Throw-ins being thrown directly to the opposition..

This is probably the most glaring hole in the match engine for me - I'm watching full matches for the first time and it really seems the majority of throws are broken. The AI's too. I only watch the Prem League but modern football throws seem more like a formality these days - surely can't be hard to model mostly low-risk throws with a reasonably high chance of success. Wonder if there is some underlying issue with the AI defending out wide because they also seem to ignore full-backs a lot.

I usually watch full games too and I can say without any doubt: they ARE broken. More true to say they have been...since opus 2019 (at least).

The fact is defenders and midfielders ignore personnal instructions such as Attack 1st post or Mark the keeper. They roam around the center of the field instead. Try it. The only instruction they seem to understand well is "advance". Setting up long throw-ins tactics is a real deal.

50:56

my Right back throws the ball directly to the opposition who then counter and score. I've watched a few games this weekend and not seen this happen once, yet it seems to happen near enough every game on FM. I would accept this being an issue maybe on the beta, or maybe on FM06 but not now. 

As you can see from my attacking throw-in routine, Ive asked 3 players to stay back so that I minimise the chances of getting countered while also have 3 players outside of the box, most importantly I put 2 players to come short to offer options, as you will be able to see from the pkm the players did not take notice to this set up or instructions, something Ive reported many times before, yet it seems like its not been sorted.

@CJ Ramson @Jemal Wiseman

2020-12-29_22-20-52.jpg

Celta Vigo v Badalona.pkm

19 hours ago, Jemal Wiseman said:

Thank you all for getting in touch. 

This is a known issue which we are currently gathering examples for internally.

Please could you attach some more examples to this thread. The more we collect for the developers, the better.

Cheers.

I am off season, not ready to resume play. But here is an example of a broken PI (here "mark the keeper").

685652757_Marquagegardien_bis.JPG.5ec1fb34d749b8fbbb1aa5c4e4646760.JPG112512236_Marquagegardien.JPG.e410a71fb810421856dc15726fc7690a.JPG

I had to start making my wingers take the throw in and keep my full backs and cbs back so when the opposition intercept im not completely exposed.

This has helped

It feel like AI are the ones who constantly score from my attacking set plays

Usually because the 2 players I leave back just back off the dribbler until they're in the box

As for defending throws these instructions get ignored so it no wonder you cant press a throw like the AI do

Here's a match versus my friend online When he scored from a long throw .

My Specific tactic which i took 5 min constructing once i saw he was doing long throws was just ignored throughout the game :rolleyes:

See how there's no one up front even though it clearly specifies 3

You cant tell but the specific marking is all wrong too Got the small guys that are supposed to be up front man marking their tall lads

20201231184129_1.jpg

20201231184146_1.jpg

Hello,

My CB should be attacking the near post. However he stands in the same position in the middle of the pitch from every long throw from both sides of the pitch. Also when i swapped my striker to attack near post and the CB mark keeper, my centre back stood outside the area in the same position (CB is number 5 in the screenshots).

image.png.6c2e0cf32c7fd8d8d7bd030ded195588.png

image.thumb.png.8c7cfc7bc20164b8736b119f32dad9e6.png 

image.png

Edited by benhoward12

3 hours ago, benhoward12 said:

Hello,

My CB should be attacking the near post. However he stands in the same position in the middle of the pitch from every long throw from both sides of the pitch. Also when i swapped my striker to attack near post and the CB mark keeper, my centre back stood outside the area in the same position (CB is number 5 in the screenshots).

Each and every players instructions are broken, excepted one: Go Forward. Just try it. Give up long throws tactics as they are completely useless.

FYI there were exactly the same issues on FM20.

All throws are nonsense

Attacking throws i try to leave to my wingers and leave all 4 defenders back 

I know for a fact its gonna lead to a break

The most annoying thing is My players never press like the ai does when defending a short throw

The ones near my penalty box always turn to a chance

29 minutes ago, Louisking1992 said:

@CJ Ramson I think you guys have enough info now to sort this out no?  I started this thread on the 17th Dec, since then we've had an update yet the issues are still there. 

Can you check plz how many players you have on the pitch when setting up a throw-in in the tactics screen. I still have 10 (including the thrower), my CML is missing in each and every save, on both sides.

Because I think they have to rework throw-ins completely.

20 hours ago, yanloup64 said:

Can you check plz how many players you have on the pitch when setting up a throw-in in the tactics screen. I still have 10 (including the thrower), my CML is missing in each and every save, on both sides.

Because I think they have to rework throw-ins completely.

I've had this problem when trying to load throw-in routines. Usually a reset to default and updating the routine manually helps.

On 21/01/2021 at 11:23, aritra14 said:

I've had this problem when trying to load throw-in routines. Usually a reset to default and updating the routine manually helps.

This worked almost perfect for attacking throw-ins. However, defending throw-ins seem to be stuck on default setting no matter what I do. Playing a match I even put everybody forward on the defending throw-in setting and during the match the players stayed in default positions. 

6 hours ago, SOULjah said:

defending throw-ins seem to be stuck on default setting no matter what I do.

I manually setup every defensive free kick, corner and throw-in routine every time I adopt a new/change my old tactics. Even then nearly 1 in 3 (anecdotal) highlights has the players in the default setup. Example - In my 4141 DM formation, the default routine has the DM on Go Forward, while less defensively aware wingers keep marking players in the box. Although I changed this manually, frequently I'll notice it's still the DM forward. Mostly they follow the routine, but sometimes they don't. Kinda frustrating NGL.

Edited by aritra14

I noticed one consistent irregularity when it comes to throw in routines. I have the DM set to receive short and the 2 strikers to go forward. But its always the striker on that side who comes to receive short. 90% of my throw ins in the opposition half are sent short to my striker which either touches it back and rushes back to his position or is then forced to stay wide and cross. 

Is this normal? I would much rather prefer them to stay up and the DM been the one that recives as he can put the long passes better, specially if the strikers are in/around the box to receive them.

3 Times in this game, my player throws it directly to the opposition from a throw-in.... seriously? 

You should have enough info now don't you think? so why are we not seeing improvements? The reason you took away the in-game analysis screen was because its unrealistic, yet I keep seeing these issues every single game? is that realistic because I've just watched a couple game and never did I see this many issues..

Venezia v Brescia.pkm

• 2 weeks later...

I have only just started my Arsenal save as I was waiting for the feb update but wow long throws are broken literally every long throw my player took he threw it directly to the goalkeeper 🤬😤

10 hours ago, dcaine100 said:

I have only just started my Arsenal save as I was waiting for the feb update but wow long throws are broken literally every long throw my player took he threw it directly to the goalkeeper 🤬😤

Most of them. But on rare occasions some may hit a player of yours and be lethal.

Question: do you have 1 or 2 throwers (say 1 for each side) ?