[FM21] The Real Life Scottish Pyramid

Hello again folks! Another year, another Scottish DB...

This file reflects the real life pyramid & includes amended schedules as a result of the pandemic. Things return to normal in season two, with a promotion playoff appearing for the North Caledonian League to reflect the agreement in principle they have IRL. There is also an adjustment to Lowland League relegation as proposed.

Available to download on the Steam Workshop, from sites like FMScout & FMBase and at this direct link. The structure is as follows:

Premiership

Championship

League 1

League 2

Highland League
Lowland League

North Caledonian League
West of Scotland Premier
East of Scotland Premier
South of Scotland League

West of Scotland Conference A
West of Scotland Conference B
West of Scotland Conference C
East of Scotland Conference A
East of Scotland Conference B

12 hours ago, oche balboa said:

Fantastic database, I've simmed 1 season and University of Stirling got relegated from the Lowland League into the North Caledonian League, Would have thought they would have gone into the West Of Scotland League. Obviously its not a big deal but i thought i would raise it 

After a quick glance on their Wikipedia page, it seems they started out in the East of Scotland Football League, before promotion to the Lowland League. 

On 02/12/2020 at 13:53, Morrissey said:

Hello again folks! Another year, another Scottish DB...

This file reflects the real life pyramid & includes amended schedules as a result of the pandemic. Things return to normal in season two, with a promotion playoff appearing for the North Caledonian League to reflect the agreement in principle they have IRL. There is also an adjustment to Lowland League relegation as proposed.

Available to download on the Steam Workshop, from sites like FMScout & FMBase and at this direct link. The structure is as follows:

Premiership

Championship

League 1

League 2

Highland League
Lowland League

North Caledonian League
West of Scotland Premier
East of Scotland Premier
South of Scotland League

West of Scotland Conference A
West of Scotland Conference B
West of Scotland Conference C
East of Scotland Conference A
East of Scotland Conference B

Question... so im confused there's yours here and then on stream there is yours and then someone said that the other one was an addon to yours with saying that i need to have both clicked but i cant so im not surer which one to use

Heres the update:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2308192205&searchtext=

and here is your file:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2303069648&searchtext=

Edited by Fmfan00

2 hours ago, Fmfan00 said:

Question... so im confused there's yours here and then on stream there is yours and then someone said that the other one was an addon to yours with saying that i need to have both clicked but i cant so im not surer which one to use

Heres the update:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2308192205&searchtext=

and here is your file:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2303069648&searchtext=

The update file is made by the guys on the Official Catchup podcast (including me) and updates the real-life squads. Both files can be used together, or you can just use my DB on it's own.

In season 2 does all these lower league teams get added to the big Scottish cup as is meant to happen irl. I know this year they are giving it a miss due to watering it down for COVID reasons but I read that when the teams that left the junior leagues and gained their SFA license they would be added into the early rounds of this?

• 1 month later...

@Morrissey

Really enjoying this file. Thank you for doing it!

A couple of small things if you do an update or for future versions:

- I'm playing with Inverness Athletic in the North Caledonian league. When I got promoted to the Highland league (season 2), I was not in the North of Scotland Cup for a season and returned in season 4. I'm guessing it had something to do with the promotion. 

- This may be more complicated or more of an SI issue but I'm having to play home matches in Aberdeen because of ground requirements. Based on the ground I'm playing in, I've been entered in the Aberdeen Cup and Aberdeenshire Shield. It's great for giving my youth games but not realistic. 

Thanks again!

16 minutes ago, davenumber40 said:

@Morrissey

Really enjoying this file. Thank you for doing it!

A couple of small things if you do an update or for future versions:

- I'm playing with Inverness Athletic in the North Caledonian league. When I got promoted to the Highland league (season 2), I was not in the North of Scotland Cup for a season and returned in season 4. I'm guessing it had something to do with the promotion. 

- This may be more complicated or more of an SI issue but I'm having to play home matches in Aberdeen because of ground requirements. Based on the ground I'm playing in, I've been entered in the Aberdeen Cup and Aberdeenshire Shield. It's great for giving my youth games but not realistic. 

Thanks again!

I think you answered you own question there, You are based in Aberdeen so will play in the Cup & Shield 

• 4 weeks later...

I tried to play this after the winter update however it’s no longer verified and when I try to in the editor it says there’s an error in the promotion/relegation between the regional prems and conferences. It recommends changing them all to flexible formats which I did but still won’t verify, if you could offer any help cheers. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 28/02/2021 at 04:05, Chris Hamilton said:

I tried to play this after the winter update however it’s no longer verified and when I try to in the editor it says there’s an error in the promotion/relegation between the regional prems and conferences. It recommends changing them all to flexible formats which I did but still won’t verify, if you could offer any help cheers. 

im getting this now too, no matter which version of db i use

• 3 months later...

Hi everyone, 

For those who like a lower league Scottish save, including WoS/EoS etc. I have almost finished a massive Scottish and English media update that I hope majestic will roll out as part of her pack. I am keen that long term I cover all Scottish sides at all levels of pro/semi-pro. I have added the obvious national and local media, but don't have total knowledge of all media covering lower leagues. Some are easy and are included, e.g. Ardrossan Advertiser covers likes of Beith, The Extra covers Pollok, The Cumnock Chronicle covers all the teams on East Side of Ayrshire etc. 

In first iteration I will put out what I can source, but if you know of lower league teams and the media who would normally report on them then send me a PM and I will get it added too for any future versions. 

Hope to have the first version sent over to majestic within next few days.

Cheers

Does anyone have a version of the Winter Update file? I have subscribed on Steam but it is not pulling the file over and the older one gives the database error message about requiring verification. Thanks in advance. 

On 06/07/2021 at 20:35, joe5p said:

Does anyone have a version of the Winter Update file? I have subscribed on Steam but it is not pulling the file over and the older one gives the database error message about requiring verification. Thanks in advance. 

Have you tried unsubscribing, signing out of steam then sign back in and subscribe? Do all this without having the game open.

3 hours ago, Chris Hamilton said:

Have you tried unsubscribing, signing out of steam then sign back in and subscribe? Do all this without having the game open.

Thanks, Chris,

That worked, and I now have the file called 'Winter Update - The Full Scottish Pyramid' but I get an error message which reads:

'Requires maximum 17 teams for Highland League, found 18, Requires minimum 18 teams for EoS Premier, found 17'.

I think it might be because I have a file that has applied promotion and relegation from season 20/21 i.e. Kelty are up and Brechin are down. I think if I edit that file to change Brechin's league it should work okay. It would mean Brechin go to the wrong league but small price to pay between now and FM22.

Cheers

Edited by joe5p

3 hours ago, joe5p said:

Thanks, Chris,

That worked, and I now have the file called 'Winter Update - The Full Scottish Pyramid' but I get an error message which reads:

'Requires maximum 17 teams for Highland League, found 18, Requires minimum 18 teams for EoS Premier, found 17'.

I think it might be because I have a file that has applied promotion and relegation from season 20/21 i.e. Kelty are up and Brechin are down. I think if I edit that file to change Brechin's league it should work okay. It would mean Brechin go to the wrong league but small price to pay between now and FM22.

Cheers

Yes if you are using any other editor file with it that has advanced nation rules changes it might interfere. I only use a file that has database changes and that works fine.

• 1 month later...

Is there a way to use this database after changing a team? Loading this with no changes allows me to play with everything from regional leagues up, but if I make any changes to the database (e.g. in my case swap a real team out for a custom team) it won't verify and can't be used.

UPDATE - For anyone looking in the future I worked this out. Create another editor file with just your DB changes, then merge it into the Scottish Pyramid file and save without verifying. Works a treat.

Edited by Supermercado99