Player Happiness

Just a question regarding happiness of players. I'm managing Spennymore Town, and im in 2027. Im currently in the championship and on my way up I've managed to win the league twice and got 4 promotions. Luckily for me i've also managed to retain most of my squad. Despite how well I have done and performed I am seeing that some of my players have some of the following happiness levels

1. Thinks the clubs culture needs to be improved
2. Dislikes the intense work rate that his team mates expect

Can anyone give me any help in how I can remediate this? I feel like the management of the team as a whole cant be bad. I manage pretty much all of what goes off so not sure whats going on or where I can improve?

• SI Staff
4 hours ago, NEO-BAHAMUT- said:

Can anyone give me any help in how I can remediate this? I feel like the management of the team as a whole cant be bad. I manage pretty much all of what goes off so not sure whats going on or where I can improve?

Ok each player has a distinct personality (as in real-life) and the club itself has a 'culture' based on the personality of the players there, biased by those who are more influential.

So if you have influential players who are strict professionals then a more unprofessional player might not feel fully at home there etc.

In the cases you've mentioned.

This is a professional player indicating that he's not overly happy at the unprofessional approach of his team-mates. You can improve this by bringing in more professional players and changing the club culture, obviously though this might upset the unprofessional players.

This is a lazy player who is in a team with lots of hard-working players. He really doesn't want to have to work out in training, thank you very much. In his eyes training is an inconvenience he endures between match days where his skill gets to shine. He gets up and appears at the training ground AND then the team have the audacity to expect him to run, what is the world coming to?
This can be offset by signing players who are lazier - this might not be good for results though and hard-working players might not be happy.

(balancing personalities in the squad is a little more complex this version, however also don't overly 'stress' over these where a player is professional he'll get on with things even if he's a little disgruntled ... if on the other hand the player is unprofessional and influential ... then they can spell trouble on the horizon)

Ok thanks Mark - my team is made up of "youth" which i have found through the scouting system. The oldest player in my team is like 22. My reserve team is not far off the same level as my 1st team. You would have thought that all the promotions i've had back to back would have made my team would acknowledge that.

• SI Staff
8 minutes ago, NEO-BAHAMUT- said:

Ok thanks Mark - my team is made up of "youth" which i have found through the scouting system. The oldest player in my team is like 22. My reserve team is not far off the same level as my 1st team. You would have thought that all the promotions i've had back to back would have made my team would acknowledge that.

Ok that might be part of your problem by the sounds of it - youth can be more volatile and moody than mature players ... and they're also far more easily lead by whoever are the leaders in your group.

I expect you've gone for quality/potential when making signings and not really worried about personalities so you might have a disparate mix of people at the squad, it sounds like their quality is pulling your team through ... but at some point you might find it doesn't and have to take this side of things into account a little more.

(incidentally on the dynamics page pay particular attention to players with a warning triangle behind them - these have personalities which 'might' cause issues within the squad more than others ... also be very worried with a young squad if your predominant squad mechanics are negative as youngsters can be lead astray easily ...)