Match score board size

beanos36

Any way of getting the match score board in the top left to go across the top of the screen in full like older versions? So I’ve attached the screenshot of the scoreboard in this version (OPZ skin) but would like it to go across the whole of the top part instead of just a few inches in from the left. Thanks

A5C36A20-5ECF-4EA9-BD1E-E5027EF6A4E1.jpeg

10 hours ago, beanos36 said:

Anyone know how to do this or can it not be done? Would love the scoreboard to be bigger and more across the screen rather than tucked away in the top left

Thanks

It can be done, I played around a bit with it, but didn’t finish it completely.

Lots of people find it takes too much space and doesn’t look like a “real match” with it, all a matter of taste.

B4077AC9-697D-43E9-987B-3341D807CE78.thumb.png.a91d4aa5caa9b8ad8919bca2a5c84fc2.png

5 hours ago, a31632 said:

It can be done, I played around a bit with it, but didn’t finish it completely.

Lots of people find it takes too much space and doesn’t look like a “real match” with it, all a matter of taste.

B4077AC9-697D-43E9-987B-3341D807CE78.thumb.png.a91d4aa5caa9b8ad8919bca2a5c84fc2.png

You’re looks superb. How did you manage to do it?

3 hours ago, beanos36 said:

You’re looks superb. How did you manage to do it?

It’s far from finished, I used my standard scoreboard template (which was always a full scoreboard) and copied the code over into the new panels. 
I just spend a short time on it and as you can see it’s not aligned all good. Way too much space between team names and logo’s, no continue button etc. Missing information and buttons but it was just to see how it would look.

Maybe now that I’ve finished my skin I will have time next week to work a bit more on it as some of my friends like this concept better too compared to the small scoreboards

1 hour ago, a31632 said:

It’s far from finished, I used my standard scoreboard template (which was always a full scoreboard) and copied the code over into the new panels. 
I just spend a short time on it and as you can see it’s not aligned all good. Way too much space between team names and logo’s, no continue button etc. Missing information and buttons but it was just to see how it would look.

Maybe now that I’ve finished my skin I will have time next week to work a bit more on it as some of my friends like this concept better too compared to the small scoreboards

Still excellent even if it’s in its stages. Like the earlier day scoreboards of FM15 and early ones to the champ manager days. I’ll keep my eye on that if you do decide to carry on with it. Very smart

1727268459_Screenshot(364).thumb.png.c96ad852214463254a0f818db5028d5b.pngThis is what I finished today, It's Christmas after all.......

I think this is looking better than the scoreboard covering the whole top portion, now have space to put in a "quick tactics console" with some buttons and a logo selector with logo. Still a WIP but making progress.

Edited by a31632

On 25/12/2020 at 22:30, a31632 said:

1727268459_Screenshot(364).thumb.png.c96ad852214463254a0f818db5028d5b.pngThis is what I finished today, It's Christmas after all.......

I think this is looking better than the scoreboard covering the whole top portion, now have space to put in a "quick tactics console" with some buttons and a logo selector with logo. Still a WIP but making progress.

How did you manage to get on with this? This scoreboard is like the retro days of FM/CM, much better.

1 hour ago, beanos36 said:

How did you manage to get on with this? This scoreboard is like the retro days of FM/CM, much better.

It wasn’t that difficult really. The first thing you would need to do is find a retro scoreboard from your “favourite” skin from the past. The code for that scoreboard in the last few years has always been in “match titlebar.xml”.

Its important to not only look at the code in this file but also look at the linked graphics files and maybe other panels references in the xml. So all the xml files, fonts and graphics files used should be copied over from the old skin.

The new coding has changed but with a little effort it’s not that complicated to copy in the old code from the “match titlebar” from the retro scoreboard into the new file that has the scoreboard code “match score area panel”. The new “match titlebar.xml” file I used to link to the scoreboard code and the code in the top right corner (the “quick tactics” panel/bar).

So instead of having one xml file with all the code now there are two independent xml files that have the code for the scoreboard and the “console with quick tactics” separately.

Sorry for the long story by that is basically what you need to do in this case.

I’m not in the habit of doing this as I’m busy enough with my own “projects” as a “one off” if you PM me the files (match titlebar with fonts, graphics and other panels) from the retro scoreboard you like I will see what I can do to get it to look similar to the one I showcased here. Please also send me a screenshot so I can see how the scoreboard should look like when finished), it’s Christmas time after all ;-)