So many things wrong with Football Manager 2021 touch

Joncardiff88

I love Football manager games and spend quite a bit of time on the game but quite disappointed with Football manager 2021 touch on the IPad. I’m using the IPad mini 5 the 2020 addition. There are so many things that’s wrong with the game that needs fixing. In the last few Football Manager games in pre season friendlies there are 9am kick off times no team in the uk kick off at 9am. You can’t click on a player name to go to their profile. The Dug out on Match days is empty and feels pointless if nothing comes up. I also feel that the match day experience was smoother in football manager 2020 but I do like the team sheet in this year’s addition. The latest scores all show at 0-0 and the shouts don’t feel like they do much. In one cup match I couldn’t make a substitute then the rest of the games I played I had no problem. The game drains the battery I had 100% battery when I started the game 2 hours and had to put it on charge. I’ve got to click the continue buttons at least 3 times to go on to the next page. I also liked the information in football manager 2020 game where you can see the attendance and the weather forecast in the match which haven’t been added into this years game.there are probably more that I’ve missed but these are the important ones that needs fixing as it’s making the game unplayable. Thanks for your time 

8D31FB77-1A94-4C84-9B35-5F075DA4EEBD.png

Your opinions are valid but I don’t think it’s unplayable. People seem to have very extreme opinions on the forum.

There will be updates with fixes. It’s good that the shouts don’t have a massive impact. Each input should create small changes not wild swings. I’m sure the weather and highlights will return. 

the timings are wrong i agree but that will be fixed sad in the meantime just pretend they’re at other times

your ipad sapping energy reflects how intense the game is. That’s a good thing. Would you like them so simplify the game so it uses less electricity? That would be a step backwards, I don’t think si can be blamed for not always taking weaker machines into account. gaming should push barriers. Maybe your iPad would cope better with the mobile version?

the game has leapt forward this year. Your complaints are legitimate nut let’s celebrate the significant developments 

Edited by steam just is

My iPad mini is the newest one only come out last year and football manager 2020 worked fine so does football manager 2021 it’s quite fast and have no problems in that department it’s just the simple things and so many people have the same problems. Paid good money for the game and shouldn’t have this many bugs in the game already. But I do understand in these hard times that it could happen.

I agree it’s the small things that make a big difference like the latest scores all being 0-0 what happens when your in the final game of the season and need to win and hope the other team loses to get promoted or win the league and you can’t check, It takes the fun away from it. What is one thing that you’ve picked up on that makes it unplayable?

30 minutes ago, Joncardiff88 said:

I agree it’s the small things that make a big difference like the latest scores all being 0-0 what happens when your in the final game of the season and need to win and hope the other team loses to get promoted or win the league and you can’t check, It takes the fun away from it. What is one thing that you’ve picked up on that makes it unplayable?

This is exactly what happened to me. Last day of the season I thought I won the league as was given a trophy pres, then loaded onto the next page to see I had finished 2nd 😂. For me that’s a big deal. Could see it becoming a right pain with CL and EL groups aswell that are tight. Let’s hope the devs are putting in some night shifts to fix this as not sure how my Xmas is going to be much fun! 

45 minutes ago, Joncardiff88 said:

Tactics. Can’t make players stay wide etc. That and hyperlinks to players and teams. 

1 hour ago, Joncardiff88 said:

Fair comment. So the choices are;

ask for refund.

wait until bugs are resolved (and they will be)

play the game in the knowledge it’s not yet complete. 

I just don’t think the devs deserve anger or demands. It’s a complicated year and you have to admit the game has changed radically. 

2 hours ago, steam just is said:

Fair comment. So the choices are;

ask for refund.

wait until bugs are resolved (and they will be)

play the game in the knowledge it’s not yet complete. 

I just don’t think the devs deserve anger or demands. It’s a complicated year and you have to admit the game has changed radically. 

There is no anger here maybe a little disappointed but I respect the developers and the hard work they put in. But not just me but lots more people have been waiting to play this game since it was announced that It will be out on the 1st and now we got to wait a bit longer for a update which I’m happy to do so. 

I just wanted to add more information to the “latest scores” bug report.

All scores remain at 0-0 until after the match has finished.  My team got a league trophy celebration animation, despite other results meaning that we didn’t win the league.  This was really odd!

The App Store ratings and reviews for touch so far are filled with reports of bugs so you’d hope SI will aim to resolve these ASAP as who’s going to download the game a week after release with an average rating of 3.2 out of 5 and a number of reviews mentioning countless bugs we’ve flagged on the forum as well.

agree with what someone else wrote that it feels like a live beta for the game and we’re  just finding the bugs for SI. No problem with that, would have just been nice to have been told that - there would be much less annoyed people if they knew there was going to be this many bugs and that we were being asked to help identify them rather than believing the game was ready to go (dread to think what it would be like if it hadn’t been delayed a week!)

Edited by dlj1905

There’s far to many crashes in the game, I’ve managed to play 2 games but counted 16 crashes in total. Match information like possession is missing as is manager history to name just 2. I’m aware there will be fixes available in time and I’m sure this happened in 2020 too until fixes were made. Great potential as always just wish it didn’t crash so much

On 05/12/2020 at 14:47, Joncardiff88 said:

There is no anger here maybe a little disappointed but I respect the developers and the hard work they put in. But not just me but lots more people have been waiting to play this game since it was announced that It will be out on the 1st and now we got to wait a bit longer for a update which I’m happy to do so. 

Fair comment again! Fingers crossed update comes soon

Edited by steam just is