Stadium pool in a league competition not working

Mons

Putting the final touches to my Maltese file and I discovered the intriguing possibility of having a stadium pool for competitions, which is essentially how it works in Maltese football, where the concept of home and away doesn't exist since nobody plays in their home stadium because they're not large enough.

However, it's not really working as I'd imagined it. Having a stadium pool of a set number of stadiums doesn't overwrite the stadium which the club has set as its home if it's not in the pool, and removing a club's home stadium means their nominal home matches are played at an unknown stadium.

Is there anything else which needs to be done for this feature to work?

3 minutes ago, Mons said:

Putting the final touches to my Maltese file and I discovered the intriguing possibility of having a stadium pool for competitions, which is essentially how it works in Maltese football, where the concept of home and away doesn't exist since nobody plays in their home stadium because they're not large enough.

However, it's not really working as I'd imagined it. Having a stadium pool of a set number of stadiums doesn't overwrite the stadium which the club has set as its home if it's not in the pool, and removing a club's home stadium means their nominal home matches are played at an unknown stadium.

Is there anything else which needs to be done for this feature to work?

What's the stadium setting? At least in earlier version you'd need to set Stadium in the schedule. I think it's set to Home by default. 

I'm not 100% sure which one works but I'd try with Ask Competition Home first .

in my experience with this years editor. just adding stadiums to the pool will either A) use only one stadium or B) not use them at all.

to fix this for cups, you need to add fixture dates assigned to a stadium and add offset dates that are assigned to the other stadiums. you would also need to select restrict neutreal stadiums to the stadium pool.

leagues work the same way but you need to set some other stuff as well

17 hours ago, Fredrik said:

What's the stadium setting? At least in earlier version you'd need to set Stadium in the schedule. I think it's set to Home by default. 

I'm not 100% sure which one works but I'd try with Ask Competition Home first .

I'll try and find it and see if that works.

7 hours ago, Robbles Quin ®™ said:

in my experience with this years editor. just adding stadiums to the pool will either A) use only one stadium or B) not use them at all.

to fix this for cups, you need to add fixture dates assigned to a stadium and add offset dates that are assigned to the other stadiums. you would also need to select restrict neutreal stadiums to the stadium pool.

leagues work the same way but you need to set some other stuff as well

Such as? :)

• 3 years later...

@Robbles Quin ®™ bumping in as I am having the same issue when assigning three particular stadiums for a domestic league. Same concept as @Mons as I am trying to create the Maltese League. I have tried all versions of ticking and checking boxes in the stadium pool but none seem to work. When starting a new game all the games are scheduled in one stadium only instead randomised between the three (Goes without saying I ticked the randomise stadium boxes and unticked them for various tests). Is this a bug or am I missing something?

For teams to play their designated home games at various stadia in a specific league competition, you can also just go into league settings and then at the bottom is "specific alternative stadiums used for fixtures in league stage". Tell it however many games you want them to play at this alternate stadia.

This is easier than going into the team's "stadium" and just giving them an alternate stadium for various 1 or 2-week periods.

For the stadium pool, as long as "randomise stadiums" is activated and UNCHECKED, then the stadia in the stadium pool will now become stadium_0, stadium_1, stadium_2 etc. Randomise is useful if you want, say, a cup final to be randomly picked from a list of pre-selected stadiums. I think the fixture differences above may be because the games are scheduled at the same time? But you can have multiple games per stadium per day (not sure you even need that box checked) as long as they're at least 2 hours apart

Edited by themodelcitizen

• 2 weeks later...