Maybe we should cut SI some slack

Ok this is a buggy release although for me the bugs seem fixable quickly and some have been fixed. I anticipate the others will too. But did we forget about Covid? Is it reasonable to just feel this should not have affected them in any way and the game should be perfect despite the challenges the pandemic would have presented to SI? Sure, they can still write their game and interact and communicate and test etc etc. But Covid would have made it harder for them to do business.

I think there’s tons of improvements, the main one being that the game just feels like it runs more smoothly. I’m liking a lot of the UI stuff. SI will keep working on making the game better. 

There's no harm in constructive criticism, it's what keeps the devs on their toes and i haven't came across a post that's overstepped any boundaries. For me the games been fine overall, a few crashes here and there and that's about it. The way i see it covids not an excuse! if the games not polished enough delay it for a few weeks. Why should people pay £30 for something that barely works? Anyone who's paid has every right to complain especially if its not working as intended. Im using the xbox and have you ever tried getting a refund from Microsoft? It takes week's and 99 percent of the time its rejected. People are having a hard time with everything thats going on and moneys tight for some then you think i'll buy fm with the little i have then it doesn't work. Imagine!

Edited by Brommer

19 hours ago, bbuullddoogg said:

Ok this is a buggy release although for me the bugs seem fixable quickly and some have been fixed. I anticipate the others will too. But did we forget about Covid? Is it reasonable to just feel this should not have affected them in any way and the game should be perfect despite the challenges the pandemic would have presented to SI? Sure, they can still write their game and interact and communicate and test etc etc. But Covid would have made it harder for them to do business.

I think there’s tons of improvements, the main one being that the game just feels like it runs more smoothly. I’m liking a lot of the UI stuff. SI will keep working on making the game better. 

In terms of Xbox-Live enabled versions, FM 2019 and FM 2020 had achievements that did not work on launch, and took several updates, several months after the launch. COVID was not an excuse then, and FM 19 was a free pass, the first FM Xbox-Live game. SI now have, in the achievement community (TrueAchievements.com), a reputation for unobtainable achievements on launch. The game runs well, but having broken achievements is frustrating, especially when I have obtained all the achievements in every FM Xbox-enabled version, and currently only 3 of us have done so. I am also the leader for the series, completed 2019 and 2020 first. Literally, I am Jay from Inbetweeners lol. In terms of FM21, I was three achievements ahead of anyone else for the completion and now I have to wait for an update, and two people have caught me up, which means it is a gamble who is around when they launch the update.

All data is at: https://www.trueachievements.com/series/Football-Manager/leaderboard