What is the Cloud Save option for?

Obviously I know that Cloud Save is to save to "the great cloud" so should you lose your device you can always get it back. However should this also be used so that you can move between devices? I have an iPhone 12 witch I have saved my game both locally and in the cloud. However I thought we should be able to then get the iPad out, restore the cloud game and continue? This doesnt appear to be the case?

Can anyone confirm

You should be able to save a game on your iPhone and as you’d at pick up your iPad and continue, unfortunately the cloud save option isn’t great, it works very little of the time, it usually loads up older save points for me rather than the latest save game. This was the same on last years version, it doesn’t make it frustrating to play between devices! 

• SI Staff
22 hours ago, NEO-BAHAMUT- said:

Obviously I know that Cloud Save is to save to "the great cloud" so should you lose your device you can always get it back. However should this also be used so that you can move between devices? I have an iPhone 12 witch I have saved my game both locally and in the cloud. However I thought we should be able to then get the iPad out, restore the cloud game and continue? This doesnt appear to be the case?

Can anyone confirm

If you're logged into the same account on both devices then you should be able to load the game on your other device - do bear in mind that the actual 'icloud' implementation is apples and there is sometimes a short delay between saving and it showing up on the other device.

• SI Staff

There seems to be some slow syncing at the moment that a few people have reported - largely out of our hands but we upgraded the SDK version we build against from 12.0.3 onwards so would be interested to see if there are any improvements.

On 05/12/2020 at 02:03, Alari Naylor said:

There seems to be some slow syncing at the moment that a few people have reported - largely out of our hands but we upgraded the SDK version we build against from 12.0.3 onwards so would be interested to see if there are any improvements.

Absolutely no improvement. My iPad Pro still loads up saves from 2-3 months prior to my latest save point. Really disappointing and this was and has been a great feature in previous years. A step backwards. 

On 07/12/2020 at 18:34, Alari Naylor said:

May be something that we have to go and ask Apple about as none of our implementation has changed. Could be worth trying to sign out of and into iCloud to see if that helps.

Hi @Alari Naylor for info this is now even worse following the recent update. I play daily on my iPhone saving several times but the cloud save on both my iPad mini and iPad Pro are showing a save from 4 or 5 days ago..... :(

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...