[FM21] 100 Youth Tournaments: Manage Your Youth Team! v1.1 - UPDATED for 21.4 patch

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Hav3n_The_Hero said:

@majesticeternity This database is amazing! I did not realize how much i needed this in my life. The youth development can feel really hollow sometimes. This helps that out nicely.

Thank you!

Yes, it does feel so hollow!

I really like how these add to the game, a whole new way to play. And even a challenge(only if you wish) to manage a youth team at the same time, and figure out how to handle the expenses and staff and issues when you're lower league..

the file:

1 - Youth Tournaments - 1st Division U19s All Clubs

@majesticeternity adds not existing U18 youth teams to swiss clubs like Lausanne Sport, FC Luzern, FC Lugano etc.  ... this clubs have affiliated and mostly shared u18 teams. i know that you have probably added this youth teams in the file, to be able to participate on the tournaments. but it should be the affiliated stand alone teams, which plays on this tournaments and not the generated u18 team of a club (which in the default database does not exists > it comes only with your file). 

can you please double check and correct. because it affects youth team management in switzerland heavily. 

this are the original settings in switzerland for affiliated teams (always mentioned the youth team > and the feeder clubs with their setting for generated youth teams):

there is also one U21 affiliated team in switzerland > team ticino u21. 

Team Ticino U18 (5723694)

·        FC Lugano > U-18: no

·        AC Bellinzona > U-18: no

·        FC Chiasso > U-18: no

·        FC Locarno > U-18: no

Team Ticino U21 (69001090)

·        FC Lugano > U-21: no

·        AC Bellinzona > U-21: no

·        FC Chiasso > U-21: no

Team Xamax-BEJUNE U18 (98042212)

·        Neuchatel Xamax > U-18 : no

·        FC Biel-Bienne > U-18 : no

·        SR Delémont > U-18 : no

Team Vaud Lausanne U18 (98042220)

Team Vaud Lausanne U18 (98042220) > Teams > Youth U18B

·        FC Lausanne Sport > U-18: no

·        FC Yverdon Sport > U-18: no

·        Stade Nyonnais > U-18: no

FCO St. Gallen/Wil U18 (98042201)

FCO St. Gallen/Wil U18 (98042201) > Teams > Youth U18B

·        FC St. Gallen > U-18: no

·        FC Wil > U-18: no

Team Luzern-Kriens U18 (5723684)

Team Luzern-Kriens U18 (5723684) > Teams > Youth U18B

·        FC Luzern > U-18: no

·        SC Kriens > U-18: no

Team Aargau U18 (5723682)

·        FC Aarau > U-18: no

·        FC Baden > U-18: no

·        SC Zofingen > U-18: no

FC Rapperswil-Jona/GC U18 (98042232)

·        FC Rapperswil-Jona > U-18: no

FC Concordia BS/FC Solothurn U18 (2000062987)

·        FC Solothurn > U-18: no

·        FC Concordia Basel > U-18: no

Team Liechtenstein U18 (5723697)

·        FC Vaduz > U-18: no / U-21: no

·        USV Eschen/Mauren > U-18: no

·        FC Balzers > U-18: no

·         Ruggel > U-18: no

·        FC Schaan > U-18: no

·        FC Triesen > U-18: no

·        FC Triesenberg > U-18: no

there is also a standalone youth team in switzerland, not related to a club. probably you wann make this team also participating on these tournaments:

Team AFF/FFV Fribourg U18 (98042237)

Team Südostschweiz U18 (2000062972)

i did not check which other youth tournament probably adds generated teams. i just made the check with the mentionend file as it seemd for me to be the file adding generated U18 sides > and i got confirmed my assumption with that file. of course it was the only file i have added to the test, no other file was used for the test, 

Edited by adesmir

3 hours ago, adesmir said:

the file:

1 - Youth Tournaments - 1st Division U19s All Clubs

@majesticeternity adds not existing U18 youth teams to swiss clubs like Lausanne Sport, FC Luzern, FC Lugano etc.  ... this clubs have affiliated and mostly shared u18 teams. i know that you have probably added this youth teams in the file, to be able to participate on the tournaments. but it should be the affiliated stand alone teams, which plays on this tournaments and not the generated u18 team of a club (which in the default database does not exists > it comes only with your file). 

can you please double check and correct. because it affects youth team management in switzerland heavily. 

this are the original settings in switzerland for affiliated teams (always mentioned the youth team > and the feeder clubs with their setting for generated youth teams):

there is also one U21 affiliated team in switzerland > team ticino u21. 

Team Ticino U18 (5723694)

·        FC Lugano > U-18: no

·        AC Bellinzona > U-18: no

·        FC Chiasso > U-18: no

·        FC Locarno > U-18: no

Team Ticino U21 (69001090)

·        FC Lugano > U-21: no

·        AC Bellinzona > U-21: no

·        FC Chiasso > U-21: no

Team Xamax-BEJUNE U18 (98042212)

·        Neuchatel Xamax > U-18 : no

·        FC Biel-Bienne > U-18 : no

·        SR Delémont > U-18 : no

Team Vaud Lausanne U18 (98042220)

Team Vaud Lausanne U18 (98042220) > Teams > Youth U18B

·        FC Lausanne Sport > U-18: no

·        FC Yverdon Sport > U-18: no

·        Stade Nyonnais > U-18: no

FCO St. Gallen/Wil U18 (98042201)

FCO St. Gallen/Wil U18 (98042201) > Teams > Youth U18B

·        FC St. Gallen > U-18: no

·        FC Wil > U-18: no

Team Luzern-Kriens U18 (5723684)

Team Luzern-Kriens U18 (5723684) > Teams > Youth U18B

·        FC Luzern > U-18: no

·        SC Kriens > U-18: no

Team Aargau U18 (5723682)

·        FC Aarau > U-18: no

·        FC Baden > U-18: no

·        SC Zofingen > U-18: no

FC Rapperswil-Jona/GC U18 (98042232)

·        FC Rapperswil-Jona > U-18: no

FC Concordia BS/FC Solothurn U18 (2000062987)

·        FC Solothurn > U-18: no

·        FC Concordia Basel > U-18: no

Team Liechtenstein U18 (5723697)

·        FC Vaduz > U-18: no / U-21: no

·        USV Eschen/Mauren > U-18: no

·        FC Balzers > U-18: no

·         Ruggel > U-18: no

·        FC Schaan > U-18: no

·        FC Triesen > U-18: no

·        FC Triesenberg > U-18: no

there is also a standalone youth team in switzerland, not related to a club. probably you wann make this team also participating on these tournaments:

Team AFF/FFV Fribourg U18 (98042237)

Team Südostschweiz U18 (2000062972)

i did not check which other youth tournament probably adds generated teams. i just made the check with the mentionend file as it seemd for me to be the file adding generated U18 sides > and i got confirmed my assumption with that file. of course it was the only file i have added to the test, no other file was used for the test, 

Thank you for the info and feedback!

I am not sure how that is intended to work, with the shared teams, as I haven't managed in Switzerland, but when I look at the shared teams, there are no players.

But if you load up the Editor, no file added, SI has set Switzerland to have U18 teams.

Basel:image.thumb.png.ceae088f876eec71907e6efb78140517.png

Young Boys:

image.thumb.png.377758887a2dabf03bffc537176e0072.png

But, either way, the tournaments do not add any youth teams, that I know of. I made sure to not select that option, but that IF there is a U18 or U19 team, it will take them, otherwise no.

image.png

@majesticeternity

Basel and Young Boys don't have shared youth teams. that's why i provided you above a list of  teams which have this shared youth teams. in game the main club sends players to this teams, so they will be filled with players (in the editor they are empty, that is correct). 

please test it by yourself, and you will see your file adds youth teams (check Lausanne Sport, FC Luzern, FC Lugano ). no idea why i can't provide you more than that (and a screenshot would be sensless, because it just shows the created team :)).

if you need more info. let me know it. 

Edited by adesmir

On 18/12/2020 at 11:40, majesticeternity said:

Thank you!

Yes, it does feel so hollow!

I really like how these add to the game, a whole new way to play. And even a challenge(only if you wish) to manage a youth team at the same time, and figure out how to handle the expenses and staff and issues when you're lower league..

Can you manage a youth team in a match as well? I have to tried to do that before but it only informs me about the game results after the fact.

43 minutes ago, majesticeternity said:

Yes, you can. You have to change staff responsibilities, so that you take over matches.

I did change the staff responsibilities but it still doesn't come up for me...I am really not sure why. 

On a related note it appears some of your group stage matches do not appear as Competitive fixtures some maybe it it considered a friendly and why I cannot manage?

Edited by Hav3n_The_Hero

Just now, Hav3n_The_Hero said:

I did change the staff responsibilities but it still doesn't come up for me...I am really not sure why.

you changed the specific ones where you take over the match itself? so that, you handle team selection also, before the match? Then you should be able to manage the team also.

3 minutes ago, Hav3n_The_Hero said:

On a related note it appears some of your group stage matches do not appear as Competitive fixtures some maybe it it considered a friendly and why I cannot manage?

Nvm I a wrong about the competition listing.

But yes I changed all the possible staff responsibilities for me to manage. 

Is it possible that because the fixture is to close(the next day) as a senior squad fixture that I do not have travel time so I cannot coach it?

Just now, Hav3n_The_Hero said:

Nvm I a wrong about the competition listing.

But yes I changed all the possible staff responsibilities for me to manage. 

Is it possible that because the fixture is to close(the next day) as a senior squad fixture that I do not have travel time so I cannot coach it?

Nope, shouldn't be...

I had some issues with this last FM, sometimes the Responsibilities don't change correctly..

you could try a test: fire your youth coach, so you have to become the one running it...

I'm not sure right now...lol. sorry. maybe you can ask on the forums how to take over youth matches.

Hi, I'm not sure if anyone has brought this up but I've noticed managing Bayern II that my club travels before and after every game. The tournament I noticed this in was hosted by Korea. Not only does the travel time increase fatigue and eliminate an entire block of training, but it doesn't really make sense for my team to play a game in Seoul, fly home to Munich to have one afternoon training session and then fly back out to Korea for the next match. While this is not the biggest deal, it is kind of a silly problem to have to factor in travel into my training schedules. 

9 minutes ago, bielsadidnothingwrong said:

Hi, I'm not sure if anyone has brought this up but I've noticed managing Bayern II that my club travels before and after every game. The tournament I noticed this in was hosted by Korea. Not only does the travel time increase fatigue and eliminate an entire block of training, but it doesn't really make sense for my team to play a game in Seoul, fly home to Munich to have one afternoon training session and then fly back out to Korea for the next match. While this is not the biggest deal, it is kind of a silly problem to have to factor in travel into my training schedules. 

Yea, it is a bit strange to fly back right away, but FM doesn't have "hotels".

And, well, that's kind of the point of tournaments, youth clubs play games, not just train. And, they are trading training for the benefits of match experience.

46 minutes ago, majesticeternity said:

Yea, it is a bit strange to fly back right away, but FM doesn't have "hotels".

And, well, that's kind of the point of tournaments, youth clubs play games, not just train. And, they are trading training for the benefits of match experience.

Fair point, just thought maybe it had to do with the schedule not treating the tournament as such and instead just a series of friendlies. Still a great add-on despite the small flaw. 

38 minutes ago, bielsadidnothingwrong said:

Fair point, just thought maybe it had to do with the schedule not treating the tournament as such and instead just a series of friendlies. Still a great add-on despite the small flaw. 

yea, could be..i'm not sure. they're set as cups and competitions...i'd have to look into it

Hi, do you have any idea how many U18, U19, U20(etc etc) tournaments there are? I have been thinking of maybe cheesing the system with a save I am thinking of(Probably Burnley) where I add more youth teams, like a U19, U20, U21, etc so I could have more youth players at the club that still plays against good opposition, and not just friendlies and training.

Edit: Welp, just found out that you can only have 3 teams from the 'Reserve Team to Create' section lol. Hope the manual 'Reserve Team' creator works

Edit2: *Sigh* I might have to get an IQ test, They literally are sorted by U19, B, II and such. Anyway, thanks for you hard work lol

Edited by HurkaDurk69

36 minutes ago, HurkaDurk69 said:

Hi, do you have any idea how many U18, U19, U20(etc etc) tournaments there are? I have been thinking of maybe cheesing the system with a save I am thinking of(Probably Burnley) where I add more youth teams, like a U19, U20, U21, etc so I could have more youth players at the club that still plays against good opposition, and not just friendlies and training.

Edit: Welp, just found out that you can only have 3 teams from the 'Reserve Team to Create' section lol. Hope the manual 'Reserve Team' creator works

Edit2: *Sigh* I might have to get an IQ test, They literally are sorted by U19, B, II and such. Anyway, thanks for you hard work lol

no...problem?? lol

thanks

Is there a way for this to stop filling my competitions page with cups im apparently a part of, but never play a game in? These competitions run completely without my team playing a match. Just sits in my competition page clogging up space forever.

Football Manager Screenshot 2021.01.06 - 21.20.49.02.png

• majesticeternity changed the title to [FM21] 100 Youth Tournaments: Manage Your Youth Team! v1.1 *UPDATED 1/9/21*
On 06/01/2021 at 03:22, SeaCarrot said:

Is there a way for this to stop filling my competitions page with cups im apparently a part of, but never play a game in? These competitions run completely without my team playing a match. Just sits in my competition page clogging up space forever.

Updated the U19s file, thank you for letting me know this!

The errors wont harm your current save you're playing, they'll only, as you said, clog up the space.

They're fixed now, and no longer will your senior team be selected for a cup they don't play in.

Thanks again!

image.thumb.png.347afd86f758c4110713f61985dd9a0e.png

I get duplicate notifications for both the u21 and u19 tournaments, not sure why?

Also, they don't really make sense as they are formatted right now. It's June 17th in my save, and semi-final time in the tournament, yet the notification seems to be a pre-tournament heads up.

Maybe remove all together unless the copy can be updated for each stage of the tournament? 

2 minutes ago, Fábio274 said:

Great work only one problem 

This file creates non existing youth teams... for example in Portugal Moreirense and Santa Clara dont have u23 teams and with this file they have, dont know if that happens in other teams

Yea, someone else mentioned that. I am not sure how or why it does this. But it shouldn't be a problem, as they would just have additional youth teams to develop, if there are players there.

vor 1 Stunde schrieb majesticeternity:

Yea, someone else mentioned that. I am not sure how or why it does this. But it shouldn't be a problem, as they would just have additional youth teams to develop, if there are players there.

it was me. with switzerland. post from december 22

Really like the file, but I've found an issue.

I got a message that my Champions League mast against Man City was moved to a Saturday, because their U23's were playing a match. 

Looking at previous seasons, it looks like this isn't the first time this happend, with a couple of other Champions League matches being played on the weekend and one of the teams involved always had a youth team play on the day that team was supposed to play Champions League.

This also gave me the added issue of having to play my league game that was supposed to be on that Saturday during the international break.

20210121140043_1.thumb.jpg.76ccc071d4e4b97db05c7ece0ab0e70f.jpg

20210121140509_1.thumb.jpg.306084c6f57efdb43f8fc60131a84ff7.jpg20210121140105_1.thumb.jpg.d404aabeb239598af6151f750c0fe055.jpg20210121140509_1.thumb.jpg.306084c6f57efdb43f8fc60131a84ff7.jpg20210121140837_1.thumb.jpg.6b695eddfd5fa2e8ee185eae8bcaecb1.jpg20210121140527_1.thumb.jpg.c4968eef510bdab4ae530b164141abc6.jpg

Not sure if you can do anything about it, or if this is more down to the game, but I figured I'd let you know.

@adesmir

The Switzerland issue is quite difficult to fix, but i've tried a solution... I individually added each affiliate and Basel and Young Boys...to. all. of the competitions.

@freddieos

I removed all notifications, they were stuck on notifying for every phase, so that might have been the issue.

@Nolopola

Thanks for the info!

The latter stages were on Highest priority, so I guess that overrode the CL priority. I changed everything to Domestic Cup - Low, so it should be fixed.

If you guys and anyone else could test this, that would be a big help!

1 - Youth Tournaments - 1st Division B,II,U21s.fmf1 - Youth Tournaments - IberCup.fmf1 - Youth Tournaments - 1st Division Elite B,II,U21s,U23s.fmf1 - Youth Tournaments - 1st Division U19s All Clubs.fmf

I don't if if it's because I added lots of files but it just seems the youth teams are playing way to many games which is not realistic. there playing over 60 games a season. looking at a real youth team they only play about 40 games at most.

2 hours ago, J-Hood said:

I don't if if it's because I added lots of files but it just seems the youth teams are playing way to many games which is not realistic. there playing over 60 games a season. looking at a real youth team they only play about 40 games at most.

Yes, it’s probably because you added too many, and/or have a lot of playable leagues which have youth divisions, or not enough playable leagues in general. 

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you so much for your work on this file. I have been spending so much time attending these youth tournaments as a spectator cheering on my youth teams and scouting others; feels really immersive.

Just started a new save and chose not to use the new updated database just so I could play with your tournaments :D

1 hour ago, smeagoltonez said:

Hi, can you give any estimate of when this will be 21.3x compatible?  I'm keen to start a new save but will wait if these will be compatible within the next couple of days.

Thanks again for all of your work!

Check the mega pack, they’re updated  there. I just haven’t had a chance to update these links yet. Enjoy!

2 hours ago, thestyle84 said:

hello majesticeternity I would like to ask you to check the viareggio cup because to me it is double due to the one already created by the original db

Thanks for the images.

yes it can be confusing, but the default Viareggio tournament is this one:  http://www.viareggiocup.com/en/torneo.html?Itemid=639 More focused on Italian teams, above age 15, higher quality, and with a few teams from around the world. 

the one I added is here: http://www.trofeocittaviareggio.it/en/index.php

a “lower quality” tournament more focused on younger youth <18. They’re two different tournaments