Low Player Ratings After Update

marchand

My friend and I are doing a Bundesliga save together and my player ratings are very low even though I'm at 1st seat. My friend says that his players have low ratings too. All my players have lower rating -7.0 if they don't score or assist. Is it because of my tactics or what? If they are this bad how I managed to be 1st?

Screenshot_1.png

Screenshot_2.png

Screenshot_4.png

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think fullbacks are especially penalised in this. I have just been checking my save in its second season and a few things stick out in my lower division.

All but one player in the top 20 players so far is an attacker.

Clicking on teams across the division seem to show at least one fullback having a below 6.5 average rating for the season.

This doesn't seem to be an issue at higher levels where fullbacks are getting good ratings in other divisions... so it only seems like it is my league... which is strange.

I've included my save and a PKM from a match I won where the FBs got pants ratings...

Cheshunt v Hornchurch (Fullback).pkm

Never faced this issue before, in last year's iteration, we had many high ratings for full backs which was abnormal but bearable. Prior to the latest patch, i felt this year's ratings were accurate and ratings were good all round, even if a player didnt score or grab an assist - which used to be a pre-requisite for good ratings - the player could get a good rating.

Post-patch, ratings have been entirely messed up, losing a game 1-0 can see more than 5 of my players with ratings 6.4 and below. I have never been able to discipline so many players for poor performance after one game.

This affects player development and player values as most of my team have seen decreases in their values and current abilities due to perceived 'poor' performances in game.

Will wait for this to be sorted out, hopefully via a hotfix, as I cannot bear to see my players averaging ratings of 7.1 despite scoring once every other game.

I'm very much seeing low ratings - lower than ever, in 20+ years of this game. If it's intentional, then I guess I'm going to have to get used to 6 being the new 7, but it's a little frustrating.

Here's my squad this season, for reference. I'm currently top of La Liga (27-4-3) and in the semi finals of the CL, yet the ratings would more closely resemble a mid-table team in older versions, and indeed earlier patches of FM2021:

Now obviously not every rating is wrong - it's actually nice to see Goalkeepers doing well for once, and my central players are all doing well - Torres, Giménez, Quaresma, Ugarte (before injury), Koke, Szobozlai, Felix, Martínez... but my fullbacks are terrible according to the ratings, and my wide players, despite bagging 15+ goals each and 10+ assists are at 6.85 and 7. Lodi meanwhile, despite being one of the best left-backs in the game at this point, sits at 6.82... maybe it's yellow card related (17 in all competitions), but he's dropped from 7.25 in the first patch, playing in a weaker lineup, to his current rating, and hasn't average about 6.9 in the past 4 years.

FM2021.png

Edited by lukekarts

2 hours ago, Coolcup said:

Has this been acknowledged as an issue by SI and is it being worked on? It’s a game breaking bug and includes the fact that every game there are no key tackles by any player which is clearly contributing to the issue. 

No key tackles is only one of the issues. Many other data points seem to be well off. Lots of content creators on youtube now highlighting how bad the issue is.

35 minutes ago, Coolcup said:

Has SI acknowledged the issue? I saw a few posts where they were simply asking for more examples. It surprised me as it is bleedingly obvious. 

They've not acknowledged they are looking at it on this forum but they'll be daft not to be in the office. Surprised this can't be fixed with a hotfix considering it's only happened with this patch. 

hace 2 minutos, ajw10 dijo:

Lads, it's the Christmas holidays and today is a bank holiday. You shouldn't really expect any sort of response until next Monday

So unfortunately I'm not going to play until  next Friday after next Monday? Because first they have to see that there is a huge issue and then they will have to take a few days to solve it, so probably I won't play after my Christmas holidays ends. And I paid the game in October... A bit annoying

1 minute ago, pejocho said:

So unfortunately I'm not going to play until  next Friday after next Monday? Because first they have to see that there is a huge issue and then they will have to take a few days to solve it, so probably I won't play after my Christmas holidays ends. And I paid the game in October... A bit annoying

Yeah it is annoying, but that's life. Can't expect people to work during their holidays for a video game :D It's not THAT important

Justo ahora, ajw10 dijo:

Yeah it is annoying, but that's life. Can't expect people to work during their holidays for a video game :D It's not THAT important

Nop, I don't see anyone telling that anyone have to work on holidays, I just see people that want to play a game without huge issues (youth intake and players ratings) that was released some weeks ago and they paid for it. I don't think you should opine if people can complain about the things they buy

I've been really enjoying my save but have had to put the brakes on until after this is resolved as it seems impossible to get positive ratings from defensive players which seems to impact morale and you end up answering questions on why player X wasn't subbed when they were on a 6.1 despite playing well. The fact the press ask you why the player wasn't taken off tells me SI haven't reset what a good performance is and this is a definite bug

1 hour ago, Ipswich Staying Up said:

've been really enjoying my save but have had to put the brakes on until after this is resolved as it seems impossible to get positive ratings from defensive players which seems to impact morale and you end up answering questions on why player X wasn't subbed when they were on a 6.1 despite playing well. The fact the press ask you why the player wasn't taken off tells me SI haven't reset what a good performance is and this is a definite bug

I was looking forward for this days between Christmas and New Year been on vacation and planning to play FM, but this ratings thing is so annoying... I really really don't feel like playing right now :(

Same problem here with the ratings of my defensive players... I manage to win 5-0 and, yet, my defenders manage to have scores of 6.1.

I don't know if this is normal or it is a will with the last patch to not necessarily raise the notes of the defenders but it comes as a shock when we compare with the old versions of FM. 

Hoping that we have an answer on this subject even if I understand correctly that it is the holidays.

I only started my first post-BETA game this week, I had two seasons on the BETA which were all fine.

I'm top of League 2 in December 2020, but only three players average over 7.00 so far. My left back who has 10 assists as he takes all corners and free kicks (fair), my striker who is averaging a 1:1 goals to games ratio (fine) and my goalkeeper. He has been good but not to the level of his high ratings (about 0.3 higher than I would expect). My other full backs are rotated and average around 6.60 which is probably about 0.3 below what it should be. Both wingers (in a flat 442) are also on around 6.60, and the more defensive of my CM pair is about the same. All three are about 0.2 below what I would expect.

Edited by Jogo Bonito

On 29/12/2020 at 12:43, AtlasFR said:

Same problem here with the ratings of my defensive players... I manage to win 5-0 and, yet, my defenders manage to have scores of 6.1.

I don't know if this is normal or it is a will with the last patch to not necessarily raise the notes of the defenders but it comes as a shock when we compare with the old versions of FM. 

Hoping that we have an answer on this subject even if I understand correctly that it is the holidays.

It is under review.

• Administrators

As has been said in the other thread the issue is currently under review with our QA team and is being investigated. We're aware that defenders average ratings appear lower than they should be currently, but average ratings only have some affect on player transfer interest and value, so will not drastically affect how the gameworld plays out. 

Thanks. 

Thanks for acknowledging the existence of this issue!

I do think the player values are hugely affected though, player ratings are correlated with player performance which directly impacts development. I've had my full backs and strikers suffering attribute and value drops due to these 'poor performances'. 

I have had to stop playing the game for fear of my players development being further stunted as i await, hopefully, a hotfix.

13 hours ago, Neil Brock said:

As has been said in the other thread the issue is currently under review with our QA team and is being investigated. We're aware that defenders average ratings appear lower than they should be currently, but average ratings only have some affect on player transfer interest and value, so will not drastically affect how the gameworld plays out. 

Thanks. 

As mentioned above Neil it's not just value and interest that this affects. It means you are punished for playing more defensive football as player ratings are lower, the lower ratings transmit directly to the morale, board and fan confidence and poor performances hinder player development as well. It seems unfair that I could have a five star rated fullback play rubbish for me but move to a different division and suddenly be averaging 7+ after being on a 6.4 for me for over two seasons which is a situation in my save I am about to find myself in, or the most promising youngster I've ever had come through getting poor ratings because he is a DM with a defensive duty. 

I'm glad it's been acknowledged and the QA team are investigating as I can't really go forward with my save atm until this is fixed.

13 hours ago, Neil Brock said:

Thanks. 

what about the impacts on morale? if the press and board are questioning the performances of players and in turn you criticise the player and they accept it means that it must be impacting that side as well as just transfers?? That's what feels more broken to me - the team responding to the ratings that suggest they're doing worse than they are...

1 minute ago, Wavelberry said:

As mentioned above Neil it's not just value and interest that this affects. It means you are punished for playing more defensive football as player ratings are lower, the lower ratings transmit directly to the morale, board and fan confidence and poor performances hinder player development as well. It seems unfair that I could have a five star rated fullback play rubbish for me but move to a different division and suddenly be averaging 7+ after being on a 6.4 for me for over two seasons which is a situation in my save I am about to find myself in, or the most promising youngster I've ever had come through getting poor ratings because he is a DM with a defensive duty. 

I'm glad it's been acknowledged and the QA team are investigating as I can't really go forward with my save atm until this is fixed.

snap!!

58 minutes ago, kevaggel said:

If i am having defenders in 'team of the year' with these average ratings then the problem is beyond the human team. (i am managing Athletic)
8570fb21724adc4a65a05d093f1b8dcc.png

The problem with low ratings is in the league you're playing, because that league is set to full detail.

All other leagues in the game that you yourself didn't set as full detail will have normal ratings which means that they will also more likely get the awards like player of the year and golden ball etc.

il y a 13 minutes, RSCA4Ever a dit :

The problem with low ratings is in the league you're playing, because that league is set to full detail.

All other leagues in the game that you yourself didn't set as full detail will have normal ratings which means that they will also more likely get the awards like player of the year and golden ball etc.

What ?

I was aware that the ratings were low for many but there are differences in the same game between championships simulated at the maximum and others at the minimum?

Invincible season, won literally everything... and look at those ratings! LOL! 

Glad to hear they are taking a look at it. Seems to affect all teams (player and AI) so that's a relief and would suggest my tactic isnt the issue.

Only 6 first team regulars with an avg. rating over 7.0 :lol:

image.thumb.png.564a511ccd97f88c49e5174a85bbef4f.png

image.thumb.png.98941fa714558cb25d362b40bc204769.png

Edited by matt_mcm

Bought this yesterday finally after building my new PC and it's unplayable because of this. I thought buying late this year would help, it seems not.

I'll wait for an update then I suppose...