insane decision has been made to use an incompatible file format - .tac instead of .fmf - which of course nobody anywhere offers as downloads.

3 hours ago, Endieposts said:

Please allow those using the so-called "FM21 XBox Edition" on a PC - ie FM21 bought from the Microsoft Store - to import .fmf tactics files like every other version of the game.

I don't hate myself enough to set up 16 separate set pieces manually from scratch: according to the achievement stats only 0.11% of FM21 users do.  So at least allow those of us who are using FM21 XBox Edition on a PC (I only use it on a PC) to import the same tactics files as every other version of the game.  Or advertise it as crippleware, because I'd have gone to the steam store if I'd known that the Microsoft Store version was cut-down functionality.

Some people have claimed that this is because all saved tactics are now saved in the cloud.  This is wrong: using FM21 XBox Edition on the PC you can load and save tactics files from the local disk. But the insane decision has been made to use an incompatible file format - .tac instead of .fmf - which of course nobody anywhere offers as downloads.

This is a thing because of Play Anywhere. The files are not available to add to the consoles, so there will be issues if they allow it on on platform and not the other, possibly corrupting save files.