A Team Just Offered Me $11 Million For One Of My Youth Players! 😳😳😳😳🤔🤔

So, a team just offered me $11 Million dollars for one of my youth players.  Should I sell him?  I am still getting used to this game.  However, he does seem like he is a future star and I should keep him.  What are your thoughts?  The image of the player stats are included.  I am also getting a ton of offers for other youth players as well.  I wonder what's up with that? 

Screen Shot 2020-12-02 at 8.10.33 PM.png

Offers for your youth players are usually made for those that have high potential rather than high current ability.  That player looks OK, but I would'nt say he was exceptional at 19 years old at AMR or ST, and I would be tempted to sell him and invest in someone who could help you now rather than one who might be a benefit in the future

He might also get upset if not allowed to move to a higher reputation club as well.

5 minutes ago, FrazT said:

Offers for your youth players are usually made for those that have high potential rather than high current ability.  That player looks OK, but I would'nt say he was exceptional at 19 years old at AMR or ST, and I would be tempted to sell him and invest in someone who could help you now rather than one who might be a benefit in the future

He might also get upset if not allowed to move to a higher reputation club as well.

Thanks for the insight.

17 minutes ago, LyghtWayve said:

So, a team just offered me $11 Million dollars for one of my youth players.  Should I sell him?  I am still getting used to this game.  However, he does seem like he is a future star and I should keep him.  What are your thoughts?  The image of the player stats are included.  I am also getting a ton of offers for other youth players as well.  I wonder what's up with that? 

Screen Shot 2020-12-02 at 8.10.33 PM.png

few things to keep in mind:

1. The 5 star potential rating is relative based on the ability of your squad. So, his potential is anywhere from one of the best players in your squad, to world class. Hard to say at this point. 

2. personally, I would never sell this guy. Good, tall, left footed strikers are incredibly hard to find. He has a good personality as well. He’ll be worth 50m+ in a couple of seasons most likely 

18 minutes ago, kr10 said:

few things to keep in mind:

1. The 5 star potential rating is relative based on the ability of your squad. So, his potential is anywhere from one of the best players in your squad, to world class. Hard to say at this point. 

2. personally, I would never sell this guy. Good, tall, left footed strikers are incredibly hard to find. He has a good personality as well. He’ll be worth 50m+ in a couple of seasons most likely 

Seems like I could mold him into something special.  Do you think it would be good to start playing him on the Senior Squad?

1 minute ago, LyghtWayve said:

Seems like I could mold him into something special.  Do you think it would be good to start playing him on the Senior Squad?

Yes, at 19 he should be playing regularly. Rule of thumb is, training is most important until 18, after which match experience becomes crucial for development.

This guy could become a great AF. I am using my long term 442 tactic, and have been searching for a tall left footed striker for the past 4 seasons, and there is no one I can find besides Haaland and Lukaku, both who are unaffordable (playing with Milan). 

as a long time FM’er, my advice would be to hold onto your future stars. Money can always be raised through selling squad players, especially in the premier league. Money isn’t an issue, but finding quality players at affordable prices who want to join is. 

If you want to learn more about tactics you can take a look at a thread I made. This guy is tailor made for advanced forward in the “mirror image” of the tactic I posted: 

One more thing - when evaluating players, don’t get too carried away by technical stats in isolation - a good goal scorer needs not only finishing, but also technique. He needs anticipation and off the ball to get into good goal scoring positions consistently, and composure and decisions to make the right choice in front of goal. Quickness and agility enables him to beat the defender, while balance ensures he is well placed to strike the ball as intended. 

always look at stats in a holistic manner. Same applies for passing, defensive stats etc. 

this guy has a good base in every single key stat. He’s going to be a star, don’t sell him

4 minutes ago, kr10 said:

Yes, at 19 he should be playing regularly. Rule of thumb is, training is most important until 18, after which match experience becomes crucial for development.

This guy could become a great AF. I am using my long term 442 tactic, and have been searching for a tall left footed striker for the past 4 seasons, and there is no one I can find besides Haaland and Lukaku, both who are unaffordable (playing with Milan). 

as a long time FM’er, my advice would be to hold onto your future stars. Money can always be raised through selling squad players, especially in the premier league. Money isn’t an issue, but finding quality players at affordable prices who want to join is. 

If you want to learn more about tactics you can take a look at a thread I made. This guy is tailor made for advanced forward in the “mirror image” of the tactic I posted: 

Thanks!  I will definitely check out that tactic.  I am trying to devour as much soccer tactics as possible.  As an American, I know American football and basketball tactics intuitively.  With soccer, I have a long journey ahead of me to learn soccer tactics.

1 minute ago, kr10 said:

One more thing - when evaluating players, don’t get too carried away by technical stats in isolation - a good goal scorer needs not only finishing, but also technique. He needs anticipation and off the ball to get into good goal scoring positions consistently, and composure and decisions to make the right choice in front of goal. Quickness and agility enables him to beat the defender, while balance ensures he is well placed to strike the ball as intended. 

always look at stats in a holistic manner. Same applies for passing, defensive stats etc. 

this guy has a good base in every single key stat. He’s going to be a star, don’t sell him

Thanks.  I think I will keep him.

6 hours ago, LyghtWayve said:

Don't sell him. Give him a long-term contract (including contract extension by club). His value will increase every year. This could be a future 50+ million star. It doesn't matter if he gets upset. There is too much money involved.

Edited by Tom 99

I still don't understand why his AMR position is highlighted while he is a natural at strikter position? 

Btw, i Agree on the not stelling him. If I Read correctly you havent played him much yet, so his attributes could easily explode still? And in any case, hé will be Worth a lot more within 2 years orso.. 

3 hours ago, DJ Sir Matthew said:

I still don't understand why his AMR position is highlighted while he is a natural at strikter position? 

Btw, i Agree on the not stelling him. If I Read correctly you havent played him much yet, so his attributes could easily explode still? And in any case, hé will be Worth a lot more within 2 years orso.. 

The game highlights his best role (if you haven't changed the option) so in this case his attributes best suit the Inside Forward role, rather than one of the Striker Roles.

Looking at the screenshot, you're still in the first season with Stoke? Not a starting player for the Stoke squad so it's a bit of weird one, but if you're at Stoke given some of the financial tightening in place such as having to cut back on the wage bill by around £50k a week selling him could free up money to make a promotion push.

On the flip side, given the chronic lack of pace in the Stoke squad, having someone else who brings a bit of pace to the side could be enormously helpful.

5 minutes ago, santy001 said:

Looking at the screenshot, you're still in the first season with Stoke? Not a starting player for the Stoke squad so it's a bit of weird one, but if you're at Stoke given some of the financial tightening in place such as having to cut back on the wage bill by around £50k a week selling him could free up money to make a promotion push.

On the flip side, given the chronic lack of pace in the Stoke squad, having someone else who brings a bit of pace to the side could be enormously helpful.

Yes, I just started this save with Stoke and it's my first year.  (I used all generated players because I don't like the silhouettes for faces.) 

I tried to offer him a new contract and he turned it down.  So, my goal is to keep him for another year, get what I can out of him, then perhaps next year he is willing to stay with the team or I could sell him for more.  He will start for me this year though - I need it.

You are right squad is full.  I am now trying to find a good goal keeper.

Looks like its Tyrese Campbell in a generated player form then. I don't know exactly how generated players work and if there is variance in PA and such but likely to be your paciest option up front.

1 minute ago, santy001 said:

Looks like its Tyrese Campbell in a generated player form then. I don't know exactly how generated players work and if there is variance in PA and such but likely to be your paciest option up front.

I see.  Thanks for the advice.

Do you know if their attitude towards the club can change over the course of a year?  For example, if I give him playing time and butter him up every now and then with compliments will that help?

You've got 3 years to change his mind, or at least 1 and then think about a possible sale. Promotion would probably be the easiest way to get the player to commit to the club moving forward. 

1 minute ago, santy001 said:

You've got 3 years to change his mind, or at least 1 and then think about a possible sale. Promotion would probably be the easiest way to get the player to commit to the club moving forward. 

Thanks.  I have rejected all offers for him but will give him tons of playing time and make him a starter.  Hopefully that softens him up.

I feel good about Stoke.  This is my second year playing the game seriously so I am still learning.  However, this Stoke team seems like it is really fun.

I wish there was a way to use the real players but with all new gen faces to avoid the silhouettes.