Crashing on Manager Creation every time on Career mode.

I don't seem to be able to even start a game at the moment. It crashes on the manager selection screen - either at the initial details section (name, etc.) or at the appearance screen. This is when attempting to start the avoid relegation challenge on Xbox Series X. Have given up after the 4th attempt, and haven't been able to test any of the other modes as yet.

The game becomes unresponsive and then after a period of time just closes down and kicks me to the dashboard.

I have been having this same issue. At least something very similar. Trying to start an online career game on Xbox Series X. When trying to enter any details or select any control on the manager select screen the game just freezes. I attempted installing on my laptop and trying the same process and it seems to work there. However, my friend then trying to join the game on the Xbox Series X has the same issue when selecting manager info. Automatically pressing Y to move to the next screen does seem to eventually work without updating any info. All English divisions, top 3 french divisions, top 2 german divisions, top 2 italian divisions, all northern irish divisions, top 2 spanish divisions. 

1 hour ago, jamiet303 said:

I have been having this same issue. At least something very similar. Trying to start an online career game on Xbox Series X. When trying to enter any details or select any control on the manager select screen the game just freezes. I attempted installing on my laptop and trying the same process and it seems to work there. However, my friend then trying to join the game on the Xbox Series X has the same issue when selecting manager info. Automatically pressing Y to move to the next screen does seem to eventually work without updating any info. All English divisions, top 3 french divisions, top 2 german divisions, top 2 italian divisions, all northern irish divisions, top 2 spanish divisions. 

May have found a work around for now where before you do anything on the first manager profile screen, hit Y to go to appearance and then you are free to go back to the profile screen and start editing anything without a freeze/crash.

I can play all the other game modes, such as Challenge or Fantasy Draft. When I go to do a career though, the game freezes on the manager creation/select screen.

I have tried deleting and making a new manager, as well as reinstalling the game. Neither fixed my issue.

Here is a video of it.

I'm on the Series X

• SI Staff

Hi all, thank you for your posts on this.

We are currently unable to reproduce this in house. Any additional information you could provide on this would help us get to the cause of this issue i.e. How many leagues you are loading/what leagues, what team you have selected to start with/if you chose to start unemployed, are you using mouse emulation or the NavCons and d-pad etc. 

Additionally if you could advise whether the workaround suggested by @jamiet303 works for you in the meantime while we investigate this issue.

Thanks again for your posts. 

I bought the game today on my Xbox series X. I have the same problem. 
When I am at the manager selection menu and types in a name the game freezes. I have tried 10 times, re-installation and also the workaround.

Nothing helps. Also the graphic at the menu laggs  and the coach gets a lot of pixles. 
The first impression of the game is poor. Hope the buggs Will be fixed asap. 

• 1 month later...