League start dates question

When I start a save in, say, England around July, certain leagues like the Brazilian Serie A and Chinese Super League (both of which I have set to viewable) are not active. There are no fixtures and no player has played any match for the entire 2020 season.

Maybe I am misremembering, but in previous FM's results in these leagues that started before the beginning of the save were automatically generated at the start of the save game and the leagues were halfway through.

It's not a big deal, but I do wonder what effects it has on the players in those leagues to not play for the entirety of 2020. Am I doing something wrong?

1 hour ago, owsley said:

When I start a save in, say, England around July, certain leagues like the Brazilian Serie A and Chinese Super League (both of which I have set to viewable) are not active. There are no fixtures and no player has played any match for the entire 2020 season.

Maybe I am misremembering, but in previous FM's results in these leagues that started before the beginning of the save were automatically generated at the start of the save game and the leagues were halfway through.

It's not a big deal, but I do wonder what effects it has on the players in those leagues to not play for the entirety of 2020. Am I doing something wrong?

Nope, it was mentioned by SI elsewhere that, per discussions with some of those leagues on how to deal with league schedules due to Covid, it was agreed that their league seasons would just start at the beginning of 2021, as you've found. It's intended and agreed with the relevant licensed leagues.

3 minutes ago, JordanMillward_1 said:

Nope, it was mentioned by SI elsewhere that, per discussions with some of those leagues on how to deal with league schedules due to Covid, it was agreed that their league seasons would just start at the beginning of 2021, as you've found. It's intended and agreed with the relevant licensed leagues.

Thank you for the explanation