Pre-game editor verifies rules...but game crashes at start of year 2

TheThirdMan

So...I have a huge database edit (Austria) that I created in FM20.  After a lot of research I was able to port it over to FM21 editor.  After some issues I was able to verify all the rules and start the game on FM21.  

All seemed fine until I reached the start of the following year (20 June).  Then the game crashes with no warning.  I've tried tinkering with things, even converted the rules back to basic.  No luck, the game cannot make it to a second year.  

What could be causing this?  Has anyone else seen this before?  The edit works perfectly fine in FM20 and I've never seen anything like this in a previous version.

Thanks in advance.

11 minutes ago, CoffeeFueledCurmudgeon said:

If you test competitions in the editor it typically tells you what broke. I usually run all files in the editor for 10 years before using it or even releasing it in a game.

I've done that, it says all the competitions are fine for at least five years.  But the game crashes going into year 2.

8 minutes ago, CoffeeFueledCurmudgeon said:

Are you running any other league files?

Yes, I'm running seven sets of nation rules, as the Austria save affected six other countries.  Is that a new problem in FM21?  It didn't seem to be in FM20.

I think this may be the problem, but I'm not sure how to fix it.

Sometimes its because, due to a world Cup or international event, it can't schedule the games- is the winter world Cup messing with your fixtures, such that you can't play the games you need to in the dates? Other times its because of promotion and relegation resulting in a sub league not having enough teams.

Worth copying the additional helpers from an existing SI file if you create anything from scratch as there are issues around Qatar now being scheduled in Winter.

Also, the Club World Cup format is now wrong in FM and will likely need patching in the next patch since they are no longer moving to the 24 team mess for the time being.

Premier League 'Additional Helpers' for example are found here:

Spoiler

image.png.7eb6098bc99f44b96b6a11fff7f3fc5f.png

They contain  the following which relate to changing dates around  finals comps

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.39109484325f3669da255c9f41e86eb8.png

...and COVID19

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.679ce29e0101f772108408fcfab0570d.png

You can copy a page, load the database, load your own file, and paste them in one by one. Not as laborious as it sounds.

Edited by CoffeeFueledCurmudgeon

I'm afraid to say that nothing at all seems to be working.  I've done what has been suggested with changing dates around the finals, but that doesn't seem to be the problem.  I've really done everything I can think of and nothing seems to be working.

I've sent the crash dump file to SI and at this point all I can do is wait.  I haven't seen anyone else with a problem like this, and the dump file doesn't explain what's going wrong.  It's very frustrating as I'm doing this project for someone else and I've put a good 80 hours into it.  In six years of editing I've never had an issue like this, so I'm truly stumped as to what to do next.

If anyone at all can help, I would be extremely appreciative.