Brexit - Work Permits

Please forgive me but I am a bit fick!

What are the Brexit rules and regs?

Playing as Cheltenham, got to the Championship but it pointless me scouting anywhere other than UK as I nearly always get players denied a permit.

About 1 in 15 appeals are successful and I'm missing out on quality players because they cant get a permit.

It seems overly restrictive at the moment. There are only so many UK players that have sufficient quality and are affordable.

I think in the latest version, the Brexit message (in game) always says that EU players are going to need a work permit. I assume that's the case in real life? Not sure, as I'm not from the UK.

Anyway, looks like you're only going to be able to sign British players without a work permit. That probably limits the choices in the lower leagues, but that's Brexit for you I guess... 

You can always purchase or unlock the Work Permits unlockable and then turn them off - that's not realistic (in the new world), but I get how this could make the game a lot less fun.

Only suggestion i can give that might help if you really want a player is to save your game just before you appeal, then if it's denied just reload and try again til it's successful. 

(Technically speaking is that cheating?) Anyways it is a work-around until the issue gets fixed in future updates possibly 

Thanks both.

I appreciate it is what it is but it spoils the gameplay for lower level managers as we cant necessarily afford international players and my Cheltenham are marooned in 8th to 12th because I cant improve the quality of the squad sufficiently 

There's no way to filter players for just UK nationalities. So it does make finding players a bit more difficult at the lower leagues. Once you're at the top it's a bit easier as most players would already be internationals and would qualify for a work permit.

1 hour ago, Neb said:

There's no way to filter players for just UK nationalities. So it does make finding players a bit more difficult at the lower leagues. Once you're at the top it's a bit easier as most players would already be internationals and would qualify for a work permit.

In the player search filter you can filter the nationalities for those individual nations.

I've noted down the idea of a search for UK nationalities as a group seeing as we do have 'EU nationals'

Reached the premier league with preston, 3 years in and cannot sign anybody of a foreign nationality due to work permits, and players that have earned enough points to be granted a permit simply do not consider coming to my club. I’ve also been told a player can’t get a work permit due to national club ranking? Can’t make out if this is correct or just a fault in the game. Also attempting to sign an English player who happened to be playing at foreign club and he also got a work permit denied which cannot be the real regulations surly... I have unlocked the unlockable “No work permits” but I play on an online server so I’m guessing they’re not available?