Ridiculous Amount Of Problems So Far

Very disappointed so far. Having just finished my first full season with notts county I have noticed many problems with the game. I only seem to score more than 1 goal if I go on holiday and not play, also this is the only way to have more than 4 shots a game no matter how many times I change my tactics. Never receive manager of the month award although only lost 1 game in league, checked certain months for proof I have collected more points than the 3 managers chosen almost every single month. No way to make extra money apart from sell players or ask the board. Giant killing mean absolutely nothing as don't benefit from wins in the cup, I got notts county to 2nd round of FA cup for what, absolutely nothing in return, a small fee for each round would be hugely beneficial for lower league teams wanting to cause an upset. I also get 6-7k fans every home game but only 4k turn up a Wembley for the fa trophy final (totally unrealistic). Also when ingo on holiday which I have to do to score more than 1 goal in a game, the match doesn't show how many people attended however this does show if I play the match myself. I also joined the backroom staff when I accomplished my license and all my board confidence reset itself straight after. Also the colours off my first team and my subs are the same colour, this just makes it difficult to tell the difference straight away. Pay way over the odds for players, however I can never sell one of my players for their full value never mind for more. I understand you cant make a profit on every player however this is every single time. I have only played 1 full season and can't quite believe the amount of little problems within the game. Not much has changed from last years version, I presumed year by year this game will get slightly more realistic but feel this year you have taken 2 steps backwards and theres just too many problems that make the game totally unrealistic and for a game that charges £8.99 I expected alot better this year.

• SI Staff

Hi,

Sorry to hear you're not enjoying the game at present - would you mind explaining a little more about what team you're using and what is your preferred tactical setup (I'd be happy to look at a save game if you'd care to forward one on).

If you aren't having many shots and not conceding goals - am I right in thinking you have fairly conservative/defensive minded tactics (perhaps counter attacking?).

No way to make extra money apart from sell players or ask the board. Giant killing mean absolutely nothing as don't benefit from wins in the cup, I got notts county to 2nd round of FA cup for what, absolutely nothing in return, a small fee for each round would be hugely beneficial for lower league teams wanting to cause an upset. I

There are rewards in terms of a bonus transfer amount from the board sometimes if you beat a larger team, however in general the round payments go towards upkeep at the club so aren't visible to you as manager of the club.

Pay way over the odds for players, however I can never sell one of my players for their full value never mind for more. I understand you cant make a profit on every player however this is every single time

With regards to transfers if you're actively trying to shift a player then clubs will tend to bid low because they know you want to sell - however if more than one club shows an interest you may be able to negotiate upward.

Similarly if you want to get players cheaper than the visible 'value' then look for players who appear unwanted by their clubs - especially those who are transfer listed.

I'm happy to discuss your approach and listen to concerns, suggest solutions if you'd care to post further.