Motivational Coaches and Club Culture

• SI Staff
6 hours ago, PhamKun said:

Thank you.

But how can I improve Young Player Personality?

A motivational coach will help slightly in this regard over time automatically, other proactive steps you can take:

• Discipline the player (within reason) if they step out of line
  • Make sure that the overall 'vein' of your team is positive (ie. young players are affected by peer pressure and will often change towards the herd at the club). You can view this within 'Squad Dynamics'.
  • Give him a mentor who is strong in the areas where the player is weak (with regards to personality)

Do bear in mind however that not all players will appreciate being changed .... some will rebel against you, raising kids is hard ;)

Also, if you really want to improve club culture, you might need to sell some of the players causing issues.

It's quite hidden (many people I mention this to aren't aware of it), but to work out which ones are causing the problem, you can press on the text describing things and it will pop up a list of players and the effect they are having. Eg, when I press on "There isn't a strong culture within the squad in this area" it shows me which players are impacting Professionalism:

image.png.fb0492e9bc8a77c28f35c0be4a0604f3.png

So I should probably sell Bain, Welsh and Afolabi to improve my score (it's currently C). I'm not going to sell Hornby as he was a key signing for me. 

10 hours ago, StephenCronin said:

Also, if you really want to improve club culture, you might need to sell some of the players causing issues.

It's quite hidden (many people I mention this to aren't aware of it), but to work out which ones are causing the problem, you can press on the text describing things and it will pop up a list of players and the effect they are having. Eg, when I press on "There isn't a strong culture within the squad in this area" it shows me which players are impacting Professionalism:

image.png.fb0492e9bc8a77c28f35c0be4a0604f3.png

So I should probably sell Bain, Welsh and Afolabi to improve my score (it's currently C). I'm not going to sell Hornby as he was a key signing for me. 

This is a great tip, had never noticed this, thanks!

• SI Staff

I really should have mentioned that myself - in a similar fashion if you get a news item with an 'effect' indicating a number of players are affected in some manner ... if you click on the line of text it'll show you which players they are.