'People' Search Won't Work On Pre-Game Editor

JayJayOkocha

Hi all,

Apologies if this is a known bug that has been covered elsewhere, I'm new to the forum. When I search via the 'People' category on the editor database, it won't show any names or let me click on any of the people. It still says however many results there are, but I can't view them even if I double click where they ought to be.

This didn't happen when I first bought the game, and it doesn't happen when I search via any of the other categories. It happens on whatever I search for via the people search though. I've tried closing and reopening the editor & steam, uninstalling and reinstalling it, and everything else I could think of.

These days I primarily buy FM for the database, and the people search, so any fixes / help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Screen Shot 2020-12-11 at 16.39.51.png

5 hours ago, BedeviledEgg said:

yes it's a known bug

delete your C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Sports Interactive\Editor 2021 directory to clear the app's cache and reload it, that will fix it for a while

Thank you, I've just seen the original/main thread, which I must have missed beforehand. I'll try the suggested fixes in the morning and keep my fingers crossed, never had it happen on any previous FMs.

On 17/12/2020 at 08:38, Mure2609 said:

Hope so. I have been waiting for 3 weeks now. This makes me think that maybe i wont buy FM next year. Why buy something that does not work

I'm in a pretty similar boat. Is there any reason why neither this nor the other thread about it has been flagged as a 'known issue' yet? It gives the impression that it's not even being worked on yet, never mind fixed.

I can assure anyone from SI that I'm not making it up...

Have you updated game to 21.2?  It's supposed to be fixed in patch.

I, and many others, had same problem (and it IS a known issue to SI).  And below fix does work.

On 11/12/2020 at 13:45, BedeviledEgg said:

yes it's a known bug

delete your C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Sports Interactive\Editor 2021 directory to clear the app's cache and reload it, that will fix it for a while

Very frustrating. same issue for me - tried the "quick fix" that's floating around but that isn't working for me (I have a Mac and after hours of searching still unable to find the mythical files to delete). I see several threads of this so I know they've seen the issue, why is it taking month+...?!?

• SI Staff
On 18/12/2020 at 15:32, JayJayOkocha said:

I'm in a pretty similar boat. Is there any reason why neither this nor the other thread about it has been flagged as a 'known issue' yet? It gives the impression that it's not even being worked on yet, never mind fixed.

I can assure anyone from SI that I'm not making it up...

On 19/12/2020 at 16:42, lordmitchell04 said:

Very frustrating. same issue for me - tried the "quick fix" that's floating around but that isn't working for me (I have a Mac and after hours of searching still unable to find the mythical files to delete). I see several threads of this so I know they've seen the issue, why is it taking month+...?!?

Hi, to clarify have either of you encountered the issue after the most recent update to the Editor (The build number under File > About should be 1499636)? There was a fix for a cache issue causing the columns to not be able to populate or be edited.

However if this has not resolved the issue for you both could you follow the steps here to find the Local Sports Interactive file, but instead zip the Editor 2021 folder and upload that to our cloud service please? Thanks

@Freddie Sands correct, it was still happening after the most recent update 1499636.

I had a friend more computer savvy than myself figure it out yesterday, so it is now working correctly and I no longer have this issue. But this did take a friend more familiar with the system making changes to allow it to work correctly.

Thank you for your help regardless.

Screen Shot 2020-12-22 at 6.38.07 PM.png

On 25/12/2020 at 23:25, kalokalitokalo said:

There is a solution while we wait the patch: Just right click and change the view to the standard one.

Hi. Can you please explain how and where to do that ?

Thx in advance :thup:

On 07/01/2021 at 10:05, kalokalitokalo said:

image.png.29d689020bfd04f7b373d3ad806165a9.png

Unfortunately the line under "records found" don't show up under people. but it does under others. Eg. clubs... so can't right-click on the line to get the pop-up menu. 

• 2 months later...