Player Registration bug

Edenios

Please feel free to move this topic if its in the wrong place

Summary: teams not registering players/player signed before registration window not able to be registered

Description of Issue: im playing as Norwich, got promoted first season, im about two weeks before the registration/ transfer window in the premier league but the season has started and games are being played. Im unable to register a player ive just signed (although i was warned before signing them but still odd as registration window still open) However, it appears that any team who qualified for europe last year (big 6 and Burnley) are unable to register pretty much their whole squads. So for the first few games of the season they are playing their U23 players

Steps to Reproduce: unsure of this but as a guess, play one season and see what happens to the teams that qualify for europe at the begining of the next season

Ive uploaded a file to owncloud - its called 'Matt Metcalf - Norwich.fm'

In the same boat, started my save a few days ago, first season was fine, now in the summer 2021 transfer window and it's all gone a bit wrong. Just played first round of La Liga fixtures and I was the only team with a squad registered. I'm going to play the next game and take a back up save before the registration deadline, then go past the deadline to see if it's a continuing issue.

17 hours ago, bowieinspace said:

In the same boat, started my save a few days ago, first season was fine, now in the summer 2021 transfer window and it's all gone a bit wrong. Just played first round of La Liga fixtures and I was the only team with a squad registered. I'm going to play the next game and take a back up save before the registration deadline, then go past the deadline to see if it's a continuing issue.

To follow up, it seemed to fix itself for the second game, but the first round of fixtures was played without any players registered

• SI Staff

This is an issue that was reported in the Pre Release Beta and  a potential fix had been put in for games started in full release. 

If you are encountering this issue still in a game started in the full release could you please let me know the following. 

A) If you have a save game a couple of weeks from before the season starts where this issue reproduces in the first match of the season

B) If you close down FM and reload does the issue persist. In a couple of save games we have been given by users once the save is reloaded the correct players are registered for the next league match. Whilst I understand this won't help the matches that have been played which have been affected by this issue it would be useful to know as it may help us to identify the issue.  

Cheers,

Ben

In a (somewhat) similar situation. Came 3rd in EPL as Everton. I've just signed a few players and released a few... Turns out I can't register them until 02/01/2022. Get a warning on new players that I can't register them until then as well. Disappointing stuff.

Re the above, I didn't play the beta and started maybe a week after the full release.

• SI Staff
4 hours ago, Luffy1991 said:

In a (somewhat) similar situation. Came 3rd in EPL as Everton. I've just signed a few players and released a few... Turns out I can't register them until 02/01/2022. Get a warning on new players that I can't register them until then as well. Disappointing stuff.

Re the above, I didn't play the beta and started maybe a week after the full release.

Hi Luffy, 

I believe this is just a cosmetic issue, the player can still be signed and registered. Additionally I believe if the save game is reloaded then warning will be removed. 

If these warnings aren't removed when the save is reloaded could you please upload your save game and we will take a look. 

Cheers,

Ben