I had a similar experience in a save as Manchester United, when I signed and brought Cristiano Ronaldo back to the club. The day after accepting and confirming the deal, several players came to me to say they were unhappy that I'd allowed Cristiano Ronaldo to be sold/leave the club. However clearly in Football Manager 2021 it was not possible for me to be manager of the club in 2009 when he was originally sold. Nor did the players seem to realise I was bringing the player back for his second stint at the club. I also experienced a similar issue when I signed Zlatan after the first season, when his contract at Milan had expired and brought him back to United to replace Carvani. Zlatan was returning for his 3rd spell with the club, yet players were unhappy I'd allowed him to leave. Again not possible as the game doesn't start in 2018 and I was not manager of the club when he left to join La Galaxy.

11 hours ago, Tony Garvey said:

hey @DasMagicMullet

Happy to take a look at this if you can provide a save showing it?

Saves can be uploaded to our cloud service, if you do upload one just reply here telling me the save's name please: https://oc.sigames.com/owncloud/index.php/s/Kzvhd0MdU3v4Nv4

Really sorry Tony, I thought I'd made a save of it, but I appear to have overwritten it beyond the player having the issue.