[FM21] Full Team Name Scoreboard & Faces on the Bench

giglet13

On 12/12/2020 at 23:20, Wells said:

TNQHeCY.png 

Here it is

The panel should be in your panels/match and also extract graphics to your skin/graphics folder.

match score area panel.xml 7.51 kB · 222 downloads   graphics.rar 7.04 kB · 203 downloads

If done everything you've said :P

placed the match score area panel.xml in the Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2021/Panels/Match directory and the boxes-map in my Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2021/graphics folder but it doesn't seem to work. I'm using the default FM theme.

What am I doing wrong? :P I already did the cache thing and reload my skin

Schermafbeelding 2020-12-26 om 21.17.23.png

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 12/12/2020 at 22:20, Wells said:

TNQHeCY.png 

Here it is

The panel should be in your panels/match and also extract graphics to your skin/graphics folder.

match score area panel.xml 7.51 kB · 233 downloads   graphics.rar 7.04 kB · 213 downloads

Thanks, however I'm still getting "SHORT NAME" entries pulling through; "Man Utd" instead of "Manchester United" and "Leeds" instead of "Leeds United".

I can see in your screenshot that the game is calling in the "NAME" entry not "SHORT NAME" or "SIX LETTER NAME" - how have you achieved that?

Have I missed something? (I'm also using M. Murray's match screens mod and the sortitoutsi Real Name Fix, if that makes a difference here? - on the Base Skin)

Screenshot-2020-12-27-at-15-36-14.png

Screenshot-2020-12-27-at-13-53-02.png

If I try to add @Jas80 code into your match score area panel.xml file, the names just disappear completely from the scoreboard:

On 08/12/2020 at 23:20, Jas80 said:

After many attempts, this is the code for full names in match scoreboard (match score area panel.xml):

<!--home team name-->
<widget class="team_button" id="homN" icon_enabled="false" auto_size="none" font="title" size="10" alignment="right,centre_y,can_scale" click_event="htac" navigation_focus_target="false" colour="black" mode="1">
  <record id="object_property" get_property="home" set_property="valu" />
</widget>

<!--away team name--> 
<widget class="team_button" id="awaN" icon_enabled="false" auto_size="none" font="title" size="10" alignment="left,centre_y,can_scale" click_event="atac" navigation_focus_target="false" colour="black" mode="1">
  <record id="object_property" get_property="away" set_property="valu" />
</widget>

Replace this code with the original one.

It's a mix of Material Skin and FLUT Skin codes.

Does this need another file, like in the Editor Data folder, to call the "NAME" entries through?

Edited by stevemc

On 10/12/2020 at 17:34, Haiku said:

This is not bad either:

2114e714f3c1b0f1dd4a7bdcd207086f.png

How did you extend the black boarder around it?

Mine looks like this (I don't like the logo's and coloured strip touching the top & bottom):

Screenshot-2020-12-27-at-18-07-53.png

Edited by stevemc

On 27/12/2020 at 08:23, Quickzz said:

If done everything you've said :P

placed the match score area panel.xml in the Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2021/Panels/Match directory and the boxes-map in my Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2021/graphics folder but it doesn't seem to work. I'm using the default FM theme.

What am I doing wrong? :P I already did the cache thing and reload my skin

Schermafbeelding 2020-12-26 om 21.17.23.png

Can anybody help me? :P

1 hour ago, Quickzz said:

the match score area panel.xml have you taken the number off the front so its just dispaling  match score area panel

so if your xml file looks like this  1810638715_matchscoreareapanel   then you need to remove the numbers and make sure the letters are spaced out like this    match score area panel

that how it should look not with any numbers and not all squashed up

Edited by Guest

2 hours ago, Jeffs72 said:

the match score area panel.xml have you taken the number off the front so its just dispaling  match score area panel

so if your xml file looks like this  1810638715_matchscoreareapanel   then you need to remove the numbers and make sure the letters are spaced out like this    match score area panel

that how it should look not with any numbers and not all squashed up

But the letters are spaced out like match score area panel :P like I said in my previous post

1 hour ago, Quickzz said:

But the letters are spaced out like match score area panel :P like I said in my previous post

go into your skin folder and go into your graphics folder/boxes/custom and delete the match folder if there is one in there and replace it with the new match folder

then go to panels folder/match  and replace the match score area panel file with the new one  ill send you mine

https://www.mediafire.com/file/vxckoiiuowz0pod/scoreboard.rar/file

Edited by Guest

7 hours ago, Quickzz said:

All I can think of is you're not adding the files to your actual skin directory. It should go Sports Interactive > Football Manager 2021> skins > [name of skin] > graphics > ...

Check out this thread and download the base21 skin (which is just the default skin) and then try adding the files to this (and make sure to select the skin from the drop down in preferences).

1 hour ago, Mikal said:

All I can think of is you're not adding the files to your actual skin directory. It should go Sports Interactive > Football Manager 2021> skins > [name of skin] > graphics > ...

Check out this thread and download the base21 skin (which is just the default skin) and then try adding the files to this (and make sure to select the skin from the drop down in preferences).

Ive just told him what to do in the post above Ive even give him me scoreboard and told him how to follow simple instructions 

"Turns out it is possible to get the Team Names to Recolour whilst using the normal names, you just need to fudge it by using a class that can be recoloured such as the team name when it's part of the incidents file;"

Thanks Mr. Murray !!!! 

And - to clarify....we would then need a  match incidents right score for the away team? Or does the one panel handle both teams? I guess I'll find out when I try it....

Ok - I now have this (see below).... trying to fix the logos so that they are both next to the score rather than both being to the left of the team name

Screen Shot 2020-12-29 at 5.52.30 PM.png

Edited by Onyewu
add scoreboard

10 hours ago, michaeltmurrayuk said:

Turns out it is possible to get the Team Names to Recolour whilst using the normal names, you just need to fudge it by using a class that can be recoloured such as the team name when it's part of the incidents file;

NOTE THIS INFO IS FOR SKINNERS, IF I GET A CHANCE I'LL CREATE A DOWNLOADABLE FILE FOR ENDUSERS LATER THIS WEEK, BUT IN THE MEANTIME SKINNERS CAN USE/ALTER THE CODE TO SUIT.

scoreboardteamcolours.thumb.jpg.3d52ebf0ad98b1a8ec4111d41c667560.jpg

To do it that way in the match score area panel xml file found in the panels\match folder extracted from the panels fmf file locate the container for the home/away team;

<container class="main_box_no_margin" red_replacement="white" appearance="boxes/custom/match/tv captions/si tv/score/home team/paper" id="T1Co">
<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="all" apply_to_children="true" inset="0"/>

<widget class="text_button" id="T1nm" font="title" size="9.5" alignment="centre" click_event="htac" navigation_focus_target="false" colour="black"/>

</container>

And replace it with this code:

<container class="home_match_incidents_panel" id="Hnkp" file="match/match incidents left score" height="50">
<record id="object_property">
<integer id="get_property" value="objt" />
<integer id="set_property" value="objt" />
</record>
</container>

For the away team change the Home bit to Away and the id to Ankp.

For the linked match incidents left score xml file the filename isn't important it just needs to match the filename of a file found in the panels\match folder (I've just re-purposed and renamed the pmr incidents file from my match mod which already had the colour code working) and you can use different files for home/away or the same one it just depends on how you want the content laid out.

The below code is the example code from the match incidents left score file used to display the name in the screenshot:

<panel colour_team_names="true" colour_team_scores="true">

<widget class="picture" id="bkcl" auto_size="vertical" file="boxes/custom/match/tv captions/si tv/score/away team/paper" cached="true" rthr="68" alignment="centre">
<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="horizontal" inset="0" />
<layout class="centre_in_parent_attachment" alignment="vertical" />
</widget>

<container>
<layout class="arrange_horizontal_attachment" layout="65,-1" gap="10" offset="10"/>
<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="vertical" inset="0" apply_to_children="true"/>
<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="all" inset="0"/>

<container height="40" width="65" >
<widget class="match_team_logo_picture" id="TeLo" image_alignment="left" scale_picture="true" keep_aspect_ratio="true" alignment="left">
<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="all" inset="5,10,5,0" /> 
</widget>
</container>

<widget class="text" id="mitn" font="title" size="xlarge" alignment="centre" multiline="false"/>

</container>

</panel>

The first widget sets the background graphic with the id="bkcl" setting the colour and the file path telling the game what graphic to use (just re-used the default away graphic)

Second widget is for the logo.

Final widget is used to display the team name.

If you the kit showing as well you can take the code from the match incidents left/right pmr xml files from my match mod (which is what this code is based on).

You'll also need to increase the width values from the match score area panel xml file to fit in the extended team names.

Hi mate, I tried this. Extracted the match score area panel from the panels.fmf area. Replaced the code that you mentioned for home and away. Also I renamed the match incidents left pmr to match incidents left score (the mod file). Made sure I changed the lines to match how you have it but when I clear cache and reload skin, the team names disappear and are replaced by kits instead. Screenshot included. not sure what im doing wrong. Thanks

Screenshot 2020-12-29 at 22.28.48.png

Edited by beanos36

@ucdark @beanos36 You need to increase the width values in the match score area panel file.

@Onyewu You can use the same file if you want them both to appear the same, if you want them mirrored then you'll need to use two files and flip the name/logo order (you can look in the existing left/right files to see what needs moving).

13 minutes ago, michaeltmurrayuk said:

@ucdark @beanos36 You need to increase the width values in the match score area panel file.

@Onyewu You can use the same file if you want them both to appear the same, if you want them mirrored then you'll need to use two files and flip the name/logo order (you can look in the existing left/right files to see what needs moving).

Which part in the code defines the Waiting for Highlights part? This isn't in the match score area panel.xml ? It's defined in another panel?

23 minutes ago, Rivanov said:

Which part in the code defines the Waiting for Highlights part? This isn't in the match score area panel.xml ? It's defined in another panel?

If you want to resize that (rather than just push it closer to the scoreboard) then you'll need to edit match title bar found in the fm\panels\match folder you'll need to extract from the skins fmf file. Looks like this bit should control the width; auto_size_maximum_width="210"

I tried using this with the tcs 1.1 skin (with added colour top bar) and it must be conflicting with something I ended up with a changed top bar, club badges but no team names. 
spent a good few hours last night trying different things only to decide to delete the skin, download again and start over but now fm21 isn’t recognising the skin!! Any ideas before I re install the full game?

I did manage to add the player face widget with no issues it just seems adding edited files to a skin is where my technical expertise is maxed out haha

3 hours ago, michaeltmurrayuk said:

If you want to resize that (rather than just push it closer to the scoreboard) then you'll need to edit match title bar found in the fm\panels\match folder you'll need to extract from the skins fmf file. Looks like this bit should control the width; auto_size_maximum_width="210"

I want to push it against the scoreboard since there is a pixel gap between scoreboard and Waiting for Highlights part. But I can’t find this part in the match score area panel.xml

8 minutes ago, Rivanov said:

I want to push it against the scoreboard since there is a pixel gap between scoreboard and Waiting for Highlights part. But I can’t find this part in the match score area panel.xml

It's likely the width value at the top of the score area file if you haven't set that to the exact same value as the content of that panel you'll have a gap between the score stuff and wait container.

1 hour ago, Boroboss said:

I tried using this with the tcs 1.1 skin (with added colour top bar) and it must be conflicting with something I ended up with a changed top bar, club badges but no team names. 
spent a good few hours last night trying different things only to decide to delete the skin, download again and start over but now fm21 isn’t recognising the skin!! Any ideas before I re install the full game?

I did manage to add the player face widget with no issues it just seems adding edited files to a skin is where my technical expertise is maxed out haha

Make sure you have re-installed the skin into the correct location (for example not put it into a sub-folder), if it is in the correct place then try deleting your cache files to ensure any trace of the old broken version has been removed;

57 minutes ago, michaeltmurrayuk said:

Make sure you have re-installed the skin into the correct location (for example not put it into a sub-folder), if it is in the correct place then try deleting your cache files to ensure any trace of the old broken version has been removed;

extracted the zip file to graphics/skins and it all shows ok, when I load it onto the game it creates a skins file with a config file in football manager 2021 file same as it did the first time except now it only ever shows the default skin in the drop down box, I’ve cleared the cache, ticked unticked the right boxes 100 times over at this point!

I don’t understand how the problem persists on a fresh install of the game ( I made sure to delete all fm21 files on the system after the steam uninstall)

all I did was add the match score area panel to the tcs 1.1 skin and now I’m unable to add any skin at all

Edited by Boroboss

12 minutes ago, Boroboss said:

extracted the zip file to graphics/skins and it all shows ok, when I load it onto the game it creates a skins file with a config file in football manager 2021 file same as it did the first time except now it only ever shows the default skin in the drop down box, I’ve cleared the cache, ticked unticked the right boxes 100 times over at this point!

I don’t understand how the problem persists on a fresh install of the game ( I made sure to delete all fm21 files on the system after the steam uninstall)

Skins need to go into the Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2021\skins\ folder not the graphics folder, you also need to make sure you haven't extracted the skin into a sub folder there are step-by-step instructions with images showing an example of how it should look here:

6 minutes ago, michaeltmurrayuk said:

Skins need to go into the Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2021\skins\ folder not the graphics folder, you also need to make sure you haven't extracted the skin into a sub folder there are step-by-step instructions with images showing an example of how it should look here:

Thanks for your help, feel like a right idiot now haha! In my defence the instructions on footballmanagerstories (found via google) says to put in skins inside graphics.

either way it’s showing up now thanks again 

Just clipped from above example - can anyone share the code/detail where the colour is determined for this part of the player faces on bench panel? I have my faces etc showing fine but they're still a purple backing and would be good to edit to fit the skin I'm using :)1491938425_ScreenShot2020-12-30at18_04_04.png.7ab506ef9c39842837098196c0be054c.png

49 minutes ago, giglet13 said:

Just clipped from above example - can anyone share the code/detail where the colour is determined for this part of the player faces on bench panel? I have my faces etc showing fine but they're still a purple backing and would be good to edit to fit the skin I'm using :)1491938425_ScreenShot2020-12-30at18_04_04.png.7ab506ef9c39842837098196c0be054c.png

If you mean the fade colour behind then it's default value is bg accent declared in the settings file for your skin.

If you want to change that graphic (or it's colour) without changing the overall accent colour for your skin then you can change the colours for just that bit by editing the paper xml file found in the sitoolkit\skins\fm-widgets\graphics\boxes\custom\match\card folder extracted from the sitoolkit fmf file.

5 hours ago, michaeltmurrayuk said:

It's likely the width value at the top of the score area file if you haven't set that to the exact same value as the content of that panel you'll have a gap between the score stuff and wait container.

Thanks! I decreased the panel width from 656 to 653 and now the gap is gone. :)

16 hours ago, michaeltmurrayuk said:

Thanks @michaeltmurrayuk that's worked perfectly, the colours work correctly now

Just a couple of questions, the score seems to duplicate itself at the far right of the team names (I've uploaded a screenshot). Any way to remove it?

The other was the part of the code you advised to replace I think had the text size of the team names

<container class="main_box_no_margin" red_replacement="white" appearance="boxes/custom/match/tv captions/si tv/score/home team/paper" id="T1Co">
<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="all" apply_to_children="true" inset="0"/>

<widget class="text_button" id="T1nm" font="title" size="9.5" alignment="centre" click_event="htac" navigation_focus_target="false" colour="black"/>

</container>

<container class="home_match_incidents_panel" id="Hnkp" file="match/match incidents left score" height="50">
</record>
</container>

(I've highlighted that bit in black). Is there any way within the new code you can adjust the team name size. You'll see that the team name text is smaller than the score in the middle as well on the screenshot

Thanks as usual

Screenshot 2020-12-31 at 02.03.13.png

Edited by beanos36

@beanos36 If you have just renamed the pmr incidents file you'll need to remove container for the scores from the incidents file (so your code looks more like mine in the initial post).

To change the team name sizes you just need to adjust the size bit of code for the name widget - should be set as xlarge in the incidents file just change that to 9.5 if that is the size you want.

6 hours ago, michaeltmurrayuk said:

@michaeltmurrayuk

Hi mate on  wells scoreboard how do i add kit logos like flut as on his scoreboard please i have attached a screenshot to show you

many thanks

564101273_Screenshot2020-12-30144932.png.a4e3d8c8a762e79b45832a3a2bf321a9.png

Edited by Guest

3 hours ago, michaeltmurrayuk said:

@beanos36 If you have just renamed the pmr incidents file you'll need to remove container for the scores from the incidents file (so your code looks more like mine in the initial post).

To change the team name sizes you just need to adjust the size bit of code for the name widget - should be set as xlarge in the incidents file just change that to 9.5 if that is the size you want.

Superb, all done. Thanks for this, just changed the code from xlarge to xxlarge. Colours are showing correctly, duplicate scores removed, size all sorted, etc 

@michaeltmurrayuk Forgot to ask. Is there a way to put the team names on the scoreboard in bold? Just to make them stand out a bit more? Thanks. Checked the incidents file that I renamed and the text section has a line that says font "title". Would I have to put a line in there to make the text bold? Ta.

Or if not then can I choose whatever font I want for the team names on the scoreboard as there is a bold font in the fonts folder of the skin im using

Thanks

On 31/12/2020 at 03:01, beanos36 said:

Thanks @michaeltmurrayuk that's worked perfectly, the colours work correctly now

Just a couple of questions, the score seems to duplicate itself at the far right of the team names (I've uploaded a screenshot). Any way to remove it?

The other was the part of the code you advised to replace I think had the text size of the team names

</container>

</record>
</container>

(I've highlighted that bit in black). Is there any way within the new code you can adjust the team name size. You'll see that the team name text is smaller than the score in the middle as well on the screenshot

Thanks as usual

Screenshot 2020-12-31 at 02.03.13.png

any chance of sharing this score area panel? I would like to add club kits into the scoreboard, thanks

6 hours ago, Vince_957 said:

any chance of sharing this score area panel? I would like to add club kits into the scoreboard, thanks

The score panel I use is this one but it links to other files and graphics, so the way I have it is like in the pic I've included. Although @a31632made a stunning one as well, so I use both of them

Screenshot 2021-01-01 at 21.18.11.png

match score area panel.xml

20 hours ago, beanos36 said:

The score panel I use is this one but it links to other files and graphics, so the way I have it is like in the pic I've included. Although @a31632made a stunning one as well, so I use both of them

Screenshot 2021-01-01 at 21.18.11.png

match score area panel.xml 6.16 kB · 14 downloads

I need also the graphics file to make it work, can you share it? Thanks!

2 hours ago, Vince_957 said:

I need also the graphics file to make it work, can you share it? Thanks!

All the graphics for this are located in the OPZ skin. The only thing I have modified is the length of the scoreboard and size of the names and score. Also changed the scoreboard font

Fantastic work on this beanos36!

Ive managed to get it working perfectly on mine.

Just one question. Looking at your image above, afc wimbledon is a very stronger blue than on mine. Mine looks lighter as though they are slightly transparent. Any idea why this is? Is it a setting that you have changed or a change in the coding you've made on yours perhaps?

11 minutes ago, Sheffield Hammer said:

Fantastic work on this beanos36!

Ive managed to get it working perfectly on mine.

Just one question. Looking at your image above, afc wimbledon is a very stronger blue than on mine. Mine looks lighter as though they are slightly transparent. Any idea why this is? Is it a setting that you have changed or a change in the coding you've made on yours perhaps?

Not 100% on this but for the graphic information of the scoreboard the match score area panel points to two files on mine (one is the match incidents left score and match incidents right score panels

Within these panels this code that Michael put above sets the graphic of the background I'll paste his notes from below)

<widget class="picture" id="bkcl" auto_size="vertical" file="boxes/custom/match/tv captions/si tv/score/away team/paper" cached="true" rthr="68" alignment="centre"> 

So the file mentioned in that code sets the graphic in game

This scoreboard is directly from the OPZ skin though, all ive done is made the score area wider and the text and score bigger, plus changed the font. So I cant take credit for it. The guys that design these skins do a tremendous job every year. Like I said on a previous post, I would have given up a long time ago with FM if it wasn't for the help of the skinners on this website.

The below code is the example code from the match incidents left score file used to display the name in the screenshot:

</widget>

<container>
<layout class="arrange_horizontal_attachment" layout="65,-1" gap="10" offset="10"/>
<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="vertical" inset="0" apply_to_children="true"/>

<widget class="match_team_logo_picture" id="TeLo" image_alignment="left" scale_picture="true" keep_aspect_ratio="true" alignment="left">
</widget>
</container>

<widget class="text" id="mitn" font="title" size="xlarge" alignment="centre" multiline="false"/>

</container>

</panel>

The first widget sets the background graphic with the id="bkcl" setting the colour and the file path telling the game what graphic to use (just re-used the default away graphic)

25 minutes ago, beanos36 said:

Not 100% on this but for the graphic information of the scoreboard the match score area panel points to two files on mine (one is the match incidents left score and match incidents right score panels

Within these panels this code that Michael put above sets the graphic of the background I'll paste his notes from below)

So the file mentioned in that code sets the graphic in game

This scoreboard is directly from the OPZ skin though, all ive done is made the score area wider and the text and score bigger, plus changed the font. So I cant take credit for it. The guys that design these skins do a tremendous job every year. Like I said on a previous post, I would have given up a long time ago with FM if it wasn't for the help of the skinners on this website.

The below code is the example code from the match incidents left score file used to display the name in the screenshot:

</widget>

<container>

</widget>
</container>

</container>

</panel>

Thanks mate. will give it a go.

On 31/12/2020 at 22:11, beanos36 said:

@michaeltmurrayuk Forgot to ask. Is there a way to put the team names on the scoreboard in bold? Just to make them stand out a bit more? Thanks. Checked the incidents file that I renamed and the text section has a line that says font "title". Would I have to put a line in there to make the text bold? Ta.

Or if not then can I choose whatever font I want for the team names on the scoreboard as there is a bold font in the fonts folder of the skin im using

Thanks

Yes you just need to add a style="bold" bit to make the text bold, or you can change the font bit to point to a different font style if you have one you want to use declared in your fonts folder.

@batnuna Text alignment is controlled by what alignment you have set in the file, check my above code if you want it centred.

@can_9 First make sure you have used a unique incidents file to edit the scoreboard, you can use an existing file as a base but you need to rename it to something unique to stop it being used on other screens. If you have used a unique name then you'll need to check where you got the instant result button from as that will be calling the same file and you'll need to check to see if you can stop it calling the scoreboard file, otherwise if not then the two mods won't be compatible and you'll need to choose which one you want.

3 ore fa, can_9 ha scritto:

when i used instant result, it shows me the result and statistics of the match like this. There is mixing :/ how can i solve it?

Screenshot_5.png.0d16b2e3f1397859e47ecd151c025a9a.png

@can_9, rename the files below to match overview popup panel.xml and match full time review panel2.xml and put them in panels/match of your skin

match overview popup panel.xml match full time review panel2.xml

Edited by Jas80

2 hours ago, michaeltmurrayuk said:

@batnuna Text alignment is controlled by what alignment you have set in the file, check my above code if you want it centred.

Thanks for the reply. I took a look at your code, but I'm afraid I didn't really understand what to do.

I saw this line of code in the file:

<widget class="team_button" id="homN" icon_enabled="true" auto_size="none" font="title" size="10" alignment="right,centre_y,can_scale" click_event="htac" navigation_focus_target="false" colour="black" mode="1">

Changed the "alignment=right..." to "centre", but it only centred the text, while the team emblems remained misaligned.