Select penalty taker before a penalty

tyro

• SI Staff

Hi tyro,

The option should also be present in FMT. We are looking into a few issues about the option not being visible for long enough, so this may be related.

What highlight mode and match speed settings are you using?

Usually comprehensive highlights or extensive depending on how it is going. Sometimes I watch the full game if necessary. Match speed, its like a click to the right (a bit faster).

I don't see it afterwards though in the Dugout either (usually it stays there long after until I click ignore).

After that another game no option. It might have to do with the announcement - there was a VAR decision and it might have "skipped" it due to that. 

I will try to show highlights at normal speed and see if it then always appears. 

On a different save I just had several penalties and the option to change showed up. However, I went back to one click to the right (match speed) as I felt the normal speed was just too slow mo for me :)

It may be with VAR or other things showing up that the game somehow skips this. Maybe with the slow speed it would work but I don't think I can play at that slow speed and it worked with my current speed several times now.

Ive always wondered about this as well. Sometimes it shows up and sometimes it does not for me in every version of this game. It seems to show up more often than not if the PK is happening towards the end of regulation time at a critical moment. Otherwise, game auto chooses penalty taker.

I submitted my save game before the penalty option.

I switched to English and the dugout provides feedback earlier as well. When using German, there is rarely anything on it.

I don't know if this has anything to do with the language but that is what I observed.

I will let you know if the penalty taker option shows up again.

new info:

Just had a penalty using English and the choice popped up. This is definitely worth looking into re. language use.

Edited by tyro
New Info