How to improve consistency in FM21?

1 minute ago, danielclouston1 said:

I had some success in improving consistency by fining underperforming players.

Ah, that rings a bell. I get determination and work rate up faster by disciplining bad performances 6,5 or lower. Is that the way you do it?

46 minutes ago, Dreambuilder said:

I see. So it's quite hard then to get big matches and consistency stat up more than a notch?

In my experience with long term saves, consistency will likely go up 2-4 points over the course of a player's career (10+ years).   Big matches is quite hard to raise with the vast majority (75%) of the players showing no change at all but of the remaining 25%, maybe 20% will gain 1 point and 5% get 2.  I've never seen a player get more than a 2 point gain in big matches over their career. 

15 hours ago, rsihn said:

In my experience with long term saves, consistency will likely go up 2-4 points over the course of a player's career (10+ years).   Big matches is quite hard to raise with the vast majority (75%) of the players showing no change at all but of the remaining 25%, maybe 20% will gain 1 point and 5% get 2.  I've never seen a player get more than a 2 point gain in big matches over their career. 

Invaluable input from long saves, thanks!! Cheers

• 3 months later...
On 28/12/2020 at 19:44, rsihn said:

This is quite silly isn’t it. Surely most players improve both consistency and big matches as they age - ie get more experienced. 

It’s very difficult for young players to be consistent, it comes as they grow. Definitely an area that needs sorting out in the next version. 

2 hours ago, DP said:

This is quite silly isn’t it. Surely most players improve both consistency and big matches as they age - ie get more experienced. 

It’s very difficult for young players to be consistent, it comes as they grow. Definitely an area that needs sorting out in the next version. 

That's why it improves 2-4 points over their careers, or do you expect a completely inconsistent player, to become a completely consistent player 10+ years after?

If so, I think you are consistently wrong in your assumption.

14 hours ago, Sharkn20 said:

That's why it improves 2-4 points over their careers, or do you expect a completely inconsistent player, to become a completely consistent player 10+ years after?

If so, I think you are consistently wrong in your assumption.

My point is pretty much ALL young players are inconsistent. Consistency isn’t a skill - it mostly comes with experience and application. Obviously some players remain inconsistent but most players should improve more than 2-4 points. 

On 23/04/2021 at 11:32, DP said:

My point is pretty much ALL young players are inconsistent. Consistency isn’t a skill - it mostly comes with experience and application. Obviously some players remain inconsistent but most players should improve more than 2-4 points. 

I disagree with pretty much ALL, depending on the quality of your intake, I saw intakes with 85% inconsistent and others with 50% inconsistent. So yeah no pretty much ALL.

What is pretty much is realistic to what you see in football base, don't think that you are going to have 15 Messis in every intake, because you will be extremely dissapointed. If you get one starter or two a year you should feel lucky.

12 hours ago, Sharkn20 said:

I disagree with pretty much ALL, depending on the quality of your intake, I saw intakes with 85% inconsistent and others with 50% inconsistent. So yeah no pretty much ALL.

What is pretty much is realistic to what you see in football base, don't think that you are going to have 15 Messis in every intake, because you will be extremely dissapointed. If you get one starter or two a year you should feel lucky.

I’m talking about real life, young players are inconsistent. It comes with experience. 

I’m not talking about their core skill so not sure why you’re mentioning Messi. 

On 28/12/2020 at 13:12, danielclouston1 said:

I had some success in improving consistency by fining underperforming players.

Me too. Fining them 1 week salary is always accepted (but not 2 weeks, as they get really upset).

Sometimes my team plays soooo bad that it seems that fines for poor performance are one of the main income sources for my club... :lol:

10 hours ago, phd_angel said:

Me too. Fining them 1 week salary is always accepted (but not 2 weeks, as they get really upset).

Sometimes my team plays soooo bad that it seems that fines for poor performance are one of the main income sources for my club... :lol:

My B team basically plays for free. I fine them every week.