Scouting Africa

How do you scout Africa and with how many scouts? The best regions seems to be West, North and South Africa. I will start in those regions, with one or two scouts having some knowledge there and good adaptability. 

Database size seems to matter abit aswell. How many promising U18 africans in average do you find with the standard database sizes small, medium and large?

Playing with the editor enabled I’ve seen some pretty beastly regens generated in Africa, but the African nations have also taken a big hit in youth rating this year. Nigeria was 140 and now sits around 100 I believe and so on, I did stumble across some 150+ PA players from Ghana in my future save in 2032, but they seem very rare. I’d suggest scouting South Africa (The Nation) and that’s really about it. My version of scouting Africa is opening the player search panel for ages 15-19 with clubs in Africa and look for players wanted by European clubs, this will help you catch the ones generating in leagues that are hard and inefficient to scout.

3 hours ago, Sloak said:

Playing with the editor enabled I’ve seen some pretty beastly regens generated in Africa, but the African nations have also taken a big hit in youth rating this year. Nigeria was 140 and now sits around 100 I believe and so on, I did stumble across some 150+ PA players from Ghana in my future save in 2032, but they seem very rare. I’d suggest scouting South Africa (The Nation) and that’s really about it. My version of scouting Africa is opening the player search panel for ages 15-19 with clubs in Africa and look for players wanted by European clubs, this will help you catch the ones generating in leagues that are hard and inefficient to scout.

Thanks for great input! How large database did your save have? Did you also add any custom data for extra players?

Your nice input makes me lean towards that added custom data, like players from top clubs in Africa is needed to find more than a few great newgens.

4 hours ago, Sloak said:

Africa has always good newgens in specific clubs/countries. Ivory Coast, Ghana, Nigeria, Algeria are the best to scout each year. And I don't recall Nigeria having 140 Youth Rating, they sit around 120 from few years on.

On 15/12/2020 at 18:15, Dreambuilder said:

How do you scout Africa and with how many scouts? The best regions seems to be West, North and South Africa. I will start in those regions, with one or two scouts having some knowledge there and good adaptability. 

Database size seems to matter abit aswell. How many promising U18 africans in average do you find with the standard database sizes small, medium and large?

You can always add players from africa when creating a save. Add those with continental and national reputation maybe (or from top division clubs) and you should be okay.

2 hours ago, Bigpole said:

You can always add players from africa when creating a save. Add those with continental and national reputation maybe (or from top division clubs) and you should be okay.

Yes. But what is the minimum database size to find some good newgens in Africa? What DB size do you play with? =)

Edited by Dreambuilder

4 hours ago, Dreambuilder said:

Yes. But what is the minimum database size to find some good newgens in Africa? What DB size do you play with? =)

There's no minimum database size, the more players you'll load - the more chance you'll get the good newgens. My database is around 70k-80k. All main players from europe, and south america. And top clubs from north america, africa and asia.

2 hours ago, Bigpole said:

There's no minimum database size, the more players you'll load - the more chance you'll get the good newgens. My database is around 70k-80k. All main players from europe, and south america. And top clubs from north america, africa and asia.

Sounds like a good number 70-80k. Does the game speed slow down after some seasons with that, how much?