Creating Faroese 3.deild (two group stages w. three groups each)

Willigenburg

Hi,

I am trying to create the faroese 3. deild in the advanced editor, but am currently stuck. I'll try and describe the league:

In the first part of the league, we have three groups with 6 teams in each. These six teams will play each other two times in the period from ~ 1/3/2020 to ~ 31/5/2020.

Then, the league is split into three (A, B, C) new groups, where the placing in the three first groups determine which group the team gets in. Each team then starts with 0 points again.

The two first teams in each of the old groups is placed into group A. The two second teams in each of the old groups is placed into group B and the two last teams in each of the old groups is placed into group C. They then play each other twice in each group from ~1/6/2020 to ~ 31/10/2020 (with a mid-season break from ~ 20/6/2020 to ~18/8/2020).

The winner of group A will get automatic promotion to 2.deild. If the team in 2nd or 3rd in group A is eligible for promotion (I know how to control this), then they play a playoff game against the second relegation team from 2.deild.

Any help? :)

I understand what you're trying to do, but I don't see where it is that you're stuck? I would imagine it's putting the teams in the right groups for the second group phase. Maybe I'm wrong, maybe there's a better way to do it, but one thing that could be possible is having four group stages actually. The first stage will have three groups, and the other three stages will have one group/league each, and you call teams to their respective league/group depending of their position in the first stage.

I imagine you could use the "Individual Group Rules" section. You'd have two group stages, and after the first stage, you spread teams depending of their results in their respective group. Then you use Individual Group Rules you customise the behaviour of each group separately. For example, you'd say top team of Group A are Champions, but you untick that for group B and C.

Edited by Xavier Lukhas

On 21/12/2020 at 22:30, Willigenburg said:

Hi,

I am trying to create the faroese 3. deild in the advanced editor, but am currently stuck. I'll try and describe the league:

In the first part of the league, we have three groups with 6 teams in each. These six teams will play each other two times in the period from ~ 1/3/2020 to ~ 31/5/2020.

Then, the league is split into three (A, B, C) new groups, where the placing in the three first groups determine which group the team gets in. Each team then starts with 0 points again.

The two first teams in each of the old groups is placed into group A. The two second teams in each of the old groups is placed into group B and the two last teams in each of the old groups is placed into group C. They then play each other twice in each group from ~1/6/2020 to ~ 31/10/2020 (with a mid-season break from ~ 20/6/2020 to ~18/8/2020).

The winner of group A will get automatic promotion to 2.deild. If the team in 2nd or 3rd in group A is eligible for promotion (I know how to control this), then they play a playoff game against the second relegation team from 2.deild.

Any help? :)

You can also set ranking levels for every group so this is not problem. Yeah like Xavier said - you can choose group stage + 3 separate league stages or group stage + group stage. I think second option is better because of history issues.

On 22/12/2020 at 06:04, Xavier Lukhas said:

I understand what you're trying to do, but I don't see where it is that you're stuck? I would imagine it's putting the teams in the right groups for the second group phase. Maybe I'm wrong, maybe there's a better way to do it, but one thing that could be possible is having four group stages actually. The first stage will have three groups, and the other three stages will have one group/league each, and you call teams to their respective league/group depending of their position in the first stage.

I imagine you could use the "Individual Group Rules" section. You'd have two group stages, and after the first stage, you spread teams depending of their results in their respective group. Then you use Individual Group Rules you customise the behaviour of each group separately. For example, you'd say top team of Group A are Champions, but you untick that for group B and C.

14 hours ago, krlenjushka said:

You can also set ranking levels for every group so this is not problem. Yeah like Xavier said - you can choose group stage + 3 separate league stages or group stage + group stage. I think second option is better because of history issues.

Haha, in my mind, I had also explained where I'm stuck... But clearly, I didn't do that in my first post :seagull:

So, what I can't figure out (and this might just be me that's stupid) is how to transfer the teams from the first group stage to the second group stage correctly. I have the groups set up, but can't seem to draw the first two teams from the three groups into the first group etc. etc. Any pointers to where I might do that?

7 hours ago, Willigenburg said:

Haha, in my mind, I had also explained where I'm stuck... But clearly, I didn't do that in my first post :seagull:

So, what I can't figure out (and this might just be me that's stupid) is how to transfer the teams from the first group stage to the second group stage correctly. I have the groups set up, but can't seem to draw the first two teams from the three groups into the first group etc. etc. Any pointers to where I might do that?

You can set qualifications for teams based on their positions. This will also be added to rules screen of stage 0. Of course you can call stages whatever you want - i added this names just to explain easier.

Screenshot_251.thumb.png.457f0021c1e83affa1014a7ceea004a2.png

In stage 1 (also group stage with 3 groups) you will set group index for qualified teams. You can use "get league stage teams" option also instead of this.

Screenshot_252.thumb.png.58f697c8c6d3406def980b6c8a3cdc2d.png

Screenshot_253.thumb.png.452a0369f78828bb0e28a4f4ac14ab85.png

After that set individual groups and thats it.

Dont forget to set ranking level in both stages.

• 2 weeks later...
On 26/12/2020 at 07:29, krlenjushka said:

You can set qualifications for teams based on their positions. This will also be added to rules screen of stage 0. Of course you can call stages whatever you want - i added this names just to explain easier.

Screenshot_251.thumb.png.457f0021c1e83affa1014a7ceea004a2.png

In stage 1 (also group stage with 3 groups) you will set group index for qualified teams. You can use "get league stage teams" option also instead of this.

Screenshot_252.thumb.png.58f697c8c6d3406def980b6c8a3cdc2d.png

Screenshot_253.thumb.png.452a0369f78828bb0e28a4f4ac14ab85.png

After that set individual groups and thats it.

Dont forget to set ranking level in both stages.

Finally got around to do this, but it seems that I can't verify the rules now. It's not picking up the teams for the second stage.

Here's the file if you want to take a look.

Faroe Islands - Advanced.xml

21 hours ago, Willigenburg said:

Finally got around to do this, but it seems that I can't verify the rules now. It's not picking up the teams for the second stage.

Here's the file if you want to take a look.

Faroe Islands - Advanced.xml 128.24 kB · 0 downloads

You have only 16 teams in this league. You need 18 for 3x6 groups. ?

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, Svartowiz said:

How is it going with this database? I'm very excited to play in the Faroe Islands, even if it's just a 2 or 3 tier database.

It's at a standstill. I didn't get to do more on it. But I do know there's some fine DBs up on Steam Workshop, so go check them out!

10 hours ago, Willigenburg said:

It's at a standstill. I didn't get to do more on it. But I do know there's some fine DBs up on Steam Workshop, so go check them out!

Which one would you recommend?

EDIT: I'm testing the one by Weiry right now. It seems like the most complete, even though I have some worries about 2nd/3rd teams getting promoted over each other in the pyramid. I'll find out I guess. :)

Edited by Svartowiz

15 hours ago, Svartowiz said:

Which one would you recommend?

EDIT: I'm testing the one by Weiry right now. It seems like the most complete, even though I have some worries about 2nd/3rd teams getting promoted over each other in the pyramid. I'll find out I guess. :)

I think Weiry's is the best one currently. You'll have that problem no matter what, as FM is not able to keep the third teams below the second teams :(

• 4 months later...